PDA

View Full Version : Carbender Took His Imodium

pchall
03-23-03, 11:59 AM
Patrick Carpentier is practicing in morning warm ups. And he is lapping rather quickly.

I wonder if there is a reason...

MAXAR RE
03-23-03, 02:05 PM
Remember, Gil came in 2nd in 2001 (drove in 2nd the whole race, as I recall) despite having Montezuma riding with him all weekend. Michael Jordan also had one of his best-ever performances in the Finals one year despite a super-bad case of the flu. My point is, I find it amazing how well some professional athletes can perform when by rights they should be bed-ridden. I hope Patrick does well today so we can add his name to the list of athletes who aren't hindered by illness. :)

lone_groover
03-23-03, 02:32 PM
So true Max. Remember Pete Sampras' epic comeback in the quarters of the US Open against Alex Corretja in '96...or Grete Weitz's late '80s NY Marathon win, when she had the runs? I think it was seventh or eighth of her nine wins. But to me, it will always be her NUMBER 2! HA HA :D

Hink
03-23-03, 09:51 PM
He did ok - even if the Banzai move cost him in the end he still finished. (Better seeing him than Max)

Ziggy
03-23-03, 10:18 PM
Hey, CART needs Max, remember?

"I tell ou what, I vill be dribing in a verdy high level series next season" Max Papis to Ziggy at Elkhart Lake, 2002

Your full of yourself Max, Did you lose Eddie Cheevers phone number?

Ziggy

WickerBill
03-24-03, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by lone_groover
But to me, it will always be her NUMBER 2! HA HA :D

I don't have any comment, I just wanted to see it again to make sure I read it right. :thumbup: