PDA

View Full Version : 'our ambassador thread'-embarassing

TRANSAM
11-19-05, 04:21 AM
The 'our ambassador' thread was truly embarassing.Immature,stupid,rude and embarassing.

chop456
11-19-05, 11:34 AM
One space after a comma and two after a period. :thumbup:

mapguy
11-19-05, 11:36 AM
One space after a comma and two after a period. :thumbup:

:D

cart7
11-19-05, 11:55 AM
We were playing hard to get. ;)

rabbit
11-19-05, 03:14 PM
The 'our ambassador' thread was truly embarassing.Immature,stupid,rude and embarassing.

"How redundant."

"Why thank you!"

coolhand
11-20-05, 05:06 PM
and funny :thumbup:

dando
11-20-05, 07:13 PM
I blame SOG.

:runs:

:D

-Kevin

Twisty Bits
11-21-05, 12:04 AM
Embarrassing, I'll tell ya about embarrassing. I've been waiting here (http://www.citybeermarket.com/) for 3 days for FOCC to buy me a beer. I'm goin home. It's all SOG's fault.

emjaya
11-21-05, 09:17 AM
I blame FOCC,once she stared talking about Canadian beer it all went crazy. :p

nrc
11-21-05, 12:39 PM
We agree.

Look, we don't want to be the "No Fun Police". But when too many threads start turning into juvenile goof sessions it turns people off.

Some people seem to be determined to have the forum version of the back seat "Don't touch me/I'm not touching you" argument here on the forum. Stop it. Don't pick at people who are not otherwise involved in a thread whether it's because you do or don't like them. Don't make me stop this car.

SteveH
11-21-05, 11:57 PM
Oh oh, Dad's getting pissed. :p

Kiwifan
11-22-05, 03:35 AM
Part of me wants to say " Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?........" and part of me wants to say "Yes Dad.". ;)

Understood Boss, does that also mean no more Aussie Bashing? :)

Rusty.

Sean O'Gorman
11-22-05, 05:40 PM
Ank keeps poking me!!! :cry:

Stu
11-22-05, 08:22 PM
We agree.

Look, we don't want to be the "No Fun Police". But when too many threads start turning into juvenile goof sessions it turns people off.

Some people seem to be determined to have the forum version of the back seat "Don't touch me/I'm not touching you" argument here on the forum. Stop it. Don't pick at people who are not otherwise involved in a thread whether it's because you do or don't like them. Don't make me stop this car.

I'm just curious, but was there any proof that she really was the Face of Champ Car other than the screenname and her knowledge of the league?

Although I guess the mods would have stopped it earlier had she not been for real.

devilmaster
11-22-05, 08:54 PM
Ank keeps poking me!!! :cry:

Well, yer finally getting some, so stop freakin complainin.

emjaya
11-22-05, 09:14 PM
Understood Boss, does that also mean no more Aussie Bashing? :)

Rusty.

Baa Baa :gomer:

Kiwifan
11-23-05, 01:09 AM
Out of the way, sheep shagger! Hilux Ad, again! (http://www.oktobor.co.nz/commercials/)

As I've said before it's a Toyota Ad but you can see what Australasian talent can do. ;)

Love ya, Aussies.

Rusty.

PS, the movie does play with the FLV Player but you can use Quicktime. I Think. :)

TravelGal
11-23-05, 01:41 AM
I'm just curious, but was there any proof that she really was the Face of Champ Car other than the screenname and her knowledge of the league.

Although I guess the mods would have stopped it earlier had she not been for real.

That was one of the problems I had. If she's is the face of Champ Car, which I believed (for no particular reason), she needs to learn a lot about representing the series.

As for the rest, typical stuff. One of the best things about Off Camber is that we're all friends here unlike other places. Nevertheless, the ribbing crosses the line sometimes. Where exactly that line is can depend upon one's own mental state at the time. It's awfully silly sometimes too. Not my type of humor but my type is not universal either.

I think the mods did a good job by letting it go but it was one of those threads that proved how much people will say when they don't think anyone is listening and then how much they backpedal when they find out someone is.

Best rule is not to hide behind the net. Don't type anything you wouldn't say to someone's face. It's a rule I follow always. Sometimes it makes my posts seem bland in comparison but I'm always aware of how far I'd go in person and I don't let my fingers do the walking any further than that.

I guess that's enough mixed metaphores for one night. :)

Sean O'Gorman
11-23-05, 05:46 PM
Best rule is not to hide behind the net. Don't type anything you wouldn't say to someone's face. It's a rule I follow always.

:thumbup:

I think I come off in person pretty much the same as I do online, and I've had nothing but pleasant encounters with people from OC. Even Spicoli. Most people seem to tone it down quite a bit from their online personas. Except Ank, I think he is worse in person. :laugh:

TravelGal
11-23-05, 05:58 PM
:thumbup:

I think I come off in person pretty much the same as I do online, and I've had nothing but pleasant encounters with people from OC. Even Spicoli. Most people seem to tone it down quite a bit from their online personas. Except Ank, I think he is worse in person. :laugh:

But Ank's so CUUUUUUUUTE! ;)

Otherwise, I think you're right. I like Spicoli in person. And I am looking forward to meeting *you* one day!

dando
11-23-05, 06:32 PM
Most people seem to tone it down quite a bit from their online personas. Except Ank, I think he is worse in person. :laugh:

That would depend on the consumption of beverage. I met him while he was recovering, and he was much more subdued. When he phoned me during your encounter, it was a diff'rent story altogether.

TG, Ank cute? I guess if you like rodents...he reminds me of Speedy Gonzalez. :D :p

-Kevin

TravelGal
11-24-05, 01:54 AM
TG, Ank cute? I guess if you like rodents...he reminds me of Speedy Gonzalez. :D :p

-Kevin

Must be the hat.

Kiwifan
11-24-05, 02:16 AM
Um, this may be off topic but where is Spicoli? It's been so quiet of late. ;)

Rusty.