PDA

View Full Version : Italian GP in Jeopardy?

Chitowncartfreak
11-17-05, 11:08 AM
First Spa become questionable for 06, now Monza is iffy.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/20818/

Methanolandbrats
11-17-05, 11:20 AM
The judge sure is a *******. Noise? Useless activity? Big impact on environment :saywhat: Yet another example of someone in a position of power swinging their dick around and trying to prevent other people from enjoying themselves.

jonovision_man
11-17-05, 12:06 PM
“superfluous, dangerous and socially useless activity with a big impact on the environment.”

A big impact on the environment? Please. I'd bet that more fuel is burnt in 1 second on an average day in Italy than for an entire GP. It's only 20 cars after all, a couple tanks of fuel.

Gnam
11-17-05, 12:20 PM
The track must operate year round, so it's more than just the impact of one GP weekend. Still, people are morons. What else does Monza have that attracts world attention and tourists?

NismoZ
11-17-05, 01:16 PM
I suspect this isn't as big a deal as cutting down those trees for safety reasons, was. Won't the V-8s be quieter than the V-10s? If so, problem soon solved. It'll all come down to money, anyway. If the organizers decide to move the whole show elsewhere I'm guessing a compromise would be quickly found. It's not unlike legalized extortion. If the Greenies win, there are a number of excellent sites for an Italian GP. Noise concern is probably the best reason CC decided to stay with the turbos.

Methanolandbrats
11-17-05, 01:30 PM
V8s might be louder since they rev higher. Can't wait to hear one. As far as Monza goes, one man's noise is another man's music. I'm guessing most of the people bitching about the "noise" moved to homes near the track well after the track was built. Same as the morons around here who move into the country next to a farm and bitch about smells and dust. The Green movement was great for reducing pollution but it steps over the line when they try to legislate stuff like this.

indyfan31
11-17-05, 02:30 PM
Methanolandbrats is right, it's a case of a judge shoving his own opinion down people's throats instead of just interpreting the law. Did he ever sit on our 9th Circuit?

RichK
11-18-05, 04:37 PM
From superbikeplanet.com:

Racing too loud for Italians; welcome to hell everybody.

:laugh:

Ankf00
11-18-05, 04:47 PM
Methanolandbrats is right, it's a case of a judge shoving his own opinion down people's throats instead of just interpreting the law. Did he ever sit on our 9th Circuit?

you haven't seen the Italian judicial system in work before I take it, it can get much funnier with regard to sports, much, MUCH funnier... :laugh:

be thankful our courts have never dictated which teams play in which leagues and who gets to play in a playoff :laugh: