PDA

View Full Version : Legge Champ Car testing: the power of good PR and results

pchall
12-12-05, 04:57 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/21184/

Legge to Get Early Champ Car Debut with Rocketsports
Written by: RACER staff London, UK – 12/12/2005

Legge will drive a Champ Car just four days after her first A1GP experience at Dubai last Friday. (LAT Photo)

Katherine Legge had to leave Dubai early, where he sampled an A1 Grand Prix car for the first time last Friday, to get ready for her maiden Champ Car test - not with PKV Racing but with Paul Gentilozzi’s Rocketsports team.

The Briton will drive for Rocketsports at Sebring tomorrow, a week before the two-day sessions she’s set to have with Kevin Kalkhoven’s PKV team.

Seat time before the PKV test could only be a good thing, right?

I do hope it is not too much too soon, since she does have three more formula car wins than 'someboditrca' else.

mueber
12-12-05, 06:13 PM
It's a good thing if she's ready. It's a bad thing if she's not. My hope is that, if she's not, no one will push her to go into Champ Car just to give the series some "positive" PR. In the long run, a Katherine Legge who is ready to race will be a lot better PR than a Katherine Legge who is a gimmick.

Since I think she has real potential, I'm hoping both she and the people who advise her will be wise.

SID
12-12-05, 08:11 PM
I don't think you need to worry about Katherine going if she is not ready. She's smart enough to not want to go up a level yet. But LOOK OUT IN 2007!

coolhand
12-12-05, 08:29 PM
CCWS is doing a good job of keeping steady and good press out on this front, she is helping Atlantics and CCWS with this little bi of exposure in A1 and F1.

racer2c
12-13-05, 12:07 AM
Seat time before the PKV test could only be a good thing, right?

I do hope it is not too much too soon, since she does have three more formula car wins than 'someboditrca' else.

Theoretically yes, but that bozo might scare her off for good.

NismoZ
12-13-05, 10:15 AM
I think it MAY have more to do with there being a greater liklihood of an opening at Rocketsports than at PKV. With RHR "talking" to AGR perhaps daMatta won't take that offer and is staying? If Glock heads to GP2 then PG needs to test people. My hunch is owners (except maybe Haas) are working much more closely together in the last couple of seasons to make sure the teams are provided for.

Insomniac
12-15-05, 12:15 PM
I think it MAY have more to do with there being a greater liklihood of an opening at Rocketsports than at PKV. With RHR "talking" to AGR perhaps daMatta won't take that offer and is staying? If Glock heads to GP2 then PG needs to test people. My hunch is owners (except maybe Haas) are working much more closely together in the last couple of seasons to make sure the teams are provided for.

Well, looks like RHR or da Matta aren't going to AGR unless they're going to add a fifth full time entry.

NismoZ
12-15-05, 12:37 PM
A 5th full-timer isn't likely but certainly possible given how desperate the whole show seems to be getting. To me it now looks like daMatta and Pantano at PKV unless Jimmy impresses himself at the test next week! :D Legge will run in Atlantics even if she gains speed in the PKV test over the Rocketsports car. RHR is perhaps the odd man, aced out by an 18 year old. I'm trying to figure out who PG can get to replace Glock. Briscoe? Daziel? We need a few 3-car teams!

Jervis Tetch 1
12-16-05, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing if she's ready. It's a bad thing if she's not. My hope is that, if she's not, no one will push her to go into Champ Car just to give the series some "positive" PR. In the long run, a Katherine Legge who is ready to race will be a lot better PR than a Katherine Legge who is a gimmick.

Since I think she has real potential, I'm hoping both she and the people who advise her will be wise. :thumbup:

NismoZ
12-21-05, 08:33 AM
Katherine Legge from a 53.2 last week to a 52.0 at Sebring in the PKV car Tues. (Bruno and Pantano were at 50.9)