PDA

View Full Version : Suckah!

KaBoom21
11-28-05, 02:02 PM
Yeah, $660 for an XBox poster!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7368580606

oddlycalm
11-28-05, 02:43 PM
Ouch. :D Bet that winning bidder will actually read what the auction is for next time. The tip off for them should have been that fact that it was in the POSTER sub-category of ART, not VIDEOGAMES > SYSTEMS.

On a related topic, did everyone that bought one of these things re-sell it on eBay...? The only report I've heard on them is that the crash all the time. Ironic if it's the most in-demand gift of all time if they turn out to be buggy as a July picnic...

oc

chop456
11-28-05, 02:44 PM
Looks like the seller was banned. Too bad. I hope he got his money first. :laugh:

Wheel-Nut
11-28-05, 02:51 PM
Seller should have his nads removed via his mouth!

spinner26
11-28-05, 03:06 PM
Seller should have his nads removed via his mouth!

Why? Small print I tell ya, small print! Read it or suffer. I would agree with ya if you stated buyer should have his /her intelligence checked.

cart7
11-28-05, 03:12 PM
From the looks of the bid list, this guy hooked a bunch of people. :shakehead

It's deals like this that make it harder for honest people selling on ebay.

Wheel-Nut
11-28-05, 03:36 PM
Why? Small print I tell ya, small print! Read it or suffer. I would agree with ya if you stated buyer should have his /her intelligence checked.

Why? because the seller had the intent to defraud the buyer.

chop456
11-28-05, 03:50 PM

Prove it.

There's the problem.

spinner26
11-28-05, 04:05 PM

Read this and tell me where the fraud is.

The XBOX 360 is the hottest holiday item of the year. It is sold out in stores all across the US and the rest of the world. Do yourself a favor and bid for the photo pictured above of the XBOX 360 and accessories. Will ship as soon as possible once payment is recieved!
This auction is for the photo only.

Defraud? Don't think so, stupidity on buyers part, 100%

Wheel-Nut
11-28-05, 04:13 PM
Now if it was big and bold like that you would have a point.

Insomniac
11-28-05, 04:18 PM
Read this and tell me where the fraud is.

Defraud? Don't think so, stupidity on buyers part, 100%

If you're selling a photo, why are you talking about the system being sold out across the country? The photo isn't sold out. Just praying on suckers. Sure, it's the buyer's fault, but you can't look at that listing and think the seller wasn't trying to trick someone.

rosawendel
11-28-05, 04:47 PM
the buyer ultimately renegged on the purchase, and received negative feedback from the seller, who was eventuually banned

"Buyer refused to pay for item, and falsely accused me of deception." (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mykdk79&iid=7368580606) "

oddlycalm
11-28-05, 05:13 PM
the buyer ultimately renegged on the purchase, and received negative feedback from the seller, who was eventuually banned The creep that did this probably has a dozen other eBay ID's that he uses. If eBay would get serious on cleaning it's house they would be money ahead. Getting rid of 90% of the lightweight creeps and scammers would be easy enough and would make a big difference and preventing multiple ID's for the same person at the same address would be a good place to start.

The buyer getting a negative comment in his history file is getting off easy for being too lazy to actually bother to read an auction he's bidding $660 for. Even more plentiful than scammers on eBay are the ****wits that bid and win auctions then back out because they didn't bother to actually read the auction listing before they bid.

oc

rabbit
11-28-05, 06:12 PM
The bid history looks fishy. There are a lot of 0-feedback noobs bidding early on and driving up the price, which would further the deception. If you saw the heading "X-Box 360" with a three-figure current bid, you would be a lot less likely to notice the fact that it was in the poster subcat and and a lot less likely to notice the 3-pt. font at the bottom of the description. I wouldn't be surprised if those early bidders were multiple incarnations of the since-banned seller or his friends.

spinner26
11-28-05, 08:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I do not condone this behavior, just not ready to hang the seller on deception. Lesson learned for everyone, READ THE FINE PRINT!

trish
11-28-05, 08:37 PM
Why on earth would anyone want a photo of an xbox game system?

Ankf00
11-28-05, 08:55 PM
Now if it was big and bold like that you would have a point.

there are alot of wankers on ebay screwing people, and this seller is still a prick for trying to pull it off, but he didn't lie about what he was selling. if the bidder is illiterate it's his own fault

he stated it was a photo for sale two times over... if a schmuck cant see that then... heh.

Ed_Severson
11-28-05, 09:16 PM
if the bidder is illiterate it's his own fault

Agreed.

Fools and their money are easily parted; if you can do it while directly telling the fool exactly what he's getting for his money, good on you.

nrc
11-28-05, 09:25 PM
I'd say that anyone paying $600 for an Xbox is a fool right from the outset.

rabbit
11-28-05, 09:28 PM
...but he didn't lie about what he was selling...True, he did not come out and say point-blank, "This is a real X-Box 360 game system." However, if he was involved in the effort to inflate the price, then that shows a motive to mislead. If a buyer sees that listing as presented with a current bid of, say, $10, that buyer is going to examine the item a lot more closely to see what the catch is. An inflated bid gives the impression of a more valuable item. If the seller was directly involved in trying to present his item as being more valuable than it really was, then he was directly involved in deception.

But the buyer is still a retard.

Dr. Corkski
11-28-05, 09:47 PM
You should probably take the time to read the item description before you drop $600 on something.

Ankf00
11-28-05, 10:19 PM
I'd say that anyone paying $600 for an Xbox is a fool right from the outset.

think that's stupid? how about 4 kids who didn't sell theirs for a grand?

there was a raffle over here for 4 360's... this one guy offered each of the winners 10 c-notes in hand, right on the spot for their raffle ticket, every one of those geeks declined. :shakehead:

1 grand and I'm flying down Taos faster than a hooker in Michael Irvin's backseat