PDA

View Full Version : split wing debut postponed

rosawendel
12-02-05, 05:22 PM
F1 Teams Postpone Split Wing Debut (From Speed) (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/21037/)

i'm just shocked.

nissan gtp
12-02-05, 06:28 PM
that's it, I'm no longer an F1 fan :laugh:

Steve99
12-05-05, 07:57 PM
They will never switch to that wing design. The rear wing is the most visible sponsor space on the entire car.

FTG
12-05-05, 10:51 PM
Searching threads is easier than I thought. Anyone else remember Crapus saying it was a done deal?

Originally Posted by Crapus
:gomer:

it passed the F1 commission today.

Dirty Sanchez
12-06-05, 12:36 AM
:rofl:

taking quotes out of context... defender would be proud of you :gomer:

it takes 8 out of 10 teams to approve these changes for 2007. no guarantees that it will happen by Christmas... this could easily be tabled for 2008 as its a pretty radical change and you could easily imagine some sticking points. but the fact remains that it was approved at the F1 commission today...
FIA not worried by radical wing's rejection
By Jonathan Noble December 3rd 2005, 10:06 GMT

Motor racing's governing body has said it is not disheartened by the negative vote that its radical double-wing concept was given by technical directors on Friday - and insists it remains confident the project will eventually be given the green light.

Formula One's Technical Working Group met on Friday to discuss and then vote on whether the Centreline Downwash Generating (CDG) wing should be given an earlier introduction that its planned 2008 debut.

But with too little time having passed since the idea was first put forward at the end of the season to have ironed out potential problems with the design, all of the sport's technical chiefs voted against a 2007 introduction.

Although disappointed that the wing failed to be given the necessary support, the FIA has said it is encouraged by the fact that the actual idea of the wing has been well received in principle.

An FIA spokesman told autosport.com: "The CDG discussion was very positive and constructive and has helped to move things forward, although the teams felt that more work had to be done and 2007 was therefore not an option.

"None of the experts thought the design lacked potential, we feel this is still not a question of 'if' but of 'when.'"

Work on the CDG design will now continue to try and make it a reality. McLaren technical director Adrian Newey is believed to be keen to make the idea work and has been key in liasing with the FIA about potential pitfalls and problems with the design.

Renault director of engineering Pat Symonds told autosport.com on Friday that there was no suggestion of the technical directors ruling out the CDG completely.

"There was no agreement with bringing CDG towards 2007, but I think it was received pretty well by the teams," he explained.

"I think a lot of people are doing quite a lot of work to evaluate it properly and the guys that are working on it for the FIA are doing a very realistic job. They appreciate what could go wrong."

FTG=tard in real life and on the innernet apparently :gomer:

racer2c
12-06-05, 10:47 AM
They should put fenders on em' and call 'em euro-stockers. :gomer: