PDA

View Full Version : PT To NASCAR Full Time?

trish
12-17-05, 10:00 AM
PT will not race the new Champ Car if he can get a full time Cup ride in 2007. He wants to run a limited Busch schedule in 2006. This is from AR1 and I haven't seen this report anywhere else, so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

trish
12-17-05, 10:10 AM
Found it at my other hangout. http://www.racingone.com/article.asp?artnum=25785

pchall
12-17-05, 10:44 AM
Given the influx of young drivers in Cup, PT might find himself overripe and of little or no interest to top level teams. Goodbye sinecure drive in NASCAR. Those days are over.

spinner26
12-17-05, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the link trish, I see no where in the article that states he's looking to go full time to any other series.

I test drove a Vette and a F-350 last week, I plan buying neither, just wanted to drive one.

trish
12-17-05, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the link trish, I see no where in the article that states he's looking to go full time to any other series.

I test drove a Vette and a F-350 last week, I plan buying neither, just wanted to drive one.

It says full time at AR1.

Here's another that gives his speed. http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/Speed/BuschSeries/03SpeedBUSCH121705.htm

pchall
12-17-05, 10:59 AM

That's just Sillyphoney with the usual overblown "reporting" from his internet searches...

trish
12-17-05, 11:03 AM
That's why there's a question mark in the thread title. :)

spinner26
12-17-05, 11:04 AM

Copy the grain of salt. ;)

trish
12-17-05, 11:15 AM
Not only does it say full time, but he says Tracy has announced his full time move to NASCAR. Meanwhile, it doesn't appear that Paul has announced anything and I think he's using another old photo like the Ganasti thing.

fourrunner
12-17-05, 11:18 AM
I kind of read the article as saying that he is "pursuing" a Full Time Ride in NASCAR for 2007... I didn't read that he had signed anything ..

I think AR1's Headline gives a "done deal" feel to it

I think PT drives 10 years younger than his age, but NASCAR has a "pack" mentality and they could exclude him from that ... They may "Praise Jesus" after each Race, But "What would Jesus Do?" is not even on the radar during the Race ! NASCAR Drivers are "Silly" that way ;)

trish
12-17-05, 11:27 AM
I think Paul will do fine in NASCAR if he just takes it easy in the beginning. And making friends won't hurt. :)

TKGAngel
12-17-05, 11:51 AM
IIRC, PT had a meeting with Brian France the weekend of the Homestead event, to discuss NASCAR ops.

I think PT drives 10 years younger than his age, but NASCAR has a "pack" mentality and they could exclude him from that ... They may "Praise Jesus" after each Race, But "What would Jesus Do?" is not even on the radar during the Race ! NASCAR Drivers are "Silly" that way

God may be a NASCAR driver's co-pilot, but He looks the other way regarding 'rubbin is racin.'

FTG
12-17-05, 11:53 AM
While he’s returning to Champ Car in 2006, he hopes to be running full-time in NASCAR by 2007.

“My game plan was to make the transition in ’06 but it really didn’t come together,” Tracy said. “I’ve made another year commitment to Forsythe Racing. (Jerry Forsythe has) been gracious enough to say go do whatever you want to do and try whatever you want to try. My timetable is to be in NASCAR in ’07.

skaven
12-17-05, 12:58 PM
By 2007, Champ Car should be in pretty good shape if the car count is where senior managements projects it to be.

At that point, I'd be thankful for PT sticking with us through the lean years. :thumbup:

Accipiter
12-17-05, 01:21 PM
Personally, I believe Paul will drive Champ Cars until teams in the series lose interest in him, because there is no way anyone in NASCAR is going to pay him the kind of salery he demands from Forsythe to learn to race those cars. And no matter how talened he may be, there will be a steep learning curve.

TedN
12-17-05, 01:49 PM
It's on Jayski as well.

Link (http://www.jayski.com/teams/drivers.htm)

Ted

NismoZ
12-17-05, 04:05 PM
The Jorge Goetters of Canada? There's a Florida design to it.

fourrunner
12-17-05, 05:29 PM
PT is saying EXACTLY what he should say if he plans on going to NASCAR in 2007

However because of this very fact, he will do Well in Champ Car in 2006 to prove his worth

If NASCAR doesn't pan out again ... Then he's still worth his weight in Gold in Champ Car ... And with a New Formula to cut his teeth on !