PDA

View Full Version : SNOW

Ankf00
12-07-05, 12:03 AM
THERE'S GOING TO BE ****ING SNOW.

WHAT THE **** DID I GET MYSELF INTO?

I'M GOING TO BE DRIVING THROUGH SNOW. I'M GOING TO BE DRIVING TO WORK ON THE I-30 ELEVATED OVER THE TRINITY RIVER FLOOD PLAIN FOR A MILE ON ****ING ICE!

THURSDAY MORNING IS GOING TO BE 14 BELOW FREEZING. FOUR ****ING TEEN BELOW FREEZING!!!!!!

THIS IS TEXAS!!! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BELOW FREEZING!!! FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE FOR WHEN MY DUMBASS TAKES BIZ TRAVEL TO YANKEELAND!!!! THE LAST TIME I SAW SNOW I WAS SICK FOR 2 WEEKS AND HAD A 105 FEVER FOR A WEEK!!!!

SNOW!!!!!! :eek:

:flame: It's all an evil Canuckistani conspiracy I tells ya. I bet Steve's behind it too. :saywhat:

G.
12-07-05, 12:07 AM
wuss. That is all.

Anteater
12-07-05, 12:08 AM
Yikes, be careful out there, Ank! Not only is the weather gonna suck, but you'll be out among a bunch of people who aren't used to driving in snow, either. :eek:

No snow here in sunny So. Cal. BTW. :p

dando
12-07-05, 12:18 AM
d00d, I warned you. :rofl: Don't doubt the wx geek, aye? :) I suspect they'll shutdown much of DFW if that's the case. I also gave some **** the other day to another buddy down AUS way (not Teemu, he's freaking Finnish) after he bragged about Thxgiving wx in the 80s. For some reason, I haven't heard back from him since. :gomer: It's gonna freeze all the way to the Gulf Coast, homey.

One would think they would be smart enuff in Big D not to build elevated roads that long. Freezing wx in north TX is not uncommon.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, snow goter's gonna have it much worse.

DENVER - Bitterly cold arctic air continued to funnel into the Rocky Mountains and Midwest on Tuesday, sending temperatures plummeting below zero throughout much of the region. A storm front creeping south since the weekend has driven down temperatures from Montana to the Midwest. With a brisk wind, it felt like 15 below zero Tuesday in Sioux Falls, S.D. _ where Wednesday's forecast high was a miserly 5 degrees.

Jackson, Wyo., was expecting an overnight low of minus 17 while the forecast for Bozeman, Mont., was minus 13.

The mercury dropped below zero before sunset in Casper, Wyo., and Gunnison, Colo., was bracing for another frigid night after a low of 24 below zero overnight Monday. Forecasts called for a low of minus 25 in the Colorado ski resort town of Steamboat Springs.

-Kevin

Lizzerd
12-07-05, 12:20 AM
What a wimp. Deal with it. Everybody else will be too.

:rolleyes: :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
12-07-05, 12:23 AM
I will take 14 below freezing right now. :cry:

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-05, 12:23 AM
http://www.ncaabbs.com/funnies/general/wahmbulance.jpg

race chica
12-07-05, 12:24 AM
Get over it, its just frozen water. Be happy its not in negitive digits right now.

dando
12-07-05, 12:29 AM
Get over it, its just frozen water. Be happy its not in negitive digits right now.
Wouldn't wanna be in yer snow shoes right now. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-07-05, 12:30 AM
I will take 14 below freezing right now. :cry:

s'what you get for leaving socal for corn country :p

devilmaster
12-07-05, 12:33 AM
Jesus H Christ. :shakehead

Its frozen water you p****! It ain't the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse or anything like that.....

Save the caps lock typing for something really incredible - like Tony George making a smart decision.

Do what I do, first good snowfall, wait till night, then go driving! No traffic, and its alot of fun, and good to re-acquaint yourself with driving in bad conditions. Be able to drive those bridges tomorrow cause you practiced tonite! What a concept!!! Ya know, Its snowing up here and some guys are still looking for tee times for tomorrow morning.....

Hell, the guys more northern than this have the ice races going already. Some of the Villeneuves did that, iirc.

devilmaster
12-07-05, 12:37 AM
Here ya go, ank. Start your own texas chapter.....

http://www.casc.on.ca/iceRacing.php

nrc
12-07-05, 12:46 AM
Perhaps kharmic justice for your weather remarks?

Next up: 2006 Longhorns 0-12

Better start making your list, Earl.

anait
12-07-05, 12:48 AM
:rofl: Ank, darlin', c'mon up to Manitoba and we'll teach you how to drive and survive in wintry conditions (as was said in another thread, once you know what to do, most of surviving involves steering clear of those who DON'T know what they're doing). :D

And we'll outfit you in proper cold weather gear, too. Heck, I've been wearing scarves, mitts, turtlenecks, warm socks and kick@ss winter boots for weeks now. :p And I got to practice skid control today, driving the big ol' Ford 250 on glare ice. Good times.

Methanolandbrats
12-07-05, 12:54 AM
Don't panic. Here's what ya need: 500 small hex head sheet metal screws, a screw gun and a case of beer. Stay up all night screwing the sheet metal screws into the tread blocks of all four tires as you drink the beer. After you've put a hundred or so screws in each tire, go outside and pee your name in the snow. Celebrate a job well done. Get up the next morning and put your foot in it. No matter how much ice there is, you'll be fine http://www.atvsource.com/images/article_images/racing/2001/ice_racing/ice_ws_10.jpg :thumbup:

skaven
12-07-05, 02:37 AM
I was in Phoenix for work last night and today. Last time I was in Phoenix it was 114. Today it was pleasant and balmy in a new Ford Mustang compliments of a fortunate accident at the rental counter. :thumbup:

When I took off for Seattle on Sunday, the Socal guys behind me were commenting on the de-icing at DIA "using steam to get rid of the ice." :laugh:

Some people just don't understand the concept that water freezes when it gets cold... and even steam gets cold.

oh yeah, and then I landed at DIA tonight and, like Dano pointed out, it was crazy cold and snowy. Back over the passes tomorrow to home snowy home.

Unlike Anait, we'll have a heat wave of sunny days soon, so I'm not complaining, but then neither is she. Don't worry Trixie, the Jetta will work just fine.

Good thing O'Gorman brought the Wahhmbulance for you just in case though. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-07-05, 02:45 AM
Don't worry Trixie

Takes one to know one :p

coolhand
12-07-05, 03:04 AM
http://www.ncaabbs.com/funnies/general/wahmbulance.jpg
:rofl:

skaven
12-07-05, 03:14 AM
Takes one to know one :p

Well, sure ... :o but I sold the Jetta to a hippy bartender in Boulder.

After the sell, I used to get free rounds before she road tripped out of town with my old car plastered in "I'm So High" bumper stickers. :(

Stu
12-07-05, 08:45 AM

I'M GOING TO BE DRIVING THROUGH SNOW. I'M GOING TO BE DRIVING TO WORK ON THE I-30 ELEVATED OVER THE TRINITY RIVER FLOOD PLAIN FOR A MILE ON ****ING ICE!

THURSDAY MORNING IS GOING TO BE 14 BELOW FREEZING. FOUR ****ING TEEN BELOW FREEZING!!!!!!

THIS IS TEXAS!!! IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BELOW FREEZING!!! FREEZING TEMPERATURES ARE FOR WHEN MY DUMBASS TAKES BIZ TRAVEL TO YANKEELAND!!!! THE LAST TIME I SAW SNOW I WAS SICK FOR 2 WEEKS AND HAD A 105 FEVER FOR A WEEK!!!!

:flame: It's all an evil Canuckistani conspiracy I tells ya. I bet Steve's behind it too. :saywhat:

Ank, what size do you wear so we know what size dress we can get you for Christmas.

TKGAngel
12-07-05, 09:33 AM
Not to sound unsympathetic, but put on your big boy underoos and deal with it. Drive slow, watch out for the other idiots on the road, and just be careful.

chop456
12-07-05, 09:40 AM
If you have to shovel your car out, wear thick gloves as to not break a nail, Ms. Wusswagon.

emjaya
12-07-05, 09:40 AM
Snow,never seen it.

My dad never saw it .

My Uncle was 70 before he saw it.

He did'nt like it.

He said it was cold and wet.

Is it really cold and wet,Ank? :laugh:

Take care :)

rabbit
12-07-05, 09:45 AM
Don't mess with Ohio. :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
12-07-05, 11:02 AM

That's what you get for moving to Southern Oklahoma . . . you never should have gone any farther north than Huntsville. . .

Ankf00
12-07-05, 11:12 AM
That's what you get for moving to Southern Oklahoma . . . you never should have gone any farther north than Huntsville. . .

I know, I know :(

Gnam
12-07-05, 01:02 PM
Live near the snow, not in it. -14F **** that ****. :thumdown:

chop456
12-07-05, 01:12 PM
Live near the snow, not in it. -14F **** that ****. :thumdown:

Ank's crying about 18F, not -14F. -14F is actually cold. :D

G.
12-07-05, 01:46 PM
Back in the mid '90's, my car overheated on a day when it was -15F.

My thermostat was stuck open and needed to be replaced. I lived in an apt., had no tools to speak of and, hELls BeLLs, it was 15 below zero. My commute was fairly short, so I would finally get heat about the time I turned into the parking lot. No biggie, right?

Well no one ever told me that if your thermostat was stuck open, then one day you might go out into your car and it may have decided to become stuck closed.

I actually had good heat that commute day. :D

(no, there wasn't ice in the engine block/radiator, it was the thermostat.)

Ankf00
12-07-05, 02:00 PM
Ank's crying about 18F, not -14F. -14F is actually cold. :D
I beg to differ. :mad: :p

dando
12-07-05, 02:13 PM
I beg to differ. :mad: :p
Wuss. I don't even wear a coat until it's in the teenies and the wind is blowin'. :p

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
12-07-05, 02:13 PM
-14 is not even cold if it's calm and a nice sunny day. I work on my car without gloves then. Cold is when any combination of wind and temperature feels like a punch in the face and you have to walk backwards into the wind. An example is -25F with 35mph NW winds.......we had an ice race on a day like that and it was one of the only times I thought it was cold. I love winter. Cold weather and snow is so much better than bugs and that hot, humid southern weather. I hate summer.

Ankf00
12-07-05, 02:16 PM
Wuss. I don't even wear a coat until it's in the teenies and the wind is blowin'. :p

-Kevin

they F'ed up the HVAC in the new building we moved into this summer... the server room/closet has 5 loaded cabinets and 1 incoming vent, one day someone shut the door to the closet unknowingly and fried a couple of servers, so now...

instead of rerouting some vents to provide more airflow to said closet like a smart person would... they cool the entire building to about 60 w/ max air flow... with a vent blowing right on top of me :mad:, so I've been wearing my ski jacket for about 2.5 solid months indoors now :D

dando
12-07-05, 02:19 PM
-14 is not even cold if it's calm and a nice sunny day. I work on my car without gloves then. Cold is when any combination of wind and temperature feels like a punch in the face and you have to walk backwards into the wind. An example is -25F with 35mph NW winds.......we had an ice race on a day like that and it was one of the only times I thought it was cold. I love winter. Cold weather and snow is so much better than bugs and that hot, humid southern weather. I hate summer.

:saywhat:
Ya'll are just...different...up there (and I know from experience). :D :gomer:

I can't blame you on summer up there. The state bird is killer up there. West Nile heaven (or hell).

-Kevin

RacinM3
12-07-05, 02:24 PM
What a pansy-ass! Go out and buy a Subaru WRX STi and make lemonade out of those lemons life appears to be throwing your way!

Stu
12-07-05, 02:26 PM
You know, I think this thread has the most people in agreement about the same topic since I've posted here.

Offcamber.net forum members unanimously agree that AnkF00 is a little girl.

Ankf00
12-07-05, 02:35 PM
coming from the dude too afraid to move beyond Cleveland City Limits anywhere not named Vegas? ;) :gomer: :p

KLang
12-07-05, 03:21 PM
Be thankful for global warming. Just think how cold you would be otherwise. ;)

anait
12-07-05, 03:31 PM
Offcamber.net forum members unanimously agree that AnkF00 is a little girl.

Now, I don't know 'bout that...

Around here, there are lots of little girls who'll happily play outside in -20C temps. :p

Ankf00
12-07-05, 03:44 PM

Around here, there are lots of little girls who'll happily play outside in -20C temps. :p

you have an igloo. (or will soon anyways...) :p

Such advanced 22nd century technology is not quite readily available for my poor self :(

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-05, 03:50 PM
coming from the dude too afraid to move beyond Cleveland City Limits anywhere not named Vegas? ;) :gomer: :p

Don't forget the fact that his first posts on OC were about how it was too far of a walk from the Muni lot (where he tailgates for Browns games) to Burke Lakefront, even though Burke is closer than Cleveland Stadium. :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
12-07-05, 03:56 PM
Also, just remember, all you are dodging on the way to class is snow and ice. If you were actually taking the test at USC, you'd be dodging gunfire.

Ankf00
12-07-05, 04:08 PM
5 18-wheelers jack-knifed over by ft worth... beautiful :rolleyes:

oddlycalm
12-07-05, 04:13 PM
No snow here in sunny So. Cal. BTW. :p I got one thing to say to that, week after Christmas 1970 I was in San Diego and it snowed. You wanna talk about panicked drivers.... :D

Stu
12-07-05, 06:30 PM
Don't forget the fact that his first posts on OC were about how it was too far of a walk from the Muni lot (where he tailgates for Browns games) to Burke Lakefront, even though Burke is closer than Cleveland Stadium. :laugh:

first posts were regarding the walk it took and that i overheard other people complaining about it. not me.

i dont care about walking, i used to take the rta to tower city and walk to school.

Stu
12-07-05, 06:33 PM

that's true, i shouldnt have offended little girls.

nrc
12-07-05, 11:01 PM
..HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THURSDAY TO 6 AM EST FRIDAY...
...WITH TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES EXPECTED BY FRIDAY MORNING. REMEMBER...A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY.

Weee. DirecTV installer coming Friday to put in a dish for HDTV. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. :D

Tony George
12-08-05, 01:19 AM
..HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THURSDAY TO 6 AM EST FRIDAY...
...WITH TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES EXPECTED BY FRIDAY MORNING. REMEMBER...A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY.

Weee. DirecTV installer coming Friday to put in a dish for HDTV. I'm sure he'll be thrilled. :D

The White Death is on the way!!! :gomer: :p ;)

devilmaster
12-08-05, 03:53 AM
first posts were regarding the walk it took and that i overheard other people complaining about it. not me.

Hmm, first posts were about how you felt going to MO was like driving in west virginia, so taking a trip to RA will probably be like Bangladesh then.... :rolleyes: :shakehead

Dr. Corkski
12-08-05, 04:42 AM
Hmm, first posts were about how you felt going to MO was like driving in west virginia, so taking a trip to RA will probably be like Bangladesh then.... :rolleyes: :shakeheadOK we get it. You don't like Stu.

coolhand
12-08-05, 06:13 AM
Also, just remember, all you are dodging on the way to class is snow and ice. If you were actually taking the test at USC, you'd be dodging gunfire.

Far as I know no one has been shot on USC's campus, but quite a few have at UT.

Stu
12-08-05, 07:45 AM
Hmm, first posts were about how you felt going to MO was like driving in west virginia, so taking a trip to RA will probably be like Bangladesh then.... :rolleyes: :shakehead

It was a joke. Something Ogorman brought up here on OC. :rolleyes:

Get over it.

Tifosi24
12-08-05, 11:07 AM
Far as I know no one has been shot on USC's campus, but quite a few have at UT.

That is a borderline insensitive comment considering the nature of the incident that happened in Austin during the 1960s. Gorman is just making a little joke, just like people say we have to worry about getting shot her at Marquette (and we don't), and it would look like you are trying to troll Ank.

Dr. Corkski
12-08-05, 12:08 PM
Far as I know no one has been shot on USC's campus, but quite a few have at UT.Keyphrase here is "on the way". :gomer:

skaven
12-08-05, 12:18 PM
Abominable Snow Trolls Suck :gomer:

It is -14 in Eagle. Up from -18 when I first decided not to wake up. :cry:

Ankf00
12-08-05, 12:24 PM
Abominable Snow Trolls Suck :gomer:

It is -14 in Eagle. Up from -18 when I first decided not to wake up. :cry:

dude, this ice ROCKS. They're letting me sit on my bum at home :)

Dirty Sanchez
12-08-05, 12:25 PM
SNOW!!!!!! :eek:what's the matter? no space for a pair of mittens in your manpurse, sally? :gomer:

Ankf00
12-08-05, 12:49 PM
what's the matter? no space for a pair of mittens in your manpurse, sally? :gomer:

that's where the flask goes :gomer:

Joelski
12-08-05, 12:54 PM
Snowflakes is like boobies. You wouldn't complain if there were 14" of boobies outside, would you?

:D

Cam
12-08-05, 01:03 PM
Snowflakes is like boobies. You wouldn't complain if there were 14" of boobies outside, would you?

:D

If I were at home with a fridge full o beer and not stuck here at farkin' work! :cry:

skaven
12-08-05, 01:05 PM
dude, this ice ROCKS. They're letting me sit on my bum at home :)

Beats sitting on your bum at work, eh? ;)

AND...

14" of fun bags! I'd ride that on my board (and throw in a dramatic face plant or two). :rofl:

Joelski
12-08-05, 01:06 PM
http://www.joelski.com/hit_it_hard.gif STAGE DIVE!!!!

dando
12-08-05, 03:49 PM
If I were at home with a fridge full o beer and not stuck here at farkin' work! :cry:
You guys gittin' hammered in Indy yet? HVy snow reported in IN. I think were looking @ 6" here depening on the speed of the storm. Local wx haven't gotta a clue on this one.

-Kevin

tllips
12-08-05, 04:34 PM
Chicago is supposed to get 3-5" and it is starting now, just in time for the PM rush! Gonna be a long commute for most tonight, Luckily I only have a couple of miles to drive this PM.

Dirty Sanchez
12-08-05, 05:18 PM
bring it.

blizzaks and quattro.

G.
12-08-05, 05:37 PM
bring it.

blizzaks and quattro.Ain't my car nor your car I'm worried about.

I had to explain to one of my from-a-small-Asian-country-on-the-equator employees about road salt spray and windshield washer fluid today. :shakehead

Cam
12-08-05, 05:58 PM
You guys gittin' hammered in Indy yet? HVy snow reported in IN. I think were looking @ 6" here depening on the speed of the storm. Local wx haven't gotta a clue on this one.

-Kevin
Snowing like a SOB right now. Took 2 hours to drive what normally takes 35 minutes. And it didn't start til almost 2PM!

mueber
12-08-05, 06:17 PM
Snowing like a SOB right now. Took 2 hours to drive what normally takes 35 minutes. And it didn't start til almost 2PM!

Getting pretty serious about it here in Fort Wayne too.

Every spring since I graduated from High School I've said, "That was my last Indiana winter." I've said it for 30 years now. I'm gonna say it again this spring. Who knows, maybe I'll mean it this time.

IlliniRacer
12-08-05, 06:22 PM
3" and a balmy 12 degrees in STL. Bunch of Nancy Boys have been panicking all day.

HORDE THE MILK AND BREAD...WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

Ank -- I'm sure there are plenty of Texas girls that are really cold and need someone to warm them up.........Do we need to call in O'Gorman?

Ed_Severson
12-08-05, 06:23 PM

-Kevin

Took me an hour to make my normally 25-minute drive home from downtown. Of course, the snow preparation/removal here in Indy has always been pretty craptacular, so it's not as if this was a surprise.

But hey, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy about it. I love this stuff ... it just isn't winter until we get some snow. :thumbup:

Best part about it so far has been taking the 6-month-old puppy outside and watching him alternately completely freak out and attempt self-burial. :laugh:

anait
12-08-05, 06:39 PM
Best part about it so far has been taking the 6-month-old puppy outside and watching him alternately completely freak out and attempt self-burial. :laugh:

The other morning I watched a well-fed neighbourhood cat attempting to hunt a mouse (I assume) in the 4' drifts just beyond our yard, in the fields. Well, it was either hunting or getting stuck. :D I could almost hear the cat cussin'... "...stupid #%@#!^& snow..."

dando
12-08-05, 07:03 PM
Here it comes in Cbus. It's gonna be fun watching our 2-year old play in the stuff this year. There goes my back pulling her around on the sled. :)

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-08-05, 07:16 PM
I love the stuff and I love driving in it. Spent 5 years in Marquette MI where we got 300" of the stuff a winter and would go weeks at a time when it did not get above 0 F.

But the sun would shine, everything was frozen, nothing was wet, and you could actually do stuff like ski, fish and snowshoe outdoors.

Much better than the grey 35 degrees and raining winters we get in Jersey. Good for absolutely nothing but depression. A few years ago we had 7 consecutive Wednesdays hit with an ice storm. Not THATs useless and impossible to drive in.

race chica
12-08-05, 08:31 PM

spoken like a true Wisconsinite :) :thumbup:

Ankf00
12-08-05, 10:33 PM
3" and a balmy 12 degrees in STL. Bunch of Nancy Boys have been panicking all day.

Ank -- I'm sure there are plenty of Texas girls that are really cold and need someone to warm them up.........Do we need to call in O'Gorman?

1. call in SOG for what? "hi, may I refill your kerosene? seeing as I can't do ****all else....

:p

and well, Ft Wayne d00d already hooked me up w/ all solutions to not getting shot up on my way to South Central / USC.... so I'm good :D

TKGAngel
12-09-05, 09:32 AM
:)

Are you sure you haven't been watching my newscast?

One thing that annoys me about snow is the idiot private plow companies who think the idea of cleaning a driveway is to push it all back into the street. Nothing like having to deal with a mound of snow in the middle of an unplowed street to make the commute even more fun.

Cam
12-09-05, 10:14 AM
Jeebuz is this MazDUH atrocious on these slick roads! Left for work this morning got stuck 4 times and two of those times had to get a push assist!! :eek:

Turned around and came straight home.. I'll work from here! :D Just no weight in the damn thing!

Andrew Longman
12-09-05, 10:14 AM
Stockpiling bread and milk? I thought that was just a Jersey thing. Stores here sell out days before the first flake falls. It is like that elsewhere?

And why bread and milk? Is that all you need if you are homebound for a few day? :confused:

TKGAngel
12-09-05, 10:45 AM
Stockpiling bread and milk? I thought that was just a Jersey thing. Stores here sell out days before the first flake falls. It is like that elsewhere?

And why bread and milk? Is that all you need if you are homebound for a few day? :confused:

I would think toilet paper, bottled water and soup would be high on the list too, but what's a more attractive visual - an empty bread shelf or an empty shelf of paper products?

extramundane
12-09-05, 11:59 AM

Try spending a winter in Central VA sometime. On second thought, don't. I grew up in the western part of the state, up in the mountains, so snow, ice, cold- none of it bothers me. I learned to drive on sheets of ice in a 1987 Olds Calais. Needless to say, I'm pretty confident of my abilities & limitations when it comes to winter weather. The people around here though? The threat of bad weather turns the grocery stores into that scene from Airplane when the coffee runs out. I lost count of the number of Explorers I saw in ditches this week.

dando
12-09-05, 01:02 PM
For the kids. PB&J and milk will tide them over for days. Myself, I make sure I hit the liquor store and drive thru for anything 6"+. :D This storm turned out to be underwhelming here. Looks like the energy transferred to you east coasters. Check out these observations from a column on Accuweather.com:

The jump of the center to the coast is really raising a ruckus. Atlantic City's Marina was near 50 degrees with the wind gusting to near 30 out of the east, while 10 miles inland at their airport the wind has turned to strong northwest and its near 30 with heavy freezing rain. The ob from Lewes Delaware is even more startling with temps at freezing and 55 mph wind gusts from the west.

:eek:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
12-09-05, 01:08 PM
For the kids. PB&J and milk will tide them over for days. Myself, I make sure I hit the liquor store and drive thru for anything 6"+. :D This storm turned out to be underwhelming here. Looks like the energy transferred to you east coasters. Check out these observations from a column on Accuweather.com:

:eek:

-Kevin

I am in the NW part of the state on the PA border. Prediction was for 3"-5" starting at midnight. It started about 4 am and was done by 9, but we wound up with 10". Just finished digging out. Bright and sunny now. Beautiful!