PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Season & Musical Chairs

Pages : [1] 2

Ankf00
12-14-05, 12:16 AM
websider and texags reporting Gary Darnell as Aggy's new DC :rofl: :

Gary Gibbs turned them down :laugh: "Thanks, but no thanks, I'd rather be lynched in Oklahoma for not measuring up to Switzer than come to Collie Station and become the ultimate douche of D-1A"

Dan Hawkins (Boise) & Joe Embre (UCLA Asst HC & TE's) are the two main runners for CU, looks more and more like Butch Davis was made for Arky.

If Hawkins goes to CU I bet he brings his OC Chris Peterson with him, Peterson has a 3K qb, 1K rb, 1k WR every year, and spreads the ball around too. I've wanted Peterson to replace our OC for years... Hawkins + CU + Callahan @ NU == CU top 10 team w/in 3 years...

And for some reason w/ all these openings Randy Shannon (Miami's DC, certifiable hoss) still hasn't been contacted for any HC gigs, even the San Diego State gig :saywhat: wtf? I don't really care for the whole race in coaching controversy, but this is beyond ridiculous.

and officially 1 week till bowls kick off, the New Orleans Bowl of Lafayette

So. Miss > Arky St.
Fightin' Mike Prices > Toledo
Cal > Mormon U
Colo St. > Fightin' Paul Johnsons
KU > Houston
UCF > Nevada
Memphis > Akron
Clemson > CU
ASU > Rutgers
Boise > BC
Mich > NU
GT > Utah
OU > Oregon
Minny > UVa
North ****ing Western > UCWestwood
Spurrier > Brad Smith
LSU > Thug U
NC State > USF
Tulsa > Fresno "We're 3rd place in the WAC but should be top 10, really!" State
TCU > Iowa St.
Tech > "Bama
Goters > Drew Tate
Va Tech > L-ville
Auburn > Wisky (Woodford Reserve, please)
tOSU > Domers
UGa > WVU
JoePa > Papa Bowden

and well, you know what my final pick is... :D

dando
12-14-05, 12:28 AM
So. Miss > Arky St.
Fightin' Mike Prices > Toledo
Cal > Mormon U
Colo St. > Fightin' Paul Johnsons
KU > Houston
UCF > Nevada
Memphis > Akron
Clemson > CU
ASU > Rutgers
Boise > BC
Mich > NU
GT > Utah
OU > Oregon
Minny > UVa
North ****ing Western > UCWestwood
Spurrier > Brad Smith
LSU > Thug U
NC State > USF
Tulsa > Fresno "We're 3rd place in the WAC but should be top 10, really!" State
TCU > Iowa St.
Tech > "Bama
Goters > Drew Tate
Va Tech > L-ville
Auburn > Wisky (Woodford Reserve, please)
tOSU > Domers
UGa > WVU
JoePa > Papa Bowden

and well, you know what my final pick is... :D
I'm off for bowl week! w00t! I might be divorced by 1/3/06, tho. Such is life.... ;)

Corrected picks: :)

Thugs > LSU
BC > Booyzee
BYU > Cal (you know I can't pick Cal, you see)

Cards will give the cHokies a game, but I don't think they'll win it.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
12-14-05, 01:35 AM
Life > Drew Tate

Ankf00
12-14-05, 01:16 PM
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-football/matt-leinarts-big-postheisman-nyc-adventure-143028.php

So [Sunday] morning, my friend calls me and says “Do you know some guy named Matt Line Hart?” I laugh and say yeah and don’t bother to correct her. She says, well he was at Marquee last night, and hit on one of the girls from texas all night, danced with her, and then was so drunk he groped her … she turned around and slapped him, and left.

I said yea yea, i doubt it even though it kinda made sense that he would be in an upscale club getting trashed after losing the heisman. i told her i’d believe the story when i saw pictures.

welllll, here they are
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/matt.jpg

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/matt2.jpg

:rofl: Don't think his USC bball playing gf's gonna like this one

Ed_Severson
12-14-05, 01:29 PM
We're gonna have a jealous fanboy on our hands!

:cry: Lies! Conspiracy! Blasphemy! Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeessssssssssss! :cry:

cartman
12-14-05, 01:43 PM
Wow, I wonder how much coolhand would pay to be the chick in those pictures.

dando
12-14-05, 01:44 PM
Wow, I wonder how much coolhand would pay to be the chick in those pictures.
:rofl:

Note to self: don't drink coffee whilst reading posts on the OC... :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-14-05, 02:35 PM
^^^ :rofl:

Tim Tebow committed to Meyer not 'Bama, too bad Josh Portis is transferring out of Goter-land, the two of them replacing Leak after next year would a been a spring qb controversy worth having...

Dan Hawkins looks more and more likely to be the man at CU, and I hope Peterson follows him over too. CU Big XII North Champions 3 years in a row come December 2006, book it. CU has talent to work with despite Barnett running off Brian Calhoun and Marcus Houston (another supposed quality back like Calhoun that Barnett said "wouldn't make the depth chart"). Hawkins does run a spread but it's balanced with the run pretty well.

CU's gonna be fun to watch next year :)

Ankf00
12-14-05, 11:06 PM
Hawkins accepted CU, announcement tomorrow

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2259394

Big XII north just gained some cred...

and maybe now Fresno can FINALLY win their FIRST WAC title seeing as Hawkins hogged the last 4...

"Fresno's definitely a top 10 team" - St. Peter of Carroll :laugh:

Ankf00
12-15-05, 02:33 PM
Gary Darnell officially announced as aggy DC...

every day Fran becomes more and more like A&M's Mackovic... now he's got Mackovic's DC from Mackovic's UT boondoggle as well :laugh:

dando
12-18-05, 11:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2261066

:thumbup: :thumbup:

This reminds me of OSU/UM week, where the two schools try to outdo each other in blood donations, but this is obviously a very unique case of charity for a very deserving cause. :cool:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-27-05, 04:53 PM
Memphis > Akron

OGorman's minus an Andrew Jackson :D

Ankf00
12-27-05, 05:23 PM
http://heyjennyslater.blogspot.com/2005_11_27_heyjennyslater_archive.html

^^^ If college football teams were Simpsons characters.

Sean O'Gorman
12-27-05, 05:38 PM
Memphis > Akron

OGorman's minus an Andrew Jackson :D

At least they tried to make it close in the last 3 minutes. :mad:

I think I'm going to Paypal it to you in $0.40 increments over the next year...to your USC e-mail. :D

Ankf00
12-27-05, 07:03 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6337132401241550611

^^^ the reason that A&M isn't at a bowl game. Also, that guy kinda looks like OGorman :saywhat:

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 08:06 PM
90 minutes to KO. Rutgers hasn't lost yet. :D

If they have a chance it will be because ASU will not be motivated to play essentially at home against a Big East team most players had never seen or heard of until this bowl pairing. That and the fact that injuries have made ASU defense about the worst in the nation.

If you Do watch look for big performances from Jr RB Brian Leonard, Fr RB Raymell Rice and Sr. DE Ryan Neil. Neil came back last year from a devastatingly broken leg and I think should go in the Spring as a high draft pick with promising NFL career. He is an intense and relentless D lineman. Coach Schiano is beginning to put together a repectable program that is keeping some of the best HS talent in the nation in state.

Alright, that's about as much as I can promise. More likely it will be another national humiliation for Jersey. Geez I grew up here and never even considered playing football for the Scarlet Knights.

dando
12-27-05, 08:20 PM
90 minutes to KO. Rutgers hasn't lost yet. :D

If they have a chance it will be because ASU will not be motivated to play essentially at home against a Big East team most players had never seen or heard of until this bowl pairing. That and the fact that injuries have made ASU defense about the worst in the nation.

If you Do watch look for big performances from Jr RB Brian Leonard, Fr RB Raymell Rice and Sr. DE Ryan Neil. Neil came back last year from a devastatingly broken leg and I think should go in the Spring as a high draft pick with promising NFL career. He is an intense and relentless D lineman. Coach Schiano is beginning to put together a repectable program that is keeping some of the best HS talent in the nation in state.

Alright, that's about as much as I can promise. More likely it will be another national humiliation for Jersey. Geez I grew up here and never even considered playing football for the Scarlet Knights.

No worries. Win, lose, or draw y'all will still have a decent womins hoopies team under coach Stringer. :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 08:28 PM
No worries. Win, lose, or draw y'all will still have a decent womins hoopies team under coach Stringer. :gomer:

-Kevin

:gomer: duly noted, but I could GAFF about basketball let alone woomins basketball. I never understood the point of that dribbling nonsense. Play the game on grass or turf. Make it tackle. Maybe wear a hockey helmet if you fear for your health. Then you got something I'm interested in playing or watching. :D

Joking aside I do give the Lady Knights credit, even if they only put the state on a par with Connecticut and Tennessee. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 08:36 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6337132401241550611

^^^ the reason that A&M isn't at a bowl game. Also, that guy kinda looks like OGorman :saywhat:

Maybe so.

This kid is from Jersey, has a much more "talent" than our A&M friend, and even looks like he could play NT for RU. What does that say about RUs chances tonight?

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/numa.php

Ankf00
12-27-05, 08:41 PM
god, not Numa-kid...

I think that kid's a straight ticket to a rout. :gomer:

dando
12-27-05, 08:56 PM
Joking aside I do give the Lady Knights credit, even if they only put the state on a par with Connecticut and Tennessee. :gomer:
BTW, you missed an opening, as the NJ ladies beat the Lady Bucks last year in the womins tourney. ;) :(

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 08:57 PM
god, not Numa-kid...

I think that kid's a straight ticket to a rout. :gomer:

Yeah. I understand he lives the next county east of me... before the cow country starts. Rout huh? Well, at least numa boy will likely become a fancy Wall Street trader, pharma exec, or venture capitalist... or bum bartender

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 09:05 PM
BTW, you missed an opening, as the NJ ladies beat the Lady Bucks last year in the womins tourney. ;) :(

-Kevin

Oh yes I remember. I'm sure it squeezed something really important out of my Newark Star Ledger sports page that day (at minimum, another missed opportunity to introduce Easterners to the merits of Champ Car :gomer: ). As I said, now we're on par with Connecticut, TN AND Ohio. Wonderful.

Ankf00
12-27-05, 09:24 PM
Yeah. I understand he lives the next county east of me... before the cow country starts. Rout huh? Well, at least numa boy will likely become a fancy Wall Street trader, pharma exec, or venture capitalist... or bum bartender

or toll booth attendent on the turnpike :D

Dr. Corkski
12-27-05, 09:44 PM
The Scarlet Turnpikes strike first. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-27-05, 10:13 PM
apparently both coaches forgot to put their team through tackling drills this bowl-season...

Dr. Corkski
12-27-05, 10:18 PM
Tackling is a 15 yard penalty in the Pac 10. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 10:36 PM
The Scarlet Turnpikes strike first. :gomer:

17-7 after 1. Oh the glory!

Looking at the defense I think team with the ball last wins

dando
12-27-05, 10:37 PM
Tackling is a 15 yard penalty in the Pac 10. :gomer:
Where's coolhand aka: PAC-10 Defender? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-27-05, 10:51 PM
If Pete Carroll had led the Gauls instead of Vercingetorix, Julius Caesar would've commited ritual suicide at Alesia to free his soul from the depression of humiliating defeat. :gomer:

-ESPN :gomer:

Ankf00
12-27-05, 11:06 PM
Rutgers, 350 yards offense so far...

yea, Pac-10 defenses are stastically bad because Pac-10 offense is THAT good, right :laugh:

Go Turnpikes!

dando
12-27-05, 11:06 PM
BTW, this is the same Rutgers team that blew a big lead to ILLINOIS, which is the same ILLINOIS team that gave up 56 to Joe Pa and crew @ home. That's all I'm sayin'. Draw yer own conclusions.... :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-27-05, 11:08 PM
The Turnpikes are tough this year

dando
12-27-05, 11:14 PM
The Turnpikes are tough this year
Where is yer buddy anywho? I mean it's like recess for the holidays and all, right? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-27-05, 11:16 PM
I guess Silicon Valley isn't as wired as they would have you believe. East Coast Bias. :gomer:

HOOK 'EM 'PIKES!

Andrew Longman
12-27-05, 11:28 PM
OMG 24-17 at the half!

We ought to be able to talk about that for 27 more years!

RU defense seems to suck just a little less tha ASU. Looking good!

Leonard and Rice are tearing it up as predicted.

Greasey Tony reference! Great place... for Arizona. Lots of other equal places in any Jersey town. Glad he's doing well. Dined with him many times when I was datring a RU girl.

I am thoroughly enjoying myself!

I like that new nickname... Go Pikes!

Ankf00
12-28-05, 12:09 AM
they're gonna top 1200 yards combined

dando
12-28-05, 01:05 AM
they're gonna top 1200 yards combined
Almost 1100 w/9:06 to go. :eek:

EDIT: 1199 @ 2:00. Heckuva game. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-28-05, 01:18 AM
If the Turnpikes weren't sucking this entire half they'd already have reached it.

Andrew Longman
12-28-05, 06:59 AM
I knew Schiano blew it when he didn't go for it on 4th down twice. Ito gave them 3 both times by I knew he was going to need those 8 points, given how the defense was playing.

Oh well. Fun while it lasted. RU still has never won a bowl game.

dando
12-29-05, 01:21 AM
Shuckers > Wimperines :laugh: :cry: :saywhat:

Lloyd "John Cooper" Carr one step closer to his next job...

:( <== Buckeye fans everywhere.

I only caught 1/2 of the game thus far (recording it later), but this has been one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen). I mean WTF...no penalties called @ the end of the game?!? This should be Woody Hayes vs. Wayne Duke post MSU '74 redux!!!!

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
12-29-05, 02:18 AM
I only caught 1/2 of the game thus far (recording it later), but this has been one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen). I mean WTF...no penalties called @ the end of the game?!? This should be Woody Hayes vs. Wayne Duke post MSU '74 redux!!!!Seriously, what did you expect from a Sun Belt crew? :laugh:

Ankf00
12-29-05, 04:30 AM
the big twel... UKRAINE IS STRONG!!!!

JoeBob
12-29-05, 10:31 AM
I only caught 1/2 of the game thus far (recording it later), but this has been one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen). I mean WTF...no penalties called @ the end of the game?!? This should be Woody Hayes vs. Wayne Duke post MSU '74 redux!!!!

It was the worst officiated game I ever saw. My Wolverines blew a few chances, so there's no blaming the officials for the loss - but the end of the game would have been a lot more interesting had they not been forced to burn 2 time outs in the 2nd half to wake up the replay official. (Not to mention all the other missed/wrong calls throughout the game. As Tirico or Herbstreit put it - at least their being consistently bad.)

Those officials should never work another bowl game in their careers.

Easy
12-29-05, 11:08 AM
Was the Husker that made the final tackle on the field when the play started or was he one of their subs? :gomer:

dando
12-29-05, 11:20 AM
Was the Husker that made the final tackle on the field when the play started or was he one of their subs? :gomer:
I wondered the exact same thing. Too bad the band dint come out onto the field, 2. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

dando
12-29-05, 10:40 PM
Someone stop Phil Knight, now! 9 different uni combos?!? :saywhat: The 'Tuxedo Look'?!? :shakehead 3 diff'rent helmets for next season?!? :thumdown: For God's sake, stop the madness!!! :flame:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-29-05, 11:13 PM
the pac-10 is tough this year

:gomer:

Oregon Barbie style interchangeable uniforms just prove how superior Oregon is

dando
12-29-05, 11:25 PM
Oregon Barbie style interchangeable uniforms just prove how superior Oregon is
I thought it was Barbie Leaf II??? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

dando
12-30-05, 12:59 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

Okie > sneakers

:rofl:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-30-05, 05:19 AM
The Pac-10 is tough this year

Dr. Corkski
12-30-05, 08:18 AM
Can't blame Belotti for yanking Dixon and putting in Leaf. It's not like a Leaf choking and throwing a pick has ever happened in San Diego before. :laugh:

MWC > Big lEast

dando
12-30-05, 10:43 AM
Can't blame Belotti for yanking Dixon and putting in Leaf. It's not like a Leaf choking and throwing a pick has ever happened in San Diego before. :laugh:

The commentators comment about Leaf not being booed in SD (yet) was hilarious. :laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-30-05, 01:44 PM
now all we need is a UCLA choke vs. NW and the depantsing of the hippies can continue :)

dando
12-30-05, 03:48 PM
now all we need is a UCLA choke vs. NW and the depantsing of the hippies can continue
Choke is an understatement, my friend. This is an implosion to the Nth degree. :gomer: :D

Good thang ASU won the other knight to hold up the honor of the Pac-10. :D

EDIT: almost halfway to the 100 o/u I thought would happen. :eek:

-Kevin

dando
12-31-05, 11:50 AM
WTF happened to the Thugs last night?!? :eek: Holly Jeebus what an @ss whoopin! :thumbup: :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-31-05, 01:09 PM
It's a nice.

2 more days until I'm on I-10 West :cool:

Ankf00
12-31-05, 02:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/600xPopupGallery.jpg

dando
01-02-06, 12:51 PM
And to complete the absurdity that he has become, MC13 is now wanted for armed robbery:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2277173

:saywhat: :( :shakehead

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
01-02-06, 01:06 PM
Is it a NCAA violation to pay a NFL team to draft Drew Tate? :cry:

dando
01-02-06, 01:12 PM
Is it a NCAA violation to pay a NFL team to draft Drew Tate? :cry:
It's a violation to watch Drew Tate. :gomer: This could be an ugly day for the Big Ten + 1. :(

-Kevin

dando
01-02-06, 03:46 PM
Jeebus what an ugly kick to wn the Cotton Bowl. :eek:

War Eagle 1st half against Badgers = :laugh:

Go figger.

Tubberville wondering why his player was ejected after throwing a punch in the field = :shakehead

-Kevin

Chitowncartfreak
01-02-06, 04:30 PM
I usually don't blame officiating when Iowa loses, but what game where those guys watching? Lots of blown calls today.

dando
01-02-06, 04:44 PM
I usually don't blame officiating when Iowa loses, but what game where those guys watching? Lots of blown calls today.
I only caught pieces parts of the game in PIP. What was up with the onside kick that was ruled no good?

-Kevin

Chitowncartfreak
01-02-06, 04:47 PM
I only caught pieces parts of the game in PIP. What was up with the onside kick that was ruled no good?

-Kevin

They said that Iowa's Chad Greenway crossed the line of scrimmage before the ball was kicked. However, the replay showed that he was clearly behind the line. They also blew a personal foul call and made a questionable roughing the kicker call against Iowa right before the half.

dando
01-02-06, 04:55 PM
They said that Iowa's Chad Greenway crossed the line of scrimmage before the ball was kicked. However, the replay showed that he was clearly behind the line.
Officiating in general has been poor during bowl week+. The quickie replay I saw looked good. Unfortunately I had the Cap One Bowl on the PVR screen, so I couldn't replay it. With all of the NFL jobs coming open, I'll bet KF's name comes up quite a bit over the next few weeks.

-Kevin

Chitowncartfreak
01-02-06, 05:00 PM
Officiating in general has been poor during bowl week+. The quickie replay I saw looked good. Unfortunately I had the Cap One Bowl on the PVR screen, so I couldn't replay it. With all of the NFL jobs coming open, I'll bet KF's name comes up quite a bit over the next few weeks.

-Kevin

Yes, it will. In the past, Ferentz has always said no, but ESPN mentioned today that Ferentz admitted that he'll be paying more attention to the offers this year. He's already being linked to the Green Bay job. I hope I didn't just witness the last Iowa game in the Kirk Ferentz era.

RHR_Fan
01-02-06, 05:30 PM
Badgers win baby!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

http://photos.news.wisc.edu/photos/Bucky_Badger_football2_01.jpg

~Nicole

Chitowncartfreak
01-02-06, 05:33 PM
Badgers win baby!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Great win - good to see former Hawkeye Alvarez leave with a big win.

dando
01-02-06, 05:36 PM
:thumbup: Barry!

A Big Ten + 1 finally!!!

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
01-02-06, 06:53 PM
:thumbup: for the Badgers.

Drew Tate sucks.

dando
01-02-06, 06:56 PM
Porky Weiss goes for it on 4th & 2 after being gifted a TO by OSU.

Bwaaaahahahaha! :rofl:

Ginn = Gone! :D

-Kevin

dando
01-02-06, 07:44 PM
:D

nrc
01-02-06, 10:36 PM
Porky Weiss goes for it on 4th & 2 after being gifted a TO by OSU.

After that move the Buckeyes just had to win to punish Weiss for such arrogance. You think that's a gimme against the Buckey defense? You think you're not going to need those three points later in the game? Feel the pain.

Oh, and Brady Quinn's sister has a giant head. I don't need to see her anymore.

dando
01-02-06, 11:00 PM
So much for them kwality wins by SC over ND and the Ducks. Me thinks this could be another BCS championship blowout. :(

-Kevin

skaven
01-03-06, 12:30 AM
They said that Iowa's Chad Greenway crossed the line of scrimmage before the ball was kicked. However, the replay showed that he was clearly behind the line. They also blew a personal foul call and made a questionable roughing the kicker call against Iowa right before the half.

Yeah, I missed the first three quarters, but heard the officiating was terrible in the first half. I did see the blown call on the onsides kick. Not a win to be proud of/ hate to see a game end like that. :thumdown:

CART T. Katz
01-03-06, 02:25 AM
speaking of terrible officiating...

was it just me in the middle of a serious thunderstorm that had some tornadic activity and hail which caused me to switch from the dish to the fuzzy over-the-air station or did anyone see that low class f***tard marcus vick INTENTIONALLY STOMP ON ELVIS DUMERVIL'S CALF NEAR THE END OF THE SECOND QUARTER during today's gator bowl? :flame:

not only should the f***ing jerk have been ejected for premeditated attempt to injure, but he leads freaking tech to a come from behind victory.

i'm not mad because we lost, our defense went away in the second half again and the only thing that will help this defense is recruiting. its because that move was so blatanly obvious and that should have been an easy call to make. hell, everyone including the nbc people AND the tech people thought it was low when the play actually happened in real time.

congratulations tech, you won the game. now go burn. you shouldn't have won this game and you know it. :flame:

Easy
01-03-06, 11:36 AM
The Hawk's put themselves at the mercy of the ref's by allowing 2 stupid TD's. But Jeebus, that was a terrible call which basically decided the game. Drew Tate, the NFL wants you, really.

If Ferentz does leave, screwing the Iowa program in the process, I hope he goes to Green Bay so I can watch the Bears **** on his face twice a year. Let the Ferentz hate resume! (if he goes)

Insomniac
01-03-06, 12:55 PM
WVU and the Big East. :thumbup:

They definitely had me worried.

CART T. Katz
01-03-06, 09:45 PM
WVU and the Big East. :thumbup:

They definitely had me worried.

oh yes, definitely forgot about that. :D

will you haters FINALLY get off our backs now? the big east belongs, it's not our fault the entire conference had a down year. next year will be better. we will have our qb back with an improved defense, west virginia is basically bringing their entire offense back i believe, rutgers will improve, south florida won't blow their load against us uconn will be back. this is going to turn out to be a tough conference top to bottom fairly soon. meanwhile, the all corrupt conference is just bloated. how many bowl games did the high and mighty acc win, 2? here's to another year of the same- 1 acc win in the history of the bcs.

what i really would have liked to have seen was wvu vs the crying irish. if anyone didn't deserve a bcs bowl bid, it was them.

Sean O'Gorman
01-03-06, 10:21 PM
This is the most homophobic announce team I've ever heard. :p

dando
01-03-06, 10:28 PM
oh yes, definitely forgot about that. :D

will you haters FINALLY get off our backs now? the big east belongs, it's not our fault the entire conference had a down year. next year will be better. we will have our qb back with an improved defense, west virginia is basically bringing their entire offense back i believe, rutgers will improve, south florida won't blow their load against us uconn will be back. this is going to turn out to be a tough conference top to bottom fairly soon. meanwhile, the all corrupt conference is just bloated. how many bowl games did the high and mighty acc win, 2? here's to another year of the same- 1 acc win in the history of the bcs.

what i really would have liked to have seen was wvu vs the crying irish. if anyone didn't deserve a bcs bowl bid, it was them.

Kudos to WVU. However, one bowl victory out of four games this season, is hardly a noteworthy event. And the notion that this season was an anomaly, the Big lEast is 5-9 in bowls the past five years (and 2-10 over the past three). By contrast, the Big Ten + 1 is 16-18 over the past five years. Bookmark this thread and prove me wrong in 2-3 years, but I just don't see that happening.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
01-03-06, 10:44 PM
How does the Big lEast supporter just forget about a BCS win? When he is too busy bitching about the only team in the conference he GAF about losing to Va Tech to "remember". :gomer:

UGA did everything to give that game away and still made a game of it, and that's the only bowl win the Big lEast will finish with. Funny enough the half of the "overrated" ACC's bowl wins came against the Big lEast super conference. Maybe WVU should leave for a conference that has football too. :laugh:

CART T. Katz
01-04-06, 12:00 AM
i was told a long time ago by people who have read both of your unfounded comments that argueing with you won't change their minds. so i'm not.

the only things that i will say are that it doesn't matter how a game was won, the only thing that will be remembered is the final score. and the final score says the big east beat a big bad $EC team, and now the media is going to have a very hard time justifying the exclusion of the big east in the future.

the other thing is that if you get rid of the big east, now the majority of teams in 1-a are not in a bcs conference. can you say anti-trust lawsuit? face it- the big east is in the bcs and its going to stay that way. as i type this, the acc is down in their bcs game. if i recall correctly, the acc has only ONE bcs victory in its history, clearly they are not worthy of inclusion. maybe we should throw them out as well...

the knife cuts both ways.

Dr. Corkski
01-04-06, 12:35 AM
Final score: Va Tech 35, Louisville 24. :gomer:

I remember a certain MWC team crushing a big bad Big lEast team last year. Maybe they should give the Big lEast BCS bid to MWC. :laugh:

dando
01-04-06, 01:07 AM
Helluva game b/w PSU & FreeShoes. I hope it ends soon b4 the PaPas are asleep on the sideline. :)

-Kevin

dando
01-04-06, 01:10 AM
i was told a long time ago by people who have read both of your unfounded comments that argueing with you won't change their minds. so i'm not.

the only things that i will say are that it doesn't matter how a game was won, the only thing that will be remembered is the final score. and the final score says the big east beat a big bad $EC team, and now the media is going to have a very hard time justifying the exclusion of the big east in the future.

the other thing is that if you get rid of the big east, now the majority of teams in 1-a are not in a bcs conference. can you say anti-trust lawsuit? face it- the big east is in the bcs and its going to stay that way. as i type this, the acc is down in their bcs game. if i recall correctly, the acc has only ONE bcs victory in its history, clearly they are not worthy of inclusion. maybe we should throw them out as well...

the knife cuts both ways.
Look on the bright side, ya'll still gots hoopies:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260030269

BTW, I'm not for excluding conferences. I'm for a playoff that's open to all conferences and indies, aye?

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
01-04-06, 01:40 AM
The way these guys are missing the field goals, you'd think there was a #1 draft pick on the line.

dando
01-04-06, 01:51 AM
OMG! I haven't seen this many missed FGs in a season, let alone a game! :eek:

-Kevin

FLCARTfan
01-04-06, 11:41 AM
My beloved Seminoles done in again by missed kicks in the Orange Bowl.....go figure.

No such thing as moral victories but after a difficult season, the Noles played a hell of a game against a very good PSU team and I wasn't terribly broken-hearted about the loss.

Congrats to the Nittany Lions

Insomniac
01-04-06, 08:02 PM

I dunno, playing the Weis led offense given how easily UGA moved the ball in the air would be scary.

Insomniac
01-04-06, 08:05 PM
UGA did everything to give that game away and still made a game of it,

Right... Had nothing to do with WVU.

Dr. Corkski
01-05-06, 01:30 AM
What a way to finish off the bowl season! :thumbup:

dando
01-06-06, 06:15 PM
speaking of terrible officiating...

was it just me in the middle of a serious thunderstorm that had some tornadic activity and hail which caused me to switch from the dish to the fuzzy over-the-air station or did anyone see that low class f***tard marcus vick INTENTIONALLY STOMP ON ELVIS DUMERVIL'S CALF NEAR THE END OF THE SECOND QUARTER during today's gator bowl? :flame:

not only should the f***ing jerk have been ejected for premeditated attempt to injure, but he leads freaking tech to a come from behind victory.

i'm not mad because we lost, our defense went away in the second half again and the only thing that will help this defense is recruiting. its because that move was so blatanly obvious and that should have been an easy call to make. hell, everyone including the nbc people AND the tech people thought it was low when the play actually happened in real time.

congratulations tech, you won the game. now go burn. you shouldn't have won this game and you know it. :flame:

c ya l8r, Marcus:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

RICHMOND, Va. -- The president of Virginia Tech said Friday that quarterback Marcus Vick has been permanently dismissed from the football team.

:laugh:

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-06-06, 10:15 PM
big least 1-3
Big XII 5-3

OU over higher ranked Oregon
Mizzou over higher ranked Spurrier
NU over higher ranked Mich
KU blows out UH when the line wasn't anywhere close to 30+
UT beats higher ranked USC

prefer your crow fried or grilled, Katz? :D

CART T. Katz
01-07-06, 02:54 AM
neither.

i do believe i said the big east could beat the big xii north not the big xii in total, and i don't believe i said anything about having a better bowl record or even attempted to make predictions. i believe the big east matches up well with the north division and that's how games are decided- matchups. that's how some of the big boys get upset by the little ones. i said nothing at all about bowl predictions. the only thing i said and have said was that you need to get off the big east and give the conference a chance to rebuild after the entire conference practically had a down year. jumping to conclusions are we?

even though no one can check these facts, for the record, i always thought that texas had a chance from the results of the usc-fresno game. i figured both teams would score but texas had a better defense than usc so they would have a shot. put it this way: provided our coach doesn't place both hands around his neck and squeeze, LOUISVILLE can beat usc because i think that louisville has a slightly better defense than usc. but as i said, no one can check on that because i didn't don't do any predicting normally and said nothing about the game anywhere at anytime.

i hear it was a good one. i didn't watch. had no interest in it.

so until someone schedules a series between big east schools and big xii schools, i think i'll save the crow for those who deserve it, such as a cheeber or a barnhart or a nation and the like. if you feel like rationalizing wins and losses, rutgers got beat barely essentially in a home game for arizona state, nc state beat a south florida team going to their first bowl ever in basically a home game and we got beat by a player who should not even have been in the game. have you seen the quotes by the crew chief to a newport news newspaper i believe?

"We missed that, and I'm sorry we did," Usecheck told the Newport News Daily Press from his Colorado home. "The TV, everybody saw it but us. I wish we had the opportunity to talk to (Vick) because that was complete (expletive). You bet I would have thrown his a$$ out."

entire article (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9144110/rss)

just because a team wins on the scoreboard doesn't mean the better team won. you know that. but in the end, its three people wasting space on a moot issue for this year.

yeah so the big east has won one bowl game this year. all i can say is that the almighty acc has as many overall bcs wins as does the worst conference in history the big east (as far as i know, this being our first year in the big east, i didn't pay attention to it before)- ONE.

coolhand
01-07-06, 03:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=cnnsi-anearlylookat06&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

"an early look at '06"

What do you think?

dando
01-07-06, 12:02 PM
What do you think?
Opinions are like *******s...everyone has one, and everyone else's usually stinks. As was once again proved last year, pre-season polls and projections are worthless. Just ask top 5 UM and UT north. :saywhat:

However, if you want to waste your time with them, Pat Forde has one out on ESPN.com you can check out. He has TU and OSU #1 and #2. Big deal.

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-07-06, 04:33 PM
yeah so the big east has won one bowl game this year. all i can say is that the almighty acc has as many overall bcs wins as does the worst conference in history the big east (as far as i know, this being our first year in the big east, i didn't pay attention to it before)- ONE.

1. Miami '00 Sugar over Goters, Miami '01 Rose over 'Huskers, Miami '03 Orange over 'Noles,

2. Let me get this straight:
-You admittedly paid no attention to the Big East previously b/c your school wasn't a member.
-You didn't even watch the national championship game because you admittedly had no interest.

Yet you're going to tell me you paid enough attention to the very mediocre Big XII north this year for some reason and see how they match up with the Big lEast?

sure... You skipped the title game but paid attention to one of the weakest collections of BCS teams during the season.

Ankf00
01-07-06, 04:45 PM
also, congrats to West Virginia, that was a ballsy call, well excuted gameplan throughout.

Rich Rodriguez was selected for the Texas Tech job before Mike Leach was hired, and in a public forum one of the more affluent Tech boosters stood up and told the AD "You don't hire a Mexican around here."

Yea, so much for Rich and Tech ;)

Great to see him get over the hump and win a bowl game.

Watching Slayton and White earlier this season I was looking forward to their moves vs. the UGa defense...

The big surprise was how well the speed of that 3-3-5 base D WVU runs shut down UGa for the better part of the game :eek: