May 2003 Gil de Ferran wins the Indianapolis 500 in Toyota’s first attempt
2003 Scott Dixon wins IndyCar Series Driver’s championship with Toyota power
2003 10 wins, Toyota wins IRL Manufacturer’s championship
2004 2 wins
2005 3 wins
2006 :runs:

DagoFast
12-15-05, 01:12 PM
And with that short adieu, Toyota, the HIV virus of racing is off to Nascar to pave the way for the arrival of the AIDS of racing, Honda.

Good luck Nascar, yer gonna need it.

Wheel-Nut
12-15-05, 01:15 PM
Jim Aust, Toyota's vice president of motorsports, said winning the 2003 Indianapolis 500 with Gil de Ferran was Toyota's greatest motorsports accomplishment.

Is this until they win The Daytona 500?

dando
12-15-05, 01:47 PM
Poor ****ing :gomer:s. Piss on 'em one and all. You reap what you sow. :laugh:

-Kevin

Cam
12-15-05, 01:57 PM
Bwaaahhhahhahahahahah! This even made it onto Fark! Obvious tag to boot!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dando
12-15-05, 02:12 PM
Bwaaahhhahhahahahahah! This even made it onto Fark! Obvious tag to boot!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
w00t! The ensuing comment thingy shall go to infinity and beyond. :thumbup:

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
12-15-05, 02:20 PM
In fact, it has nothing to do with CART. We simply do not want the Indianapolis 500 to be controlled by an outside group that does not have as its most important goal the future of Indianapolis type oval track racing. Not to mention a group that is based out of state and is far removed from the significance of the "500" in this community.

- Anton Hulman George / Indianapolis Motor Speedway President, Oct 24, 1995

dando
12-15-05, 03:36 PM
^^^^ :rofl: What a ****ing moron! FTG! Now and always!

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-15-05, 03:56 PM
- Anton Hulman George / Indianapolis Motor Speedway President, Oct 24, 1995

That's an actual quote? He really said that? Doesn't want the 500 to be controlled by a group who is "out-of-state"? Detroit is too removed from Indianapolis? What is that, about a 4-5 hours drive? Even 10 years later I am shocked by the xenophobic narrowmindedness of those Gomers. :shakehead

Well how close does Tokyo seem by comparison?

Meanwhile, at least I am easily reminded that not every Hoosier is such. My Mom grew up up the road in SW MI. One of my closest work partners is a farm boy who did is graduate work at IU. He collects old Peugeots because he thinks they are cool and has worked with me around the world in some of the most unAmerican-like companies.

trauma1
12-15-05, 05:02 PM
What will the future bring? from crashnet

From these cheap seats, it’ll be a fight between Kalkhoven and the Family France for purchase of Indianapolis Motor Speedway - the future sole remaining ‘star’ asset of a racing family gone awry. :rofl:

trauma1
12-15-05, 05:13 PM
who's buying this BS

. I hate to harp on the equality point, but this year Andretti Green I believe, I realize they have the same engines as the rest of the Honda customers, but seems like they had a favored relationship with Honda through Nick Wirth. Is AGR going to continue with favored nation status or is there going to be a way to make a level playing field for everyone?

ROBERT CLARKE: It will be truly level. The chassis development program that we had through AGR has been terminated. Every team will get exactly the same product and support and service from Honda. We can guarantee that.

Rogue Leader
12-15-05, 06:46 PM
What will the future bring? from crashnet

From these cheap seats, it’ll be a fight between Kalkhoven and the Family France for purchase of Indianapolis Motor Speedway - the future sole remaining ‘star’ asset of a racing family gone awry. :rofl:

If that happens (IMS for sale) I could see the Frances giving it up to Kalkoven or Bruton Smith so they dont get any Federal Heat on them....

NismoZ
12-15-05, 07:00 PM
Penske 'd get it before KK.

G.
12-15-05, 07:36 PM
Hey KK! Now's the time for a huge, positive CC press release! Got any? I got extra socks.

sundaydriver2
12-15-05, 08:09 PM
In fact, it has nothing to do with CART. We simply do not want the Indianapolis 500 to be controlled by an outside group that does not have as its most important goal the future of Indianapolis type oval track racing. Not to mention a group that is based out of state and is far removed from the significance of the "500" in this community. - Anton Hulman George / Indianapolis Motor Speedway President, Oct 24, 1995

With Chevrolet and Toyota out, Honda was hesitant to commit to the series, citing a desire to run against competition rather than supply a spec engine to the whole field. But Honda's public stance in that regard has softened considerably in recent weeks, and Honda Performance Development president Robert Clarke said Saturday that his company is prepared -- if necessary -- to transform the IndyCar Series into "Formula Honda" in 2007.

:gomer:

RTKar
12-16-05, 03:02 AM
And with that short adieu, Toyota, the HIV virus of racing is off to Nascar to pave the way for the arrival of the AIDS of racing, Honda.

Good luck Nascar, yer gonna need it

Will the Japs make the France family surrender?

Sean O'Gorman
12-16-05, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I'm sure NASCAR is real worried. Unlike IRL and CART before it, the engine manufacturers need NASCAR more than NASCAR needs them. If things aren't going to work out, NASCAR can just send them on their way.

racer2c
12-16-05, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I'm sure NASCAR is real worried. Unlike IRL and CART before it, the engine manufacturers need NASCAR more than NASCAR needs them. If things aren't going to work out, NASCAR can just send them on their way.

Bernie thinks the same thing. ;)

DagoFast
12-16-05, 01:47 PM
Name a series they have entered that was not a smouldering mess when they left?

IMSA?
CART?
IRL?
F1? oh yea, wait for it, it's comming.

Toyota is sitting on a bigger cash reserve then the France family has ever made. Honda generates more cash flow in a month than toeknee does in a year. (maybe 10)

Is Nascar better managed than any of the previously mentioned series? Yes.
Is it immune to the effects of a yoda/honduh spending war. No way.

I'll stand by the statement.

CART T. Katz
12-16-05, 02:16 PM
@drew
yes, the head lemming actually did say that in his letter to the star.

amazing what drug abuse does to the logic and memory circuits, eh?

Rocketdoc
12-26-05, 09:21 PM
Got this forwarded to me:

Aug 1993 Toyota Begins feasibility study for entering CART competition
Jan 1994 Toyota announces it will enter CART competition in 1996
Feb 1996 Toyota makes first CART start at Homestead
Oct 1999 Scott Pruett wins Toyota’s first CART pole at California Speedway
Jun 2000 Juan Montoya wins Toyota’s first CART race at Milwaukee
Jul 2000 Juan Montoyoa wins Toyota’s first 500-mile race at Michigan
Apr 2001 Toyota announces it will enter Indy Racing League competition in 2003
2002 Christiano da Matta wins CART Driver’s championship with Toyota power
2002 Toyota wins CART Manufacturer’s championship
Mar 2003 Scott Dixon wins Toyota’s debut IndyCar Series race at Homestead
May 2003 Gil de Ferran wins the Indianapolis 500 in Toyota’s first attempt
2003 Scott Dixon wins IndyCar Series Driver’s championship with Toyota power
2003 10 wins, Toyota wins IRL Manufacturer’s championship
2004 2 wins
2005 3 wins
2006 :runs:

Yeah, and the reason is that we wanted to give the HURL a chance at a one engine series....

Yeah, that's it...uh huh...yup, that's it.