PDA

View Full Version : foosball, championship week

Pages : [1] 2

Ankf00
11-28-05, 10:07 PM
looks more and more likely that Tenn is bringing back Cutliffe and they fired two more offensive coaches this weekend...

Aggy fired Torbush as DC, a shame too, he always had pretty stout D's at UNC, can't really do much when you have zero talent and you're racked by injuries... Fran is gone in 2 years...

ABC in HD... noon for Big XII for Gary Barnett to try to save his job, then the "defense? what's that?" bowl at 4, then the ACC game for the battle of clueless geezers

Ankf00
11-29-05, 03:46 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/11/28/bc.fbc.tennessee.cutcliffe.ap/index.html

Cutliffe's back, that didn't take long, he'll be hiring the new WR and OL coaches too...

Tennessee vs. Auburn 2006 SEC title game...

Stu
11-29-05, 08:18 AM
ABC in HD.

It's about time.

They set the table with MNF in HD half a decade ago but still can't show a weekly NCAA game in HD. :shakehead

Stu
11-29-05, 08:25 AM
sorry, double post

Ankf00
11-29-05, 03:33 PM
It's about time.

They set the table with MNF in HD half a decade ago but still can't show a weekly NCAA game in HD. :shakehead

SEC has the best TV package by far, exclusive coverage on CBS w/ an ESPN contract on the side, Jefferson Pilot contract to show all the games regionally as well (as opposed to espn +, or the s***** ABC/FSN/TBS contracts that pac-10/big-XII rely on, although TBS has the best announcer team imo)

and CBS' 16:9 HD is absolutely incredible...

ABC == teh suck.

Stu
11-29-05, 06:28 PM
SEC has the best TV package by far, exclusive coverage on CBS w/ an ESPN contract on the side, Jefferson Pilot contract to show all the games regionally as well (as opposed to espn +, or the s***** ABC/FSN/TBS contracts that pac-10/big-XII rely on, although TBS has the best announcer team imo)

and CBS' 16:9 HD is absolutely incredible...

ABC == teh suck.

While not without flaws, CBS does have the best picture for Sports in HD.

coolhand
11-29-05, 07:37 PM
Todd Harris covers ABC games :thumdown:

Sean O'Gorman
11-29-05, 09:22 PM

"Can Vince Young turn the trick?"

Ankf00
11-29-05, 09:30 PM
Dan Fouts: "Veni, Vidi, Vici"
The Old Fart: "Ah yes, how sweet the wine."

:laugh:

dando
11-29-05, 10:47 PM
There is a long list of morons covering games for ABC. #1 on that list is Mushbooger. :thumdown: :thumdown:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-01-05, 11:24 AM
http://myweb.stedwards.edu/mikem/football_map.gif

We have the most D-1A teams :D Gee, look at all those teams out west.... ;)

dando
12-01-05, 12:48 PM
d00d, you just don't get it...it's about the kwality, not the quantity. :gomer:

-Kevin

coolhand
12-01-05, 04:59 PM

cali has 8, TX has 9. only 2 of those are ranked, while Cali has 3 ranked teams :p

quality it is dando.

Gnam
12-01-05, 05:23 PM
That's because all those puny eastern states are so small. Why not combine a few?

Illinois + Indiana = Illiana
Kentucky + Tennesee = KenTucky
Louisiana + Mississippi + Alabama = L'il Miss Bama
etc.

Ankf00
12-01-05, 06:29 PM
cali has 8, TX has 9. only 2 of those are ranked, while Cali has 3 ranked teams :p

quality it is dando.

Fresno lost to Nevada.

Then again, ASU lost at home to LSU the week after Hurricane Katrina in a game that was supposed to be in Baton Rouge so you should parade your west-coast JV teams elsewhere, maybe some 3rd graders out there will buy what you're selling ;)

-UTEP, TCU, UNT == bonified conference contenders
-Stanford + SJSU + SDSU == teh joke, and the first time Fresno beats Boise this century they choke vs. Nevada

I'm curious though, could you please tell me who John McKay was? :gomer:

dando
12-01-05, 07:13 PM

Classic John McKay:

John McKay was known for his colourful quotes
These are our top 10
1 - In response to a question about his team's execution - "I'm all in favour of it."
2 - On an interception thrown by Steve DeBerg in 1984 that cost the Bucs a game against the Giants - "It was thrown to nobody. Well, it was thrown to somebody, Harry Carson. But he happened to be playing for the New York Giants at the time. It would have been a good pass if Harry had been playing for us."
3 - After a particularly heavy loss - "The bus leaves in an hour - anyone who needs a shower, take one."
4 - On losing a key game - "I told our players that there were 700 million Chinese people in the world who didn't even know the game was played. The next week, I got five letters from China asking "What happened?"
5 - After the Bucs broke their 26-game losing streak - "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."
6 - On recruiting his son John to play for USC and then the Bucs - "I had an advantage - I slept with his mother."
7 - On the prospect of a late-season trip to Green Bay - "Going there is like winning the 98th prize in a beauty contest with only 97 prizes."
8 - On hearing how Buc kicker Pete Rajecki was nervous about McKay watching him in the 1976 pre-season - "That's unfortuntate as I plan on attending all the games."
9 - At a post-game press conference in 1976 "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a bunch of bananas."
10 - The following week after a media member has dropped off a case of bananas at his door - "You guys don't know the difference between a football and a Mercedez-Benz."

:rofl:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-01-05, 07:39 PM
well, I'd been told by Aggy close to the team earlier this year that the players hate Reggie, but houston radio pretty much confirmed everything today...

He was cleared Monday to play in the game, missed quite a few practices and told the coaches in no uncertain terms that he'd rather just focus on the combine. As such he was partically benched but allowed to wear street clothes to save face. Players stayed the heck away from him on the sideline.

At their pep-rally he was the one player who didnt show up w/ his jersey, showed up w/ street clothes wearing a bunch of bling.

Funny how the guy goes from program savior, best QB better than VY, to "well VY just has better o-line and d-line and would be worse than Reggie at aTm," to the scapegoat and "cancer" of the team :laugh:

the greatest QB to ever throw on that uniform and he leaves with a losing record as a starter.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR AAAAAAAAG-GIES

dando
12-01-05, 07:40 PM
Fresno lost to Nevada.

Let's not discount the WINS, f00.....

DATE OPPONENT RESULT
09/10 Weber St W 55-17
09/17 at Oregon L 37-34
09/27 Toledo W 44-14
10/08 at New Mexico St W 37-7
10/15 Utah St W 53-21
10/22 at Idaho W 40-10
10/29 at Hawaii W 27-13
11/05 San Jose St W 45-7
11/10 Boise St W 27-7
11/19 at #1 USC L 50-42
11/26 at Nevada L 38-35
12/02 La Tech 9:00 PM

That is the record of a champion I tell ya!

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-01-05, 07:41 PM
Let's not discount the WINS, f00.....

That is the record of a champion I tell ya!

-Kevin

you east coast biased USC hater!

Fresno's a top 10 team! Pete Carroll said so!

I'm telling mommy on you!! :cry:

dando
12-01-05, 07:43 PM
well, I'd been told by Aggy close to the team earlier this year that the players hate Reggie, but houston radio pretty much confirmed everything today...

He was cleared Monday to play in the game, missed quite a few practices and told the coaches in no uncertain terms that he'd rather just focus on the combine. As such he was partically benched but allowed to wear street clothes to save face. Players stayed the heck away from him on the sideline.

At their pep-rally he was the one player who didnt show up w/ his jersey, showed up w/ street clothes wearing a bunch of bling.

Funny how the guy goes from program savior, best QB better than VY, to "well VY just has better o-line and d-line and would be worse than Reggie at aTm," to the scapegoat and "cancer" of the team :laugh:

the greatest QB to ever throw on that uniform and he leaves with a losing record as a starter.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR AAAAAAAAG-GIES
Hmmm, sounds familiar sorta....A&M version of MC13. :shakehead

But hey, Jim Brown sez he's the next best thing since sliced bread. :shakehead :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-01-05, 07:44 PM
TCU (10-1)

Sept. 3 TCU 17, Oklahoma 10
Sept. 10 SMU 21, TCU 10
Sept. 15 TCU 23, Utah 20
Sept. 24 TCU 51, BYU 50
Oct. 1 TCU 49, New Mexico 28
Oct. 8 TCU 28, Wyoming 14
Oct. 15 TCU 38, Army 17
Oct. 22 TCU 48, Air Force 10
Oct. 29 TCU 23, San Diego St. 20
Nov. 5 TCU 33, Colorado St. 6
Nov. 12 TCU 51, UNLV 3

Imagine if that Utah game was week 2 instead of 3, TCU wouldn't have laughed off SMU as much as they did after the OU win. Gary Patterson was so pissed off with the team's attitude at practice that week he said pretty much exactly "alright, this is how you want to do things? Fine, we'll do it your way, watch and see what happens." Epic choke job in losing to SMU for first time in decade results. Hilarity ensues :D

man, I never knew they had a 4:1 girl:guy ratio over there... I shoulda accepted that job in Ft Worth and moved over near campus (which is actually a fantastic urban neighborhood) :D

as far as KSU vacancy goes:
Leavitt signed on w/ USF till 2012 or something, and Brent Venables said he's staying at OU... Patterson signed a phatty extension too

(I think he's going to be eating the MWC's lunch for years to come, Boise + Fresno + MWC would make for a more credible BCS conference than Big East imo)

Apparently some papers are saying KSU's looking at UVa's OC Price, dunno why since that team's such a pathetic underacheiver with the talent Groh recruits.

But they're also saying Phil Bennet's high up on the list b/c of his 5-6 year w/ SMU... Beating TCU and UAB are pretty decent feathers in a cap of a doormat program like that. If Bennet stays I bet he could build SMU back up to something akin to TCU in 5 years time. They've got a stadium smaller than some west texas high schools since they left the Cotton Bowl, but the new stadium was built on their beautiful campus, and the stadium itself is gorgeous as well. And its not like there's a dearth of recruits down this way either...

Gnam
12-01-05, 08:35 PM
Instead of counting teams in the Tiz-op 25, which conference comes out on top if we add up the Bowl money?

Ankf00
12-01-05, 08:41 PM
Conference Total Income
from Bowl Payouts
Conference Total Payout
SEC $ 26,853,000
Big 12 $ 26,630,000
Big Ten $ 24,703,000
ACC $ 19,086,000
Pac-10 $ 17,936,000
Big East $ 16,886,000
Mt. West $ 14,630,000
CUSA $ 4,350,000
MAC $ 4,200,000
WAC $ 2,600,000
Sun Belt $ 1,500,000
Total $ 159,374,000
Note: Independents Notre Dame and
Navy, with a total bowl income of
$1,500,000, are not included in the
calculations.

http://www.techsideline.com/tslmail/archives/tslmail0155.htm

Ankf00
12-01-05, 08:55 PM

quality it is dando.

you also forgot to count with your toes...

TX = 10 (Rice, UH, TAMU, UT, BU, SMU, TCU, UNT, TTU, UTEP)
CA = 7 (UCB, SU, SJSU, FSU, SDSU, USC, UCLA)

:gomer:

Ankf00
12-02-05, 04:47 AM
KSU sent their Lear Jet to Charlottesville to fetch Ron Prince for a 2nd interview, he's their #1 by far at the moment.

Looks like it's his if he doesn't F it up.... I'd go w/ the best recruiter available considering you're in that dump called "Manhattan, KS." And for those who've never had the cerebral scarring privilage of visiting that hole, trust me, the coach at Manhattan needs ever bit of debonaire disposition to lure in prospects because there ain't much else going on out there...

anywho, back to our regularly scheduled program: where's everyone's favorite poser bandwagon fan whining about weak student body support as an excuse for sub 90% attendance whilst simultaneously bragging about driving 2 NFL teams out of town?

"John McKay was liberal scum!!!!" ;)

coolhand
12-02-05, 05:43 AM

yes, your closet SC fandom is showing. Name a notworthy legendary UT coach :p

coolhand
12-02-05, 05:46 AM
you also forgot to count with your toes...

TX = 10 (Rice, UH, TAMU, UT, BU, SMU, TCU, UNT, TTU, UTEP)
CA = 7 (UCB, SU, SJSU, FSU, SDSU, USC, UCLA)

shows even more aobut the quality of Cali schools. :thumbup:

Ankf00
12-02-05, 06:56 AM
yes, your closet SC fandom is showing. Name a notworthy legendary UT coach

Darrell K Royal, Fred Akers, Dana X. Bible, and you've got me on the closet fandom, I suppose familiarity with Bud Wilkinson's 47 game winning streak and Barry Switzer's 70's and 80's Okie teams, Charles Thompson being busted by the FBI, Billy Sims and the Boz running all over the place means I'm a closet Okie fan too ;)

Tommy Nobis MLB #60 stuffed Joe Namath on 4th and goal in the sugar bowl, Jerry Grey Safety on the 83 D that was #1 in the country, Eric Metcalf, Tony Brackens, Phil Dawson, James Brown from the **** mackovic squads of the 90's. 1941 'horns went 9-1-1 17 players appeared on the cover of Life magazine which has never happened again, like Noble Doss, Bobby Layne (tied for winningest QB w/ VY @ 28) and Rooster Andrews. 1961 1962 1964 teams went 1 loss, 1968 started year off 0-2 before starting the 30 game win streak, 1970 and 1977 losses to ND in the cotton, 77 costing another national title for Akres, 1983 muffed punt in final 5 mins of 4th quarter to lose to UGa up 9-3 3rd and forever option right and UGa scores the go ahead TD and players carry Vince Dooley off the cotton bowl field, this gives Miami the 83 title b/c Osborne went for 2 after a last second TD, failed, and NU loses 31-30 to Howerd Schnellenberger and the U beginning their dynasty, 1990 running the table, then talking smack, then getting absolutely anally violated in epic fashion by Jesse Armstead's cane's bringing on the latest round of celebration penalties due to Miami antics at the Cotton that afternoon

don't worry, I know all about my boys.

shows even more aobut the quality of Cali schools
:rofl: Because you know about all those national titles and heisman winners from berkeley, stanford, fresno, SDSU and SJSU, when's the last time FSU, SDSU or SJSU even won a conference title? hahah

UCLA is the only non-USC Pac-10 school to win an AP title. Try again.

even SMU and TCU have accomplished that much :rofl:

who's John McKay again?

dando
12-02-05, 01:51 PM
who's John McKay again?

Better yet, where did The Juice go to school? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-02-05, 02:03 PM
"Well it's official, murder is legal in the state of California."

"O.J. Simpson did not spend Mothers Day with his children. When asked about it, he replied, 'Duh! Because I killed their mother!' "

"According to the National Transportation Safety Board, sleepy truckers are responsible for one thousand deaths a year. In second place? O.J. Simpson at two deaths a year."

"According to O.J. Simpson’s niece Terry Baker, when O.J.’s mother, Eunice Simpson, first heard about the slaying of Nicole Brown, she exclaimed, “He did it!” Reached for comment, O.J. said, “My mom was just guessing, I hadn’t even told her yet.”

"Was O.J. Simpson high on speed the night of the murders? “Absolutely not,” said Defense Attorney Johnny Cochran today, “and a simple test of any of O.J.’s blood found at the crime scene will prove it.”

"Against the Jets last week, Buffalo Bills running back Thurman Thomas broke O.J. Simpson's career rushing record. And, the week before, he surpassed Simpson in career touchdowns. Next up for Thomas: an attempt to kill 3 people at once."

"O.J. Simpson was in a different courtroom this week, attempting to regain custody of his two children. In order to prove to the court how much he loves his kids, O.J. pointed out, quote, “Hey they’re still alive, aren't they?!!”"

And for the Coup de Grâce de Norm...

Norm's hosting the 98 ESPY's, Peyton just won College Football Athlete of the Year...

And ladies and gentlemen, Heisman Trophy winner Charles Woodson is here tonight. What an amazing season for Woodson. He plays both sides of the ball, he returns punts, and he becomes the first defensive player to win the Heisman. Congratulations, Charles... the Heisman Trophy. That's an honor no one can ever take away from you.

Well, unless you kill your wife and a waiter.

:D

Dr. Corkski
12-02-05, 02:55 PM
Everyone knows The Juice didn't do it. It was an East Coast media member with an east coast bias out to get USC. :gomer:

Stu
12-02-05, 03:04 PM
Everyone knows The Juice didn't do it. It was an East Coast media member with an east coast bias out to get USC. :gomer:

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/OJGLOVE5.jpg

coolhand
12-02-05, 05:30 PM
The glove did not fit.

coolhand
12-02-05, 05:31 PM
who's John McKay again?

a USC coach more famous then anyone who came out of UT.

did you ever play football ank?

Ankf00
12-02-05, 07:12 PM
a USC coach more famous then anyone who came out of UT.

did you ever play football ank?

:rofl: yea, thanks for asking, You're the resident USC homer who didn't know who JR was, so save it. Amusing how you conveniently disappeared from the other thread after being called on it. ;)

As for UT coaching legends, Darrell Royal invented the wishbone which dominated 2 decades of football offense as well as invented the flip-flop, he coached 3 natl titles to McKay's 4, won a title as a player in 1950 for Bud Wilkinson and OU and was voted coach of the decade in the 60's

so please, don't try to pretend a USC coach you know next to nothing about is on some superior, ethereal level in comparison ;) Granted McKay is a coaching great in his own right and led to the proliferation of the I-form...

then again, you're right, UT has no coaching greats, Dana X. Bible must've bribed his way into the college football hall of fame alongside DKR :rolleyes:

the socal myopia is entertaining though. so help me out in case i get this wrong...

all things USC are the greatest ever, all things non USC are the suck, Pac10 is the greatest conference ever and has the most heismans and natl titles and no one can compare.

how'd i do?

dando
12-02-05, 07:16 PM
:rofl: yea, thanks for asking, You're the resident USC homer who didn't know who JR was, so save it. Amusing how you conveniently disappeared from the other thread after being called on it. ;)

Psssst...anyone heard of the Tyler Rose? :)

Is McKay more famous for his SC accomplishments, or infamous for his Bay of Pigs suckage? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-02-05, 07:18 PM

Is McKay more famous for his SC accomplishments, or infamous for his Bay of Pigs suckage? :gomer:

-Kevin

no, Bay of Pigs suckage just means McKay was really an east-coast biased homer coach who came to socal to sabotage the greatest program in the history of all sports in the history of mankind. that dirty east coast nfl coaching coach dude coach. :gomer: However divine providence saved the pantheon that is the LA collesium from the ruination that would have otherwise befell USC football ;)

Ankf00
12-02-05, 07:27 PM
-Kevin

someone called?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/earl.gif

:)

coolhand
12-02-05, 07:49 PM
:rofl: yea, thanks for asking, You're the resident USC homer who didn't know who JR was, so save it. Amusing how you conveniently disappeared from the other thread after being called on it.

As for UT coaching legends, Darrell Royal invented the wishbone which dominated 2 decades of football offense as well as invented the flip-flop, he coached 3 natl titles to McKay's 4, won a title as a player in 1950 for Bud Wilkinson and OU and was voted coach of the decade in the 60's

Texas' only three national titles :laugh:

so please, don't try to pretend a USC coach you know next to nothing about is on some superior, ethereal level in comparison ;) Granted McKay is a coaching great in his own right and led to the proliferation of the I-form...

You been reading wikipedia or somthing? I hope so becuase you are sounding like a real dork.

then again, you're right, UT has no coaching greats, Dana X. Bible must've bribed his way into the college football hall of fame alongside DKR :rolleyes:

who's that agian?

the socal myopia is entertaining though. so help me out in case i get this wrong...

all things USC are the greatest ever, all things non USC are the suck, Pac10 is the greatest conference ever and has the most heismans and natl titles and no one can compare.

how'd i do?

The PAC-10 is as legitement as any other major conference and has contributed as many great teams as anyone, most anti-PAC-10 talk is illlegitament. And this is only about football, outside of FootBall i don't think most compare.

Ankf00
12-02-05, 08:29 PM
Pac-10 national titles, USC + 1 UCLA + 1 Washington

yea, legitimate :)

coolhand
12-02-05, 10:33 PM
how many Nat. Titles does SC have ank? :p

Ankf00
12-03-05, 01:45 AM
how many Nat. Titles does SC have ank? :p

that wasn't the topic, this was

The PAC-10 is as legitement as any other major conference and has contributed as many great teams as anyone, most anti-PAC-10 talk is illlegitament.

;) TCU + SMU + A&M > UCLA + Washington + Berkeley

NU + OU + UT > USC + well... you have no other multiple title teams :)

(and USC's got 5 AP titles :gomer:, OU 7)

Ankf00
12-03-05, 02:02 AM
**** Ralphie

http://spot.colorado.edu/~kobergc/ralphie.gif

Bevo XIV would kick her ass. :flame:

http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/images/img/img0069.gif

WTF uses a chick buffalo then names it RALPHIE? seriously.

nrc
12-03-05, 02:06 AM
The obsession with livestock is telling.

Ankf00
12-03-05, 02:27 AM
don't hate, all you gots is that tooba dood ;)

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2001_02/main_images/structure_images/proudtrads/bevo_400.jpg

Fear the Steer! Although technically he's a bull not a steer seeing as he's not an ox nor castrated... but that's beside the point

FEAR THE STEER!

(as an aside, La Tech 40-28 Fresno St. :rofl: "Fresno St is definitely a top 10 team" )

coolhand
12-03-05, 03:15 AM
that wasn't the topic, this was

TCU + SMU + A&M > UCLA + Washington + Berkeley

NU + OU + UT > USC + well... you have no other multiple title teams :)

(and USC's got 5 AP titles :gomer:, OU 7)

i see you did not want to answer that question

USc has alot of titles before the advent of the AP. I guess you are not the history expert you pretend to be. :shakehead

I guess that ESPN college gameday is showing up to a meaningless PAC-10 rivalry game this weekend. So was Leanne Tweeden today :eek:

coolhand
12-03-05, 03:15 AM
http://www.utexas.edu/maps/main/images/img/img0069.gif

WTF uses a chick buffalo then names it RALPHIE? seriously.

Steers check
Queers check

coolhand
12-03-05, 03:16 AM
(as an aside, La Tech 40-28 Fresno St. :rofl: "Fresno St is definitely a top 10 team" )

it hard to recover from being beat by USC.

Ankf00
12-03-05, 03:43 AM
Steers check
Queers check

I see originality is your forte. "Queers" from someone situated in LA of all places is hypocricy at it's finest. :)

Anyways, on to Shiva, Destroyer of Worlds... I mean Bill Byrne, destroyer of once proud athletic departments, Nebraska, Texas A&M, wonder where he ends up next?...

Along that train of thought, I have some concerns. Before stating them, I want to be very clear about something. A term those of us who came to A&M from elsewhere have learned is “two-percenter,” and I want to make emphatically certain that you know what I'm about to say is directed at two-percenters – not the vast majority of Aggies.

My concern is the visceral comments of the kind appearing in some of my emails, letters, and calls that are picked up and used against us by our opponents in recruiting. Football is entering the peak period for recruiting, and already the coaches have reported some strong negative recruiting tactics that recruits have shared with them.

yea, it's the pissed off 2%'ers that are ruining Aggy football :laugh: This douche is so clueless, he fired the most successfull baseball coach Aggy's ever had b/c they didn't make NCAA's... Yea, you know all about that A&M baseball tradition that's made the CWS ONCE in history. Fired RC Slocum because 8 wins wasn't enough. And it's clear to see how he absolutely molested NU's ath dept.... Next thing you know it's going to be UT's fault that he can't raise enough $$$ for their stadium expansion...

it hard to recover from being beat by USC.

No, it's that USC's athletic director has a policy of matching the character of opposing teams with that of his fanbase. So naturally, posers up and down the schedule, much like those who occupy the stands of L.A. Collesium on Saturdays. ;)

Ankf00
12-03-05, 04:06 AM
gopowercats.com reporting that AD sources saying Ron Price to be announced as KSU head coach...

odd hire, UVa, underachievers yes, but academic underachievers...
KSU? Not so much... ;)

in other news, Jason White was present during the Longhorns walk-through at Reliant Stadium, I mean, hey, someone needs to mow the lawn right? :)

coolhand
12-03-05, 05:43 AM
No, it's that USC's athletic director has a policy of matching the character of opposing teams with that of his fanbase. So naturally, posers up and down the schedule, much like those who occupy the stands of L.A. Collesium on Saturdays. ;)

This comming from somone who is afraid to come to the "hood"

coolhand
12-03-05, 05:47 AM
Another endorsement of Oregon and the Pac-10

How can you disagree with this one ANK?

Stewart -- I heard that FOX is canceling Arrested Development! Do you think you can use your influence to get them to change their mind? --Matthew Smith, Ann Arbor, Mich.

Every major TV critic in the country has stumped for that show the past three years, so I don't think there's anything I could say at this point to save it. It's just one of those things that, despite its considerable merits, was never fully embraced by mainstream America. Kind of like the Oregon Ducks.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=cnnsi-strangescenario&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

dando
12-03-05, 11:49 AM
This is certain to fix the BC$:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2245440

HOUSTON -- Calling the Bowl Championship Series "deeply flawed," the chairman of a congressional committee has called a hearing on the controversial system used to determine college football's national champion.

:saywhat: :laugh: :shakehead

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-03-05, 11:49 AM
Oregon.

1 win vs. a ranked opponent, 8-4 Fresno St., which won't be ranked come tomorrow... :gomer:

"We're really good, we swear!!!! Just ignore the fact we got blown the **** out by USC and barely beat an unranked WAC team." :laugh:

Hey, you do know Stewart Mandell put Texas #1 on his AP ballot, right? So he's back to being an east-coast USC hater, right? I just wanted to clear that one up since you're so fond of him

question, you a fan of the B.C. hydro or the central valley KB? :gomer:

dando
12-03-05, 11:56 AM
La Tech > Fresno St. :laugh:

So much for the Ducks landmark non-con victory and SC's nail-biter two weeks ago. Oregon wants respect? Play a tough team on yer non-con schedule, don't get blown out @ home against the #1 team nationally and in the conference, and don't eek out close wins against the underlings of the conference.

And get some decent unis. :gomer:

</soapbox>

-Kevin

dando
12-03-05, 11:57 AM
Oregon.

1 win vs. a ranked opponent, 8-4 Fresno St., which won't be ranked come tomorrow... :gomer:

"We're really good, we swear!!!! Just ignore the fact we got blown the **** out by USC and barely beat an unranked WAC team." :laugh:

Hey, you do know Stewart Mandell put Texas #1 on his AP ballot, right? So he's back to being an east-coast USC hater, right? I just wanted to clear that one up since you're so fond of him

question, you a fan of the B.C. hydro or the central valley KB? :gomer:
Damn. You beat me to it, but my rant's better. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-03-05, 12:04 PM
Damn. You beat me to it, but my rant's better. :p

-Kevin

perhaps, but my punchline was funnier :)

Ankf00
12-03-05, 12:58 PM
for anyone with a NYTimes Select account or the NYT Magazine, a fantastic article with Mike Leach, that guy just ****ing rocks... definitely my fave coach around. Doesn't GAF about gladhanding boosters and says what's on his mind, which is usually hilarious...

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/tsc.html?URI=http://select.nytimes.com/preview/2005/12/04/magazine/1124988721828.html&OQ=8tpwQ26emcQ3Dtpw&OP=7a1d5ca0Q2F(2ka(Q2BQ3CQ2544Q2B(GQ25kpyk2(Q22AA8 (hQ22(A_(XgcgqyQ2Fk(hhQ22_ZffnQ22hfQ22fBQ60Q2BXM

The A&M linemen were a lot bigger than the Texas Tech linemen,. They may or may not have been fatter - Leach insists they were...before the game, Leach had said to Hodges: "Get those fat guys up front and make them run. They're already a little slow. By play 40, they'll be immobilized."

Last year, after a loss to Texas A&M in overtime, Leach hauled the team into the conference room on Sunday morning and delivered a three-hour lecture on the history of pirates. The football analogy held up for a few minutes, but after a bit, it was clear that Leach was just...talking about pirates. The quarterback Cody Hodges says of his coach: "You learn not to ask questions. If you ask questions, it just goes on longer."

Wylie saw, in the distance, a sloppily-dressed middle-aged man in-line skating down the middle of the road. The guy was rocking back and forth in the middle of what in Lubbock passes for a busy street...As Wylie drew closer, he thought to himself, that lunatic looks a little like Coach. As he pulled along-side the lunatic, he realized, it is Coach. Later, Leach explained that he had decided to take up in-line skating, and he'd calculated that the middle of that particular road was Lubbock's flattest, smoothest surface and so the obvious place to start.

As his team raced onto the field, Leach gazed into the stands filled with screaming fans and wondered about the several thousand "cadets" from Texas A&M clustered in one end zone. They wear military uniforms and buzz cuts, holler in unison and stand at attention the entire game.

"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?" Leach asked.

"The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's pirate school. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."

just a few quotes... :laugh:

http://oregon.nmn.speedera.net/pics6/400/AX/AXSJDZXOKGGRXAO.20051120031659.jpg
http://oregon.nmn.speedera.net/pics10/400/AI/AIEBSZHXAWQUFDB.20051120045011.jpg

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!

Dr. Corkski
12-03-05, 01:52 PM
Oregon.

La Tech > Fresno St. :laugh:

So much for the Ducks landmark non-con victory and SC's nail-biter two weeks ago. Oregon wants respect? Play a tough team on yer non-con schedule, don't get blown out @ home against the #1 team nationally and in the conference, and don't eek out close wins against the underlings of the conference.Once again you two west coast hatin' east coast chumps prove that you know nothing about f00sball. Oregon crushed a ranked opponent other than Fresno. That's right, the 1-AA powerhouse Montana Grizzlies. Just ask another Pac-10 school how tough Div 1-AA teams are. :laugh:

coolhand
12-03-05, 02:46 PM
Once again you two west coast hatin' east coast chumps prove that you know nothing about f00sball. Oregon crushed a ranked opponent other than Fresno. That's right, the 1-AA powerhouse Montana Grizzlies. Just ask another Pac-10 school how tough Div 1-AA teams are. :laugh:

ask oklahoma, arkansas, notre dame etc. about pac-10 teams

Ankf00
12-03-05, 02:52 PM
ask oklahoma, arkansas, notre dame etc. about pac-10 teams

the notre dame that's only beaten 3 teams w/ winning records? Mich, BYU, and Navy? :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

arkansas, oh man, that's a fear inducing team right there

Ankf00
12-03-05, 04:45 PM
I doubt that Texas can score a touchdown against USC's defense, which is undoubtedly better than tOSU. tOSU may have much more talent, but have they been putting the hurt on the PAC and WAC (the greatest conferences in the history of organized sports) all year? I think not.
Also, USC's offense, led by THE CHILD OF ZEUS, WHOSE NAME IS UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER and last year's THE CHILD OF ZEUS, WHOSE NAME IS UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER can pile the points on anyone. Just look at what they did to Stanford and Fresno State. Fresno State isn't just anyone- they've only lost to THE BEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING and an Arizona team that is undoubtedly more awesome than anyone previously understood. And Stanford- well, John Elway played for them, and probably attends most of their games.
In short Texas, a team composed of Vince Young and some other people, has no chance against the unstoppable might of USC.
Of course, that would have to change if USC fails to beat the nearly unstoppable juggernaut that is UCLA.

dando
12-03-05, 05:05 PM
Right up there with Okie. :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
12-03-05, 06:27 PM
Dear Santa:

Someday I wish teh ABC would put Harris and Myrute on the field @ the same time. :gomer:

http://i.timeinc.net/mx/content/images/jan05/013105/_M9J2195.jpg http://www.dcexaminer.com/content/articles/2005/07/13/columns_sports/jim_williams/75media27.jpg
I :heart: Todd. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
12-03-05, 07:02 PM
It would appear that 85% of the Heistman ballots will be in the mail by .5time. Barry Sanders redux? We shall see....

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-03-05, 09:49 PM
Mack can't win the big game.

Vince can't pass.

Final 2005 Season QB Rating

1. Vince Young, Texas 168.6
2. Brian Brohm, Louisville 166.7
3. Drew Olson, UCLA 165.2
4. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame 162.9
5. Matt Leinart, Southern California 158.2
Texas is soft.

what am I missing, Kev, Andy? :D

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!! :eek:

dando
12-03-05, 10:06 PM
Mack can't win the big game.

Vince can't pass.

Final 2005 Season QB Rating

Texas is soft.

what am I missing, Kev, Andy? :D

WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!! :eek:
Just what was that rating against OSU? :D

BTW, as posted on the other thread:

Blues Clues time: Dawgs beat LSU tomorrow. Bank it.

:bows:

-Kevin

coolhand
12-03-05, 10:28 PM

the notre dame that's only beaten 3 teams w/ winning records? Mich, BYU, and Navy? :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

check OU will be ranked now.

arkansas is from one of those "real" conferences right?

coolhand
12-03-05, 10:30 PM
I doubt that Texas can score a touchdown against USC's defense, which is undoubtedly better than tOSU. tOSU may have much more talent, but have they been putting the hurt on the PAC and WAC (the greatest conferences in the history of organized sports) all year? I think not.
Also, USC's offense, led by THE CHILD OF ZEUS, WHOSE NAME IS UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER and last year's THE CHILD OF ZEUS, WHOSE NAME IS UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER can pile the points on anyone. Just look at what they did to Stanford and Fresno State. Fresno State isn't just anyone- they've only lost to THE BEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING and an Arizona team that is undoubtedly more awesome than anyone previously understood. And Stanford- well, John Elway played for them, and probably attends most of their games.
In short Texas, a team composed of Vince Young and some other people, has no chance against the unstoppable might of USC.
Of course, that would have to change if USC fails to beat the nearly unstoppable juggernaut that is UCLA.

Our poor PAC-10 and "suspect defense" shut dwon two heisman canadits. those two TDs they got were when our back ups were in. SC does not play stack up computer rankings. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-03-05, 10:37 PM
Our poor PAC-10 and "suspect defense" shut dwon two heisman canadits. those two TDs they got were when our back ups were in. SC does not play stack up computer rankings.
instead USC plays THE CHILD OF ZEUS, WHOSE NAME IS UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER and last year's THE CHILD OF ZEUS, WHOSE NAME IS UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER in the 4th when up by 6 TD's :gomer: and going for it on 4th and 12? [Ron Burgundy] real classy San Diego :rolleyes: [/Ron Burgundy]

check OU will be ranked now.

arkansas is from one of those "real" conferences right?
yea, they are, they're the Baylor of the SEC :rofl:

Kev: good call... the Les Miles Effect strikes once again ;)

BCS worked last year and this year. USC plays Michigan in 04 Rose and OU plays Cal or Utah probably in Fiesta while UT plays VT or Auburn in Orange/Sugar respectively...

BCS this year would be PSU vs. USC, UT vs. Oregon or Ohio State...

dando
12-03-05, 10:49 PM
Kev: good call... the Les Miles Effect strikes once again ;)
Like I said b4....LSU ain't as good as their ranking. They lost to UT north :saywhat:, and the Goters, Auburn, and 'bama games could have easily gone the other way, They were a fortunate 10-1 headed into the SEC Championship, and playing on the road for all intents and purposes. Auburn is clearly the best team in the SEC (beat Dawgs @ Dawgs), but their K killed them against LSU.

Go Free Shoes! If pappy Bowden's Crips can beat the Hokies, OSU is guaranteed a BC$ bid for being top 4. :)

UCLA = :laugh: That blow out could drop them out of the top 25.

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-03-05, 11:01 PM
IT'S GINO TORETTA!!!!!! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:

dando
12-03-05, 11:05 PM
IT'S GINO TORETTA!!!!!! :laugh: :rofl: :laugh:
Shouldn't he be trying out for the Jets by now? :D

-Kevin

dando
12-03-05, 11:11 PM
Go Free Shoes!!!!

-Kevin

dando
12-04-05, 12:06 AM
cHokies <== :laugh: (y'all should top playing them FL teams)

;)

Here's hoping the Orange Bowl goes for the Joe Pa vs. Pa Bobby angle. Bring on the Domers, damnit!

Big 10 = 2 teams top 5 BC$ :cool:

-Kevin

coolhand
12-04-05, 01:07 AM
See this is why conference Champ games are poor choice IMO, say texas lost, then a 4 loss team would be in the BCS, same with the ACC. Its not as cut and dry in the ACC though, but Texas would be more deserving then Colorado. It makes sense when two strong teams meet.

and USC running up the score? :laugh: :laugh: i know all your info come from the ESPN colege encyclopedia or some UT board you frequent. Only two TDs one by lendale and another by serior fullback Kirkman and its against UCLA. We put our scrub defense in two and Pete does not care about how amyn points the other team puts up as long as we are ahead.

you guys going 70-3 for the fourth time this season says alot about UT running up the score and shutting down teams in the 4th just to look good hoping people would try to pu you ahead of SC. :thumdown:

dando
12-04-05, 01:25 AM
See this is why conference Champ games are poor choice IMO, say texas lost, then a 4 loss team would be in the BCS, same with the ACC. Its not as cut and dry in the ACC though, but Texas would be more deserving then Colorado. It makes sense when two strong teams meet.

and USC running up the score? :laugh: i know all your info come from the ESPN colege encyclopedia or some UT board you frequent. Only two TDs one by lendale and another by serior fullback Kirkman and its against UCLA. We put our scrub defense in two and Pete does not care about how amyn points the other team puts up as long as we are ahead.

you guys going 70-3 for the fourth time this season says alot about UT running up the score and shutting down teams in the 4th just to look good hoping people would try to pu you ahead of SC. :thumdown:
A 4 loss team is in the BC$, ya egit. Free Shoes = 8-4. :D

Oh, and another Blue's Clues for ya: margin of victory was removed as a BC$ component a couple of years ago. It may impress the human voters, but it's the computers that like UT > SC. In any case, holmes, this argument will be settled once and for all come 1/4/06. :cool:

-Kevin

dando
12-04-05, 01:27 AM
cHokies tried to make a game of it in the 4th, but too little, too late. :D

Ron Mexico Jr. = :thumdown:

-Kevin

coolhand
12-04-05, 01:39 AM
A 4 loss team is in the BC$, ya egit. Free Shoes = 8-4. :D

Oh, and another Blue's Clues for ya: margin of victory was removed as a BC$ component a couple of years ago. It may impress the human voters, but it's the computers that like UT > SC. In any case, holmes, this argument will be settled once and for all come 1/4/06. :cool:

-Kevin

no but hpolding the score margin helps offensive/defensive rankings and such.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm
take this poll. the "predictor" uses somthing called "pure points".
but all the stats support SC.

win/loss SAME
scheduel rank SC
wins versus top 10 SC
versus top 30 UT

yet ???

anyway, FSU was 31 in the BCS prior to this game, Fresno was 33. now FSU goes to a BCS bowl?

oh yeah, thanks for getting to look at those formulas, USC has a better schedual ranking then any SEC team, and Texas.

coolhand
12-04-05, 01:57 AM
http://andersonsports.com/football/ACF_frnk.html

here only the two Big 10 teams have tougher shed ranks.

http://www.cfrc.com/
this one provdies you not alot of info, nuff said. plus, look at his not so subtle message.

LSU/Georgia Battle in SEC Highlights Upcoming Championship Saturday. <<<<<<<seems like an SEC fan to me, NUFF SAID.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html
this one baffed me a little but it showed a good conference comparison check it out :thumbup:

Pac-10 ahead of the venerable SEC. The PAC-10s losses were to real conferences, while the Big-10 and big-12 were ranking up wins with the MAC conference and the sun belt conference :rolleyes:

http://www.masseyratings.com/theory/sched.htm
poor formula for shed. seems to be it and recodn that counts.

http://prwolfe.bol.ucla.edu/cfootball/descrip.htm
his record speak for itself.
http://prwolfe.bol.ucla.edu/cfootball/ratings.htm#first
FOR DANDO, look at the PA and PF columns.

dando
12-04-05, 02:02 AM
FSU vs. PSU = "A Game for the Aged"

-Kevin

coolhand
12-04-05, 02:23 AM
FSU vs. PSU = "A Game for the Aged"

-Kevin

i will be good, but I don't think it will be enough of a challenge for Penn State.

dando
12-04-05, 02:39 AM
http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html
this one baffed me a little but it showed a good conference comparison check it out :thumbup:

Pac-10 ahead of the venerable SEC. The PAC-10s losses were to real conferences, while the Big-10 and big-12 were ranking up wins with the MAC conference and the sun belt conference :rolleyes:

Uh, where are the D2 W/Ls for Pac-10 teams like Oregon and Stanford, homey? :shakehead This is simply an incomplete comparison. Try comparing relative SOS by conference. The truth is liberating.

http://prwolfe.bol.ucla.edu/cfootball/ratings.htm#first
FOR DANDO, look at the PA and PF columns.
Duh, SC has a problem on D? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-04-05, 03:07 AM
Uh, where are the D2 W/Ls for Pac-10 teams like Oregon and Stanford, homey? :shakehead This is simply an incomplete comparison. Try comparing relative SOS by conference. The truth is liberating.

-Kevin

Oregon is MIGHTY!!! They beat the 1AA MONTANA GRIZZLIES!!!!

seriously, coolhand, pass the doob, it's quite rude not to.

Ankf00
12-04-05, 03:54 AM
USC went for 4th and 12 with a huge lead.

textbook definition of running up the score.

who's John Robinson? I'm not a bandwagon fan, I swear!!

anyone remember this one?

Buckeyes goin down tomorrow. (re: UT @ OSU)

I hope Ohio State puts the overrated "contender" to rest this week.

When were the John Robinson days anyway?

Are you wishing UCLA defeats USC so Texas does not have to face them? yes, we're so very afraid, we're DOOOOOMED!!! We're playing 2 Heisman trophy winners, THE CHILDREN OF ZEUS WHOSE NAMES ARE UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER!!!!

this one was cute too

I have been meaning to bring this up. you are trying to Bash USC attendance? How many students does USC have compared to Texas? You know the colusiem holds 16,000 more then UT's little stadium?

Two NFL teams have left LA after continuously being outdraw by USC. Attendace at SC games has never been anything to be ashamed of.

especially when contrasted to this one a lil bit later

f you look at USC's size and its large stadium you will see its attendance is nothing to bash considering the competition it has with the kings, lakers, clippers etc just nine blocks away.

awwww, poor trojans, run off the big bad NFL not once but twice, but then the Kings Clippers and Lakers steal their fans away.... boo hoo.

LSU got lucky in tempe.

and UC Davis has a good program, I know somone who played for them Fear the Mighty UC Davis Aggie!

i would like you to provide me with geographical evidence of where these so called "coaches" live.

seems like a bunch of easterners to me

those coaches are fed a line to go along with the BCS.

once to computer tell theses guys otherwise they will put up SC at #1. yea, Edwards, Robinson, Kush, Ralston & James are paid to fall lock step w/ the BCS

p.s. ASU threw the game agianst stanford
requires no caption :)

the cowboys are throwing itah yes, the okie st game, I bet the black helicopters were in on it too

and my personal fav, trying to pretend not to be a USC homer at the start of the season :rofl:

I dont see how my post professed anything about support for USC, i was just pointing out your obvious concern about Texas playing them.

it's just like reading Aggy post over at TexAgs, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried :D

coolhand
12-04-05, 04:40 AM

-Kevin

or they play teams who can actually put numbers on the boards.

coolhand
12-04-05, 04:41 AM

what page are you on on the ESPN college football encyclopedia? did you wait in line for hours for corso to sign it? :gomer:

Ankf00
12-04-05, 05:00 AM
what page are you on on the ESPN college football encyclopedia? did you wait in line for hours for corso to sign it? :gomer:

look up "Robinson, John" and "McKay, John" in the index, you might finally learn something about your bandwagon's history :gomer:

I believe you can find the O.J. Simpson chapter under "Homocidal Heisman Winners"

coolhand
12-04-05, 05:02 AM
look up "Robinson, John" and "McKay, John" in the index, you might finally learn something about your bandwagon's history :gomer:

I believe you can find the O.J. Simpson chapter under "Homocidal Heisman Winners"

I did not know who Mckay was?

Ankf00
12-04-05, 07:13 AM
bandwagon poser USC fans pretending to be engineering students aside for a moment...

The University of Georgia and D.J. Shockley.

mad props to that kid and that team. that was one hell of a season.

LSU has more talent than you can shake a stick at and D.J. Shockley comes in this year, leads the Dawgs to an absolutely SOLID season, then comes out in the Georgia Dome and puts the screws to the Les Miles choke machine.

that LSU D has NFL'ers roaming abouts... it's a shame this kid had to hide behind David Greene for 4 years, imagine if he was at Ole Miss post Manning (Cutliffe would've kept his job), or at Ark, Tenn, or FSU (teams in the region needing QB's)...

Georgia had one hell of year and played some damn fine football this season. Congratulations to the best offensive coordinator short of Spurrier in the 1990's for his 2nd career Sugar Bowl berth as an HC.

Cartman, you still hating on Richt's playcalling? ;)

USC, UGa, UT, ND, OSU, 'Bama, Penn St, all the great programs of the 60's and 70's are returning or have returned to prominence. Everything's the way it's supposed to be, only thing better would've been a Miami-Penn St Orange Bowl instead of FSU... and a real team in the Big East would've been nice too, but oh well... WVU's got 1 natl title, so at least there's *some* cred before Shockley tears them a new one.

I still can't believe we went 12-0... last year before the RB, when we saw that Michigan, Ohio State, and Oklahoma were 3 of our next 6 games, if someone had told me we would win 2 of the 3, I'd have called that an absolutely ****ing fantastic result. are you kidding? ohio state on the road, OU w/ stoops and all the talent he's brought in the past 3 recruiting classes? and michigan in our first BCS bowl with supposed world-breakers Henne and Hart?

As it turns out Vince went 3 for 3 with a perfect season to boot, the first perfect season since the world-class defense of 1983 anchored us to 11-0 before the collapse to Vince Dooley's and CARTMAN'S Dawgs, and the first 12-0 season in school history... this just ain't right... going to Columbus for the game, albeit most of the fans on gameday were douche rockets, I still had the time of my life before during and after the game, and every day OTHER than gameday I encountered numerous classy OSU folks not named "Kevin" ;) my first trip w/in the walls of Kyle Field, one of the supposed best home field advantages in NCAA FB.... this year just kicked ass.

Hey Kev, still want to call my boy "Mack 'Cooper' Brown?" What'd I tell you last year? 9/10 win seasons are good enough for me after the suckitude that was Longhorn Football in the 90's... It could go that way forever... better to be 9/10 win than to be Aggy or Tennessee or Florida or any other "marquee" program that couldn't find it's ass if it was Anna Nicole looking for an oil tycoon's wallet

and Jervis is very proud of that '84 Freedom Bowl as he should be, but that game was the unravelling of the myth, who knew that it would be 22 years before the 'Horns would ever sniff #1 again? No one leaving the Cotton Bowl that year after beating #1 OU who beat #1 NU would've EVER believed someone who told them that the 'horns would not be ranked #1 for the next 22 years, and they'd never play for a national title heads up in that time either. 61 62 63 64 68 69 70 72 77 81 83, all those years of contention w/ 1 or no loss seasons... then 22 years of absolute suck where ppl were happy just to be in the top 25

before mack, ppl would wear all sorts of colors to games, all sorts of other school's shirts... that's how bad things had become, tailgating culture was NON-EXISTANT.

now granted, it was still better than USC ever could be seeing as UT had real season ticket holders, TX has real bbq, but as far as programs like OSU or 'Bama are concerned, it was a ****ing joke... Houston was Fortress Aggy b/c that's where everyone moved after they ended up unemployed after graduation. A&M Football was the establishment when I was a kid, UT 'ball was what the few rebellious ones did... And it's still that way if you read the paper, UT baseball's been #1 for years and years but get 1/10th teh coverage of EVERY other school in TX and OK combined in the Houston Chronicle. But these days UT's out-recruiting LSU for the hosses from Houston, and out-recruiting OU for the hosses outta DFW... it's good times in Austin.

Mack's won 10 games for 5 years in a row now, finally has all sorts of monkies off his back, bcs bowl, OU, big game (we'll just forget he beat #1 and #3 Nebraska in 98 and 99 and snapped NU's 47 game home win streak ;), whupping Aggy for 6 straight years, losing on the road in the Big 12 this century only once) and we're finally going to get a shot at what matters, first time in 22 years if we can get that #1 rank come 01/05/2005....

and even if it doesn't happen, WGAF... best season of my lifetime, great road trips, great times with great friends.

and a special thanks to Kev for making this season such a fantastic experience for me growing up a 'Hornsfan :thumbup: Ohio Stadium, at night, on the 30 yard line... right by the endzone where Sweed makes the winning TD catch in the waning minutes of the contest. ****ing EPIC. Memory of a lifetime.

How many dudes are gonna offer some punk and his buddy from the internet $400 tickets for free with just a meaningless promise of return of favor in the following year? Thanks a lot Kev.

dando
12-04-05, 11:30 AM
USC, UGa, UT, ND, OSU, 'Bama, Penn St, all the great programs of the 60's and 70's are returning or have returned to prominence. Everything's the way it's supposed to be, only thing better would've been a Miami-Penn St Orange Bowl instead of FSU... and a real team in the Big East would've been nice too, but oh well... WVU's got 1 natl title, so at least there's *some* cred before Shockley tears them a new one.
You forgot UM....oh, wait. Lloyd 'John Cooper' Carr has them headed the other way. :gomer: Actually, if we get the PaPa matchup and the ND/OSU matchup, I think we have 3 really compelling BC$ bowls this year. :thumbup: Now if we can just get the Big lEast out of the picture, there's hope for the other bowl, too.

I guess I'll be rooting fer the Horns come 1/4/06, wondering what could have been. Oh well. It'll just make that victory in AUS next Sept that much sweeter. :D

Oh, BTW, did I ever tell you that Teemu never went to the game? Drunk bastard flew all the up here from AUS and partied in the parking lot during the game. I only asked him like 3 times if he needed the other seat I had for the game...free, 2. What an idiot.

-Kevin

coolhand
12-04-05, 04:03 PM

anyone remember this one?

yes, we're so very afraid, we're DOOOOOMED!!! We're playing 2 Heisman trophy winners, THE CHILDREN OF ZEUS WHOSE NAMES ARE UNFIT FOR MERE MORTALS TO UTTER!!!!

this one was cute too

especially when contrasted to this one a lil bit later

awwww, poor trojans, run off the big bad NFL not once but twice, but then the Kings Clippers and Lakers steal their fans away.... boo hoo.
Fear the Mighty UC Davis Aggie!

yea, Edwards, Robinson, Kush, Ralston & James are paid to fall lock step w/ the BCS

requires no caption :)

ah yes, the okie st game, I bet the black helicopters were in on it too

and my personal fav, trying to pretend not to be a USC homer at the start of the season :rofl:

it's just like reading Aggy post over at TexAgs, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried :D

wow, i am impressed you care so much about me. :thumbup:
USC had 92,000 this weekend, has UT drawn that much at home?

Yes Sc was part of the reason two NFL teams moved away, when they left attendance went up for SC games as being the only football ticket in town. But its foolish to bash a smaller school in SC in the second largest urban market in the country for attendance. its not like Norman Oklahoma where the game is the only thing going on on saterday night.

Ankf00
12-04-05, 04:09 PM
Oh, BTW, did I ever tell you that Teemu never went to the game? Drunk bastard flew all the up here from AUS and partied in the parking lot during the game. I only asked him like 3 times if he needed the other seat I had for the game...free, 2. What an idiot.

-Kevin

were they at least hot? :gomer:

Ankf00
12-05-05, 10:49 AM
Check out who was at Reliant on Saturday...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/TZ201204185827971.jpg

It's got to be KILLING them... they're already writing into the Houston Chronicle bitching about "overboard burnt orange coverage." :)

cartman
12-06-05, 01:20 PM
bandwagon poser USC fans pretending to be engineering students aside for a moment...

The University of Georgia and D.J. Shockley.

mad props to that kid and that team. that was one hell of a season.

LSU has more talent than you can shake a stick at and D.J. Shockley comes in this year, leads the Dawgs to an absolutely SOLID season, then comes out in the Georgia Dome and puts the screws to the Les Miles choke machine.

that LSU D has NFL'ers roaming abouts... it's a shame this kid had to hide behind David Greene for 4 years, imagine if he was at Ole Miss post Manning (Cutliffe would've kept his job), or at Ark, Tenn, or FSU (teams in the region needing QB's)...

Georgia had one hell of year and played some damn fine football this season. Congratulations to the best offensive coordinator short of Spurrier in the 1990's for his 2nd career Sugar Bowl berth as an HC.

Cartman, you still hating on Richt's playcalling? ;)

Well thanks for the kudos Ank. We were all a little nervous about Shockley after his horrible performance in the UGA/GT game last year but he certainly proved that all of our fears were unfounded. While I do think we had a good year when it's all said and done, our offense still underperformed. We should have been able to win the Florida and Auburn games, although even if we had gone undefeated we'd still have been shut out of the national title picture.

Saturday night's game was an example of what UGA is capable of when every aspect of their game is firing on all cylinders. It was also an example of how our offense can play when our receivers actually catch the damn ball. I think Richt is a great coach and I would hate to ever lose him, but no matter how you slice it he did make some horrendous play calls at key moments in our 2 losses. I also found the playcalling in the UGA/GT game very curious. Kregg Lumpkin was averaging 8.2 yards/carry when Richt decided to totally abandon the running game. We were lucky to win that game.

To all of these haters that say that Auburn was the best SEC team this year - if Auburn had taken care of their business in the SEC West they would've been playing this past Saturday night. They didn't take care of their business and they weren't playing in the championship game. UGA is the best team in the SEC this year and we proved it on Saturday. I wish we were playing someone other than the Big Least champion Mountaineers in the Sugar Bowl (which is basically another home game for us), but such is the way it goes and we will whip their butts on Jan. 2nd to (as coach Richt would say) "finish the drill".

Oh, and I don't care what anyone says, the SEC is the most competitive and strongest conference in college football, period. This year, I personally think that the ACC is probably the 2nd strongest conference, Big 10 3rd (really just because of Michigan being down a little), Big 12 4th (Ultimate kudos to UT for a dream season Ank, but even you have to admit that with the disaster that is OU and Nebraska right now the Big 12 is not quite as strong as it has been in the past 5 or 10 years when all of the big 3 of the Big 12 are on top of their game) and then the rest. I said it before and I'll say it again, without USC, the Pac 10 is probably WAC, MAC, or CUSA level. Don't even give me the Oregon/UCLA crap, they didn't play anybody worth a damn except for USC who embarassed them. If UCLA was such a strong and top 25 worthy team then they would've at least shown up for the USC game. You have to look at the competition within the conference when talking about conference strength and nobody in the Pac 10 provided USC with any kind of competition whatsoever which proves that it's a weak conference. Coincidentally, the team that provided the best competition for USC all year (with the exception of ND who isn't in a conference) was Fresno State, yes, a WAC team. Point proven.

cartman out.

Dr. Corkski
12-06-05, 01:23 PM
If UCWestwood was such a strong and top 25 worthy team then they would've at least shown up for the USC game.Oh please. How many XFL MVPs has UGA produced? :D

And, uh, UCWestwood has like better academics than UGA or something, because you know that's relevant football talk. :gomer:

cartman
12-06-05, 01:38 PM
wow, i am impressed you care so much about me. :thumbup:
USC had 92,000 this weekend, has UT drawn that much at home?

Wow, I wonder what the attendance figures are like in the lean years when USC isn't a contender.

UGA has over 96,000 at every single home game, even in seasons that we suck. Tennessee has over 105,000 at every home game, yes, even this year. USC doesn't even have it's own dedicated stadium on campus for crying out loud. Most universities with a prominent football program have a stadium on their campus. Sanford Stadium on the UGA campus is used for UGA football and nothing else, as are the stadiums for most major universities.

Now coolhand, I realize that LA probably has some of the best crack rock available in the country but you need to quit smoking so much of it. :shakehead

Ankf00
12-06-05, 01:56 PM
Wow, I wonder what the attendance figures are like in the lean years when USC isn't a contender.

UGA has over 96,000 at every single home game, even in seasons that we suck. Tennessee has over 105,000 at every home game, yes, even this year. USC doesn't even have it's own dedicated stadium on campus for crying out loud. Most universities with a prominent football program have a stadium on their campus. Sanford Stadium on the UGA campus is used for UGA football and nothing else, as are the stadiums for most major universities.

Now coolhand, I realize that LA probably has some of the best crack rock available in the country but you need to quit smoking so much of it. :shakehead

na, he's at USC, crack rock's for those lower-class public school UCLA, UCSD, UC Berkeley types. They can afford the finest nose-candy and H that Colombia and Afghanistan can produce over at USC.

USC was a contender 2 years ago and couldn't fill it's stadium past 74K over the course of the season. USC's averaged 90% capacity last year following an AP MNC. :laugh:

SOUTH CAROLINA averaged 100+% capacity LAST year BEFORE Spurrier.

UT sells out 84K seats for the upcoming year in March. But fear not, once the north endzone renovations conclude in 2 years, UT shall sell out 94K seats for the upcoming year every March.

USC has such a fine program they can only sell out 1 game per year, Notre Dame or UCLA depending on which year it is, at a stadium miles from campus :laugh:

cue the: "but we're in LA, we have to compete with the LA Kings and Lakers :cry:" Yea, being a title winning football ticket in the 2nd largest media market, selling out your stadium? that's just crazy talk!!

Ankf00
12-06-05, 02:38 PM
2004 SI "Best College Football Weekend" top 25...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sioncampus/09/15/best_weekends0916/

Where's USC? I see Ohio State, I see Michigan, I see Georgia, I see Texas and Texas A&M, I see Florida, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida State, and Oregon. Even Washington, but alas, no USC :(

Must be that east-coast bias again :gomer:

1-AA Montana comes in at #25... MONTANA :rofl:

cartman
12-06-05, 02:55 PM
2004 SI "Best College Football Weekend" top 25...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sioncampus/09/15/best_weekends0916/

Where's USC? I see Ohio State, I see Michigan, I see Georgia, I see Texas and Texas A&M, I see Florida, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Wisconsin, Iowa, Florida State, and Oregon. Even Washington, but alas, no USC :(

Must be that east-coast bias again :gomer:

1-AA Montana comes in at #25... MONTANA :rofl:

Wow, 8 out of 12 SEC teams on that list. Only 2 Pac-10. No wonder Pac-10 is such a weak conference.