PDA

View Full Version : NFL - Week 15

Stu
12-17-05, 08:24 AM
My favorite weeks of the year. Games all weekend! No more of that amatuer crap.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/icemanstuewe/nflweek15.jpg

EDwardo
12-17-05, 09:21 PM
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... .......

dando
12-17-05, 09:24 PM
The Millen Man/Angry Fan March. :laugh: :thumbup:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-18-05, 09:51 AM
Even though the Bills stunk up the joint last night, they did provide some entertainment at my work Christmas party, as most of the men would disappear for 5-10 minute stretches to go to the bar and watch the game.

Andrew Longman
12-18-05, 11:07 AM
TIKI!!!

He just keeps getting better

extramundane
12-18-05, 11:40 AM
TIKI!!!

Name-drop time: I went to school with him & Ronde and played little league f'ball against (and with) them. Tiki was f'n good as a 9-10 year old- way too fast for my wannabe-linebacker self to catch.

They're great guys too. I loved seeing Ronde get his ring a couple years ago; hopefully Tiki will get one someday.

EDwardo
12-18-05, 11:56 AM
TIKI!!!

The Chiefs tackling dummies made it easy for him.

dando
12-18-05, 03:12 PM
Ain't that the truth. I've seen better tackling in HS games. :saywhat: It ain't like Tiki is Barry Sanders, aye?

-Kevin

devilmaster
12-18-05, 04:01 PM
The Millen Man/Angry Fan March. :laugh: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Methinks Vegas should be running a line on whether or not this game will be completed. And they should start the line at even money that it won't be.

Don't be surprised folks if something bad comes out during this game.... the 2 week lead in to this hasn't been pretty round here.

dando
12-18-05, 04:16 PM
Methinks Vegas should be running a line on whether or not this game will be completed. And they should start the line at even money that it won't be.

Don't be surprised folks if something bad comes out during this game.... the 2 week lead in to this hasn't been pretty round here.
Ain't no way in heck you'd catch me up there. I briefly contemplated getting tix for the game last week, but as soon as I caught wind of the media frenzy over this, I said no f'ing way. Sounds to me like there's some pretty irresponsible folks in the media up there. :shakehead

-Kevin

devilmaster
12-18-05, 05:08 PM
R-dub fumbles the kickoff! BWAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl:

dando
12-18-05, 05:11 PM
13-1. ;)

Stick a fork in the streak, folks. Nice try, Indy. After last week debacle against the Fish, I thought Indy had this one in the bag. Go figger.

-Kevin

dando
12-18-05, 05:41 PM
R-dub fumbles the kickoff! BWAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl:
The Bengals should pull their starters now. Otherwise, this thing could be 60something to zip. :)

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-18-05, 05:42 PM
It's a lot more than a loss. The Bolts exposed the Colts inability to handle a front-four pass rush. And don't look now Colts fans (including me), but there's no way today's Colts can beat New England.

Dangit.

devilmaster
12-18-05, 05:46 PM
The Bengals should pull their starters now. Otherwise, this thing could be 60something to zip. :)

-Kevin

F***. Leave them in. I want 70 to nothing.

dando
12-18-05, 05:55 PM
It's a lot more than a loss. The Bolts exposed the Colts inability to handle a front-four pass rush. And don't look now Colts fans (including me), but there's no way today's Colts can beat New England.

Dangit.
Bengals exposed that, WB. However, their secondary couldn't make the big plays when it counted on 3rd and long.

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-18-05, 06:00 PM
I don't think the Bengals beat the crap out of Manning the way SD did today. Wouldn't be surprised to see the ol crybaby on Jacked Up tomorrow.

WickerBill
12-18-05, 06:13 PM

-Kevin

What I'd *really* appreciate is for them to pull Palmer and leave Chad in for the whole game. Really. No real reason, I'd just appreciate that. Ahem.

dando
12-18-05, 06:18 PM
I don't think the Bengals beat the crap out of Manning the way SD did today. Wouldn't be surprised to see the ol crybaby on Jacked Up tomorrow.
Unfortunately all we saw @ 1 today here in Cbus was the 9ers/Jags. :( Tuff to get a decent perspective watching a game through Gamecast. :(

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-18-05, 06:34 PM
I think they said he got sacked 4 times, hurried 14 times, hit 10 times? Something like that. A couple times he was flattened by someone coming unblocked. Ugly stuff.

Sooo... why does an NFL owner go around telling everyone for a week that he's going to draft Reggie Bush? Evidentally, to motivate his team to actually win a game. Go Texans. :)

EDwardo
12-18-05, 07:13 PM
Drew is at Little Big Horn......

Stu
12-18-05, 08:26 PM
First win of the Charlie Frye era.

WickerBill
12-18-05, 08:30 PM
Okay, I'm really down. I made my fantasy playoffs this year, which started this weekend. Four guys, semis this weekend, final next. The other game is 87-79.... mine just ended and I lost, 120-116.

Unlike some leagues, scoring over 100 in my league is an amazing accomplishment. I can't believe my luck.

Bah.

dando
12-18-05, 09:17 PM
First win of the Charlie Frye era.
Tallest dwarf, Stu. :gomer:

And a big Who Dey! 15 years since making is a long time....unless yer a Cleveland <insert team name here> fan talking about a championship. :D :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
12-18-05, 09:43 PM
Tallest dwarf, Stu. :gomer:

And a big Who Dey! 15 years since making is a long time....unless yer a Cleveland <insert team name here> fan talking about a championship. :D :gomer:

-Kevin

Last time we made the playoffs was 2002. Bengals were in 1990. Get over yourself.

dando
12-18-05, 10:12 PM
Last time we made the playoffs was 2002. Bengals were in 1990. Get over yourself.
Read it again Stu, I wrote CHAMPIONSHIP when comparing the relative length of the two droughts. Just putting into context the 15-year drought vs. the 40+ year championship Cleveland fans have suffered...and having a lil' fun in the process. :D Look on the bright side, w/5 wins, the Brownies likely won't need to worry about yet another top-10 draft pick getting injured or turning out to be a waste of human flesh. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

skaven
12-18-05, 10:44 PM
Okay, I'm really down. I made my fantasy playoffs this year, which started this weekend. Four guys, semis this weekend, final next. The other game is 87-79.... mine just ended and I lost, 120-116.

Ugh... I can relate - LJ ripped me and LT let me down in my keeper league (the league that counts). In the draft league, I need Gado (again) to come through on Monday night. I fear that well is about to run dry though. :(

Lizzerd
12-19-05, 01:08 AM
Big Colts fan here, but you knew that... I'm kinda bummed we lost today, but, thankfully not because they didn't try to win. I think there might have been a bit of an emotional let down in the first half since everything was wrapped up for the regular season. Football is an emotional game. I just don't think the Colts were ready to really go for the win at the beginning.

Straying off topic a bit... My High School baseball team was 16-0 until we got beat in the first game of a double header. We thought the sky had fallen. I remember our first baseman, "Hilly" saying "16-1 ain't bad, guys." The sad ending to this story is that the only two other games we lost all season were the conference tournament final game and the first game of the sectional tournament. We went 25-3 and didn't win a damn thing.

dando
12-19-05, 01:32 AM
Big Colts fan here, but you knew that... I'm kinda bummed we lost today, but, thankfully not because they didn't try to win. I think there might have been a bit of an emotional let down in the first half since everything was wrapped up for the regular season. Football is an emotional game. I just don't think the Colts were ready to really go for the win at the beginning.
That's why they play the game, eh?

Remember '85 Bears....This loss may have answered the question of if/or when to rest the starters. I doubt the Bengals will have that luxury. I'm rooting for SD next week and then against Denver for a bye week.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-19-05, 02:03 AM

all that matters is championships, everything else is a worthless moral victory

:gomer:

Andrew Longman
12-19-05, 07:50 AM

1577 rushing yards so far this season. Broke the franchise record he set last year. Strongest player on the team. No kidding. And nine seasons in the league he should be showing signs of age.

Agreed the Chiefs need to learn how to wrap up, but trying to knockover this 5'10" 200# running back is a lot tougher than it looks. Watch him every week and you'll see it wasn't a fluke.

My gripe with him is that while he is very quick through the hole and change direction on a dime and give you 7 cents change, once he breaks into the open he seems to ALWAYS gets caught from behind.

Stu
12-19-05, 08:34 AM
:gomer:

ANK. I still stand by what I said. The Bengals had a worthless moral victory yesterday if they don't win it all.

Stu
12-19-05, 08:38 AM
Read it again Stu, I wrote CHAMPIONSHIP when comparing the relative length of the two droughts. Just putting into context the 15-year drought vs. the 40+ year championship Cleveland fans have suffered...and having a lil' fun in the process. :D Look on the bright side, w/5 wins, the Brownies likely won't need to worry about yet another top-10 draft pick getting injured or turning out to be a waste of human flesh. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

Since when does a 15 year drought from making the playoffs for the bengals = a 40 year year drought from winning a championship for the browns??? If you want to compare overall titles for the teams lets go. :rolleyes:

Since the last time the bungles made the playoffs, we've been in it twice AND we had 3 less seasons to do it in. So do something in the playoffs before you get all worked up.

RaceGrrl
12-19-05, 09:26 AM
How many times have the Browns been to the Superbowl?

Hmmmm... a big fat zero.

WickerBill
12-19-05, 10:09 AM
Oh settle down all of you Ohio zealots. Can't we all just agree the best team in the NFL who wears orange is the Denver Broncos?

:)

Stu
12-19-05, 10:18 AM
How many times have the Browns been to the Superbowl?

Hmmmm... a big fat zero.

and how many times have the browns been to the nfl championship game?

how many times have they won it?

ask yourself the same about the bengals now.

Ankf00
12-19-05, 10:18 AM
Oh settle down all of you Ohio zealots. Can't we all just agree the best team in the NFL who wears orange is the Denver Broncos?

I can agree to this, orange is the color of top-quality football :)

nrc
12-19-05, 10:30 AM
and how many times have the browns been to the nfl championship game?

how many times have they won it?

ask yourself the same about the bengals now.

The Browns don't have a 40 year history. They're a six year old expansion team that adopted the name of an old NFL team. They have no division, conference or NFL titles.

nrc
12-19-05, 10:36 AM

I'm hoping that we'll get to settle that on the field. :)

Insomniac
12-19-05, 10:48 AM
The Browns don't have a 40 year history. They're a six year old expansion team that adopted the name of an old NFL team. They have no division, conference or NFL titles.

As part of the agreement, they got to keep all of their records. Baltimore doesn't have any of it.

RaceGrrl
12-19-05, 11:42 AM
As part of the agreement, they got to keep all of their records. Baltimore doesn't have any of it.

True. Funny that it took moving the team from Cleveland to Baltimore to make them winners. :D

Stu
12-19-05, 01:26 PM
True. Funny that it took moving the team from Cleveland to Baltimore to make them winners. :D

So where are the Bengals moving to so they can win their first Superbowl?

RaceGrrl
12-19-05, 01:42 PM
They already moved one block over. Maybe that will help.

WickerBill
12-19-05, 03:36 PM
That's really gonna tick off Tom Benson if he finds out he only has to move his team a block to win.

dando
12-19-05, 05:33 PM

WB, remember what happened to Denver in Cincy last season? :D Bring 'em on. :) I still say Denver is overrated, but we'll see in January. Vegas odd are 7-1 for both Cincy and the Nags to make the SB.

-Kevin

dando
12-19-05, 05:35 PM
So where are the Bengals moving to so they can win their first Superbowl?
Bengals already have a new stadium. The local officials in Cincy weren't dumb enuff to allow/force the team to move b4 they pissed and moaned about losing their NFL team. And Riverfront was in a helluva lot better shape than Municipal when they tore it down for the stadiums.

-Kevin

Stu
12-19-05, 08:31 PM
Bengals already have a new stadium. The local officials in Cincy weren't dumb enuff to allow/force the team to move b4 they pissed and moaned about losing their NFL team. And Riverfront was in a helluva lot better shape than Municipal when they tore it down for the stadiums.

-Kevin

Sorry if the city of Cleveland didnt have enough money to be able to build 2 new stadiums and an arena within a 3 year span. :rolleyes:

I blame Mike White as much as Art Modell, but hey, I didn't vote for the guy.

dando
12-19-05, 09:26 PM
Sorry if the city of Cleveland didnt have enough money to be able to build 2 new stadiums and an arena within a 3 year span. :rolleyes:

Actually, the stadiums are being funded by the folks visiting Cleveland through a bed tax, and the sin taxes levied on smokes and booze. A Hamilton County tax levy funded the Bengals and Reds stadiums.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-19-05, 09:30 PM

yea, the Cavaliers, now there's a powerhouse & nationally recognized commodity that needed some new digs ;)

dando
12-19-05, 09:32 PM
yea, the Cavaliers, now there's a powerhouse & nationally recognized commodity that needed some new digs ;)
In terms of economic impact, NFL > MLB > NBA > NHL. The powers that be in Cleveburg got it backwards. :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
12-19-05, 09:55 PM
In terms of economic impact, NFL > MLB > NBA > NHL. The powers that be in Cleveburg got it backwards. :gomer:

-Kevin

yea you're right they should have left the cavaliers a half hour out of cleveland. thats great for an economic impact on the city.

Sean O'Gorman
12-19-05, 10:12 PM

When Gund Arena, err...Quicken Loans Arena (sorry can't risk pissing off my potential future employer), was commissioned they were a pretty good team.

Lizzerd
12-19-05, 11:09 PM
Actually, the stadiums are being funded by the folks visiting Cleveland through a bed tax, and the sin taxes levied on smokes and booze.

:rofl: Indianapolis did nearly the same thing before the Hoosier (RCA) Dome was built, which was also pre-Colts, like in '81 or '82. One percent tax on hotels, bars and restaurants. It was supposed to go away when the dome was paid for, but guess what! There is still a one percent tax on hotels, bars and restaurants! Now, we are getting a new stadium and guess what! Another new, ADDITIONAL tax on hotels, bars and restaurants!

You gotta love those sleazy politicians, from BOTH parties (to keep this non-political).

Stu
12-19-05, 11:15 PM
Actually, the stadiums are being funded by the folks visiting Cleveland through a bed tax, and the sin taxes levied on smokes and booze. A Hamilton County tax levy funded the Bengals and Reds stadiums.

-Kevin

Wouldn't those sin taxes be paid for by people of the city?

Ronbo
12-20-05, 12:59 AM
I have only one word......

SEAHAWKS!!!!! :) :laugh: :) :laugh:

dando
12-20-05, 01:13 AM
Wouldn't those sin taxes be paid for by people of the city?
Some, but I know I've paid some of dem taxes, too. ;)

d00d, peace out...suffice it to say that Mr. White, and the....uh, real powers that be, didn't take Art seriously and paid a price for it. The lesson learned resulted in other moves (see Oilers, Houston) and other stadia being built.

-Kevin

Lizzerd
12-20-05, 03:28 AM
I have only one word......

SEAHAWKS!!!!! :) :laugh: :) :laugh:

...who will beat Indy by 2 TD's on Saturday.

We'll see you in Detroit.

skaven
12-20-05, 03:40 AM
I can agree to this, orange is the color of top-quality football :)

You've almost got it... you just need to add some blue with the orange. :)

WB, remember what happened to Denver in Cincy last season? Bring 'em on. I still say Denver is overrated, but we'll see in January.

I have previously posted my activities from that night. Not a fun night. :flame:

A rematch in Denver is in order. :thumbup:

Stu
12-20-05, 10:04 AM
Some, but I know I've paid some of dem taxes, too. ;)

d00d, peace out...suffice it to say that Mr. White, and the....uh, real powers that be, didn't take Art seriously and paid a price for it. The lesson learned resulted in other moves (see Oilers, Houston) and other stadia being built.

-Kevin

well we're even cuz I've paid money to the Bengals to go down twice and see the Browns whoop them.

As I said before, I hate Mike White. He was a horrible mayor. People loved him because the people of Cleveland were and still are stupid. All the intelligent people are smart enough to move out of the city.

As a side note. I just watched the 1995 MNF game Browns @ Steelers. It was announced just prior to this game that the team was moving. They were interviewing a ton of Steelers fans who were pissed off just as much as we were. I still hate the Steelers, but I got a lot of respect for those hilljacks to the east.

Ankf00
12-20-05, 10:52 AM
You've almost got it... you just need to add some blue with the orange. :)

:confused:

blue + orange == 1-10 in big east, or looses to Ole Miss 2 over and over :gomer:

dando
12-20-05, 11:44 AM
I have previously posted my activities from that night. Not a fun night.

A rematch in Denver is in order. :thumbup:
If this comes to pass, I suggest drinking before the game this time around. :D BTW, did I mention that Deltha has 10 INTs this season?!? :p

Ugly uni bowl 2006. :saywhat:

-Kevin

skaven
12-21-05, 11:26 PM
We will croosh Ole Miss 2, whoever they might be... :flame: :D

And... dando, if there is a Bronco/ Bengal rematch, it won't have stupid fantasy football implications... so I don't have to worry about getting all depressed when Chad Johnson schools Champ.

I grew up a Bengals fan (about the first game I remember was Ken Anderson v. Montana), but I'll root for the Broncos as I've turned my back on my Indiana heritage. :gomer:

If Deltha were still a Bronco, they'd have two Pro Bowl CB's. I seem to recall he had a pretty good game when the pride of Florence, KY played Denver last year.