PDA

View Full Version : An Old Friend returns to Canadian TV

DjDrOmusic
12-04-05, 03:04 PM
Does anyone remember The Hilarious House of Frightenstein? They have found ALL of the original one hour episodes and the CHUM stations will begin broadcasting them again in January! The only change in the programs will be the Wolfman segments, the current rights owner has not been able to clear licensing for all the music so they will temporarily substitute songs that have clearance until all the negotiating is complete. For those of us who were fans here in the USA, there is a DVD available with 4 of the half hour episodes that ran in our country. I was very fortunate to get CHCH TV from Hamilton, Ontario and got to see the shows in the hour format. if you ddon't know anything about the show, it was and is a cult kids show that featured Vincent Price, Billy Van portraying 8 different characters, and some others on a show set in the Village of Frightenstein, where the Count tried to get his monster Brucie to live. Billy Van was brilliant, ad libbing most of his lines. It was fun, safe TV. Check it out if you can! :thumbup:

anait
12-05-05, 02:02 AM
Cool!!! :thumbup: I went searching online for DVDs last year, and the story was that they couldn't find the original copies, that they were thought to have been tossed. Can't wait to introduce this to our kids; mr anait and I both enjoyed the show as kids.

DjDrOmusic
12-05-05, 02:33 PM
The original owner ordered all the master tapes destroyed, but the stations that had copies kept them, and that's how this all came together. There's a wonderful site that has a lot of info about the show, Frightenstein.com (http://www.frightenstein.com) and they even have an interview with Billy Van that was done before his death, but caution the end of it is not for children, but hilarious just the same! :thumbup: :)