PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about putting on a party

DjDrOmusic
12-09-05, 12:50 PM
I've been thinking about putting together a race watch party, like I used to, here in CBus, for the Long Beach race. I have a place in mind with hotels within crawling distance, a lot restaurants and things to keepyou entertained. I know it's early but just give me some idea if I should go ahead with planning one.

dando
12-09-05, 01:05 PM
I'm in, but the commute is a short one for me. :)

Too bad Bumpers no longer exists. :(

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
12-09-05, 01:09 PM
I know, but JB was fighting a losing battle against the city and his business neighbors. When he finally listened to his partner and changed the name and the way he always did things, it was the final nail in the coffin. The place I have in mind, everyone will like.

dando
12-09-05, 03:22 PM
I know, but JB was fighting a losing battle against the city and his business neighbors. When he finally listened to his partner and changed the name and the way he always did things, it was the final nail in the coffin. The place I have in mind, everyone will like.
Whatever entity took them over also failed, so 1138 is back up for sale in case you're looking. ;)

JB missed the boat when he didn't move the place after the zoning requests failed. Coaches and BWs ate his lunch after that. I wish someone would grab is smmich recipes and open up Bumpers II. I also want the Herta's "Vasserized" nose from the US 500. :thumbup:

Now back to your regularly schedule thread....

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
12-09-05, 04:21 PM
Whatever entity took them over also failed, so 1138 is back up for sale in case you're looking. ;)

JB missed the boat when he didn't move the place after the zoning requests failed. Coaches and BWs ate his lunch after that. I wish someone would grab is smmich recipes and open up Bumpers II. I also want the Herta's "Vasserized" nose from the US 500. :thumbup:

Now back to your regularly schedule thread....

-Kevin

I have the recipe for Turkey in the Slaw, plus a few others, let me know which ones you want.....and sorry to burst your hopes but I also have the Vasserized nose! To paraphrase Mel Brooks, It's good to be the DJ! ;) :D

dando
12-09-05, 04:33 PM
I have the recipe for Turkey in the Slaw, plus a few others, let me know which ones you want.....and sorry to burst your hopes but I also have the Vasserized nose! To paraphrase Mel Brooks, It's good to be the DJ! ;) :D
Damn! You da man. :thumbup: There wasn't a thing on that menu I didn't like. TBDBITL and the Chicago Clubs were prolly my faves other than the best Philly Cheesesteak in Cbus. any idea what Dan's up to these days?

-Kevin

DjDrOmusic
12-09-05, 04:46 PM
To be honest I haven't heard from Dan since the week that they closed down. He called me to say that JB wanted to talk with me about a private party, told me he doubted the party would be at the bar, and thanked me for being a good friend. It was sad when it closed. I actually heard Daddy Wags talking about his old Bumpers jacket on the air last week, you could tell by his voice that he misses the place also.

DjDrOmusic
12-09-05, 04:51 PM
By the way, if I do this party I'll bring the nosecone with me! But it goes home with me also!! ;) :D

tantra
12-20-05, 05:08 PM
I voted for the party and will attend.

Thanks for working on this gathering again.

Dave