PDA

View Full Version : UGH!!!! Homestead Race

trish
11-20-05, 05:30 PM
Kyle Busch just crashed the car. He's going to ruin my chances of a top ten. :cry:

trish
11-20-05, 05:38 PM
If Jeff Gordon wrecks Newman...

trish
11-20-05, 05:39 PM
This race is kind of intense.

Methanolandbrats
11-20-05, 05:42 PM
This race is kind of intense. I usually fall asleep by lap 20, still semi-conscious........maybe you're right :)

trish
11-20-05, 05:44 PM
BLab spins. Caution!

trish
11-20-05, 05:52 PM
Anybody know if the crew guys who got hit by Rudd are ok?

trish
11-20-05, 05:54 PM
Stewart has to finish 9th or better to win the championship. He's currently in 13th.

trish
11-20-05, 06:04 PM
Dicey move by Gordon.

trish
11-20-05, 06:15 PM
Caution! Stremme crashes. Let's see if Edwards keeps his lead off the pits.

trish
11-20-05, 06:23 PM
Anybody know if the crew guys who got hit by Rudd are ok?

Treated and released.

nissan gtp
11-20-05, 06:24 PM
smoke will take it all :thumbup:

trish
11-20-05, 06:27 PM
smoke will take it all :thumbup:

We'll see.

trish
11-20-05, 06:41 PM
Looks like Jimmie's tire is going down. Hopefully he'll take care of it before he causes an incident.

trish
11-20-05, 06:44 PM
What a bunch of dumb asses.

manic mechanic
11-20-05, 06:48 PM
What's that old expression:

"you need a caution, but don't want to BE the caution"...

So it is down to 3...

manic

trish
11-20-05, 06:51 PM
Biffle's spotter knew he had a flat. Wally said the tire looked soft. Does anyone monitor the tv?

trish
11-20-05, 07:24 PM
Now that JJ crashed out, Tony has to finish in the top 20 to clinch the championship.

trish
11-20-05, 07:32 PM
Contact between Newman and Gordon leaves the 12 with a bad tire rub.

trish
11-20-05, 07:35 PM
Newman's now 1 lap down after stoping for new left side tires and getting the fender straightend out.

trish
11-20-05, 07:44 PM
traffic and lots of it.

Casey Mears is still the leader with 48 to go.

trish
11-20-05, 07:46 PM
Kasey Kahne makes an early pit stop. He was having a vibration.

trish
11-20-05, 07:53 PM
Man, I've got butterflies in my tummy.

Looks like everyone's getting close to their pit windows.

Jeff Gordon stops under green. Four tires and a trackbar change.

The leader, Casey Mears on pit road. He almost spins on pit road! Gets in the grass!!! I hope they don't get him for speeding or something.

Mark Martin makes his final stop. Almost spun. Looks like the entry to the pits is a bit slippery. Four tires for Martin.

Carl Edwards in. Four tires and some adjustments.

Stewart makes his final stop and is off.

Biffle makes his stop.

Here comes Biffle to make his stop along with Harvick.

Four tires for Harvick.

Casey Mears passes Mark Martin on the track. Should end up the leader once everyone makes their final stop.

34 to go.

nissan gtp
11-20-05, 08:00 PM
trish owns this thead.

smoke has the cab boys covered :thumbup:

trish
11-20-05, 08:00 PM
19 to go and Mears still in the lead. Can he win his first race?

trish
11-20-05, 08:03 PM
Caution! Darn frenchman!

Cautions breed cautions......

I can't imagine anyone stopping with 16 to go.

trish
11-20-05, 08:04 PM
It looks like all the leaders are stopping.

Mears will come out second to Biffle it looks like.

Stewart did not pit.

edit: Stewart now pits after the other lead lap cars.

edit: I still don't know when they go to a single file restart.

I think there's gonna be a pileup.

Green 11 to go.

trish
11-20-05, 08:12 PM
Mark Martin tries to take the lead from Dave Blaney. Biffle makes it three-wide and takes the lead. Martin in 2nd. Blaney falls back to 4th. Kenseth in 3rd. Carl Edwards in 7th. Tony Stewart set to take his second championship.

trish
11-20-05, 08:13 PM
Five laps to go......

Will Mark challenge Greg or will he play the nice guy?

trish
11-20-05, 08:15 PM
Side by side.......last lap..... Biffle pulls away........ side by side........

Biffle wins by a nose!!!!!!!!!

cart7
11-20-05, 08:22 PM
Nice finish. Great job for Tony Stewart. That guy has changed in a big way.

Good to see Carl Edwards finish 2nd. I'll be looking for a Carl Edwards T-shirt over the winter. :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
11-20-05, 08:24 PM
Awfully long hug between Stewart and Zippy :saywhat:

Sean O'Gorman
11-20-05, 08:40 PM
Were you timing it or something? :saywhat: :saywhat:

RusH
11-20-05, 08:54 PM
Nice Roush cautions there...

If I knew beforehand about this thread, I would not have bothered to watch :gomer:

Good job for pizzaboy, glad he left the fence climbing for the foreners.

spinner26
11-20-05, 09:01 PM

If I knew beforehand about this thread, I would not have bothered to watch :gomer:

Congrats to Smoke and the whole 20 Team! :thumbup:

NismoZ
11-20-05, 09:05 PM
Ahhh...Roush got the call! :p Has ANY team ever finished 1-2-3-4? He should expand to a 10 car operation.

trish
11-20-05, 09:09 PM

If I didn't post to myself, I'd probably fall asleep. :)

coolhand
11-20-05, 11:32 PM
Stewart is going a lap down throw the "debris caution"

Stu
11-21-05, 06:15 AM
Stewart is going a lap down throw the "debris caution"

That was serious BS. That gave him the championship. If they throw a caution 2 laps later when he is a lap down, then all the lap down cars are right behind him come the restart, and he is screwed. His car was garbage and he would have finished worse than 20th.

trish
11-21-05, 08:26 AM
Awfully long hug between Stewart and Zippy :saywhat:
Someone on another forum asked if Tony really kissed Zippy on the lips. :saywhat: I didn't watch the post-race too closely so I don't know what you all saw.

JohnHKart
11-21-05, 08:28 AM
Geez what a let down on the coverage at the end of the race. I know the main focus is the championship and the race winner....but no footage of Rusty getting out of the car to the cheers of his team and other people....No driving down pit road while everybody gives him thumbs up....No ceremonial last lap like Richard Petty....(although he's not the King) What a total bummer. Nothing on Ricky Rudd either who may never drive again. Major letdown.

John

Stu
11-21-05, 08:35 AM
Geez what a let down on the coverage at the end of the race. I know the main focus is the championship and the race winner....but no footage of Rusty getting out of the car to the cheers of his team and other people....No driving down pit road while everybody gives him thumbs up....No ceremonial last lap like Richard Petty....What a total bummer. Nothing on Ricky Rudd either who may never drive again. Major letdown.

John

They interviewed Wallace. That was enough. Please dont try to compare Rusty to Richard Petty. What did Bill Elliot get a few years ago? Terry Labonte?

JohnHKart
11-21-05, 09:59 AM
They interviewed Wallace. That was enough. Please dont try to compare Rusty to Richard Petty. What did Bill Elliot get a few years ago? Terry Labonte?

Actually I knew I should have said that of course he's not as big as Petty...Both those you mention are still driving in Cup although part time.

John

TKGAngel
11-21-05, 01:38 PM
Geez what a let down on the coverage at the end of the race. I know the main focus is the championship and the race winner....but no footage of Rusty getting out of the car to the cheers of his team and other people....No driving down pit road while everybody gives him thumbs up....No ceremonial last lap like Richard Petty....(although he's not the King) What a total bummer. Nothing on Ricky Rudd either who may never drive again. Major letdown.

John

Speed's prerace coverage OD'd on the Rusty love. I was ready to start a drinking game everytime Kenny Wallace pulled out a variation of 'my brother Rusty...'

Methinks the awfully long hug between Zippy and Tony was Tony telling Zippy what his bonus for winning the championship was. IIRC, last time Tony won, Zippy got a Corvette.

Stu
11-21-05, 01:52 PM
Actually I knew I should have said that of course he's not as big as Petty...Both those you mention are still driving in Cup although part time.

John

True, Elliot and Labonte still race here and there but they are pretty much retired. I think had it been any other year, where we already knew Stewart would have been champion going into the race, they would have made a bigger deal out of Rusty and the other changes that will be occuring.

But remember, we'll see Rusty at the awards banquet.

spinner26
11-21-05, 02:13 PM
THANK GOD Rusty is gone, what more did we need to see or her. He came in with an ego and went out with it fully intact, LOOK AT ME, WHAT ABOUT ME, WHY ME.

So long Rusty enjoy your dealerships your golf and your new racetrack, you won't be missed, you whiney ***! Now Ryan gets a punk for a teammate vs. a whiney ***. What a deal.

All drivers should retire the same way Ricky Rudd did. Oh by the way next week will be my final race. No more needed. Sure he'll do one offs or whatever but no season long fanfare BS.!

Stu
11-21-05, 02:56 PM
THANK GOD Rusty is gone, what more did we need to see or her. He came in with an ego and went out with it fully intact, LOOK AT ME, WHAT ABOUT ME, WHY ME.

So long Rusty enjoy your dealerships your golf and your new racetrack, you won't be missed, you whiney ***! Now Ryan gets a punk for a teammate vs. a whiney ***. What a deal.

All drivers should retire the same way Ricky Rudd did. Oh by the way next week will be my final race. No more needed. Sure he'll do one offs or whatever but no season long fanfare BS.!

Dude, Ricky Rudd sucks. Not many people are gonna miss his 25th place finishes each and every week. Wallace was a legitimate contender at nearly every track, and made the chase. I'd say his fan base was a just a teeny weeny bit bigger than Rudds and Miller did a wise marketing move using his last year as an advertisement.

Yea like Rusty is the only driver out there with an Ego. :rolleyes:

Cough <Gordon, Johson, Harvick, Busch, Busch, Newman, etc.> Cough

trish
11-21-05, 03:05 PM
Rudd didn't do to bad in the 28.

devilmaster
11-21-05, 03:17 PM
Dude, Ricky Rudd sucks. Not many people are gonna miss his 25th place finishes each and every week.

oh please. I ain't a Rudd fan, but he was better than what you say. Check the stats. He won at least one race every year from 83 to 98. Finished 2nd in the championship once, top 5 finish in the championship more than once.

His fall happened when he left a two car team in Yates and went to Wood Bros' one car team, hoping that perhaps they could revive the team's fortune. It didn't happen.

He wasn't the best out there, but he wasn't as bad as you think. Just cause you weren't out of diapers when he was winning races doesn't mean your reality is right. :rolleyes:

Stu
11-21-05, 03:24 PM
oh please. I ain't a Rudd fan, but he was better than what you say. Check the stats. He won at least one race every year from 83 to 98. Finished 2nd in the championship once, top 5 finish in the championship more than once.

His fall happened when he left a two car team in Yates and went to Wood Bros' one car team, hoping that perhaps they could revive the team's fortune. It didn't happen.

He wasn't the best out there, but he wasn't as bad as you think. Just cause you weren't out of diapers when he was winning races doesn't mean your reality is right. :rolleyes:

True, you are right, he was good, back about 7 seasons ago. But I get the feeling that had he retired when he still had the ability to win races (like Rusty is) that they would have made a bigger deal out of it than they did for a back of the pack driver that is the 21st century Rudd.

trish
11-21-05, 04:01 PM
Did Rusty win a race this year?

Stu
11-21-05, 04:15 PM
Did Rusty win a race this year?

Not in 2005 no.

8 tops 5's. 17 top 10's. 8th in points on the year. 7th under the old points system.

Stu
11-22-05, 01:26 PM
Not deserving of its own thread, but Stewart will be on Letterman on Friday night.