PDA

View Full Version : I lost my owner's manual

rabbit
11-20-05, 02:44 PM
to my Panasonic VCR. Now I need to reprogram the remote control and I can't figure out how. It is a model PV-8405S VCR. The remote part number is VSQS1560. I want to program it for an older Zenith TV. I have tried to find an owner's manual online, but have come up empty handed. Anyone have any ideas?

Ankf00
11-20-05, 02:53 PM
found the pv-8400 and 8401 on their website but no dice on the '05...

8400:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vProdSupportModel?displayTab=R&surfModel=PV-8400&modelNo=PV-8400&storeId=15001&catalogId=11017&itemId=60365&displayServiceCenter=true#

8401:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vProdSupportModel?displayTab=R&surfModel=PV-8401&modelNo=PV-8401&storeId=15001&catalogId=11017&itemId=60366&displayServiceCenter=true#

i had 2 different older Panasonic vcr's, and the same remote control programming code would work for both of them, so perhaps the instructions from the 8400 or 8401 will apply for your 8405 as well...

edit: the 8401 has the same model remote control as yours, so try out that .pdf user manual from the link...

rabbit
11-20-05, 03:41 PM
Thanks Ank :thumbup:

pchall
11-20-05, 07:59 PM
I was going to suggest that you give me a list of all your ex girlfriends so I could interview them and write a new owner's manual for you.

:gomer:

Methanolandbrats
11-20-05, 08:05 PM
Panasonic, Zenith.......man you own some s***** electronics ;)

rabbit
11-20-05, 08:13 PM
Panasonic, Zenith.......man you own some s***** electronics ;)
It's some old-school stuff, for sure. It's going in my garage so I can watch football and work at the same time.

CARTNUT
11-20-05, 10:11 PM
What is a VCR? :confused:

but seriously, I just looked out in the garage where I thought I saw some old A/V manuals and found one for a model PV-7665S from about '95 I think. Basically, it says to hold down the TV Button and enter (Zenith) code number 04. If that doesn't work, try other codes from 01 to 15. Or, go out and get another one. What are they nowadays at Wal-Mart, like $15.? Good Luck!

RacinM3
11-21-05, 12:50 PM
Hey, my old Zenith 3-head non-hi-fi vcr is still going strong at around 15 years old! That can't be said for the other "later and greater" units I bought that are now in the trash heap!

Stu
11-21-05, 01:30 PM
Hey, my old Zenith 3-head non-hi-fi vcr is still going strong at around 15 years old! That can't be said for the other "later and greater" units I bought that are now in the trash heap!

Just cuz it still works doesnt mean you should be using it. :)

Ankf00
11-21-05, 01:57 PM

seriously, have a 25 year old trinitron that's outlasted 3 newer, more expensive, units at the folks' house...

rabbit
11-21-05, 02:06 PM
What is a VCR? :confused:

but seriously, I just looked out in the garage where I thought I saw some old A/V manuals and found one for a model PV-7665S from about '95 I think. Basically, it says to hold down the TV Button and enter (Zenith) code number 04. If that doesn't work, try other codes from 01 to 15. Or, go out and get another one. What are they nowadays at Wal-Mart, like $15.? Good Luck!
That was what the manuals Ank linked to said to do. Unfortunately, it didn't work. (It had a disclaimer that basically said that if none of the listed codes worked, then I was SOL.) Oh well, off to Wally World.

BTW - the Zenith is going on 12 years old and has been moved, dropped and slammed more times than I can count. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Same for the VCR, going on 10 years. :thumbup:

trish
11-21-05, 02:39 PM
I found it.......

edit: http://service.us.panasonic.com/operman/

Only enter the model number.

Instructions for remote start on page 24 of the pdf. You may want to print the whole thing if you'd like a copy of your owner's manual.

trish
11-21-05, 02:48 PM
That was what the manuals Ank linked to said to do. Unfortunately, it didn't work. (It had a disclaimer that basically said that if none of the listed codes worked, then I was SOL.) Oh well, off to Wally World.

BTW - the Zenith is going on 12 years old and has been moved, dropped and slammed more times than I can count. It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Same for the VCR, going on 10 years. :thumbup:

These instructions are correct. You are probably just doing it wrong. Maybe you have to hold it down and wait for a light to come on (and stay on) the remote or something like that before entering the code.

CARTNUT
11-21-05, 04:28 PM
Are the batteries good?

rabbit
11-21-05, 04:30 PM
Are the batteries good?Yep, it worked on everything else I tried it on, just not the Zenith.

Oh well.

trish
11-21-05, 04:32 PM
Yep, it worked on everything else I tried it on, just not the Zenith.

Oh well.
Don't give up. Try, try again. Did you look at the manual?

trish
11-21-05, 04:34 PM
By the way, why do you have to reprogram the remote? What happened to make it stop functioning?

rabbit
11-21-05, 04:42 PM
These instructions are correct. You are probably just doing it wrong. Maybe you have to hold it down and wait for a light to come on (and stay on) the remote or something like that before entering the code.
Don't give up. Try, try again. Did you look at the manual?
By the way, why do you have to reprogram the remote? What happened to make it stop functioning?Sheesh, you sound like my mother-in-law.

I wasn't reprogramming it. I lost the remote to the Zenith, but I had the universal remote for the VCR, so I thought I would see if they were compatible. I tried it every conceivable way. They are not compatible. End of story.

trish
11-21-05, 04:44 PM
I bet she's a wonderful person. :)

rabbit
11-21-05, 04:45 PM
I bet she's a wonderful person. :)
;)