PDA

View Full Version : NismoZ To Test ChampCar!

NismoZ
12-10-05, 08:52 AM
Been hoping. Richard Lyons has had 5 years of racing in Japan and will test for Rocketsports next week. Formula Nippon and Japan GT champ in '04, says the power to weight from Nippon to CC is similar and "is looking for the next challenge." With Glock looking at GP2 and RHR maybe in at AGR :eek: , PG needs a new guy. I hope Lyons tests well! Too bad he has no sponsor.

nissan gtp
12-10-05, 09:57 AM
Too bad he has no sponsor.

oh, too bad he didn't do better :laugh:

NEXT !

NismoZ
12-10-05, 10:29 AM
My understanding is the GT guys got their rides based on ability not how much cash they could bring to the party. If you are talking about the most recent results you are correct, he didn't pull off another double championship season, if that's what you meant. I'd rather see a race driver come to CC over a tester.

RHR_Fan
12-10-05, 11:22 AM
Ryan to AGR? Where's that rumour coming from?

~Nicole

Fio1
12-10-05, 11:28 AM
Richard Lyons is VERY GOOD, which makes me doubt very much he'll go to Rocketsport. He'll test, realise that these guys aren't very professional and start shopping for a better team. Testing goes both ways, team looking at driver, and driver looking at team.

trish
12-10-05, 11:32 AM

~Nicole
He was seen at their shop I guess, sometime last week. Whatever. I hope everything works out for him. I really feel sorry for any openwheel driver who actually wants to race. IRL is the only one who pays it seems. They still suck though.

Cam
12-10-05, 11:56 AM

~Nicole

Nym #3 coming up for Nicole! :rofl:

NismoZ
12-10-05, 01:46 PM
I also believe if it is true AGR will be the only team getting free Hondas (+ Danica) they could make RHR an offer he'd be silly to turn down. He could get a lot more than last season as opposed to not racing ANYwhere! I'm just wondering if he gets an AGR offer does that mean daMatta turned down HIS offer? I'm sure RHR would agree to drive in circles for a LOT less than Cris.

RHR_Fan
12-10-05, 04:30 PM
Nym #3 coming up for Nicole! :rofl:

What does nym stand for? Am I just out of the loop?

~Nicole