PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Qualifying

RaceGrrl
03-22-03, 05:31 PM
I'm not a Francophobe, but I do like having someone to root against, so it may as well be Zebastard Bidet. It remains to be seen if he can keep it together with Tracy on his ass (personally, I don't think he can.)

I'm disappointed that Vasser, PT and Carpentier weren't on track for the last qualifying session and that Manning's car broke early.

It seems to me that they need to open up that chicane a little. I know that the drivers will use the curbs if they can, but is it worth it considering the number of cars damaged by them?

That's all I've got... your thoughts?

BTW: best quote by TK: "That's a great spread," referring to Danica's FHM photo shoot. :D

03-22-03, 05:48 PM
Great session from Sebastian. I'm sure Junky is scratching his head as he was over a second off his teammate's pace. However, I know Bruno encountered a lot of traffic, too.

Excellent job by Tags, as well. He must have pulled that lap off on his very last lap. Also, Alex Yoong did okay for his first session in CART. At least he wasn't last...

Should be exciting tomorrow. The first few laps are going to worthwhile to watch since the track is so slippery.

I hope Vasser & Ryan do well tomorrow.

Lizzerd
03-22-03, 07:27 PM
Junky had a hot lap ruined by Haberfeld, I think. I don't know if he would have picked up a second, but he was clearly unpleased.

Speed cut away before Tag crossed on his last banzai lap. Too bad.

Did anybody else catch the comment on T&S of Dale Coyne to Alex Yoong after quals were checkered? Something like "Good job. You're improving. You're not on the last row."

Gurneyflap
03-22-03, 08:37 PM
Curbs don't cause damage. People driving over them do. Can't whine about being held up. It always happens. Can't complain about people sitting out. Rules say it's OK. Rain 'll change that! Good session. Please let there be racing/passing SOMEwhere!

RaceChic
03-22-03, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Zebastard Bidet

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know, I'm easily amused............:(:laugh: :(

Railbird
03-22-03, 09:39 PM
Bourdais looked strong, now if N/H can avoid waltzing on their weiner we'll see if the young lad's racecraft is up to snuff.

PT will be the weekend favorite with his cold tire skills on a slippery track.

With Tags, Sevia and Junky in close pursuit the fight at the front should be intense.

The Reynard brigade should show some flash with Yimmy charging from behind and the Manning/Haberfeld duo out to ruffle some feathers.

Fenster
03-22-03, 10:52 PM
Oriol had to be pissed when Tag blocked his last flyer only to run off the track in turn one.

Junky was blocked again by his friend, Mario Haberfeld. These two might just come to blows by Long Beach.

I am worried that Americans will dislike Bourdais simply because he is French. Listen, just as there are Americans that do not support the war, there are French who may not have the same views as their leaders. Give the guy a break. In the meantime, his magic on track is enough for me to enjoy watching the guy work. Lets hope that he and PT give us some thrills tomorrow.

--Fenster.

Railbird
03-22-03, 11:17 PM
Lamarie has been coached this week on his responses to questions about the Iraq conflict.

Can't afford to piss off a potential sponsor.

Fenster
03-23-03, 12:33 AM
For f**** sake! People shouldn't even be asking him questions about the war in the first place! Or Bourdais for that matter! Or anyone! This is a race weekend and they aren't running for political office... they are driving a frickin' race car! God... all this s**** is driving me nuts! Too many people think they are war and political experts. Too many people want to tell you how they think it should be done. ENOUGH ALREADY!

(Thank you... this rant was brought to you courtesy of OC Forums. However... it was not directed at anyone specifically on the OC Forums, so please do not take offense. The views here do not necessarily reflect the views of others posting here or those that run the site. However... it is called free speach. Again.. thank you for listening. ;) )

--Fenster.:(

skidmarks
03-23-03, 09:31 AM
I agree Fenster, too often we get to hear opinions from people who have no bearing on the situation.

Let the drivers drive, the actors act, the singers sing, and the politicans define policy, you can vote out the elected, but we can't seem to get rid of Barbara Streisand :saywhat: orsumptinlikethat.

DaveL
03-23-03, 11:55 AM
I'm with Fenster.

And I can't begin to say how repulsed I am to see that kind of hostility towards a driver because of his nationality. It is xenophobia and bigotry at its worse.

pchall
03-23-03, 12:02 PM
One of the reasons these forums came to be was because of the inability of posters at another place to read and understand a joke.

Lighten up, Francis.

Gurneyflap
03-23-03, 02:41 PM
Have to tell ya, seriously, it never crossed my mind (in quite the same way some of you seem to be suggesting) that Bourdais is "French." I must be a TRUE race fan!