PDA

View Full Version : pressdog, your job just changed!

G.
12-02-05, 01:46 PM
It's gonna be a lot harder to write your blog next year, buy certainly not impossible. ;)

A little TV birdie tells me Paul Page will replace Todd Harris as the IRL's play-by-play announcer. Go ahead, you can let out a little cheer.

at the bottom (http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/21026/)

(Robin Miller)

Methanolandbrats
12-02-05, 01:53 PM
The wildest rumor has Tomas Scheckter joining Vision Racing as a teammate to Tony George's step-son, Ed Carpenter. George can count and knows he needs to run at least two cars in '06 for his depleted series......

(Robin Miller)

"George can count..." :rofl:

If this rumor is true, FTG will be buying many tubs and spare bits :thumbup: The Carbon Fiber Dream Team.

oddlycalm
12-02-05, 02:07 PM
Sorry to hear that G., pressdog's recaps of Todd's over the top enthusiasm combined with near total ignorance of the sport were something I looked forward to. :shakehead Page is knowledgable and his heart is in the right place, it's just that he's utterly annoying to listen to. He does have plenty of Pageisms though, so pressdog should have something to work with I guess.

oc

Don Quixote
12-02-05, 03:47 PM
My guess is that they will make Todd a pit reporter that works specifically at Danacles pit, which will give him 30 minutes of facetime per race. He will do 45 additional minutes of voiceover when the Danacle in-car camera is on screen. Page and Goodyear, with another pit reporter will fill in the remaining 15 minutes of the show.

Gangrel
12-02-05, 04:03 PM
Ahh...but they may have to start the new Danicle talk show to fill in the race time between the 10th - 20th lap when she hits the wall and the time when another driver takes the chekcers. Perhaps Todd will be Ed McMahon to Danicle's Johnny Carson. :D

Don Quixote
12-02-05, 04:15 PM
Not to worry. When Danacles crashes out, Todd covers the safety crew arriving on the scene and the trip to the infield infirmary. Then he voices over the multiple forward and backward slow motion replays. Then its off to the pit to get reactions from the new Mr. Danacle and mom and pop Danacle.

pressdog
12-03-05, 02:19 PM
It will be a challenge, sure, but there's usually someone who steps up and fills the humor void no matter what race series we're talking about. It will be interesting to see what ABC does.