PDA

View Full Version : It's 2:42 in the morning

rabbit
11-17-05, 03:48 AM
And I'm studying for finals. Ok, maybe I should be more specific: I'm trying to pry my eyes back open so I can keep studying for finals. My @$$ hurts because I've been in this chair all week either writing papers or studying. I am soooo dehydrated from all the coffee I've been drinking. I've seen my wife and daughter for a grand total of 15 minutes this week. And my shoulders and back hurt from leaning over a computer 12+ hours a day.

One more quarter of this crap and I graduate. It can't come soon enough. (Of course then it's off to law school where the real fun starts.)

Uggh. :cry:

Ankf00
11-17-05, 09:58 AM
alternate with some hot tea, green tea, hydrates ya. always helps me stay up.

and man, you're taking some early finals... nov 17th?! :eek:

Ed_Severson
11-17-05, 10:01 AM

No **** ... I'd eat my firstborn if I could be done next week!

rabbit
11-17-05, 12:07 PM
alternate with some hot tea, green tea, hydrates ya. always helps me stay up.

We're on quarters, which means three finals weeks every year. Except this year for me. I graduate Feb. 27.

dando
11-17-05, 12:32 PM
Good luck, Rabbit. Make sure you take time off for The Game on Sat. :)

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
11-17-05, 12:57 PM
We're on quarters, which means three finals weeks every year. Except this year for me. I graduate Feb. 27.

Three finals weeks?

.25 + .25 + .25 = 1?

I don't get it. :confused:

Ankf00
11-17-05, 01:02 PM
+ .25 for summer. CSU edumahcation to the rescue :gomer:

rabbit
11-17-05, 01:50 PM
:laugh:

Stu
11-17-05, 01:50 PM

well since so few actually go to school in teh summer, here in ohio we call those Trimesters. Quarters are for high school.

rabbit
11-17-05, 01:53 PM
well since so few actually go to school in teh summer, here in ohio we call those Trimesters, not quarters.
That's funny, Ohio Northern University calls them quarters. And I went to school last summer, which is why I'm graduating early.

Ankf00
11-17-05, 01:53 PM
well since so few actually go to school in teh summer, here in ohio we call those Trimesters, not quarters.

and yet Ohio Northern calls them quarters :gomer:

rabbit: good luck, and alternate in the hot green tea, very light, soothing and hydrating...

Stu
11-17-05, 01:55 PM
and yet Ohio Northern calls them quarters :gomer:

well then why is it that when you go to school for a fall session, a spring session, and a summer session, its called semesters.

but its 3 sessions? how can it be called 2???? OMGWTFBBQ??!!!???

Sean O'Gorman
11-17-05, 01:56 PM

Then rabbit would've said four finals weeks every year.

So, when I go to UT for my MBA, am I going to be on quarters or semesters?

Ankf00
11-17-05, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, McCombs school doesn't accept students with no professional work experience nor formal education.

Sean O'Gorman
11-17-05, 02:09 PM
I have formal education, my school made it to the Sweet 16 in 1986!!!

rabbit
11-17-05, 03:18 PM
I'm in the computer lab trying to finish my last paper. There are two girls in here, one of which has one of those annoying Anna-Nicole-Smith voices that just makes me want to strangle her with the mouse cord, who are studying for a Geography final at the top of their lungs. :mad: STFU or go study in your dorm! :flame:

dando
11-17-05, 03:23 PM
That's funny, Ohio Northern University calls them quarters. And I went to school last summer, which is why I'm graduating early.
Same @ OSU, and I ain't talking about the drinking game either. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-17-05, 03:24 PM
d00d, he just fergot to take his shoes off. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Stu
11-17-05, 03:50 PM
Same @ OSU, and I ain't talking about the drinking game either. :gomer:

-Kevin

It was OSU people telling me now they call it Trimesters.

Can someone tell me why its quarters if you have 3 regular sessions and 1 summer = 4 total, but its semesters when you have 2 regular and 1 summer?

I don't see how you can make fun of someone for not understanding when it makes no sense to begin with.

Ankf00
11-17-05, 05:07 PM
*sigh*

If you're going to get all prissy about CSU cracks, here we go.

Semester, a term of 4 to 6 months. Semesters weren't conceived with the purpose of fitting in a "summer session." Summer sessions are not full terms in a semester based system. Summer sessions are accelerated programs that fit in 18 or more weeks of study into anywhere from 5 to 9 weeks usually.

Quarters, however, are designed such that entire calender is symmetric. Any regular, individual unit of instruction can be taught in any term in a normal manner with a normal schedule. No acceleration, no special scheduling, no increase in work load, no decrease in course load

For further information, you can find the special "Cleveland State U" instructions for wiping your bum at Ohio Northern and Ohio State Universities as well, I'm sure. :gomer:

rabbit
11-17-05, 05:24 PM
*sigh*

Semester, a term of 4 to 6 months. Semesters weren't conceived with the purpose of fitting in a "summer session." Summer sessions are not full terms in a semester based system. Summer sessions are accelerated programs that fit in 18 or more weeks of study into anywhere from 5 to 9 weeks usually.

Quarters, however, are designed such that entire calender is symmetric. Any regular, individual unit of instruction can be taught in any term in a normal manner with a normal schedule. No acceleration, no special scheduling, no increase in work load, no decrease in course load

For further information, you can find the special "Cleveland State U" instructions for wiping your bum at Ohio Northern and Ohio State Universities as well, I'm sure. :gomer:
:rofl:

Stu
11-17-05, 06:38 PM
*sigh*

but a lot of summer courses at schools on "quarters" are accelerated.

JLMannin
11-18-05, 12:15 AM
Become a professional student. Working in the real world is over-rated.

Audi_A4
11-18-05, 12:20 AM
Don't let school get in the way of your education