PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and prayers needed

nrc
11-23-05, 03:44 AM
You may remember that earlier this year RaceGrrl's dad was diagnosed with multiple brain tumors. Sadly, there were only limited treatment options and they have not been effective. His condition has been slowly deteriorating since the diagnosis.

Over that time we were able to enjoy some good times although it was increasingly a struggle for him. Finally, during a recent doctor visit when the doctor explained that there were really no further treatment options and no hope for improvement he declared, "Well, I guess I'm done."

Since that time his condition has gone down hill rapidly. It has reached the point where he is now gravely ill. I know that he is a man of great faith and that he has no fear of the journey that lies ahead. He is at home with his family and loved ones and he will leave when he is ready.

Please spare a thought or a prayer for him and his loved ones. Please pray for comfort for his loved ones, they will miss him dearly. And for him, please wish for a peaceful journey.

chop456
11-23-05, 03:46 AM
Done and done, Sir.

Thoughts to M.

cart7
11-23-05, 06:05 AM
Thoughts and prayers to both of you and the family.

mapguy
11-23-05, 06:42 AM
Consider it done.

sadams
11-23-05, 08:44 AM
Done. My best to the family at a time like this.

Warlock!
11-23-05, 10:09 AM
You know you have my support, guys.

We're thinkin' 'bout ya.

:)

devilmaster
11-23-05, 10:45 AM
Hopes and Prayers always.

Steve

dando
11-23-05, 11:10 AM
Thoughts & prayers as always for my extended family here on the OC.

-Kevin

racer2c
11-23-05, 12:03 PM
Your post touched me deeply Richard. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife and her father and family.

G.
11-23-05, 12:12 PM
I hope it is a peaceful journey for you, Grrl, her family and her father.

Give Thanks for the memories, celebrate the man and his legacy.

RaceGrrl
11-23-05, 12:34 PM
Dad passed last night at 2am. My mom and brothers and I were there with him and knew it was time. He's beyond the pain and suffering now, and for that, I am glad. My dad was a great, humble man. I am blessed to be his daughter.

It's Thanksgiving and we're giving thanks for having had the time we did to say goodbye. Please, over this holiday, tell your family how much they mean to you. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Missy

Gnam
11-23-05, 12:43 PM
My condolences.

Eagle104
11-23-05, 01:02 PM
God Bless you, RaceGrrl. Condolences to you and your family. Yes, your dad's ok now..and forever.

tllips
11-23-05, 01:10 PM
My condolences. :(

rabbit
11-23-05, 01:27 PM
You and your family are in my prayers. He sounds like he was a great man.

G.
11-23-05, 01:51 PM
:(

Please, over this holiday, tell your family how much they mean to you.
Yes. Yes I will.

Ankf00
11-23-05, 02:09 PM

SteveH
11-23-05, 02:10 PM
Oh Missy and Richard, I'm so sorry to read this. I'll be thinking you of you and your family.

I wish you peace.

DjDrOmusic
11-23-05, 02:26 PM

anait
11-23-05, 02:28 PM
We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Don Quixote
11-23-05, 02:41 PM
Blessings to you both, and your family. :(

trish
11-23-05, 03:04 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you both and your entire family.

KLang
11-23-05, 03:24 PM
My condolences. :(

oddlycalm
11-23-05, 03:47 PM
Missy & Richard, very sorry for your loss, but I'm pleased you had a the chance to say your goodbyes and that he had you with him. My thoughts are with you.

oc

cameraman
11-23-05, 03:56 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Chitowncartfreak
11-23-05, 04:01 PM
Very sad news - don't really know what else to say. My condolences. :(

TravelGal
11-23-05, 04:55 PM
Thoughts and prayers to both of you. My aunt died last week. My mom (her "baby sister") said "It is what she wanted so we must live through it." Her grandson, who was there, said, "She was ready and it happened."

It's so hard for us left behind but they are the ones that matter. It's one of the last gifts we can give them. We mourn; we are sad; it takes a while to recover; but we pray them on their way. I hope you can draw a little strength from the fact that so many of us here on Off Camber will be sending prayers and good thoughts for strength to both you. We care.

If it would help to share some memories, please do. He sounds like he was a wonderful man.

dando
11-23-05, 05:25 PM

-Kevin

fourrunner
11-23-05, 05:41 PM
Sorry to hear this ! My Best to both of you !

pfc_m_drake
11-23-05, 09:20 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss...particularly during the holiday season. My best to you and your family.

EDwardo
11-23-05, 10:30 PM
My thoughts are with you.

manic mechanic
11-23-05, 10:58 PM
Our sincerest condolences on your loss. I lost my Father-in-law the same way several years ago.

I am in agreement with most others here in that I feel you should celebrate the man for what he brought to your lives and know that he is now in a better place and free of pain.

Take care, you two.

manic

RHR_Fan
11-23-05, 11:16 PM
Our thoughts are with both of you.

~Nicole

Rob
11-23-05, 11:43 PM
My condolences to you both.

Twisty Bits
11-23-05, 11:51 PM
Sorry to hear of your losses. Hangin in there. Stay strong for the rest of the family. They need you. We're here if you need us.

Lizzerd
11-24-05, 12:26 AM
God bless you and your families, bosses.

Cam
11-24-05, 12:55 AM

RaceGrrl
11-24-05, 11:41 AM
Thanks, everyone. We're actually happy that today is Thanksgiving. It will be a time for us to be together and appreciate each other.

Right after he died, my mom and my brothers and I sat around just reminiscing about the fun things we'd done, and the funny things Dad had done through the years. We just wanted to remember him as he was before he got sick.

Dad was a really cool guy. He knew how to fix anything. He knew how to build anything- in fact, he and mom built their log home from the ground up. Engineering degree? He didn't need any stinking degree. He was just really smart that way- he'd reverse engineer something and then build one himself, or make it better when he rebuilt it. He was a millright for Mead Paper for 44 years. The guys he worked with called him "know it all Cecil." He did know a lot. That fact made it really difficult to argue with him! I could never hope to win an argument, and cute didn't cut it with Dad. :D

Dad was a hunter and a fisherman. He'd take the camper to the lake for a week at a time and fish all day, sometimes coming home with 50 or more crappie. Fish fry? Oh yeah, he made it an art. We also went mushroom hunting together in the spring. That became our father/daughter tradition. I've become a city girl though, and could never find the first mushroom. Dad would make sure I saw it before he picked it. (those things are hard to see!) We'd spend the day in the woods, then we'd stop at the country store for a snack. He'd always make sure I had enough mushrooms for a nice dinner, so if I had little luck finding my own, he'd give me what he'd found.

It's hard, having this new house, and knowing that Dad won't be able to give us advice. He liked to be able to do things for his family. When we bought it in August, he said, "when I'm feeling better, I'll help you and Richard." We sure could use his help. But I know that he was really just saying "I love you two." Doing for others was how he showed he cared.

He loved going to the Bengals game, and in October, we did take him down for the game. Even though he had to be in a wheelchair the entire day, he had a great time and I appreciated having that day with him. The Bengals games will be bittersweet for a while, I'm sure, because of the emotional link to Dad. We had planned to go to the Christmas Eve game with Mom and Dad. I guess we could still go- Dad would have loved the combination of holiday and football. :)

We'll celebrate him today, and we will be giving thanks for each other and for the closeness of our family. I'm sure we would not have had that if Dad had been anyone other than the great man that he was.

racer2c
11-24-05, 12:00 PM
Thanks for sharing that Missy. I'm sorry for your lose. May your day be filled with the wonderful memories of your father. I'm sure sure it will.

RTKar
11-24-05, 02:21 PM
So Sorry :(

Turn7
11-24-05, 11:45 PM
It sounds like you have a whole slew of fond memories of a really wonderful individual.

I know you'll miss him greatly, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Take care and God bless you.

devilmaster
11-28-05, 04:11 PM

Thinking about ya guys...

JoeBob
11-28-05, 04:25 PM

Sounds like you're very lucky to have had such a wonderful father.

I'm thinking of you guys.

Anteater
11-29-05, 10:16 PM
We are so sorry to hear of your loss; our thoughts and prayers are with you. :( :( Missy's father sounds like a wonderful man...

Hugs,
Susan & Rick