PDA

View Full Version : Cheever does GRAND AMERICAN

cameraman
12-02-05, 06:45 PM
Speed News (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/21040/)

Cheever Racing’s rumored venture into sports car competition was confirmed today, at the squad announced its plans to field a Lexus-powered Crawford Daytona Prototype in the 2006 Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series.

Owner Eddie Cheever will have Brazilian Christian Fittipaldi as his teammate.

Can't figure out how to do bold font in a thread title :gomer:

Oh yeah, Cheever made no mention of of his currently sponsorless IRL program, one way or the other.

Methanolandbrats
12-02-05, 07:01 PM
That's an outstanding place for those tools.

DjDrOmusic
12-02-05, 07:30 PM
What a pairing of driving talent! The Great Under-A-Cheever and Christianmyunclewasaworldchampionandindy500champwh enitmatteredFittipaldi. I wonder what will happen first, Chrisitan stuffing into the wall or Cheever's brain exploding from all the bu!!$#!+ that's trying to escape! ;) :thumbup: :D

coolhand
12-02-05, 07:50 PM
What a pairing of driving talent! The Great Under-A-Cheever and Christianmyunclewasaworldchampionandindy500champwh enitmatteredFittipaldi. I wonder what will happen first, Chrisitan stuffing into the wall or Cheever's brain exploding from all the bu!!$#!+ that's trying to escape! ;) :thumbup: :D
:confused:

Methanolandbrats
12-02-05, 08:10 PM
I wonder if Chrissy can manage to back one of those cars in?

Sean O'Gorman
12-02-05, 08:39 PM
:confused:

I think he is trying to be funny.

Ziggy
12-02-05, 09:30 PM
File this under "non news item." :thumdown:

bfd

BobN
12-02-05, 10:28 PM
Oh yeah, Cheever made no mention of of his currently sponsorless IRL program, one way or the other.

He didn't want to detract any attention from his currently sponsorless Grand American effort. :D

cart7
12-02-05, 11:50 PM
Patreek has gotta be feeling real good about his decision right about now.

SteveH
12-03-05, 12:03 AM
Won't it be nice to 'cheer' him on at Long Beach. :eek: :gomer: :D

chop456
12-03-05, 02:23 AM
Won't it be nice to 'cheer' him on at Long Beach. :eek: :gomer: :D

Hey, how many drivers can boast that they've had their asses handed to them at Long Beach in 3 different series? :laugh:

SteveH
12-03-05, 03:01 AM
Hey, how many drivers can boast that they've had their asses handed to them at Long Beach in 3 different series? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FCYTravis
12-03-05, 03:45 AM
^
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumbup:

Another toolbox in the paddock.

theunions
12-03-05, 04:15 AM
:thumbup:

Another toolbox in the paddock.

So is the emphasis on "toolbox" or just "tool?" :rofl:

coolhand
12-03-05, 05:44 AM
Man this will be interesting, let me know when the heckling begins, I want to see it.

NismoZ
12-03-05, 11:32 AM
I think SOG started about 9 posts back.

DjDrOmusic
12-03-05, 03:41 PM
I think he is trying to be funny.

Yes, I was, unless you've ever had the unfortunate pleasure of having to interview Mr. Wonderful(Cheever), you wouldn't understand.

extramundane
12-05-05, 04:15 PM
He didn't want to detract any attention from his currently sponsorless Grand American effort. :D

Alas, his GA team isn't unsponsored. These colors should look familiar:

http://www.theracesite.com/client_images/albums/1226_34.jpg

coolhand
12-05-05, 05:18 PM
crown royal.

extra, whats the story with chips car's all Telemexed out? no more target?

I also saw the Rahals were there too.

Easy
12-05-05, 05:52 PM
Its a Lexus powered car, maybe the sponsorship for this effort is in the form of Toyota's side payment for leaving him engine-less in the Indy Racing League IndyCar series for IndyCar Series Cars.

FCYTravis
12-05-05, 06:33 PM
The Telmex paint is left over from the Mexico City race, where both cars were all-Telmex. What Chip will have on his cars next year, remains to be seen...

extramundane
12-05-05, 07:33 PM
I also saw the Rahals were there too.

Graham was in someone's 911, I believe.

Steve99
12-05-05, 07:54 PM

Rachel's tater chips?

Was Target ever on Cheap's GrandAm car? I remember seeing CompUSA (been avoiding their stores ever since).

Sean O'Gorman
12-05-05, 10:42 PM
Was Target ever on Cheap's GrandAm car?

The third Ganassi car at Daytona was Target sponsored. I believe it was driven by Manning, Dixon, and Briscoe. I think it crashed. :laugh:

extramundane
12-06-05, 12:59 AM
The Telmex paint is left over from the Mexico City race, where both cars were all-Telmex. What Chip will have on his cars next year, remains to be seen...

I think we can reasonably assume New Century Mortgage won't be appearing.

theunions
12-06-05, 02:38 AM
The third Ganassi car at Daytona was Target sponsored. I believe it was driven by Manning, Dixon, and Briscoe. I think it crashed. :laugh:

Actually it was the #01 (with Briscoe driving) that crashed - repeatedly and spectacularly (ironically, only when Briscoe was NOT driving). The #03 Target car led a little in the overnight hours or was close, had some mech. issues towards the end but still finished 7th or thereabouts (Casey Mears was the third driver).

chop456
12-06-05, 05:15 AM

http://www.theracesite.com/client_images/albums/1226_34.jpg

I wish they'd paint them in camouflage colors so I wouldn't see them. :ack:

Anteater
12-06-05, 05:53 PM
Gah--I can't stand Eddie Cheever! I'll be happy to be part of the jeering section at Long Beach.

Lizzerd
12-07-05, 12:38 AM
Gah--I can't stand Eddie Cheever! I'll be happy to be part of the jeering section at Long Beach.

"Hey, Eddie! Still trying to work your way up to a professional racing series, I see, eh?"

Methanolandbrats
12-07-05, 12:58 AM
"Eddie Cheever, oh, you're one of the guys who won Indy when it did'nt mean ****, I don't want your autograph".

RusH
12-14-05, 01:11 PM
Hate to bring up old threads but...

Cheever is testing a Riley? :gomer:
http://www.worldsfastestclown.com/images/clowkar4.gif

extramundane
12-14-05, 04:40 PM
Cheever is testing a Riley? :gomer:
http://www.worldsfastestclown.com/images/clowkar4.gif

But there's an IMSA sticker. I'm pretty sure that's the Shaw LMP in its "zero downforce" test.

FCYTravis
12-14-05, 04:46 PM
Yep. It's even got the new "hydraulics" ride height. :saywhat: