PDA

View Full Version : Since RA is a DRIVER'S track...

G.
11-29-05, 01:42 PM
You'll have to please excuse me, but I am still a little giddy about the RA announcement. I know that this topic is probably better suited at a cheerleading site, but here goes.

Anyone think that there may be a earl team (or two) that has a Lola sitting around in the shop might consider running RA as a one-off? Ganasti? Since they are running "condensed", some teams may want some extra exposure.

I know, flame away!

Methanolandbrats
11-29-05, 01:45 PM
**** them. No way any of those aholes should be allowed to ruin the party. They would provide entertainment in the paddock however :D

DjDrOmusic
11-29-05, 01:46 PM
You'll have to please excuse me, but I am still a little giddy about the RA announcement. I know that this topic is probably better suited at a cheerleading site, but here goes.

Anyone think that there may be a earl team (or two) that has a Lola sitting around in the shop might consider running RA as a one-off? Ganasti? Since they are running "condensed", some teams may want some extra exposure.

I know, flame away!

Well, being that it would be awful close to Target's headquarters, I can see that!

trish
11-29-05, 01:47 PM
The more cars the better.

jonovision_man
11-29-05, 01:54 PM

I know, flame away!

I'm sure they'd want to do it for sentimental reasons, but if it comes down to dollars and cents there would be better choices. Long Beach is on network TV, isn't it? More exposure there.

Anyway, I agree with trish, more cars = better, if they want to come let them come. The series needs a villian.

jono

Al Czervik
11-29-05, 01:57 PM
**** them. No way any of those aholes should be allowed to ruin the party. They would provide entertainment in the paddock however :D

I bet we could make Floyd develop an eating disorder.

chop456
11-29-05, 02:08 PM
I bet we could make Floyd develop an eating disorder.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/jperry360/I-beat-anorexia.jpg

NismoZ
11-29-05, 03:07 PM
In a truck race, no doubt!

Easy
11-29-05, 03:36 PM
I'd say its more of an engine's track.

$.02

Andrew Longman
11-29-05, 05:31 PM
More cars the better. Go boo 'em if you like. Just buy a ticket

Besides they will be in CCWS in 07 anyway. Buying or risking a precious Lola chassis for only 06 doesn't make sense for them. But after bashing their brains out during a death spiral 06 in the IRL they will be more than happy to please their sponsors with a brand new Panoz in a viable, cost controlled series in front of reasonable crowds with predictable positive ROI for sponsors and owners.

Given how late in the year RA will be I would not be surprised to see all sorts of spare Lolas showing up. They are flower pots after that year.

Methanolandbrats
11-29-05, 05:43 PM
If the traitors come back, they must be humble and admit their sins. They must say nice things about Champcar in print and on TV. They must resist the urge to act like pompous tools.

G.
11-29-05, 06:15 PM
If the traitors come back, they must be humble and admit their sins. They must say nice things about Champcar in print and on TV. They must resist the urge to act like pompous tools.So Andretti won't be making it. Check.

stroker
11-29-05, 07:00 PM
How many of them have Lola/Reynards with the facilities to fit a Ford rather than a Honda/Toyota?

Not many, I'd guess.

cameraman
11-29-05, 08:48 PM
How many spare cars do NHR, PKV or Forsythe own? Lord knows Rocketsports doesn't have any spares that function.

It would be very cool if they found a way to run every chassis they could get to roll for Lola's final US race.

It ain't gonna happen because it would cost a mint but it would still be cool...

Lizzerd
11-30-05, 02:22 AM
If any of the rat bastard ship jumpers do a one off at RA, they will likely hear something like, uh, well, let's just say it will be less than a "welcome back" from me in the paddock. I may not say anything directly to them, but it will be loud enogh for them to hear. :flame:

And oh, yes, I will be there. Woo Hoo! :thumbup:

Lizzerd
11-30-05, 02:27 AM
P.S. Why would RA being a "driver" track, in your view, attract an earl team? That suddenly didn't make sense to me. :confused: