PDA

View Full Version : Danny Sullivan kills a whore

High Sided
12-10-05, 02:12 PM
at least that is the story line on miami vice on tvland now :laugh:

theunions
12-10-05, 02:26 PM
I thought he was a suspect, not the actual killer, who offs himself in a most unsatisfying manner in the final frame?

Sean O'Gorman
12-10-05, 02:32 PM
I think it was his dad that killed the whore.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm watching this. I've seen the episode before though, the racing action pretty much was only in the beginning, right?

High Sided
12-10-05, 02:52 PM
I think it was his dad that killed the whore.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm watching this. I've seen the episode before though, the racing action pretty much was only in the beginning, right?

first shot of real race cars was 45minutes into the show, this has to be the worste acting i've ever seen.

dando
12-10-05, 03:39 PM
first shot of real race cars was 45minutes into the show, this has to be the worste acting i've ever seen.
One word: Driven. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
12-10-05, 04:23 PM
I was way off then. At least the racing footage was cool to watch, but why did the 962 sound like a V-8?

theunions
12-10-05, 04:25 PM
Wasn't Danny on one of the daytime soaps prior to this (long before it was fashionable for the likes of Casey Mears to make cameos)?

And wasn't the storyline loosely inspired by the real-life Miami GP veteran (Chris something or another) who was a serial killer or rapist?

Lux Interior
12-10-05, 07:44 PM
One word: Driven. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Look man, don't rag on Driven, it's a great flick.

Sincerely,

Rookie Sensation Jimmy Bly.

TKGAngel
12-10-05, 08:06 PM
Great thread title. :)

Sullivan had horrible acting in this episode. Was it me, or was he always shreiking?

redmist
12-10-05, 08:34 PM
that is a good thread title, if i had a band that's what i would name it. :D

pchall
12-11-05, 10:42 AM
You need to remember that Miami Vice was a product of mid 80s style over substance. It never aspired to be a realistic or accurate police procedural in the current CSI oeuvre.

Classic Apex
12-12-05, 01:09 AM
This definitely gets my vote for "best thread title ever."

:D

Accipiter
12-12-05, 01:40 PM
It never aspired to be a realistic or accurate police procedural in the current CSI oeuvre.

Accurate? You obviously didn't watch the CSI: Miami Grand Prix episode. It was much less apirations of accuracy than it was pretentions of it. ;)

pchall
12-12-05, 05:25 PM
I was way off then. At least the racing footage was cool to watch, but why did the 962 sound like a V-8?

For the same reason the "speeders" in various Star Wars 2 films sound like the turbo V8s we all love. That's why they have sound editors -- to replace 'lousy' reality sound with great sounding 'reality'. Too bad Stanley Kubrick isn't about to explain what he did with sound in the possibilities of his films. :(

DagoFast
12-12-05, 07:38 PM
This definitely gets my vote for "best thread title ever."

:D

LOL, agreed. When I first saw it, I thought he might have whacked Rahal.

Jervis Tetch 1
12-16-05, 01:59 PM
All I know is that I remember seeing Danny Sullivan at some dumb Hollywood award ceremony accompanied by that "talented" actress Lisa Hartman. I know she planted a kiss on his cheek.

She must of liked Clint Black's cheek better.

theunions
01-02-06, 04:04 PM
Until yesterday, I had always thought Danny's acting career didn't begin until he was a known quantity stateside. Then I saw the feature article on drivers turned "thespians" in the current issue of Autosport, which led with his role in "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase" from 1976 (which the article described solely as a "sexploitation classic"). I'd never heard of it before.

The sepia-toned photo used to illustrate the film is rather R-rated. But it's not Danny who leaves nothing to the imagination, unlike Mike Hiss, but his unidentified female co-star.

From Richard Heseltine's article:

But it was his casting as up-and-coming racing driver Danny Tepper in a 1986 episode ofMiami Vice that truly saw him stretch his thesping muscle(s). Against a backdrop of the Miami Grand Prix, a Porsche 906 - though referred to as a Lotus Esprit - streaks past fashion victims Crockett and Tubbs, a slain prostitute being jettisoned along the way. That's because it's being driven by sportscar ace Frank Tepper, Danny's 'dad.' What happens next is a bit of a blur as retinas were damaged on witnessing Don Johnson's pastel pink apparel, although we imagine it all turned out for the best. Unless you were Tepper Sr. Or the prostitute.

rabbit
01-02-06, 04:19 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0838020/

Michaelhatesfans
01-04-06, 02:54 AM
...Then I saw the feature article on drivers turned "thespians" in the current issue of Autosport, which led with his role in "The Great Texas Dynamite Chase"...
Ah, I know it well! When we first got our VCR, someone gave us a copy of that one. Boobs, boobs, and more boobs! I was about fourteen, and that movie contributed to the premature wear and tear on the rewind and the pause buttons. Makes my wrist sore just thinking about it.

theunions
01-04-06, 04:48 AM
Ah, I know it well! When we first got our VCR, someone gave us a copy of that one. Boobs, boobs, and more boobs! I was about fourteen, and that movie contributed to the premature wear and tear on the rewind and the pause buttons. Makes my wrist sore just thinking about it.

So was Danny the biggest boob of them all? :D

Michaelhatesfans
01-05-06, 01:01 PM
So was Danny the biggest boob of them all? :D
I didn't even notice him, for some reason... :p

Rocketdoc
01-06-06, 01:35 AM
Couldn't have... someone said they saw Tony George just today....

Mike Kellner
01-08-06, 09:09 PM
My favorite part on Danny's Bio at IMDb.....

Trivia
Winner of the 1985 Indianapolis 500, auto race. :laugh:

That's trivia, and his acting career isn't?

mk