PDA

View Full Version : Alonso to McLaren

chop456
12-19-05, 07:34 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/4541884.stm

Cam
12-19-05, 07:46 AM
WTF? I can hear Flavio stomping and cursing now! Any bets that Fisi might have a good showing next season? :D

cart7
12-19-05, 10:15 AM
What, Dan Wheldon wasn't offered the open Renault seat? :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
12-19-05, 10:46 AM
So who's out at McClaren? Monty? Kimi?

Methanolandbrats
12-19-05, 11:05 AM
Monty because he sucks. Kimi vs Fred will be fantastic.

NismoZ
12-19-05, 11:48 AM
Lewis Hamilton for '07. I think he must have something to be in the midst of a TEN year contract! World Champ in waiting. SPEED thinks Kimi to Ferrari after '06.

NismoZ
12-19-05, 12:03 PM
Was just watching the end of a Motorsport Mondial replay on SPEED..."Renault gives Fernando Alonso the ultimate Christmas gift!" The new car. Guess he had a little present waiting for them, too! :D

cameraman
12-19-05, 12:55 PM
WTF? I can hear Flavio stomping and cursing now! Any bets that Fisi might have a good showing next season? :D

I thought Flavio was Alonso's manager. I can't see how he would be too upset if he negiotiated the contract with McLaren and is getting his cut....

RusH
12-19-05, 01:23 PM
Monty because he sucks. Kimi vs Fred will be fantastic.

Most believe Kimi will be in a Ferrari in 2007, with Shuey or Rossi. So it will most likely be JPM and Alonso at McLaren.

RichK
12-19-05, 01:23 PM
Adrian Newey is gone after 2006....this may turn out to be a bad decision when the dust settles.

cameraman
12-19-05, 01:25 PM
Unless this rumor is true.

"The signing of Alonso is not a big surprise given that there are rumours that Renault will be pulling out of F1 at the end of 2007. These have not been denied."

Cam
12-19-05, 01:48 PM
Adrian Newey is gone after 2006....this may turn out to be a bad decision when the dust settles.

Newey Is gone at the end of February.

Easy
12-19-05, 01:49 PM
I thought Flavio was Alonso's manager. I can't see how he would be too upset if he negiotiated the contract with McLaren and is getting his cut....

He is and he did at least approve if not directly negotiate the contract.

oddlycalm
12-19-05, 02:57 PM
This is F1 deck shuffling at it finest. :D The Kimi & Rossi to Ferrari rumors have been very persistant and this does nothing to kill them. Both drivers at McLaren are up for renewal after 2006, and how McLaren will do without Newey will be of interest to all.

Renault's new CEO is not a race fan, so his eye will be on the bottom line. No doubt he appreciates the commercial implications of winning the championships, which they did, but if the operation begins to cost a lot of money, they are likely gone. Renault is rumored to be one of the few nearly break even teams. I assume that not having enough money in the budget, or plans for a Renault withdrawl, is why Flav had to shop him to McLaren.

oc

Cam
12-19-05, 04:11 PM

Yeah I didn't think of that. I should not post that early in the morning, specially when I have been ordered off caffeine by my doc! :gomer:

NismoZ
12-20-05, 10:36 AM
Flavio says he was not involved at any level in Alonso's new 3 year deal with McLaren. Says it was all Fernando. (Maybe he should ask for a rebate on Flavio's retainer?)

Easy
12-20-05, 11:15 AM
Looks like Freddy will get the lesser Renault next year. Unless of course Flav is still going to get a cut of his McLaren pay.

indyfan31
12-20-05, 11:39 AM
... specially when I have been ordered off caffeine by my doc! :gomer:
That's just wrong in so many ways!!!