PDA

View Full Version : Its Getting Sad Over There...

Andrew Longman
11-28-05, 06:16 PM
... at that (famed) IRL fan site.

The doom, gloom, name calling and in-fighting is reminding me of 7G near the end. It is well beyond the usual twisting in the dirt stuff.

It really has lost all of its "entertainment" quality.

Can't say I regret the state of the IRL at the moment but trainwrecks get pretty grotesque if you stare at them long enough.

cart7
11-28-05, 11:25 PM
Only the real wacko's like Paff and MichaelG are left to rally the poor souls.

Turn13 has run out of bullets. He's left with senseless meandering, posts about how the earl wouldn't be in trouble if it were more popular and 17% attendance increase, 17%........

Wait till 2006, as the deck lists steeper they'll all be shocked at how quickly the ex-Cart turncoats rush to grab the last lifeboats.

Meanwhile nearer thy God to thee plays louder and louder.

Methanolandbrats
11-28-05, 11:42 PM
I don't visit that sewer. I remember debating some of those tards on the original Compuserve Motorsports Forum at the time of the split. It pains me that they are unhappy and their World is crumbling. :laugh:

NismoZ
11-29-05, 12:04 AM
I don't know why they're so upset. Baghdad Barnhart sounds confident. The field looks "solid" at 15 right now. The most optimistic seem to be counting on 4-5 "possibles" and choose to wait until spring training to see if the HRL "has any real concerns." Oh, my. Maybe the Chief at GM has similar feelings.

nrc
11-29-05, 12:14 AM
If you want to talk in general about idiot lemmings or specifically about individual fits of delusion, that's fine. If this becomes nothing but personal attacks on specific posters it will get closed.

Carry on.
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/images/smilies/tony.gif

Lizzerd
11-29-05, 01:14 AM
I haven't visited there for a few days. Considering the recent news, I think I will. Not that I need to celebrate any more tonight or anything like that...

Skater_36
11-29-05, 09:31 AM
I don't visit that sewer. I remember debating some of those tards on the original Compuserve Motorsports Forum at the time of the split. It pains me that they are unhappy and their World is crumbling. :laugh:

I find it difficult to read more than a few messages on that board. The core group is made up of a few pretentious, self important, mean spirited fanatics and a few insiders that have hitched their wagon to a falling star.

It’s sad to see the fans that realize they were sold a bag of goods, by a management team that is in way over their heads, get roasted by the never say die group because they dare to say the emperor has no clothes.

Andrew Longman
11-29-05, 10:19 AM
I find it difficult to read more than a few messages on that board. The core group is made up of a few pretentious, self important, mean spirited fanatics and a few insiders that have hitched their wagon to a falling star.

It’s sad to see the fans that realize they were sold a bag of goods, by a management team that is in way over their heads, get roasted by the never say die group because they dare to say the emperor has no clothes.

Agreed. But even the hard core are sitting there without even hope and nothing to say but it all would have been fine if KK had not bailed out CART.

There is even open debate of the need for the IRL at all and inviting NASCAR to run the 500. Anything to preserve something about event.

Methanolandbrats
11-29-05, 10:44 AM
Oh ick. Curiosity made me click "over there" and I made it through 1 1/2 threads before I started feeling nauseous. All I have to say is http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/boohoo.gif http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/udawganim.gif

Skater_36
11-29-05, 10:56 AM
Agreed. But even the hard core are sitting there without even hope and nothing to say but it all would have been fine if KK had not bailed out CART.

There is even open debate of the need for the IRL at all and inviting NASCAR to run the 500. Anything to preserve something about event.

The really scary thing is that some of those people actually work for IMS/IRL so this may reflect the mindset of management. It's not about the fans or the sport and it never has been.

SteveH
11-29-05, 11:00 AM
I remember reading a post by Doc Austin on the ChampCar forum sometime in the last year or so that said he hoped CC would die a slow death just so its fans would suffer more.

Karma's a bitch.

:gomer:

Methanolandbrats
11-29-05, 11:27 AM
I remember reading a post by Doc Austin on the ChampCar forum sometime in the last year or so that said he hoped CC would die a slow death just so its fans would suffer more.

Karma's a bitch.

:gomer:EXACTLY. CC fans hate FTG for what he did to racing. IRL fans hate CC Fans. Big, big difference. but..http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/nutkick.gif we win!

trish
11-29-05, 11:44 AM

Karma's a bitch.

:gomer:
At the R1 boards, I recall asking him why he didn't post on the IRL forum, and he admitted he didn't like them. Unfortunately the thread was getting nasty and the moderator (Don I believe) deleted it. I so bad wanted to through it back in his face.

extramundane
11-29-05, 12:33 PM
At the R1 boards, I recall asking him why he didn't post on the IRL forum, and he admitted he didn't like them. Unfortunately the thread was getting nasty and the moderator (Don I believe) deleted it. I so bad wanted to through it back in his face.

I think he's too busy obsessing over the GRAND AMERICAN series to pay any attention to anything else.

KLang
11-29-05, 02:11 PM
The attempt to spin the RA annoucement in a negative light is unreal. :saywhat: :shakehead

Gangrel
11-29-05, 03:50 PM
Now let me see here...what is it that lemmings spend their entire lives in the quest to do?

Oh, yes....I think the cliff may be in sight now... :D

NismoZ
11-29-05, 03:57 PM
I know all about the Lemmings thing (I watched Disney as a kid :D ) and I understand instinctual behavior but all I remember asking my mom was, "Are they really that STUPID?"

NismoZ
11-29-05, 04:02 PM
And then, if they made it over the cliff OK, they just started swimming out to sea! To where? They had no idea! I'm guessing somebody/thing made them a promise or had a vision of a better tomorrow and it was believed! Suckers.

Gangrel
11-29-05, 04:33 PM
I don't know....I can just tell you that it is certainly entertaining to watch lemmings exhibiting natural behavior in a controlled environment....the experience is rather like going to the zoo.

Now I need to go take a shower. :D

pchall
11-29-05, 04:38 PM
burn baby, burn

cameraman
11-29-05, 05:03 PM
Disney faked the lemmings jumping off of a cliff thing.
They don't actually do it.

The reality of lemming behavior is a better fit for them anyway, in the real world when things get tough lemmings turn on and kill each other....

Ozarkian
11-29-05, 05:08 PM
I don't know....I can just tell you that it is certainly entertaining to watch lemmings exhibiting natural behavior in a controlled environment....the experience is rather like going to the zoo.

Yep. In addition, I never knew they ate their young like that. And their old. And their middle-aged.

JohnHKart
11-29-05, 07:55 PM
I never go there there anymore....I just did...first time in months. I had to leave when I just read of somebody's suggestion to put Mike Skinner in AJ's car. :rolleyes:

John