PDA

View Full Version : Cedric the Entertainer on Dan Patrick

tllips
11-22-05, 01:05 PM
Dan Patrick was on AM1000 in Chicago about 30min or so ago with the mid-morning local guys.

He said that Cedric the Entertainer was going to be one of his guests on his show later today (noon-3pm CST), but did not say what time CtE was going to be on. I do not get to listen to all of Dan's show, so if someone does (or can) please keep an ear to it and let us know if CtE promoted ChampCar at all.

cameraman
11-22-05, 01:21 PM
He seems to be quite serious about it.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2005/By400/20051121P_0001.jpg

chop456
11-22-05, 01:23 PM
He was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and the subject didn't come up. Since he's going to be talking to Dan Patrick, I'm guessing it will.

Wabbit
11-22-05, 02:57 PM
He was on Leno Friday night. Mumbled something. Don't think he said the ChampCar name. Mumbled the team name (or initials). Yeah, a great spokesperson.

NismoZ
11-22-05, 06:34 PM
People, relax. It's about SELF promotion. The reason it's a big deal is because he's a popular BLACK entertainer. The reason Danica is such a big deal is because she is FEMALE. It is a symbiotic relationship. If he can bring money and noteriety to the series AND promote himself, then, wonderful! Mutual benefit, nothing more, nothing less . I have a hard time believing he is a passionate ChampCar fan and knows the difference between turbo charged and normally aspirated, but if his participation is beneficial to the series then I will support his involvement. Posers don't last long in the racing world and we'll just have to wait on this one. I hope it works out, and if it leads to a driver of African (edit: AMERICAN, many appologies. Then what do we call the Euro F-3 Champ?)) descent (never been mentioned as far as I know) making it into ChampCar based on his talent behind the wheel, then so much the better.

Winston Wolfe
11-22-05, 07:42 PM
People, relax. It's about SELF promotion. The reason it's a big deal is because he's a popular BLACK entertainer. The reason Danica is such a big deal is because she is FEMALE. It is a symbiotic relationship. If he can bring money and noteriety to the series AND promote himself, then, wonderful! Mutual benefit, nothing more, nothing less . I have a hard time believing he is a passionate ChampCar fan and knows the difference between turbo charged and normally aspirated, but if his participation is beneficial to the series then I will support his involvement. Posers don't last long in the racing world and we'll just have to wait on this one. I hope it works out, and if it leads to a driver of African descent (never been mentioned as far as I know) making it into ChampCar based on his talent behind the wheel, then so much the better.

First, Nismo schools us on gossip and marketing, and now it is time for a lesson in the difference between "PROMOTION" and SELF promotion.... see the CAPS boys and girls, that is for EMPHASIS.... Did you know CtE is popular because he is BLACK ? Geez, I thought it was because he was funny in the Bud Light commercials and again in one of those Barber Shop movies !
As far as leading to a driver of African descent... does that include SOUTH Africa ? Like maybe one of the Scheckter clan.... does that count ? :confused:

I think the important thing to note here is that almost any PROMOTION for CCWS is generally a GOOD thing (unless it involves MERGE talks, CAR COUNT REDUCTIONS, SPONSORS leaving, or DRIVERS being HURT).... Clearly, it seems that CtE had an OPPORTUNITY for PROMOTION of the SERIES, but it seems that he took the opportunity for SELF PROMOTION, instead. :D

See the DIFFERENCE, boys and girls ? :shakehead

NismoZ
11-22-05, 08:41 PM
You BET. You got most of it exactly right. The only part you screw up is done intentionally for EMPHASIS. I school nobody, I just enter opinion. Tough toenails if you disagree. Sure appreciate that geography lesson. I was unaware that to some "African American" meant white people from the Southland, too. My suggestion was to relax, but tie yourself in a knot if you wish. As noted, if the promotion goes both ways, fine. He ain't in it just for ChampCar.

High Sided
11-22-05, 09:40 PM
"African" was all that was stated. my opinion is cedric found a way to self promote and to out do his buddies by pimping a champcar ride. :thumdown:

Methanolandbrats
11-22-05, 09:59 PM
I disagree Cedric is doing this to promote himself. Nobody cares about Champcar, so how is being affiliated with Champcar going to help his career? I think the guy found something he really enjoys and thought what the hell, I'm gonna try this.

TravelGal
11-23-05, 01:51 AM
I disagree Cedric is doing this to promote himself. Nobody cares about Champcar, so how is being affiliated with Champcar going to help his career? I think the guy found something he really enjoys and thought what the hell, I'm gonna try this.

I agree with this. The problem he is finding is that the summary above is exactly the sum and substance of the situation. He can't answer detailed questions about anything or talk at length because, IMHO, he thinks it's cool and sees a chance to be a player and he's gonna give it whirl. End of story--at least for the moment.

He certainly seemed nice enough when I talked to him in Mexico City. He was around for the practices, the qualies, and the race. He was as involved as a newbie can be.

tllips
11-23-05, 09:34 AM
So, did anybody hear the interview with Dan Patrick? Did they mention ChampCar?

I know it was on late in Dan's show, but could not hear it.

Wabbit
11-23-05, 12:55 PM
Wasn't this just a promotion deal for him...no cash involoved?

tllips
11-23-05, 01:09 PM
Yes, no cash involved. I believe CtE is supposed to use his name and celebrity to bring sponsorship to the team.

High Sided
11-23-05, 06:36 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2005/By400/20051121P_0001.jpg

now that man can pimp a ride :laugh:

RacinM3
11-23-05, 10:27 PM
I saw him on Leno, he most definitely DID mention Champ Car.

Ronbo
11-23-05, 10:51 PM
So, did anybody hear the interview with Dan Patrick? Did they mention ChampCar?

I know it was on late in Dan's show, but could not hear it.

I listened to the whole interview. Never a mention of CC. All DP wanted to talk about is the American Music Awards and other trivial junk. I was hoping for more.

oddlycalm
11-24-05, 03:06 PM
Who the hell is Dan Patrick...?

pchall
11-24-05, 08:10 PM

Pretty lame sports guy on ESPN radio.

Click here (http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=danpatrick) if for some reason you feel compelled to learn more.

CART T. Katz
11-25-05, 12:37 AM
two words: helmet hair

Ronbo
11-30-05, 01:31 AM

He is a sportscaster who has no b**ls. He does not ask tough questions and is very pc. But he has been ay ESPN long enough that he has some pull. I was very disapointed that CC never came up!

Ankf00
11-30-05, 01:42 AM
Dan Patrick has no problem calling out Michael Irvin about drug tests, or TO when he's being a brat...

he's a douche, but far better than Rome...

rabbit
11-30-05, 09:22 AM
he's a douche, but far better than Rome...
Yeah, but has Dan Patrick ever got his #$% kicked by Jim Everett? (http://www.funnyhub.net/videos/dont-call-me-chris.wmv) :laugh:

chop456
11-30-05, 09:36 AM
Yeah, but has Dan Patrick ever got his #$% kicked by Jim Everett? (http://www.funnyhub.net/videos/dont-call-me-chris.wmv) :laugh:

Too bad it wasn't 100x worse.

Jervis Tetch 1
11-30-05, 12:19 PM
And he got it kicked in the jungle too.