PDA

View Full Version : Sean O' Gorman

vancouver
12-19-05, 07:40 AM
I don't know if it's just me but everyone seems to take the p**s out of ''SeanO''.

I haven't been here long but it seems everyone enjoys taking the p**s and his posts and taking little digs at him. :confused:

What's wrong with him?

This could be my British-ness coming through - (sensitivity)

Although, I am still learning about CCWS - maybe there is irony in his posts that I don't understand yet.

And they say Americans dont understand irony! :laugh:

I don't know gang. Discuss.

By the way, I love this site. I have learned so much about American Culture although I do have a problem with the language sometimes.
I dont always get the dialects and colloquial phrases.

racer2c
12-19-05, 09:46 AM
Personally, I think it's just friendly 'ribbing'. Sean, for many years, was the youngest poster with the exuberance that comes with youth. People just like to tease him but he's pretty thick skinned and gives it right back. It wouldn't be OC without him.

:)

WickerBill
12-19-05, 10:08 AM
I dont always get the dialects and colloquial phrases.

You mean like "taking the p**s"? ;)

Sean is one of those people who invites the incessant teasing he receives. For instance, many moons ago, I left another CCWS forum and started this one, and there was serious strife. Sean, ever wanting to keep his friends on both sides, cleverly joined this forum as "SOG" to keep his cover.

You can't help but tease in situations like that. Err, can you?

rabbit
12-19-05, 10:18 AM
Personally, I think it's just friendly 'ribbing'. Sean, for many years, was the youngest poster with the exuberance that comes with youth. People just like to tease him but he's pretty thick skinned and gives it right back. It wouldn't be OC without him.

:)
Yup, every good forum needs a resident wussy.

vancouver
12-19-05, 10:30 AM
Thanks for clearing that one up.

I wonder what the man himself have to say about this.

No doubt come back with a witty comment. :p

JoeBob
12-19-05, 11:27 AM
As others said: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3343

extramundane
12-19-05, 12:21 PM
What's wrong with him?

Aside from the Grand Am fetish?

:D

RHR_Fan
12-19-05, 02:46 PM
Learning American culture from OC? I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. ;)

~Nicole

nrc
12-19-05, 03:10 PM
I don't know. He seems to thrive on it. Now and then we get annoyed by it and close threads that mention him.