PDA

View Full Version : Road America back?

trish
11-26-05, 10:42 PM
MarkC just posted at the CCF forum that it's very strong rumor and would happen in '06.

racer2c
11-26-05, 11:04 PM
Make it so. :cool:

trish
11-26-05, 11:07 PM
I hope it's not going to take the place of the Vegas race. :( He says if it happens it will be in September and that he was asked not to say anything more.

FCYTravis
11-26-05, 11:39 PM
MarkC :rolleyes:

trish
11-26-05, 11:48 PM
I know. :shrug:

NismoZ
11-27-05, 01:34 AM
Excuse me people, you've asked, you've hoped, you've (I've) begged and people are actually trying to get RA back on the schedule and I take this as one more indication. Have you all forgotten Forsythe's comments from Mexico? It fits in. Fingers crossed.

KLang
11-27-05, 09:59 AM
There is a three week gap between Montreal and Vegas. I'd like to see it happen but I'll believe when I see an anouncement. Has there been a management change at RA?

Andrew Longman
11-27-05, 11:55 AM
I just got some promotional stuff in the mail from RA. It saddened me to be reminded again that RA was not on the CCWS schedule, but it got me thinking about going to one of the historic races there. Or maybe Edmonton.

If this rumor is true my choice will be easier. :)

Warlock!
11-27-05, 12:13 PM
Has there been a management change at RA?
No.

Therefore, you can toss Marksie's "rumour" in the can...

chop456
11-27-05, 12:23 PM
I just got some promotional stuff in the mail from RA. It saddened me to be reminded again that RA was not on the CCWS schedule, but it got me thinking about going to one of the historic races there. Or maybe Edmonton.

If this rumor is true my choice will be easier. :)

I got the mailing, too. They raised the season ticket price by $50 over what it was when CCWS was there.

What a deal! :gomer:

Cam
11-27-05, 12:37 PM
September?!?!?! Brrrrr!!!!! :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
11-27-05, 12:43 PM
Huh? Early Sept daily range is 55-75.

http://www.wisconline.com/counties/sheboygan/climate.html

TRDfan
11-27-05, 01:16 PM
Who knows if it's anywhere near the truth...but just to be safe, I made a hotel reservation. It can always be cancelled.

RHR_Fan
11-27-05, 01:29 PM

Oh :p

It might get a little cool in the evenings, but we still have nice daytime temps in September. We were still having nice temps into October!

~Nicole

Cam
11-27-05, 01:30 PM
Who knows if it's anywhere near the truth...but just to be safe, I made a hotel reservation. It can always be cancelled.

Hotel??? :rolleyes: You mean you aren't gonna freeze your *** off with the rest of us tenting it in the infield? :D

DjDrOmusic
11-27-05, 02:33 PM
Like I said over at CCF, this is great if it happens, now can we bring back Mid-Ohio on Memorial Day?

NismoZ
11-27-05, 03:32 PM
Hmmm, I wonder what specials the Osthoff will be serving downstairs in the main dining room that weekend? :p

NismoZ
11-27-05, 03:34 PM

nissan gtp
11-27-05, 04:01 PM
Marxie will get "feedback" if he's messing with us on this one.

Let it be true, I'll be there.

Methanolandbrats
11-27-05, 04:26 PM
Hmmm, I wonder what specials the Osthoff will be serving downstairs in the main dining room that weekend? :p I had the worst meal of my life there and I had to wait almost two hours for it. Horrible, horrible, just f'n horrible food. And it was overpriced and there was'nt much of it. Nice place to stay, but you're better off going to the local convenience store and buying a couple plastic sandwiches and a dog that's been rotating for three days. Gas station food tastes better, you won't have to wait all night for it and it won't cost $75.00 :mad:

Andrew Longman
11-27-05, 04:42 PM
I had the worst meal of my life there and I had to wait almost two hours for it. Horrible, horrible, just f'n horrible food. And it was overpriced and there was'nt much of it. Nice place to stay, but you're better off going to the local convenience store and buying a couple plastic sandwiches and a dog that's been rotating for three days. Gas station food tastes better, you won't have to wait all night for it and it won't cost $75.00 :mad:

I've had a few good meals at the Village Green on S Lake St down the way from Siebkens.

RHR_Fan
11-27-05, 05:17 PM
Hotel??? :rolleyes: You mean you aren't gonna freeze your *** off with the rest of us tenting it in the infield? :D

Don't know if you'll freeze your arse off, but camping in the infield is fun. I did it this past year for the ALMS race and stayed over Saturday night in '04. Great times. Prices aren't bad if you split up the cost. You can bring your own grill and food and all that yummy stuff.

On the actual subject of RA coming back, I just don't see it happening in '06. I would love to see it come back. With the management and other issues I'm not that optimistic, but if it does I'll be the first one to say "my bad."

~Nicole

NismoZ
11-27-05, 06:14 PM
M&B :D You may be correct. I was only trying to draw a contrast. Haven't eaten there myself, but sure liked The Lake Street Cafe, the old Dillingers (especially out back) even the Barefoot Beach deck, and the old "Station" over in Plymouth. Hope you didn't have an argument with their steaks! I still like the beef sandwiches at Siebkens. As many times as I've been there for those I ought to be in that painting! Over the years I've gone from racking on a plastic tarp along side my Corvair to actually staying at the Osthoff so it's kind of fun to hear people talking about the cold and camping. In any case it shouldn't be as bad as the sleet bowl of ....'82?

Lizzerd
11-28-05, 12:25 AM
This would be a GREAT Christmas present for all CC fans.

Cold? Pfffft... Camping down to even 30 degrees at night is very doable, if you know how. Start with a camp fire. I remember when, as a Boy Scout, at the Winter Camporee one year it was around 10F at night.

Here's a hint how to stay warm camping at night. Insulate your bed more below your body than above. You will get colder from the ground than from the air. Sleep in as little clothing as possible, like a t-shirt, shorts, and socks. I'm serious! Don't bundle up. You'll be cold when you first zip up your sleeping bag, but your body will generate a lot of heat in there and in short time, you will be just fine. Make sure you have something to pee in next to your bunk for those late night wake up calls so you don't have to go outside (then discreetly empty the offending crucible in the morning when your friends aren't looking).

Twisty Bits
11-28-05, 02:14 AM
This would be a GREAT Christmas present for all CC fans.

Cold? Pfffft... Camping down to even 30 degrees at night is very doable, if you know how. Start with a camp fire. I remember when, as a Boy Scout, at the Winter Camporee one year it was around 10F at night.

Here's a hint how to stay warm camping at night. Insulate your bed more below your body than above. You will get colder from the ground than from the air. Sleep in as little clothing as possible, like a t-shirt, shorts, and socks. I'm serious! Don't bundle up. You'll be cold when you first zip up your sleeping bag, but your body will generate a lot of heat in there and in short time, you will be just fine. Make sure you have something to pee in next to your bunk for those late night wake up calls so you don't have to go outside (then discreetly empty the offending crucible in the morning when your friends aren't looking).

Oh yeah, and don't drink alcohol, it will lower your body temperature.

Ya, right. I'll get on that. :D

Ankf00
11-28-05, 02:15 AM

yea, brrr, that's called winter :p :D

chop456
11-28-05, 03:42 AM

Here you go. Link (http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39166684&memberId=12500226)

That's warm enough to keep even the biggest Sally Wusswagon's tootsies warm at night. Or just go to Houston. They're practically the same thing. :p

Methanolandbrats
11-28-05, 08:38 AM
yea, brrr, that's called winter :p :D :laugh:

RTKar
11-28-05, 10:38 AM
Oh yeah, and don't drink alcohol, it will lower your body temperature.

Ya, right. I'll get on that. :D

and eat plenty of meat on a stick for extra calories. :p

Wheel-Nut
11-28-05, 11:18 AM

I have to agree . . . .

Gangrel
11-28-05, 11:43 AM
I had the worst meal of my life there and I had to wait almost two hours for it. Horrible, horrible, just f'n horrible food. And it was overpriced and there was'nt much of it. Nice place to stay, but you're better off going to the local convenience store and buying a couple plastic sandwiches and a dog that's been rotating for three days. Gas station food tastes better, you won't have to wait all night for it and it won't cost $75.00 :mad:

Hamburger meat... $3.29
Hamburger Buns... $2.59
Charcoal... $8.99

Cooking your own dinner just inside the Carousel after watching qualifying...priceless.

:)

Methanolandbrats
11-28-05, 11:48 AM
Hamburger meat... $3.29
Hamburger Buns... $2.59
Charcoal... $8.99

Cooking your own dinner just inside the Carousel after watching qualifying...priceless.

:) Schnitzel Burger a couple bucks, brat a couple more and all that's in my cooler is beer. Tha'ts my at the track cuisine.

Wife booked OOsthoff <sp> during BRIC last year, that's what led to meal from hell. Found out too late they have kitchens in the rooms. If I ever stay there again, I'm bringing food.

KLang
11-28-05, 11:58 AM
How are the rooms at The Osthoff? The grounds and outside look great. Wandered through the lobby once and the place smelled kinda musty.

Would love to try camping sometime but it's not practical when flying in.

Andrew Longman
11-28-05, 12:10 PM
How are the rooms at The Osthoff? The grounds and outside look great. Wandered through the lobby once and the place smelled kinda musty.

Would love to try camping sometime but it's not practical when flying in.

Flew in for the 04 race with a 4 year old, a 10 year old, and two big duffle bags. One was full of clothes, etc. The second had my tent, sleeping bags and pads. Bought a $.99 styrofoam cooler, small $2 grill, charcoal and some food at the local Walmart.

Spent 4 days in the carousal and had a blast. Only thing I missed compared to my 02 trip when I drove was not having bikes. That is the best way to get around.

KLang
11-28-05, 12:19 PM
Flew in for the 04 race with a 4 year old, a 12 year old, and two big duffle bags. One was full of clothes, etc. The second had my tent, sleeping bags and pads. Bought a $.99 styrofoam cooler, small $2 grill, charcoal and some food at the local Walmart.

Spent 4 days in the carousal and had a blast. Only thing I missed compared to my 02 trip when I drove was not having bikes. That is the best way to get around.

Pretty sure my wife would not be interested in that degree of 'roughing it'. :laugh: We have talked about renting a motor home but haven't followed through on that.

We rented a golf cart last year for the first time. Don't know why we didn't do that years ago. Saw more of the track then I had in years.

Andrew Longman
11-28-05, 12:32 PM
Pretty sure my wife would not be interested in that degree of 'roughing it'. :laugh: We have talked about renting a motor home but haven't followed through on that.

We rented a golf cart last year for the first time. Don't know why we didn't do that years ago. Saw more of the track then I had in years.

Ah the wifey. I understand. My wife (and daughter) were camping with me at RA in 02, and tent camp every year with me at the Glen (but not at the track, too scary for even me). She is always spotting the $1,000.000 motor home and asking when we'll try that.

in 02 at RA we were camped across the way from the Andretti motor home. Marco was racing karts then at the new karting track. That got her salivating.

Dirty Sanchez
11-28-05, 01:02 PM
man, this would sure change my opinion of the series if they got this deal done. I'm glad that vocal fans, journalists and even drivers and team owners have not let this issue just fade away.

champ cars on champ courses. the way it should be :thumbup:

hopefully the weather is nice so all the sally wusswagons will be happy. I'll be there regardless. would be nice if bridgestone brought a more functional rain tire in the event that it did rain, however.

Jervis Tetch 1
11-28-05, 01:13 PM
Hope it happens :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
11-28-05, 01:16 PM
How are the rooms at The Osthoff? The grounds and outside look great. Very nice. Big TVs, comfy beds, kitchens, pools, lake with private beach, stumbling distance to taverns, pretty loose with public intoxication. It's basicly just a giant apartment complex.

DjDrOmusic
11-28-05, 01:45 PM
hmmmm, camping at RA in September
Tent-check
camp stove-check
sleeping bags-check
coolers-check
bottle of Hungarian pear liquer-DEVILMASTER HEEEELPPPP!!
;) :D

devilmaster
11-28-05, 03:22 PM
bottle of Hungarian pear liquer-DEVILMASTER HEEEELPPPP!!
;) :D

Hmmm, I thought my ears were burning.... ;) :D

oddlycalm
11-28-05, 03:25 PM
man, this would sure change my opinion of the series if they got this deal done. I'm glad that vocal fans, journalists and even drivers and team owners have not let this issue just fade away. Agreed, it would change a lot of peoples opinions, which is exactly why they need it. I figure they'll get tired of hearing it at some point and relent.

oc

Warlock!
11-28-05, 10:52 PM
Agreed, it would change a lot of peoples opinions, which is exactly why they need it. I figure they'll get tired of hearing it at some point and relent.

oc
If the crowd is anything like the last couple years at the track, I hope KK has enuf cash to fill this money pit.

I'll toss him a C-note and show my face...

NismoZ
11-28-05, 11:43 PM
OK, "ChampCar has scheduled a media conference for a major series announcement for 1PM Tuesday." AR1. Is this it? What else could it be? Atlantic title sponsor?

skaven
11-29-05, 02:30 AM
Holy... :eek:

I check out for the Holidays and return to RA rumors.

As Mr. 'Lock points points out, if the crowd is like years past, there will be a lot of money lost. However, if the race does happen, I bet KK & Co. will make even more believers as they again show us how to properly run an event. :thumbup:

Or not, as I guess Milwaukee was a total failure this year. At least I liked how KK admitted to the media that Milwaukee was a failure and that they had learned some lessons.

Either way, this is some positive conjecture to come home to. :cool:

Lizzerd
11-29-05, 03:03 AM
If the crowd is anything like the last couple years at the track, I hope KK has enuf cash to fill this money pit.

I'll toss him a C-note and show my face...

A C-note is cheap for the great weekend RA provides. I'll toss two and love it.

KLang
11-29-05, 10:37 AM

Hope you are right or my wife is going to be pizzed at me. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
11-29-05, 10:50 AM
Hope you are right or my wife is going to be pizzed at me. :gomer: Chop a few degrees off the mean for later in the month. We get lots of beautiful 65-70 degree weather that time of year. We also can have 50 degree weather and rain. Frontal rain does'nt usually hang around very long that time of year and summer thunderstorms are about done. Fall in Wisconsin means bring all the clothes you have and be flexible :D

Dirty Sanchez
11-29-05, 10:51 AM
stoked :thumbup: