PDA

View Full Version : Silly rabbit!

G.
12-19-05, 05:57 PM
Any hint on what works to keep the starving bunnies from eating all of my landscaping? Mrs. G. doesn't want me to employ the pelletgun method, but even she is beginning to waver on that solution.

I put buttugly chicken wire around a lot of the stuff, which works, but the damn critters are getting the stuff in the front yard and around the patio.

I'm going to try buying fox urine and see if that helps. (It's powdered, and PETA hates it, so that's a bonus)

They get really hungry in the winter and eat stuff they normally leave alone in the warmer months. Hell, they are even eating the barberry bushes (with thorns).

Little bastage ate my transplanted pin oak tree that I had growing in a flower pot for 2 years. Oaks grow slow, thing was about 9" high after two years.

dando
12-19-05, 06:00 PM
Any hint on what works to keep the starving bunnies from eating all of my landscaping? Mrs. G. doesn't want me to employ the pelletgun method, but even she is beginning to waver on that solution.

I put buttugly chicken wire around a lot of the stuff, which works, but the damn critters are getting the stuff in the front yard and around the patio.

I'm going to try buying fox urine and see if that helps. (It's powdered, and PETA hates it, so that's a bonus)

They get really hungry in the winter and eat stuff they normally leave alone in the warmer months. Hell, they are even eating the barberry bushes (with thorns).

Little bastage ate my transplanted pin oak tree that I had growing in a flower pot for 2 years. Oaks grow slow, thing was about 9" high after two years.

And here I thought this thread was about Rabbit. :gomer:

The gardening guru on HG TV has advised using a pepper mixture to keep the critters away. Buy some bulk cayenne and put some (a few tablespoons) in a sprayer, and have @ it. I've had some success with it, but YMMV. Good luck!

-Kevin

rabbit
12-19-05, 06:03 PM
Little bastage ate my transplanted pin oak tree that I had growing in a flower pot for 2 years.And it was delicious! (Pin oak tastes a lot like chicken.)

Methanolandbrats
12-19-05, 06:13 PM
http://www.texasselectseasonings.com/images/jdusted_rabbit_01.gif The best solution.

rabbit
12-19-05, 06:16 PM
***IMAGE DELETED***GRAPHIC CONTENT***
:eek: :eek: :eek: :cry:

Ankf00
12-19-05, 06:30 PM
used pellet guns to get rid of the neighbors stray cat population, beats chicken wire over everything...

it was very wrong, but felt so right :D

TKGAngel
12-19-05, 07:48 PM
Apparently M&B's post is a fair warning to little bunny foo-foo to stop bopping the field mice upside the head.

IlliniRacer
12-19-05, 08:02 PM
Hasenfeffer

Mr. Vengeance
12-19-05, 08:30 PM
You need the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/7723/holygrail1907kq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rob
12-19-05, 09:11 PM
Pave it.

emjaya
12-20-05, 03:04 AM
Mmmmm,rabbit stew.I'd go with the gun thing,but then I like eating rabbit :D

You could buy a dog or get one to leave it's scent everywhere,that might scare them off.We have a problem with the neighbourhood cats hanging around our house,but after the MIL brings her dog around for a couple of hours,the cats don't seem to visit as much.Dog urine would be no different to fox imho :)