PDA

View Full Version : Another IRL team meets the auctioneers gavel.

cart7
12-19-05, 01:31 PM
First, Barnes claims Panther was selling a car to carry salaries over the winter. A sponsor signing was just around the corner.

Then Pat Patrick was interested in the team.

Now this

Link to Panther Auction (http://www.keyliquidators.com/auction_detail.php?ID=82502)

Now Doug Boles claims this is only part of their stuff, the team has every intention of carrying on. :rolleyes:

Poster at TF claims Panther still owes money on equipment for this past season.

Look at the shop pictures and then compare that to the list of equipment, it's everything.

Tony brings his hammer to work and the auctioneers bring their gavels. Either way, the gavels are beating the hammer. :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
12-19-05, 01:38 PM
Hey everyone, look over there, IT'S AN IVORY BILLED WOODPECKER!!! :rofl:

NismoZ
12-19-05, 01:44 PM
Didn't Patrick just turn down the offer? I think Pat only wanted enough for one race. I wonder which one?

Skater_36
12-19-05, 01:51 PM
I guess that's a spare paint booth and oven being sold. Selling the trophies too? To me that looks like someone who is walking away completely.

If there is a Panther team in the IRL next year chances are it will have little if any remnants of the 2005 team.

Winston Wolfe
12-19-05, 03:05 PM
I guess that's a spare paint booth and oven being sold. Selling the trophies too? To me that looks like someone who is walking away completely.

If there is a Panther team in the IRL next year chances are it will have little if any remnants of the 2005 team.

Looks like they are literally selling EVERYTHING... including the "kitchen sink".

The name of the auction house includes the word "liquidators"... nuff said.

Any team that comes back as a shadow of the 'panther" team will have to call themselves "bobcat", or "ocelot", or any other smaller breed of the feline family.... :shakehead

"Tony brings his hammer.... the auctioneer brings his gavel"..... LOL !!!!

spinner26
12-19-05, 03:55 PM
Patrick prolly figured anything worth paying for would be cheaper through auction than paying the bills for 'em.

Rogue Leader
12-19-05, 07:22 PM
sad... just plain sad...

I hate the IRL, but I hate to see race engineers et.al. lose their job a lot more.... :shakehead

cameraman
12-19-05, 09:35 PM
Someone on another board (not TF) said that Panther owns nine Dallaras and much of what is being sold came from the Menards shop they had bought a while ago. If so they might still run a car.

pchall
12-19-05, 09:42 PM
Someone on another board (not TF) said that Panther owns nine Dallaras and much of what is being sold came from the Menards shop they had bought a while ago. If so they might still run a car.

Right. :rolleyes: And they will prep that car at somebody's gas station and tow it to the track behind a rusty pickup truck. Link us to that "other" board so we can go admire their koolaid high. If Panther has 9 cars, five of them are sure to be relics that can't be run under the current regs and its the useable rollers that are being offered.

The contents list of that auction shows them selling everything at the shop including the coffemaker.

cart7
12-19-05, 11:07 PM

Apparently only four of those are possibly legal to run. In one of those auction site shots of the their showcars I swear it looks like Rahals 1990 Lola Kraco car in the background.

theunions
12-19-05, 11:26 PM
In one of those auction site shots of the their showcars I swear it looks like Rahals 1990 Lola Kraco car in the background.

It's Mikey's March 86C. The "Lean Machine" slogan appeared only for that one year.

cart7
12-19-05, 11:32 PM
It's Mikey's March 86C. The "Lean Machine" slogan appeared only for that one year.

Thanks, I knew it was one of the Kraco cars. Wonder if there's any connection to Barnes or Boles?

Jervis Tetch 1
12-20-05, 05:15 PM
Thanks, I knew it was one of the Kraco cars. Wonder if there's any connection to Barnes or Boles?Certainly not Boles. He has no racing history other than Panther. I believe he was working for the mayor of Indianapolis.

Barnes? Doubtful. I think he was with the Machinists Union team. Barnes to my knowledge never won anything until he went to the I*L. And when Sam wasn't winning, they whined and whined until they got that "new" motor which allegedly evened the playing field.

Cheaters.

ChampcarShark
12-28-05, 07:15 PM
MISCELLANEOUS

42" Sony Flat Screen TV with Tru Surround Sound; Sony DVD/CD Player; Go-Video DVD Recorder; (40) Tennsco 2-Door Storage Cabinet, some with Tool Bins; (2) 5' Flammable Materials Cabinets; Metal Shelving; Snap-Together Flooring; Floor Mats; Material Racks & Carts; Lockers; Display Shelving; Water Cooler; Roper Refrigerator; Emerson Microwave; Haier Chest Freezer; Krups Dual-Carafe Coffee Maker; ZoJirushi Water Purifier; (3) Breakroom Tables; (9) Breakroom Chairs; (2) Shop Vacs; Floor Fans

Yes, they are selling the coffee maker too.

Andrew Longman
12-29-05, 03:18 PM
There is a second Panther auction. http://www.keyliquidators.com/auction_detail.php?ID=83141

Must be selling off all the collectables since they won't apply to their new sponsor. :rolleyes: