PDA

View Full Version : NASCAB Does Manhattan

NismoZ
11-30-05, 11:35 AM
Top 10 "Chase" guys in their cars, doing a victory lap in the big city, for Today on NBC. Can a NY race be far behind? Great PR. They all sure looked bored waiting around, then they they got stuck in traffic about 45 ft. out! Just like the real thing! Quite a show, even some bump drafting at 5 mph!

pchall
11-30-05, 01:19 PM
That is just so wrong on so many levels.

Next year they will have neon under the bodywork for night races.

NASCRAP has become the ultimate sell out. :rolleyes:

RichK
11-30-05, 01:37 PM
I'm sure it wasn't as big a hit as the IRL drivers standing around with the bork warmer in NYC. :laugh:

dando
11-30-05, 02:14 PM
I'm sure it wasn't as big a hit as the IRL drivers standing around with the bork warmer in NYC. :laugh:
I'll bet Danicle got better ratings when she visited Today b4 The Glen. :gomer:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
11-30-05, 03:05 PM
That is just so wrong on so many levels.

Next year they will have neon under the bodywork for night races.

NASCRAP has become the ultimate sell out. :rolleyes:

Drivers like Rusty Wallace and Dale Jarrett have taken the sponsor mention to a new art form, what with them able to say what seems like 15 sponsors all in one breath.

Stu
11-30-05, 04:09 PM
Drivers like Rusty Wallace and Dale Jarrett have taken the sponsor mention to a new art form, what with them able to say what seems like 15 sponsors all in one breath.

No one can compete with Michael Waltrip.

Rogue Leader
11-30-05, 07:19 PM
They have been doing that for a few years now..

Wheel-Nut
11-30-05, 07:35 PM
Why do they hold the award banquet in New York? Why not in good ole boy country?

TKGAngel
11-30-05, 08:01 PM
Why do they hold the award banquet in New York? Why not in good ole boy country?

But, but New York is the new good ole boy country. In all seriousness, they probably got one hell of a sponsorship deal from the Waldorf Astoria to hold the banquet there.

However, to hear some of the drivers talk NYC is about the only place in the US that they don't get recognized and hounded for autographs.

Sean O'Gorman
11-30-05, 08:04 PM
I was shocked to see Kurt Busch out there. Good thing they chose to use the Irwin scheme and not Crown Royal. ;)

Rogue Leader
11-30-05, 08:17 PM
But, but New York is the new good ole boy country. In all seriousness, they probably got one hell of a sponsorship deal from the Waldorf Astoria to hold the banquet there.

However, to hear some of the drivers talk NYC is about the only place in the US that they don't get recognized and hounded for autographs.

Schumacher said the same thing about Indy, he loves the USGP cause him and Ralf can walk around noone has any clue who they are.

JLMannin
12-01-05, 12:35 PM
They've done Manhattan for several years. After all, they race at a track just a few miles north of Manhattan

Illinois.

extramundane
12-01-05, 12:39 PM
Schumacher said the same thing about Indy, he loves the USGP cause him and Ralf can walk around noone has any clue who they are.

I think Ralf can experience that most anywhere these days.

Ozarkian
12-01-05, 12:47 PM

Must be the good BBQ.

emjaya
12-01-05, 05:32 PM
Next year they will have neon under the bodywork for night races. :rolleyes:

:saywhat: Your kidding,right?

Methanolandbrats
12-01-05, 05:37 PM
I cannot imagine watching The Today Show for any reason. The sight of Katie triggers my vomit reflex.

oddlycalm
12-02-05, 02:26 PM
Why do they hold the award banquet in New York? Why not in good ole boy country? To pimp their future Staten Island track. The Frances have sunk $100 million ($220,000/acre) into the land before even breaking ground, and that's the kind of investment you want to make sure you have customers for. No doubt this will be the most expensive 3/4 mile track ever built.

NASCAR's future strategy is to concentrate on races close into the large urban markets (sound familiar), and you are already seeing Southern tracks like Rockingham and Darlington losing one or both of their races. Count on non-ISC tracks to be the hardest hit... ;)

oc