PDA

View Full Version : IV not DFL in Quals at Phoenix!!!

pchall
03-23-03, 10:17 AM
21 out of 22

This weekend he's at least better than the temp agency owner from Wisconsin.

:rolleyes:

Railbird
03-23-03, 11:10 AM
I feel sorry for Quatro, and more than a little concern. He's been thrown in well over his head with a cranky old man serving as his crew chief/engineer. I just hope the kid doesn't hurt himself or someone else. Bad deal all around IMO.

Scott Mayer is a sick joke being played out by Barnhart's desire to meet his car count claims of earlier.

If Barnhart had half the high minded concerns that his backers claim, he would have had these two rolled right back on the trailor.

DaveL
03-23-03, 11:45 AM
Am I the only one who sees the parallels between IV and Larry?

But AJ dun won Indy 4 times so if he says his boys are good enough, dang gummit they must be.

mapguy
03-23-03, 12:03 PM
What an absolute pathetic display. Having to break out a mega-wanker like Meyer just to bump up the field to 22. They still need to dredge up another 11 wankers to fill the field for the 499.5. I shudder to think what they will bring up. '00' Gosek, Racin Gardner? Maybe Ole' AJ will shoehorn himself into a car? Is Lyn St. James busy?

Ziggy
03-23-03, 12:31 PM
Did Chevrolet withdrawl from Formula Tony?????

Go Sam
Go Sarah

Who's your favorite FNS team, Penske, Rahal or Andretti???

Ziggy

Racewriter
03-23-03, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
I feel sorry for Quatro, and more than a little concern. He's been thrown in well over his head with a cranky old man serving as his crew chief/engineer. I just hope the kid doesn't hurt himself or someone else. Bad deal all around IMO.

Scott Mayer is a sick joke being played out by Barnhart's desire to meet his car count claims of earlier.

If Barnhart had half the high minded concerns that his backers claim, he would have had these two rolled right back on the trailor.

Yep. I don't know how Barnhart came to be so worshipped...

DaveL
03-23-03, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Racewriter
Yep. I don't know how Barnhart came to be so worshipped...

It is the same cult of personality that is attached to Anton. Nothing either can do is wrong in the eyes of a Lemming, no matter how hypocritical it is or contrary with what they said the IRL was supposed to be about.

Eagle104
03-23-03, 01:40 PM
Yep, Barnhardts an 'untouchable' -- believe me.

I don't know...maybe it's his single-file Indy starts that have captured their imaginations.....

Oh...and, he does talk good.....

Napoleon
03-23-03, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
It is the same cult of personality that is attached to Anton. Nothing either can do is wrong in the eyes of a Lemming, no matter how hypocritical it is or contrary with what they said the IRL was supposed to be about.

We have a winner.

:thumbup:

Racewriter
03-23-03, 03:54 PM
To go back on-topic, Foyt IV was only 14MPH off the pace in the final practice session. Mayer was 17MPH off.

DaveL
03-23-03, 05:58 PM
To go back on-topic, Foyt IV was only 14MPH off the pace in the final practice session. Mayer was 17MPH off.

Larry and IV are wankers.

There. I said it.

Racewriter
03-23-03, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DaveL
Larry and IV are wankers.

There. I said it.

IV admitted to making contact with Hornish, which put Hornish into the wall.

DaveL
03-23-03, 08:53 PM
IV admitted to making contact with Hornish, which put Hornish into the wall.

And where was he running in the race at the time...?

Railbird
03-23-03, 09:11 PM
Quatro is just a kid off the street at this point in time, no clue and no business being there.

Mayer's "I'm so sorry' was classic wanker.

Sean O'Gorman
03-23-03, 11:56 PM
I didn't really see much of the race, what exactly did A.J. the 1/4th do today?

pchall
03-25-03, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by SOG35

He helped put the Cornish Game Hen in the wall and then retired early with "handling" difficulties.

cart7
03-25-03, 11:14 AM
originally posted by SOG35

He made Shiggy look good. ;)

Mayer and IVth are replacing Herb and Debris as irl field fillers and carbon fiber crunchers. Lot's of good crash data to be derived with these 2 in the field.:gomer:

JLMannin
03-25-03, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
What an absolute pathetic display. Having to break out a mega-wanker like Meyer just to bump up the field to 22. They still need to dredge up another 11 wankers to fill the field for the 499.5. I shudder to think what they will bring up. '00' Gosek, Racin Gardner? Maybe Ole' AJ will shoehorn himself into a car? Is Lyn St. James busy?

Don't forget Danny Ongias.

devilmaster
03-25-03, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by cart7
He made Shiggy look good. ;)

My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Steve

pchall
03-25-03, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by JLMannin
Don't forget Danny Ongias.

Once upon a time in the late 70s and early 80s Danny Ongais was much too talented to be placed in this group.

JLMannin
03-25-03, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Once upon a time in the late 70s and early 80s Danny Ongais was much too talented to be placed in this group.

Yes, I agree. But the 1996 deal was what I was referring to.

Of course, Gordon Johncock coming off his tractor in Michigan to qualify on the second weekend at indy in 1992 was similar. He ended up finishing 6th.

FortyOneFord
03-26-03, 01:34 AM
Must be his equipment.

Oh wait, he has the same exact stuff ganASSi has, or does he? ;)

He has no business "racing" these cars