PDA

View Full Version : Grossman/ NFL/ Fantasy Football/ Cheers

skaven
12-13-05, 01:25 AM
John Madden is a moron. Start Grossman.

Gotta start rooting against the Bengals as they are pushing the Donkeys for a first round bye. Both at 12-4 = advantage Donkeys.

Who here made their playoffs in FF? Go Gado ! ! ! ! ! ! :gomer:

Clif Clavin is my favorite Cheers character. Carry on. :D

WickerBill
12-13-05, 06:11 AM
My company makes medicine for people like you... Strattera...

Go Broncos go Broncos go Broncos. Sched is kind to them compared to the Bolts and the Chefs.

I am in my fantasy football playoffs. It is only by many small miracles though -- my team has more injuries than a Who concert in Cincinnati. I drafted McAllister (out), Javon Walker (out), Darrell Jackson (out), traded for Culpepper (out), traded for Westbrook (out).

I didn't care for Cheers... too formulaic.

Classic Apex
12-13-05, 06:28 AM
^^^ The man speaketh the truth.

You'd be a fool to discount the Broncos from here on out.

And Madden...bonified (sp? yeah whatever) moron wayyy before he made his Grossman comments.

Put Rexy in, sit Kyle down.

PLEASE.

chop456
12-13-05, 06:54 AM
my team has more injuries than a Who concert in Cincinnati.

Cold, even for you. :D

skaven
12-13-05, 11:01 AM
Strattera... I've never been accused of being ADHD before. ;)

Props to your team WB. I thought I was lucky to make the playoffs. 1st round pick - Deuce (out), 2nd round pick - Jamal Lewis (bust), blockbuster trade - Holmes (out).

Tater Bell needs to go off in Buffalo on Saturday. Go Tater. Go Donkeys ! ! !

WickerBill
12-13-05, 11:15 AM
Cold, even for you. :D

I am *so* glad someone caught that. Not a big "Weird Al" fan but a line from one of his songs says "I haven't been in a crowd like this since I went to see The Who" might be one of the best misdirection jokes in a song ever.

Tifosi24
12-13-05, 11:30 AM
Do you people honestly believe that Rex Grossman is going to magically make the passing game work for the Bears? The key to the Bears success is there defense, not who is quarterbacking the offense.

skaven
12-13-05, 11:42 AM
Bad news Boss, Darrent Williams (Broncos CB) is out for up to 6 weeks. Might return for the AFC Championship game if they make it that far.

The only way the Donkeys can beat the Colts is with Bailey and the two rookie CB's playing healthy and well.

We need to get those ex-Brown defensive linemen playing better again too.

skaven
12-13-05, 11:47 AM
Do you people honestly believe that Rex Grossman is going to magically make the passing game work for the Bears? The key to the Bears success is there defense, not who is quarterbacking the offense.

HELL YEAH ! ! ! !

But I've not seen them play all year, never seen Orton play ever and haven't seen Grossman play since college... so my opinion is firmly rooted in SEC homerism. :gomer:

WickerBill
12-13-05, 12:11 PM

People are just hatin' on Orton's neck-beard.

dando
12-13-05, 12:15 PM
John Madden is a moron. Start Grossman.

Gotta start rooting against the Bengals as they are pushing the Donkeys for a first round bye. Both at 12-4 = advantage Donkeys.

Who here made their playoffs in FF? Go Gado ! ! ! ! ! !

Clif Clavin is my favorite Cheers character. Carry on.
Madden and Michaels are both brain dead with the MNF schedule suckage. They practically hafta make stuff up to keep viewers watching.

Who Dey! Can you say 13-3, baby! :D

My team was the highest scoring FFL team for the season, but after LT's uninspired performance this week, I'm out. :(

Norm was by far the best character on Cheers. The Thxgiving food fight was a classic! Long live Coach!! :thumbup:

PS: did you fall off the snow board or something over the weekend? ;)

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-13-05, 01:23 PM
Strattera... I've never been accused of being ADHD before. ;)

Props to your team WB. I thought I was lucky to make the playoffs. 1st round pick - Deuce (out), 2nd round pick - Jamal Lewis (bust), blockbuster trade - Holmes (out).

Tater Bell needs to go off in Buffalo on Saturday. Go Tater. Go Donkeys ! ! !

Shoot, the way the Bills are playing, my money's (if I had any) is on Denver to win.

Can someone please explain the Who Dey thing to me? I keep seeing it here and in reference to the team from Cincinnatti on the Amazing Race, but have no clue what it means.

Ed_Severson
12-13-05, 01:29 PM
Can someone please explain the Who Dey thing to me?

"Who dey?" is a question posed by overzealous Cincinnati football fans circa 1988. It was, at the simplest level, a general wondering about who exactly -- if anybody -- possessed the skill to beat the 1988 Cincinnati Bengals. After nearly a season of wondering aloud, they finally got their answer:

http://www.championshipplaques.com/images/NFL/88fortyn.jpg

In the following 15 years or so, the answer to the question became a bit lengthy, so folks just quit asking altogether. :D

devilmaster
12-13-05, 01:33 PM
And the plans for Detroit this week - many people are planning to wear Tiger gear to the game, so there will be alot of bengal orange in the crowd.

Thats assuming of course that they don't torch the place down or riot first. If you bet they will, I think its even money right now. :D

dando
12-13-05, 01:43 PM
Shoot, the way the Bills are playing, my money's (if I had any) is on Denver to win.

Can someone please explain the Who Dey thing to me? I keep seeing it here and in reference to the team from Cincinnatti on the Amazing Race, but have no clue what it means.
There was once a beer in Cincy called Hudepohl or Hudey for short. Some folks argue that Hudey was responsible for the Who Dey chant. Some disagree. In any case, Hudey took advantage of the similarity, producing a special Who Dey Hudey can, of which I still possess an unopened 6-pack from 1988. I wonder if it has aged well? ;)

Here's linky with some explanation:

http://bengalsjungle.com/whodeyorigin.html

IIRC, I recall it started back in '81, which was the Bengals first Super Bowl appearance in Detroit. Next year will be their second. :D

Ed, bite me! :mad: ;)

-Kevin

dando
12-13-05, 01:47 PM
And the plans for Detroit this week - many people are planning to wear Tiger gear to the game, so there will be alot of bengal orange in the crowd.

Thats assuming of course that they don't torch the place down or riot first. If you bet they will, I think its even money right now. :D
I went lookin' for tix to the game, but they only have handicapped seats in the end zone available. So, rather than risk a riot, inside or outisde the stadium, I elected to watch the game from the comfort of my couch. However, I will make the trek north when the Bengals play their second game in Detroit early next year. :D

-Kevin

devilmaster
12-13-05, 02:22 PM
However, I will make the trek north when the Bengals play their second game in Detroit early next year. :D

-Kevin

Read Ed's post again, Kevin. :p :laugh:

Dr. Corkski
12-13-05, 02:30 PM
The Bears should draft Drew Tate after this season. Please. :gomer:

Ed_Severson
12-13-05, 03:50 PM
Ed, bite me! :mad:

Aw, did I hurt your feelings? :rofl:

I never really liked rooting for the home team when I was younger, and where I grew up, the Bengals were considered the "home" team, so I derive a lot of nostalgic enjoyment out of needling Bengals fans. Nothin' personal. ;)

The church I grew up in used to host a Super Bowl party with a mini service at halftime. Being a Bears fan, I always cheered for the NFC team in the Super Bowl, so I have two fond memories of that game ... being the only guy rooting for the winning team, and witnessing everyone's disappointment when they realized they missed the opening kickoff return after our halftime service ran long. :eek:

Completely uninteresting factoid ... one of the members of that church won a contest the Bengals ran way back when, so he is responsible for their current helmet design. Fortunately for him, he is not responsible for the Gals' Sunday dress from the neck down.

These guys are looking pretty good this year, and will be a pain in the AFC's arse for a while if they can keep everybody healthy and happy. I don't think they're ready to beat Indy on the road yet, but they might be Super sometime within the next few years. Of course, it'll cost you another decade of ineptitude from the Fightin' Marges.

nrc
12-13-05, 04:59 PM
Aw, did I hurt your feelings? :rofl:

I never really liked rooting for the home team when I was younger, and where I grew up, the Bengals were considered the "home" team, so I derive a lot of nostalgic enjoyment out of needling Bengals fans. Nothin' personal. ;)

There are worse things than coming in a close second to two great teams in two great games. There are teams with Super Bowl rings that aren't any better than the '81 or '88 Bengals.

Easy
12-13-05, 05:03 PM
The Bears should draft Drew Tate after this season. Please. :gomer:

That could be the finest QB squad ever assembled: Orton, Tate and Jeff George as emergency third string when Sexy goes down again. :laugh:

Ed_Severson
12-13-05, 05:04 PM
No argument there. There's no shame in losing a Super Bowl to Joe Montana, as far as I'm concerned ... even if you do it twice! :D

Sean O'Gorman
12-13-05, 05:52 PM
My team was the highest scoring FFL team for the season, but after LT's uninspired performance this week, I'm out. :(

You think that is bad? I was the lowest scoring team in my league, but I would've been the highest scoring team in the first round if I had made the playoffs. I lost my last 4 games, 2 of which because of last minute kicker changes I made, and one because I dropped the Seattle defense the day before they scored all those touchdowns vs. Philadelphia. 3 simple moves that made me go from 8-5 to 5-8. :cry:

Ed_Severson
12-13-05, 05:57 PM
That's what irritates me about fantasy football. Last year I was 12-1 heading into the playoffs, and pretty much had a complete breakdown in my first playoff game. There literally was not a lineup I could have chosen that would have won, and it wasn't guys sitting out or anything like that. I just had four or five guys who all had a crappy week at the same time. :flame:

dando
12-13-05, 06:14 PM
You think that is bad? I was the lowest scoring team in my league, but I would've been the highest scoring team in the first round if I had made the playoffs. I lost my last 4 games, 2 of which because of last minute kicker changes I made, and one because I dropped the Seattle defense the day before they scored all those touchdowns vs. Philadelphia. 3 simple moves that made me go from 8-5 to 5-8. :cry:
Get this...~4 years ago I just missed the playoffs due to a last week of the regular season loss, but I ran the table during the playoffs, out scoring all other teams by 30-40 points/game. :( :mad: :cry:

Oh, and two of my 3 losses during this season were due to last-minute scores against my D. The other loss was unavoidable, as both the Bengals and Chargers had a bye week, so 50% of my O was on the bench.

-Kevin

dando
12-13-05, 06:17 PM
No argument there. There's no shame in losing a Super Bowl to Joe Montana, as far as I'm concerned ... even if you do it twice! :D
@ least we dint suck like the Chargers against the 9ers. What sucks is that the Bengals legitimately could (should?) have won both of those games. I had the champagne uncorked for the '89 game. I still drank it, tho. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-13-05, 06:26 PM
@ least we dint suck like the Chargers against the 9ers. What sucks is that the Bengals legitimately could (should?) have won both of those games. I had the champagne uncorked for the '89 game. I still drank it, tho. ;)

-Kevin

"we should've won" seems to be a common phrase with you these days...

after 09/10/05... then today... ;)

*ducks*

dando
12-13-05, 06:35 PM
"we should've won" seems to be a common phrase with you these days...

after 09/10/05... then today... ;)

*ducks*
Making a list for our encounter next fall....

;)

BTW, I noticed the Aggy West is an 8 point dog to the condom boyz. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-13-05, 06:41 PM
Making a list for our encounter next fall....

;)

why even bother making the trip? :gomer:

BTW, I noticed the Aggy West is an 8 point dog to the condom boyz. :gomer:
-Kevin

you've got it backwards, Aggy is now The University of Texas, "Deliverance" College.

and did I mention Joe Montana is my HERO already? :D

dando
12-13-05, 06:46 PM
why even bother making the trip? :gomer:

you've got it backwards, Aggy is now The University of Texas, "Deliverance" College.

and did I mention Joe Montana is my HERO already?
I'll just fly down there to beat the cr@p outta you, and then drink beerz in the parking like the Finnish Homer Simpson. :D :saywhat:

And yes, you've mentioned yer infatuation w/Mr. Montana. I suspect you had a poster of ol' Joe tacked up on yer wall, and yer secretly a Domer fanboy as well. :p

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
12-13-05, 06:47 PM
Get this...~4 years ago I just missed the playoffs due to a last week of the regular season loss, but I ran the table during the playoffs, out scoring all other teams by 30-40 points/game. :( :mad: :cry:

Oh, and two of my 3 losses during this season were due to last-minute scores against my D. The other loss was unavoidable, as both the Bengals and Chargers had a bye week, so 50% of my O was on the bench.

-Kevin

Actually, my high scoring game was with most of my good players off the team. Once I was eliminated, I started releasing players that I wanted my friends to pick up off waivers (once they were #1 on the waiver priority list), and I STILL had a great week. I hung on to Rudi because he was my "can't cut" player, and the Minnesota defense just because I was the only one touting them before that Giants game.

Ankf00
12-13-05, 06:51 PM
I'll just fly down there to beat the cr@p outta you, and then drink beerz in the parking like the Finnish Homer Simpson.

And yes, you've mentioned yer infatuation w/Mr. Montana. I suspect you had a poster of ol' Joe tacked up on yer wall, and yer secretly a Domer fanboy as well. :p

-Kevin

1. you can't catch me if I run like a little b#tch :D plus good luck pulling that off in a Burnt-Orange Sea ;)

2. actually I am/was a Simms & Giants fanboy, screw the 9'ers, screw Montana, and as a UT fan I can not in good conscience ever root for ND. That said, he beat the Bengals and therefore is now my HERO

dando
12-13-05, 06:56 PM
1. you can't catch me if I run like a little b#tch :D plus good luck pulling that off in a Burnt-Orange Sea ;)

2. actually I am/was a Simms & Giants fanboy, screw the 9'ers, screw Montana, and as a UT fan I can not in good conscience ever root for ND. That said, he beat the Bengals and therefore is now my HERO
I'll get ya drunk 1st. :gomer:

H8r. :p

-Kevin

Classic Apex
12-13-05, 08:01 PM

Magically? No.

Realisticaly? Yes.

Grossman is much more mobile than Orton. Grossman has a much better long ball/deep passing ability. Grossman has a much better arm. Grossman has a much better ability to read the defense and run through his check-downs.

I firmly believe that with Grossman in the days of only scoring 6-10 points a game will be behind us. With Orton as QB, 6-10 points per game will NOT get you past the first round of the playoffs, even with the Bears defense.

It's reality.

With Grossman in, the offense can be opened up more. Right now its very obvious Mr. Turner directs the offensive scheme NOT TO LOSE football games. A conservative approach like that will do nothing in the playoffs.

KaBoom21
12-13-05, 08:11 PM
Al Davis needs to go.

nrc
12-13-05, 09:38 PM
As for Fantasy Football, statistics should be left to statisticians and baseball fans.

WickerBill
12-13-05, 10:04 PM

-Kevin

Hey, *nobody* sucked against the Niners in the SB like Denver, so THERE!

55-10, baby!

Al Czervik
12-13-05, 10:19 PM
Magically? No.

Realisticaly? Yes.

Grossman is much more mobile than Orton. Grossman has a much better long ball/deep passing ability. Grossman has a much better arm. Grossman has a much better ability to read the defense and run through his check-downs.

I firmly believe that with Grossman in the days of only scoring 6-10 points a game will be behind us. With Orton as QB, 6-10 points per game will NOT get you past the first round of the playoffs, even with the Bears defense.

It's reality.

With Grossman in, the offense can be opened up more. Right now its very obvious Mr. Turner directs the offensive scheme NOT TO LOSE football games. A conservative approach like that will do nothing in the playoffs.

Dikta was right. The most popular Bear is the backup quarterback. Grossman has taken how many snaps w/ the first team since August? If it were Johnny U waiting on the sidelines, then maybe. But Grossman? A slight upgrade, if any at all.

Classic Apex
12-13-05, 10:30 PM
A slight upgrade

Bingo.

Ed_Severson
12-13-05, 10:33 PM
Either way, the Bears are screwed. Stick with Orton, they go nowhere in the playoffs unless they find some magical way to disguise the fact that they're going to run the ball 85 times. Switch to Grossman, and the team winds up distracted with a quarterback controversy in late December.

skaven
12-15-05, 02:09 AM
...Once I was eliminated, I started releasing players that I wanted my friends to pick up off waivers (once they were #1 on the waiver priority list), ...

That reeks of collusion. My league-mates are all UF alumni, but even us SEC cheaters wouldn't allow that crap. :mad:

As an aside, I'm got tinted glasses rooting for Grossman and all, but my league-mates have even worse boners for Gator almumni - you shoulda seen the scramble on draft day for Shane Mathews, Chris Doering, Teh Weurrfel and Reidel Anthony a few years ago when the ole ball coach first went to the Skins. :rofl:

Both my teams are up against Carson Palmer, so I'm starting Houshmandzadeh on both teams as insurance and hoping CJ stays cool. Either way, the season will be over soon and I can get on to enjoying football. :thumbup:

Ankf00
12-15-05, 02:36 AM
honestly, Goters are the Duke of the NFL...

Jacques Green, Reidel Anthony, Chris Doering, Shane Matthews, Earnest Graham, Danny Wuerffel, Jabar Gaffney, Ran Carthon...

If Zook wasn't so s***** I could add more to the list :D

skaven
12-15-05, 12:19 PM
More fun with Chicago Bear fans. (http://www.orange32.com/grabowski/) :rofl:

Classic Apex
12-19-05, 02:27 AM
Dikta was right. The most popular Bear is the backup quarterback. Grossman has taken how many snaps w/ the first team since August? If it were Johnny U waiting on the sidelines, then maybe. But Grossman? A slight upgrade, if any at all.

Yeah, internet experts. :rolleyes:

BAM!!! You catch Grossman tonight?

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

From Caddyshack to you...

"Don't sell yourself short, Judge...you're a tremendous slouch."

:D

Ankf00
12-19-05, 03:12 AM
what's up w/ cedric's knee?

Classic Apex
12-19-05, 03:18 AM

At the time of the injury, diagnosis was 4-6 weeks. Last I had heard he was "slowly but steadily progressing."

Dood was right about his knee though. When the replay of the injury occured I thought he was done for sure until next season. Replay was brutal and disgusting...nobodies knee twists like that without blowing away ligaments. But he kept saying to the media "I'm very flexible." Yeah, no kidding!!!

Worst case scenario...back by play-offs.

chop456
12-19-05, 03:32 AM

Hopefully he'll be healed by UT's '06 homecoming so he can go back and commit some armed robberies. :p

Dr. Corkski
12-19-05, 06:25 AM
BAM!!! You catch Grossman tonight?Even Drew Tate looked like a real QB comparing to Kyle Orton. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-19-05, 10:20 AM
Hopefully he'll be healed by UT's '06 homecoming so he can go back and commit some armed robberies. :p

it's breaking & entering thank you very much. get it right! :p

Easy
12-19-05, 11:42 AM
REXY! He meant to get picked off at the goal line because he put special fumble powder on the ball. That was planned.

But seriously, it was nice seeing passes thrown to Bears receivers at chest level instead of their feet or the 3rd row of seats. And was I on heavy acid or did the Bears convert a few third downs?

Drew Tate saves, Abdul Hodge invests.

G.
12-19-05, 12:30 PM
More fun with Chicago Bear fans. (http://www.orange32.com/grabowski/) :rofl:OK, I did NOT need to see that! :flame:

:laugh:

Al Czervik
12-19-05, 12:52 PM
OMFG, I have seen the light! Rex will lead the Bears to the Super Bowl! That was all that was missing!

Kinda reminds me of a half-time conversation I heard at Soldier, circa 1992: "The Bears should put in Peter Tom Willis."
" I heard the only reason he ain't playing is that he throws the ball too hard for the receivers to catch." :laugh:

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm proven wrong, but I ain't skipping any meals saving room.

Go Bears!

dando
12-19-05, 05:38 PM
Even Drew Tate looked like a real QB comparing to Kyle Orton. :gomer:
Yeah, but how about when compared to Rogers? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-19-05, 06:31 PM
Yeah, but how about when compared to Rogers? :gomer:

-Kevin

compared to Aaron Rogers, Drew Tate is Steve Young + Troy Aikman times 10 :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
12-19-05, 07:43 PM
Compared to Craig Krenzel and Chrissy Simms, Aaron Rodgers already looks better than Joe Montana without even having to throw a pass. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-19-05, 08:29 PM
Compared to Craig Krenzel and Chrissy Simms, Aaron Rodgers already looks better than Joe Montana without even having to throw a pass. :gomer:

:rofl: getting kinda pissy for someone who supposedly doesn't care about Cal anymore.

Rogers == Holiday Bowl chokejob & bench warmer for washed up old man. The doctors are still trying to extricate Rogers' foot from his mouth. :laugh:

He sure looked like Montana when he couldn't avg 5 yards/pass vs. Tech on 40+ attempts :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
12-19-05, 08:35 PM
Even the Brooks Bollinger led Jets managed to get some points against the Patsies. What's Chrissy's excuse since the Patises weren't even wearing red jerseys? :gomer:

Ankf00
12-19-05, 09:26 PM
Even the Brooks Bollinger led Jets managed to get some points against the Patsies. What's Chrissy's excuse since the Patises weren't even wearing red jerseys? :gomer:

*shrug* didn't realize I needed to make an excuse seeing you're the one who brought him up :gomer: oh well, winning record as starter vs. bench warmer w/ 0 career starts

lemme guess, it's Mack Brown's fault Rogers can't get any PT :laugh: MB's probably why Kyle Boller & every other Tedford QB sucks balls too :gomer:

dando
12-19-05, 09:33 PM
Krenzel = Orton = Simms > Rogers. Simple math, really. :gomer: Odds are that Krenzel backs up Palmer next season.

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
12-19-05, 09:56 PM
Krenzel = Orton = Simms > Rogers.Which one was drafted in the first round? And who is this Rogers guy you two keep talking about? One coolhand is already enough here. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-19-05, 10:11 PM
Which one was drafted in the first round? And who is this Rogers guy you two keep talking about? One coolhand is already enough here. :gomer:

Ryan Leaf was the #2 pick in the draft too, what's your point? Brady was picked up in the 6th.

The biggest accomplishment on your boy's resume is he lost to USC... "but the loss was real pretty!!!" :laugh:

Funny how you call Simms a woman, when it's Rodgers that whines like bitch when he doesn't win

Tifosi24
12-19-05, 11:35 PM
To clear it up, both Christina and Erin are women.

dando
12-19-05, 11:40 PM
The biggest accomplishment on your boy's resume is he lost to USC... "but the loss was real pretty!!!"

After the TT loss, that looks more and more like the SC near miss w/Fresno St. this season. :laugh: Too bad SC dint play the right team in the BC$ Championship. :shakehead Oh wait, AU dodged SC. I forgot about that. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
12-19-05, 11:47 PM
Last night whilst extolling the virtues of Orton, the E$PN crew detailed the tough Ds Orton had faced the previous few weeks: Carolina #2, Packers #5, etc. That #5 overall D is getting spanked by an O-less Bmore team tonight. :laugh: Outside of da Bears, there just ain't a good D in the NFC. :gomer:

Oh, and Rexy starts this week against GB. Surely a true test of his skillz. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-20-05, 12:22 AM
To clear it up, both Christina and Erin are women.

Was Seneca Wallace even drafted? :gomer:

Ankf00
12-20-05, 12:34 AM
:rofl:

Rodgers fumbled on his first snap. Yep, Hall of Famer right there, claim to fame: Lost pretty to USC :laugh:

Ronbo
12-20-05, 12:49 AM
Was Seneca Wallace even drafted? :gomer:

Seneca was drafted with the 13th pick in the 4th round in the 2003 draft. And with the Seahawks and their 12-2 record, one win away from wrapping up home field advantage in the playoffs, you will see Seneca more this season. Oh, did I tell you that I am a Seahawks season ticket holder, for 26 years? Yea, thats me!

Go Hawks!!

dando
12-20-05, 12:54 AM
:rofl:

Rodgers fumbled on his first snap. Yep, Hall of Famer right there, claim to fame: Lost pretty to USC :laugh:
Ank, give him a break. He just hasn't learned how to throw the INT like Favre. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
12-20-05, 12:56 AM
Go Hawks!!
And take the Huskies with you! ;)

Seahags are my pick to make the show from the NFC. Too bad this weekend won't be a preview of the Super Bowl, tho..... :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-20-05, 01:02 AM
Ank, give him a break. He just hasn't learned how to throw the INT like Favre. :gomer:

-Kevin

you spoke too soon :laugh:

Tifosi24
12-20-05, 01:02 AM
Ank, give him a break. He just hasn't learned how to throw the INT like Favre.

He actually has learned from Favre, throwing an INT to blow a scoring drive. Rodgers is gonna have a -55 passer rating.

nrc
12-20-05, 01:10 AM
I'm glad to see that so many Sunday and Monday night games have been stinkers this season after the Bengals were passed over for home night games this year.

dando
12-20-05, 01:14 AM
I'm glad to see that so many Sunday and Monday night games have been stinkers this season after the Bengals were passed over for home night games this year.
Word. Sup with dat shizzle anyway? :saywhat: :flame: The most pathetic slate of games I have ever seen. Period. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
12-20-05, 01:16 AM
you spoke too soon :laugh:
Aye. Do you think I'm watching this ****? :laugh: I have Gamecast up and I check it occassionaly.

-Kevin

Classic Apex
12-20-05, 01:24 AM
The most pathetic slate of games I have ever seen. Period. :shakehead

-Kevin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that NBC/Sunday Night Football next year will have the option of selecting one of two games to avoid crummy match-ups like tonights game.

Only draw-back to that...NBC wil have Madden. :rolleyes:

Ankf00
12-20-05, 01:25 AM
Aaron Rodgers: 8/15, 0 TD, 1 INT, Fumbles 2, Lost 2

Mack Brown is a little... classless. He lobbied the Ravens D to pick Rodgers off :gomer:

dando
12-20-05, 01:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that NBC/Sunday Night Football next year will have the option of selecting one of two games to avoid crummy match-ups like tonights game.

Only draw-back to that...NBC wil have Madden.
You are correct. However, Fox and CBS can veto the marquee matchups being selected (like 'boyz/'skins). Plus, there is a limitation on how many appearances any team can have, so....while it will improve, it won't be perfect. So for tonight (this late in the season), you might see a Steelers/Vikes matchup rather than a Colts/Bolts. :(

And don't get me started on the NFL Sunday Ticket exclusive in DirecTV. :flame: :mad: :flame:

-Kevin

Ronbo
12-20-05, 01:50 AM
And take the Huskies with you! ;)

Seahags are my pick to make the show from the NFC. Too bad this weekend won't be a preview of the Super Bowl, tho..... :)

-Kevin

Since I am a season ticket holder, I was hoping for the baby horses to come to Seattle undefeated, so that the Hawks would be the ones who knocked them off of their perch!!

And don't call them the seahags!!

I could run down the stats, but it would not make a difference. Lets ponder a few facts....

Alexander has more td's than 8 teams. plus 1668 yds on the season.
Alexander also has 24 td's, more than 8 NFL teams!
Hasselbeck has as many td throws as 8 teams have td's, 22.
1st in 4th down conversion.
1st in 3rd down running plays.
second in points.
second in total offense
19- 80 yds or more scoring drives, (leads the NFL), including an 83 and a 93 yd scoring drive to take the lead and win the game on Sunday.
The longest run from scrimmage, 88 yds, this year.
I could go on and on, but I don't think it would matter, either way.

Only the Hawks can stop themselves!

See you in Detroit!!......(UUUHHHGGGG)

WickerBill
12-20-05, 06:40 AM
The Sunday Ticket is the greatest. Don't be baggin on DirecTV for doing what any other provider would do given the option.

In the "classic" Oat Bags vs. Sea Hags matchup Saturday, I'm guessing the Colts play starters for one half and that's it. However, I think they'll play for 3 quarters against the Cardinals.

dando
12-20-05, 12:04 PM
The Sunday Ticket is the greatest. Don't be baggin on DirecTV for doing what any other provider would do given the option.

My complaint is more about the myopic NFL and the disservice it does to it's fans than DTV. I'm not a partisan cable guy or anything (I've had both, and neither knock me out, but I can't stand rain fade :mad: ), but it seems to me that there is more to gain with a vastly larger potential audience on cable vs. satellite. Plus, due to DTV bidding up the price, the co$t of the package has almost doubled since I had it 4-5 years ago. Plus, they removed the 'lifeline' service option for <$10/mo., so it's not economically feasible (for me) to get DTV just for the package, which I used to do for both the NFL and March Madness. Now I don't do either. Oh well. Screw the fans. :(

-Kevin

Classic Apex
12-20-05, 03:55 PM
My complaint is more about the myopic NFL and the disservice it does to it's fans than DTV. I'm not a partisan cable guy or anything (I've had both, and neither knock me out, but I can't stand rain fade :mad: ), but it seems to me that there is more to gain with a vastly larger potential audience on cable vs. satellite. Plus, due to DTV bidding up the price, the co$t of the package has almost doubled since I had it 4-5 years ago. Plus, they removed the 'lifeline' service option for <$10/mo., so it's not economically feasible (for me) to get DTV just for the package, which I used to do for both the NFL and March Madness. Now I don't do either. Oh well. Screw the fans. :(

-Kevin

Too lazy to read the posts above this one, so shoot me later if I am repeating others with this...

...next year the bidding goes up again for the Sunday Ticket package stuff. Will DirectTV get to keep it? Let that bidding begin...

dando
12-20-05, 04:49 PM
Too lazy to read the posts above this one, so shoot me later if I am repeating others with this...

...next year the bidding goes up again for the Sunday Ticket package stuff. Will DirectTV get to keep it? Let that bidding begin...
DTV has the rights through 2010, which were awarded last year. I doubt bidding will happen again until '08/'09. :(

Read it and weep:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.jsp?newsId=11_08_2004B

-Kevin

Gnam
12-20-05, 05:04 PM
I don't have Sunday Ticket, but I heard games still get blacked out. Is that right?

nrc
12-20-05, 05:36 PM
I don't have Sunday Ticket, but I heard games still get blacked out. Is that right?

Games are still blacked out if you're in your team's blackout area and the game does not sell out. It was never intended as a way to get around blackouts. It's just a way for people to see games from outside their market.

I've subscribed over the years because WBNS usually showed the Browns instead of the Bengals. In the past if the game wasn't on TV we would go to Damon's and watch, so it only takes a few $40 lunches to pay the Sunday Ticket price.

These days the situation with the Browns is reversed so next season it may not be worth the cost. Add to that the fact that DirecTV wants a premium on top of the Sunday Ticket charge to get HD games and I think they're really miking it a bit too hard.

Classic Apex
12-20-05, 07:30 PM
DTV has the rights through 2010, which were awarded last year. I doubt bidding will happen again until '08/'09. :(

VERY glad to hear that. I'd collapse into a fetal postion without my NFL Sunday Ticket.

:cool: