PDA

View Full Version : Das Heisman

coolhand
11-21-05, 05:24 AM
lets break it down.

Matt Leintert ahs already stated he thinks it should go to Bush and will put his heisman vote towards him (So will Garret, Simpson, White, Allen, and Palmer :p :p )

But lets compare Leinert and Young.

Vince Young-
Season Stats -- Young is 156-of-255 for 2,414 yards with 22 TDs and 8 INTs. He also has 117 carries for 796 yards and 8 TDs.

Leinert-
Season Stats -- Leinart is 233-of-351 for 3235 yards with 24 TDs and 7 INTs. He also has 6 rushing TDs.

More passing yards, less INTs, and only two less rushing TD's. And Matt admits that he thinks Bush is the best player on the team. And statswise Young does not stand over Leinert in most catagories.

coolhand
11-21-05, 03:36 PM
VOTE FOR BUSH (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=feldman_bruce&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fname%3dfeldman_bruce#20051121)

coolhand
11-25-05, 07:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=tb-heisman112205&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

1. Bush
2. Leinert
3. Young

The A&M game did not help Young at all.

dando
11-25-05, 11:43 PM
Leinert > Young, no contest. It's too bad the only one of the two faced a good D all season. However, Brady is the better pro QB hands down.

Bush wins Heistman by a fair margin. Hawk wins Butkus and Lombardi....now that's what I'm talking 'bout Willis.

-Kevin

skaven
12-10-05, 05:50 PM
Goter Logic (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051210/GATORS24/212100329) gives his Heisman vote to Young.

I voted for Young because he finally got Mack Brown over the hump. :rofl:

He does wonder what the outcome would be if the Fresno State game (513 all-purpose yards by Bush - inflated by a bunch of mediocre kickoff returns) had been early in the season and the Ohio State game (506 yards OFFENSE by Young) at the end of the season?

Regardless, Bush wins the Wuerrfel. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-10-05, 05:54 PM
Hawk had no business getting the Lombardi over Elvis Dumervil, Butkus & Bednarik sure, Lombardi? no way. D-1A leading 20 sacks, 10 forced fumbles...

also, skaven needs to fix that stat, that was 506 yards OFFENSE, not all-purpose... :gomer:

(btw, down this way call it the Ware instead of the Wuerrfel :gomer: )

TrueBrit
12-11-05, 01:40 AM
For those that know me, this is the ONLY time I'd ever say....Vote for Bush!!! :D

jcollins28
12-11-05, 03:31 AM
For those that know me, this is the ONLY time I'd ever say....Vote for Bush!!! :D

Wow Truebrit! Long time since I have seen you, how have you been?

TrueBrit
12-11-05, 01:20 PM
Wow Truebrit! Long time since I have seen you, how have you been?

Very well, thanks for asking....I usually lurk around here, see what's up, although we had a memorable chat session for the GP of Japan at O-Dark-Thirty recently that was good fun!

Cheers!!

Pip!! Pip!!

skaven
12-11-05, 01:34 PM
also, skaven needs to fix that stat, that was 506 yards OFFENSE, not all-purpose... :gomer:

(btw, down this way call it the Ware instead of the Wuerrfel :gomer: )

Done ! ! ! :thumbup:

The Ware, eh? I'll take the Wuerrfel with a side of "Fun-N-Gun" over Ware with a side of "Run-N-Gun" any day. :gomer:

skaven
12-11-05, 01:35 PM

Zinger. :rofl:

Ankf00
12-11-05, 01:37 PM
Done ! ! ! :thumbup:

The Ware, eh? I'll take the Wuerrfel with a side of "Fun-N-Gun" over Ware with a side of "Run-N-Gun" any day. :gomer:

run-n-shoot actually, WR's making reads on the fly, worked pretty well until UH was caught cheating a 2nd time, Ware won his while UH was still under probation... :laugh:

run n gun are all these spread offenses w/ 2 way qb's everyone's running these days w/ the shotgun base set and zone-read. nice fun-n-gun vs. NU in that 95 Fiesta eh? :gomer:

skaven
12-11-05, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the clarification Cliff Clavin. No need to bring up the '95 Fiesta Bowl though... :mad: :D

Ankf00
12-12-05, 02:03 AM
Chris Carter being interviewed on some sports show hosted by tim mccarver airing right now... said he's coaching at Ft. Lauderdale St Thomas Aquinis... this would explain why Tim Tebow's such a badass HS recruit... funny, such an NFL badass coaching HS.