PDA

View Full Version : RA - Chicago Trib

RTKar
03-22-03, 05:25 PM
According to Saturday's Chicago Tribune, The general mananger and president of RA stated during the latest track board meeting, there have been no negotiations with the irl, since the cancellation of the CART race. He stated RA is in full compliance with its ammended 2002 contract and its modified agreement for this year.

RARules
03-22-03, 09:26 PM
I noted to Cheryl Barnes at RA in email that maybe CART could just rent the track. She responded:
Thanks for the suggestion. We did offer that to CART and they wanted the co-promotion.It would seem to me that a co-promotion would be the best arrangement as each side would have a vested interest in promoting the success of the race.

Oh well...whatever...

rocket
03-22-03, 10:01 PM
I've come to peace with the fact that RA is gone. I mean let's face it, with everything that's been said, this was the last year they would have been there anyway. I feel as if CART is selling out their die hard fans that will travel and attend a race like MO or RA, but I guess I understand it's what they have to do. I'm curious what happens with Ecclestone and CART, if it goes private or what. The reason I wonder about this is the fact that Pook has said they need to satisfy their shareholders, and that is why they are focusing on more city events. Well if CART goes private again, what dif does it make. I don't know...just rambling I guess.