PDA

View Full Version : Empty seats at Monterrey

RTKar
03-23-03, 03:57 PM
Apparently people didn't want to drive 30-40 miles out to Fundidora park. There must have been too many porto's and pic-nic tables.

Shadow
03-23-03, 07:46 PM
There were a lot of empty seats but there were also a LOT of people there. To see empty seats and a few people, watch the IRL race. I did something I said I wouldn't - watch any of an IRL race. When I turned to ABC at race time, basketball was still on. Later, I turned to ABC during a TSN commercial to check the crowd, and it was pathetic.

TG had better forget about his price and sit down with Pook, Forsythe and Bernie and work out a deal that wil benefit everyone.

By the way, notice that Brazilians were 1-2-3 in the IRL today. Anyone remember the comments of Leo and Tony (and others when the IRL was started such as Long).

So now the IRL has lots of great American engines, great American chassis and American drivers - and no fans.

Pride is a funny thing. When they finally realize you can't eat it, they might just wake up.

I was in NZ and AU for 67 days and had no contact with all this crap. I couldn't believe what I saw when I looked at the IRL web site on my return. If you took out the Cart traitors from the IRL lineup there wasn't anything left. We warned the lemmings that if they get Cart teams crosssing over they would lose their dedicated IRL owners who sacrificed their personal wealth (and TGs) to run in the IRL (on a shoestring, of course). Clearly, this has been the outcome.

JoeBob
03-23-03, 08:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/rpm/cart/2003/0323/1528380.html

Race officials announced an attendance of 92,713 for the race and 215,771 for the three days of the event.

mnkywrch
03-23-03, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Shadow

I was in NZ and AU for 67 days and had no contact with all this crap. I couldn't believe what I saw when I looked at the IRL web site on my return. If you took out the Cart traitors from the IRL lineup there wasn't anything left. We warned the lemmings that if they get Cart teams crosssing over they would lose their dedicated IRL owners who sacrificed their personal wealth (and TGs) to run in the IRL (on a shoestring, of course). Clearly, this has been the outcome.

All Tony ever wanted was control. The teams don't matter, the drivers don't matter - nothing matters. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that.

Why should he compromise? All he wants is a few natural terrain road courses - and CART's decided their future in America is a bunch of street circuits.

They're giving TG what he wants while they chase Bernie Eccelstone - who, ironically, won't care two cents about CART's established venues, drivers, teams, or fans.

Bernie would drop Milwaukee or Mid-Ohio in a heartbeat with a smile on his face for a race in Czechslovakia or France. Anything for a buck...

Ziggy
03-23-03, 08:48 PM
Ahhh Racing, My favorite sport

Ziggy

Shadow
03-23-03, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
Ahhh Racing, My favorite sport

Ziggy

You mean after teaching yodelling I assume? :D

Railbird
03-23-03, 09:45 PM
Exciting event with skill demanded at every point on the course.

Looked to me to be a great crowd enjoying a competitive race on a challenging course

Congrats to PT and the whole Player's squad.

RTKar
03-23-03, 09:51 PM
After the tremendous crowd in Mexico city last year and the number of Mexican drivers and sponsors involved this year, I expected a sell out especially on what looked like a bluebird day. It was still a good crowd nonetheless.

Ziggy
03-23-03, 10:36 PM
Most of those in attendance in '01,'02 are now living in America! They cant go back for fear of having to stay!

Balls
Ziggy

GOFAST1
03-24-03, 03:37 PM
3-day = 215,771
Race day = 92,713