PDA

View Full Version : Deer fight back

oddlycalm
12-05-05, 03:21 PM
After hundreds of years of man hunting deer, the deer seem to be starting to fight back. Will the price of deer fencing spike? Why to the deer seem to prefer to attack the elderly? With the rapidly growing herds will we see a growing insurgency to take back the suburbs....? :eek: Deer Attack (http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051202/ts_usatoday/deerattacksnaturecivilizationlockhorns;_ylt=AvUlmh 3zDRWcf_0RC9rTBW534T0D;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYw N5bnN1YmNhdA--)

oc

dando
12-05-05, 10:56 PM
After hundreds of years of man hunting deer, the deer seem to be starting to fight back. Will the price of deer fencing spike? Why to the deer seem to prefer to attack the elderly? With the rapidly growing herds will we see a growing insurgency to take back the suburbs....? :eek: Deer Attack (http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051202/ts_usatoday/deerattacksnaturecivilizationlockhorns;_ylt=AvUlmh 3zDRWcf_0RC9rTBW534T0D;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYw N5bnN1YmNhdA--)

oc
Well, for years around these parts, the deers have been on kamikaze missions...trying to take out one car @ a time. ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-05-05, 11:09 PM
there was a dude 2 months back who came home w/ his daughter and found a buck had charged through the master bedroom window into the room, so he ran inside and wrestled it while she called 911, cops showed up and the guy had broken the buck's neck :eek:

trish
12-05-05, 11:14 PM
"In mating season, bucks sometimes wander into big-city downtowns and get into trouble. "

I'm sure you guys can relate. :laugh:

dando
12-05-05, 11:15 PM
there was a dude 2 months back who came home w/ his daughter and found a buck had charged through the master bedroom window into the room, so he ran inside and wrestled it while she called 911, cops showed up and the guy had broken the buck's neck :eek:
I think there was a thread about that....and I do remember the FARK tag for that story. :laugh:

-Kevin

Anteater
12-06-05, 12:51 AM
I'm going to pass this article along to my sister to let her know what dangerous creatures she's luring to her home. She puts out salt licks to attract them!

B3RACER1a
12-06-05, 01:08 AM
LOL Trish! :rofl:

oddlycalm
12-06-05, 10:25 PM
"In mating season, bucks sometimes wander into big-city downtowns and get into trouble. "

I'm sure you guys can relate. :laugh: :rofl: :thumbup:

oc

eiregosod
12-06-05, 10:39 PM
The urban fox is making a comeback.

Michaelhatesfans
12-07-05, 02:55 AM

I'm sure you guys can relate. :laugh:
Can't top that. :thumbup:

chop456
12-07-05, 03:01 AM
Thanks to us killing all the wolves and coyotes, the deer population has exploded. Deer season isn't over yet (bow season is still open), and the forecasted harvest for Wisconsin is over 550,000. 550,000! And animal rights groups want to stop the hunt. :shakehead How many years would it take before you'd be literally waist-deep in deer? The mistakes of the past don't need to be amplified by such stupidity. I won't be happy until I see packs of wolves running through the mall parking lot, chewing on the ankles of SUV-driving soccer moms. :D

Ankf00
12-07-05, 03:21 AM
I won't be happy until I see packs of wolves running through the mall parking lot, chewing on the ankles of SUV-driving soccer moms. :D

now that's a spectator sport!!