PDA

View Full Version : A Schuey-Free Podium Again!!!

RaceChic
03-23-03, 10:15 AM
Formula One Is Interesting Again!!!!!!!!!

And I thought it was going to be another dull year with opportunities to sleep in and naps. I am actually looking forward to F1 every week!

Congratulations to Kimi on his first win! The Iceman really deserves it and has proven himself!:thumbup:

And did the Chin really mess up that attempted pass or what at the beginning???!!!???:shakehead

Eagle104
03-23-03, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
And did the Chin really mess up that attempted pass or what at the beginning???!!!???:shakehead

Ha..yeah, not too 'greastest ever' looking, was he?

Kate
04-10-03, 12:55 PM
Watch Mik HAIL (as he then was) in the 1993 Benetton and you'll see the same guy we've seen over the first 3 races this year.

Without contractual guarantees and a terrorized field to bow him past, he's just another guy. And he can't stand it.

RaceChic
04-10-03, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Kate
Watch Mik HAIL (as he then was) in the 1993 Benetton and you'll see the same guy we've seen over the first 3 races this year.

Without contractual guarantees and a terrorized field to bow him past, he's just another guy. And he can't stand it.

Kate, I like you already...........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And, Welcome.:gomer:

Kate
04-10-03, 10:13 PM
:D I'm a Prost girl and always will be ... and that German boy will never be his equal.

GrandView
04-20-03, 11:29 AM
:D I'm a Prost girl and always will be ... and that German boy will never be his equal.

That "German boy" has already surpassed your idol..........in case you hadn't noticed.

GV

Kate
04-20-03, 09:23 PM
He did it by cheating. That doesn't count. (and spare me, please, the attempt to justify his cheating by pointing out that he got away with it. That he had accomplices does not make it right.)

In case you hadn't noticed, unsportsmanlike conduct is nothing to be proud of, and "win at all costs" was ugly when Senna did it and is still ugly today.

Cam
04-20-03, 09:36 PM
[i]In case you hadn't noticed, unsportsmanlike conduct is nothing to be proud of, and "win at all costs" was ugly when Senna did it and is still ugly today. [/B]

Senna was Never GIFTED a win........

Dr. Corkski
04-20-03, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Prost never took anyone out on purpose to win a championship, and then he never whined about it when he got a dose of his own medicine. :rolleyes:

Kate
04-21-03, 06:33 AM
Correct, he never did take anyone out on purpose. He didn't bow Senna past him when Senna believed (as Michael does) that everyone was required to do so; and Senna admitted, after 2 years of lying, that he had in fact deliberately rammed Prost off the track with no thought of either his life or his own life. And if you were listening in 1989, it was Senna doing the whining, to the point where he almost lost his Superlicense for bringing the sport into disrepute by accusing the head of F1 of being in collusion with Prost to fix the race.

And in Estoril Senna risked the lives of more than 100 people when he ran Prost so close to the wall that if the cars had touched, they would have locked wheels and flown over the pit wall, killing both drivers and a great many people in pit lane -- for no reason other than forcing Prost to let him by right that minute. From that point started the feud that lasted til the last race the two raced together.

The sad thing about Schumacher is that he probably doesn't need to cheat, but now everybody believes that he does. And judging by the look on Ralf's face at Austria last year, I would be willing to bet that this is not the way their mother brought them up to behave.

Dr. Corkski
04-21-03, 06:54 AM
Correct, he never did take anyone out on purpose. He didn't bow Senna past him when Senna believed (as Michael does) that everyone was required to do so; and Senna admitted, after 2 years of lying, that he had in fact deliberately rammed Prost off the track with no thought of either his life or his own life. And if you were listening in 1989, it was Senna doing the whining, to the point where he almost lost his Superlicense for bringing the sport into disrepute by accusing the head of F1 of being in collusion with Prost to fix the race.

And in Estoril Senna risked the lives of more than 100 people when he ran Prost so close to the wall that if the cars had touched, they would have locked wheels and flown over the pit wall, killing both drivers and a great many people in pit lane -- for no reason other than forcing Prost to let him by right that minute. From that point started the feud that lasted til the last race the two raced together.

The sad thing about Schumacher is that he probably doesn't need to cheat, but now everybody believes that he does. And judging by the look on Ralf's face at Austria last year, I would be willing to bet that this is not the way their mother brought them up to behave. :rolleyes:

Prost's car was relatively damage free after that collision but he retired because he knew full well that taking out Senna was all he needed to do. He also said that he was not going to let Senna by, and clearly turned in early when Senna was drawing alongside.

It's was pretty obvious that the FIA and Balestre had a hard on for Prost just like you do with any low level non-American wanker rejects that bought a ride in CART.

Ziggy
04-21-03, 11:00 AM
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

F1 racing has always favored someone. Either a tire manufacture, an engine builder, shocks, electronics etc. I think calling Michael an out and out "cheater" is a bit over the top. His sportsmanship is somewhat in question (from this end anyhow) and I agree with the statements on Senna... however... on this message board everyone pretty much knows the score... and this will lead to nothing but hurt feelings, and posters who give up.

Is Michael "unsportive"? What are the stakes? How many have come and gone during his F1 tenure? How many races, championships has he won? It's the history of the sport which unfolds with each round of the championship. Schumacher is without a doubt one of the all time greats behind the wheel. In this day and age it is up to the driver to influence the direction of the team. Michael has done and outstanding job of getting people on the same page working for a common goal, The World Championship.

No one can deny him that

Ziggy
who likes to see him lose, heck, I got sick of watching Prost win all the time

GrandView
04-21-03, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Yeah, Prost never took anyone out on purpose to win a championship, and then he never whined about it when he got a dose of his own medicine. :rolleyes:

My God......

Prost invented whining!

It's a habit he nurtured throughout his career.......and retains to this day!

GV