PDA

View Full Version : college foosball, rivalry weeks.

Pages : [1] 2

Ankf00
11-15-05, 01:02 AM
we've already got swing state aggy squabbling with the Victors of Michigan...

good times, good times :) the next 2 weeks will pwn.

in other news, Bill Snyder retires after this season, announcement to come tomorrow...
http://kansasstate.rivals.com/

One hell of a coach to bring KSU up from the dregs to national respectability, that 98 big XII title game choke to Aggy was definitely his finest season, despite the failure in the end.

but then he did take down the "greatest college team ever" in the '03 Big XII title game and if El Roberson could've kept it in his pants, could've had a chance to win the Fiesta Bowl...

he did master whupping up on little sisters of the poor to pad the schedule, and he did have a video camera trained on the visiting team's sideline so as to decipher their hand signal callers, but have to give him credit for that record out in the middle of nowhere at the same time as some of Nebraska's best years.

one hell of a career, sad to see him go... same goes for Barry Alvarez.

Gnam
11-15-05, 02:34 AM
Big Game Week...lose every game of the season, but pull out a win against Cal State Palo Alto and it's a worthwhile season.

Go Bears! Kill the TREE!

Lizzerd
11-15-05, 03:17 AM
WTF is
pwn ?

I'm an old fart and it doesn't take much to figure out what WTF means, but pwn is like, WTF is that?

coolhand
11-15-05, 04:02 AM
WTF is ?

I'm an old fart and it doesn't take much to figure out what WTF means, but pwn is like, WTF is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet_speak

JLMannin
11-15-05, 12:14 PM
I think the Purdue vs IU game this weekend is the old oaken bucket classic, or something like that.

skaven
11-15-05, 11:49 PM
Auburn-Alabama in the Iron Bowl. Combined record of 17-3. :thumbup:

OSU-Michigan is blacked out in Mountain and Pacific time zones to ensure the quota of children's programming. :shakehead

V Tech-Virginia is now an instant ACC showdown.

More ESPN breakdowns here. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2224614) including this string of logic -

Follow along, as we show that the Miami Hurricanes want no part of the Florida International Golden Panthers:

Miami lost by three to Florida State.

Florida State lost by five to North Carolina State.

NC State lost by eight to Wake Forest.

Wake lost by four to Vanderbilt.

Vandy lost by two to Middle Tennessee State.

Middle Tennessee lost by three to Louisiana-Monroe.

And ULM lost by two to FIU, which is ranked No. 163 in the Sagarin Ratings -- second-lowest of all Division I-A teams, ahead of only winless New Mexico State.

So there you have it. Put the Canes and Panthers in 17,000-seat FIU Stadium and The Dash will establish the mighty home team, which started football in 2002, as a 27-point favorite over those pretenders from The U.

Or not.
:D

dando
11-16-05, 01:04 PM
Ladies, Gentlemen & Ank.... :D

Let it be known that it's officially Muck Fichigan week. Thusly, I submit the following for your entertainment:

Michigan Sucks (http://www.cosop.net/OSU/albums/multimedia/04MichiganHighlights-medium.wmv)

The Dead Schembechlers (http://www.deadschembechlers.com)

We Don't Give a Damn for the Whole State of Michigan (http://users.frii.com/~nmetro/osu/songs/michigan.html)

We Don't Give a Damn for the Whole State of Michigan

O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio
We're from Ohio...O-H
We're from Ohio...I-O
O, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan
The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan
We don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio

OH-IO!

Go Bucks!
Cal Sucks!

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-16-05, 01:26 PM
seeing as it's win and we're in as far as the Rose is concerned, I can resume my swing-state aggy hatin'.

Let it be known that it's officially Muck Fichigan week.witty;)

Got Cover? of NCAA '06 that is... Desmond, baby. :gomer:

and for my local contribution:

When you get to know aggy it's like discovering the Fountain of Dumb. It's an endless source of cheap entertainment.

dando
11-16-05, 01:30 PM
Got Cover? of NCAA '06 that is... Desmond, baby. :gomer:

Someone should have pushed his sorry @ss off the upper deck of The Shoe after he and Lachey pulled that stunt during GameDay before The Showdown in The Shoe. :flame: :mad:

BTW, further evidence of ESPN's anti-OSU bias...every OSU/UM replay this week on Classic is a UM victory. WTF? :mad:

-Kevin

skaven
11-16-05, 01:39 PM
BTW, further evidence of ESPN's anti-OSU bias...every OSU/UM replay this week on Classic is a UM victory. WTF? :mad:

-Kevin

They cater to their audience... in case you haven't figured it out yet, the entire world hates OSU... :p

You're alright though. :thumbup:

dando
11-16-05, 01:45 PM
They cater to their audience... in case you haven't figured it out yet, the entire world hates OSU... :p

I wear that like a badge of honor, thank you very much. :D

-Kevin

Stu
11-16-05, 01:46 PM
I dont like OSU. I dont really like Michigan.

But I am pretty damn pumped for the biggest rivalry in College Football.

Ankf00
11-16-05, 01:48 PM

You're alright though. :thumbup:
^^^ I'm with him, swing-state aggy's not too popular down in these parts. Much healthy respect for Michigan exists, however. :p

Someone should have pushed his sorry @ss off the upper deck of The Shoe after he and Lachey pulled that stunt during GameDay before The Showdown in The Shoe.
classic. one of the many moments that made my weekend that trip :laugh:

dando
11-16-05, 01:52 PM
^^^ I'm with him, swing-state aggy's not too popular down in these parts. Much healthy respect for Michigan exists, however. :p
Buncha liberal hippy types roaming around AUS way. :p We're gradually exporting Buckeyeism down there...one Finnish Homer Simpson @ a time. :D

-Kevin

skaven
11-16-05, 01:55 PM
I wear that like a badge of honor, thank you very much. :D

-Kevin

Absolutely :D

I can relate as no one likes a Gator fan in Big Twinkie land and the Florida schools are even more hated in Chicago. My favorite was when a Purdue buddy was bragging about tradition - "We play for oaken buckets and rusty nails."

I responded, "In Florida schools, we play for national championships." :D

Ankf00
11-16-05, 02:18 PM
K-State HC update: The Hayden Fry/Bill Snyder coaching tree keeps streching... and I guess a Barry Alvarez branch is going to start growing with Bielema taking over Wisconsin...

OU's OC Chuck Long was QB at Iowa when Snyder was asst. And OU's DC Brent Venables was an asst for him at KSU. Obviously both have impressive resumes from the past 5 years, especially with what they did with the merely above average talent John Blake left for Bob Stoops in '99.

In addition to those two being considered for the job, there's former K-State DC and current SMU HC Phil Bennet who's actually making some strides with that dog of a program...

North Texas has won a few straight Sun Belt titles (though they blow this year) and have the 2003 and 2004 NCAA rushing champs in Jamario Thomas and Patrick Cobb, HC Darrell Dickey was a QB for KSU in the 80's...

USF's Jim Leavitt was a co-DC w/ the big Stoops for Snyder and if USF wins out this year they win the Big East with a win over WVU and a mudhole stomped in Louisville...

TCU's Gary Patterson has obviously put together some great runs, he's in the running too, don't think he ever played/coached for/with Snyder though...

Wisky's DC Bielema was an asst for a couple of years at KSU and is looking at poaching their current DC Bob Elliot and DE coach Joe Bob Clements...

If I'm KSU's AD, I think I go for Chuck Long, Mike Stoops was really the genius behind OU's D imo, Venables hasn't been dominant since little Stoops went to the desert. Gary Patterson's a proven quantity in the head job, and put up a pair of 1 loss seasons now, dominated the Mountain West this year, but a program like KSU can afford to roll the dice on a guy like Long where the reward far outweighs the risk. Sort of have to with the location/competition KSU has... Leavitt, then Dickey, then Bennett would be my following order on the wish-list.

Mike Belotti, Bobby Bowden coaching trees nowhere near as impressive as the Hayden Fry one :gomer:

racermike
11-16-05, 02:20 PM
Oregon needs to win over Oregon State this weekend, and a lot of help, to get an at-large BCS berth.

Ankf00
11-16-05, 02:22 PM
Buncha liberal hippy types roaming around AUS way. :p We're gradually exporting Buckeyeism down there...one Finnish Homer Simpson @ a time. :D

-Kevin

Round Rock isn't Austin, he might as well live in Kansas as far as Austinites are concerned ;) But I suppose Kansas is a bit closer than Ohiyer... :gomer:

cartman
11-16-05, 02:30 PM
Hey skaven,

How bout that Steve Spurrier? I would like to thank him for hand delivering Georgia an appearance in the SEC Championship game (assuming we beat Kentucky, which shouldn't be a problem) even though we couldn't stop Auburn on 4th and 10. Hopefully for you, Urban will figure out next year that the spread offense isn't going to work against the speedy defenses of the SEC, hopefully for me, he will continue to have faith in it and keep trying to use it.

Ankf00
11-16-05, 02:47 PM
Hey skaven,

How bout that Steve Spurrier? I would like to thank him for hand delivering Georgia an appearance in the SEC Championship game (assuming we beat Kentucky, which shouldn't be a problem) even though we couldn't stop Auburn on 4th and 10. Hopefully for you, Urban will figure out next year that the spread offense isn't going to work against the speedy defenses of the SEC, hopefully for me, he will continue to have faith in it and keep trying to use it.

This year's not a true test of spread option vs. REAL defense, you've got a QB that looks like Peyton when he's on the run and is afraid of taking a hit, a weak run blocking line with an average RB, WR's hitting the ground like Italian soccer players, I mean their injury list is massive...

w/ some better suited personel (Tim Tebow, absolute freak of a qb recruit probably stays in-state w/ Gainesville, ex-Vol Schaeffer @ JUCO transferring in) and a less injury-prone offense we'll see what Meyer can do.

Can't run a "spread-option" w/o the "option" :gomer:

skaven
11-16-05, 03:17 PM
Hey skaven,

You're soooo very welcome. :gomer:

Do us SEC Easters proud in the championship game, will ya? After UF lost, I was rooting for Georgia vs. Auburn. :thumbup:

Goters get to go to the Independence Bowl. Woo Hoo. Lastly, I'm not sure if I share Ank's optimism, but I hope he's right. :)

dando
11-16-05, 03:25 PM
Mike Belotti, Bobby Bowden coaching trees nowhere near as impressive as the Hayden Fry one :gomer:
It's not a tree, it's a weed....like Kudzu. :gomer:

Them 'trees' have a way to go to match the Woody/Bo/Bear trees.

-Kevin

dando
11-16-05, 03:57 PM
http://images.ibsys.com/2005/1116/5337922_480X360.jpg

Go Bucks!

-Kevin

Easy
11-16-05, 04:04 PM

The 1982 Iowa Football coaches group picture is notable for more than the mustaches that were being rocked.

Ankf00
11-16-05, 04:10 PM
After UF lost, I was rooting for Georgia vs. Auburn. :thumbup:

WTF?! :saywhat: Some Goter you are. :saywhat:

Gnam
11-16-05, 05:09 PM
Coaches, winning records, history...pffft :rolleyes:

A truly accurate way to judge which team is better. link (http://www.teamsportsbeachwear.com/teamSelection/10005/6/)

skaven
11-16-05, 05:37 PM
WTF?! :saywhat: Some Goter you are. :saywhat:

Conference and divisional loyalty at work here... except for UT-South who I'd like to see lose every game.

Also, it helps when you beat Georgia 12 out of the last 14 meetings (or whatever).

It no longer becomes a rivalry and you (almost) start to feel sorry for them. :gomer:

Ankf00
11-16-05, 06:02 PM
There is no loyalty when it comes to border rivals. Border rivals are the enemy, the object of enmity at all times :mad: bloody foreigners...

"In the game of life, someone always has to lose. To me, if life were fair, that someone would always be Oklahoma."

I hear the pity part though, pooooor aggy... :laugh:

dando
11-17-05, 11:30 PM
37 hours and change until The Game....

AND MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS!!!

http://www.deadschembechlers.com/cover-combined-web.gif

:cool:

Go Bucks!
Muck Fichigan!

-Kevin

dando
11-18-05, 07:33 PM
~18 hours until The Game and UM still sucks!

http://www.coachtressel.com/images/traditions/TBDBITL.jpg

GO BUCKS!
MUCK FICHIGAN!

-Kevin

coolhand
11-18-05, 08:19 PM
Coaches, winning records, history...pffft :rolleyes:

A truly accurate way to judge which team is better. link (http://www.teamsportsbeachwear.com/teamSelection/10005/6/)
nice but not real SC colors
http://www.teamsportsbeachwear.com/products/images/img206.jpg

dando
11-19-05, 07:16 PM
A couple of hours after game time, and UM STILL SUCKS!!!! But maybe just a bit more than before The Game. :D Heckuva a game. Congrats to both teams. Some stupid calls and mistakes by the Bucks, but the result is all that counts. :thumbup: Sorry to see Bobby C's college career finish like that , tho. :(

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2005/1119/photo/a_ohiostate_372.jpg

OH-IO

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-19-05, 07:29 PM
tOSU chick is pasty...

LSU chick however... :D

end of OU/sand aggy game was hilarious, even the Tech guys at b dub's thought the refs rigged the game...

"what time is it?"
"3:00 pm"
"and OU STILL sucks"

DjDrOmusic
11-19-05, 10:59 PM
WOW, the big game day here in O-H-I-O!! I did a Holiday party for a realtors group here last night, and of course had to play the OSU Fight Song followed by Hang On Sloopy, my McCoys autographed copy just to make it official!! Some guy running around in full scarlet and gray wearing the obligatory buckeye necklace, so I just had to ask when he graduated from Ohio State, and he replied....I didn't, I graduated from Kent State! It never fails to amaze me, a city full of Buckeye fans that didn't graduate either from high school or OSU!! ;)

Ankf00
11-19-05, 11:15 PM
Jay Cutler is the man. He's definitely playing on Sundays...

fake-UT: 4-6, no music city bowl this year, and ended 22 years of dominance over Vandy IN NEYLAND!!

:laugh:

racermike
11-19-05, 11:18 PM
WOW, the big game day here in O-H-I-O!! I did a Holiday party for a realtors group here last night, and of course had to play the OSU Fight Song followed by Hang On Sloopy, my McCoys autographed copy just to make it official!! Some guy running around in full scarlet and gray wearing the obligatory buckeye necklace, so I just had to ask when he graduated from Ohio State, and he replied....I didn't, I graduated from Kent State! It never fails to amaze me, a city full of Buckeye fans that didn't graduate either from high school or OSU!! ;)

Hmmmm

Maybe Ohio St and Oregon in Fiesta Bowl ??????

GO DUCKS!

Dr. Corkski
11-19-05, 11:26 PM
Hmmmm

Maybe Ohio St and Oregon in Fiesta Bowl ??????

GO DUCKS!Oregon = Holiday Bowl bound.

Ankf00
11-19-05, 11:27 PM
-Fiesta takes an eligible Notre Dame #1, to replace their Big XII tie-in

Now the non-auto picks begin:

-Orange will then pick between State College and tOSU to play opposite ACC champion (now that 'bama's probably out of the running)

-Fiesta then faces the Oregon vs. Ohio State choice. I say they go with tOSU if Orange has taken Penn St, otherwise Fiesta can only choose beween Penn St and Big East Champ...

-Sugar with the final pick ends up with auto-qualifier Big East champ to play the Sugar's traditional SEC championship team

there's also some rule that the bowls must have an automatic qualifier in the top 2 of their choices or something, didn't really understand it, but it might mean Big East champ goes somewhere else before the Sugar's stuck with them

Ankf00
11-19-05, 11:49 PM
at least not in the inbred world of SEC football.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2228294

:rofl:

Gnam
11-20-05, 02:32 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5929/chipperb5ws.jpg

dando
11-20-05, 11:05 AM
GT > Miami :eek: So now the ACC is the Hokies to lose.

Looks like a heckuva game b/w USC and Fresno St. Too bad I dint stay up fer it. :( Bush 513 total yards!?! :eek: Just give the boy the Heisman.

Domers vs. Bucks in the Fiesta Bowl. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-20-05, 02:34 PM
that game was hilarious, Bush almost cost them the game w/ the fumble and personal foul, but that 2nd half rushing was incredible. runs of 45, 45, and 50... :eek:

coolhand
11-20-05, 05:02 PM
I was there sweet game.

that one play where Bush threw that move on the sidline one of our players had a fat hold, but everyone looked at Bush's move and missed it. We got a cheap PI call on us so i don't feel bad abot it though.

Fresno traveled well and brought a good crowd, they amde it fun and they had an agresive QB and a good defense.

Bush's 512 yards put him back in the running. UCLA is another huge game and if he performs there it will make the heisman show very interesting.

racermike
11-20-05, 05:15 PM
Oregon #8 in USA today poll ....

Ankf00
11-20-05, 11:00 PM
Oregon #8 in USA today poll ....

enjoy your Holiday Bowl :D

coolhand
11-20-05, 11:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AgEYHcRqQg1e1g8WMCg7DWAcvrYF?slug=cnnsi-weekendrewind&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

why dont people talk about Texas like this? Notre Dame, and FS, where great games and Bush was the star of each

coolhand
11-20-05, 11:28 PM
enjoy your Holiday Bowl :D

SI does not think so

• You think Oregon wasn't trying to send a message to the BCS on Saturday? After two close victories since losing quarterback Kellen Clemens, the Ducks (10-1, 7-1 Pac-10) went out and smoked Oregon State (5-6, 3-5) 56-14 in the 109th edition of the Civil War. Following Saturday's losses by Alabama and Miami (which sent Virginia Tech back into the driver's seat for the ACC's automatic berth), the race for the BCS' second at-large berth (the other is assumed to be Notre Dame's) is likely down to two teams: Oregon, which finished with a sole loss to No. 1 USC, and Ohio State, which lost twice but finished with six straight victories, including Saturday's dramatic win at Michigan. Expect the Pac-10 to spend the next two weeks lobbying hard for the Fiesta Bowl to select the Ducks.

The Pac-10 is tough this year.

Ankf00
11-21-05, 12:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AgEYHcRqQg1e1g8WMCg7DWAcvrYF?slug=cnnsi-weekendrewind&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

why dont people talk about Texas like this? Notre Dame, and FS, where great games and Bush was the star of each

:rofl: gave up 42 points vs. a JV team , nice try though

SI does not think so

:laugh: whatever you think dude.

coolhand
11-21-05, 02:32 AM
Picking bowl teams for at large births is based on who will travel well and make the game bigger.

OSU has been there the past two years, LSU already played in Tempe this season.

So Oregon makes the most sense.

coolhand
11-21-05, 02:33 AM
:rofl: gave up 42 points vs. a JV team , nice try though

they are ranked higher then all but one team UT has played this season :laugh:

coolhand
11-21-05, 02:34 AM
:laugh: whatever you think dude.
'why is Auburn afraid to play SC then?

Ankf00
11-21-05, 02:36 AM
they are ranked higher then all but one team UT has played this season :laugh:

fresno's got less depth and speed than a varisty squad of Polio patients

edit: perhaps you missed the fact auburn already DID play USC... :laugh:

coolhand
11-21-05, 02:54 AM
yep, and why don't play anymore? so they can perpetuate the myth that its the toughest conference around?

SC beat them soundly twice, in 2003 they destroyed Auburn at Auburn

Ankf00
11-21-05, 03:08 AM
Oprah has more football acumen :laugh:

Ohio State Tennessee, 2 years
Texas UCLA, 2 years
Oklahoma Alabama, 2 years
Colorado Miami, 2 years
Arkansas USC, 2 years
LSU ASU, 2 years
NCSU Ohio State, 2 years
UW Miami, 2 years
Oklahoma UCLA, 2 years

get the picture? :gomer:

coolhand
11-21-05, 04:36 AM
Note Dame USC 80 years

Ankf00
11-21-05, 10:30 AM
that's called a traditional rivalry, genius :)

coolhand
11-21-05, 03:04 PM
that's called a traditional rivalry, genius :)

yes, and SC wanted to start a long term match up with an SEC powerhouse, but Auburn did not want to continue :thumdown:

racermike
11-21-05, 06:24 PM
Oregon is #7 in new BCS poll

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2527/bcsnov212kk.jpg

coolhand
11-21-05, 10:04 PM
Oregon is #7 in new BCS poll

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2527/bcsnov212kk.jpg

good stuff :thumbup:

Shows USC has no easy schedual

Ankf00
11-22-05, 01:19 PM
from Ivan Maisel today:

Fiesta Bowl officials, in their weekly Sunday night conference call, seriously discussed inviting Auburn to play Notre Dame instead of Ohio State or Oregon.

That'd be a great game if it's Auburn or tOSU. Oregon's offensive speed might make it interesting but w/o Clemens who knows, and their D will get torched.

other news: David Cutliffe's really close to being announced as the Tenn OC according to the Daily Tennessean, if it comes to fruition, watch out, he's the reason Peyton was/is a hoss and he's the reason Tee Martin and Fulmer have rings now...

I still say he got a raw deal at Ole Miss... Orgeron's not going to be any better and once Miss St catches up w/ facilities Sylvester Croom's going to eat his lunch.

dando
11-22-05, 06:01 PM
from Ivan Maisel today:

That'd be a great game if it's Auburn or tOSU. Oregon's offensive speed might make it interesting but w/o Clemens who knows, and their D will get torched.

other news: David Cutliffe's really close to being announced as the Tenn OC according to the Daily Tennessean, if it comes to fruition, watch out, he's the reason Peyton was/is a hoss and he's the reason Tee Martin and Fulmer have rings now...

I still say he got a raw deal at Ole Miss... Orgeron's not going to be any better and once Miss St catches up w/ facilities Sylvester Croom's going to eat his lunch.

It may not be their choice. If the Orange Bowl selects OSU before PSU, the Fiesta will hafta take PSU. Bucks fans are noted for travelling well, which is the key criteria for choosing teams. Plus, the Bucks haven't been to the Orange Bowl since '77. We'll see how it shakes out.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-23-05, 01:28 PM
The HFN Foundation Won't Help: Will You? (http://www.hfnzone.com/aggies.html)

We must come to the aid of our brother man.

4000 student tickets remained unclaimed this week, and thus went on sale to the general public. That 12th Man sure is one mighty tradition... That tacklebox of a stadium, Kyle Fiel... I mean DKR East, is gonna be half burnt orange on Friday.

http://panicstream.com/images/temp/agie_pyle.jpg

http://panicstream.com/images/temp/aggie_kyle.jpg

and the mighty Fightin' Texas Aggy Hitler Youth Band's halftime show...

http://panicstream.com/images/temp/aggie_corp.jpg

coolhand
11-26-05, 04:47 AM
you are all right, the SEC is a tough conference.

Arkansas at 17
3 LSU 19

USC scored 70 on Arkansas.

dando
11-26-05, 02:57 PM
you are all right, the SEC is a tough conference.

Arkansas at 17
3 LSU 19

USC scored 70 on Arkansas.
The SEC is a deeper conference that the PAC 10 or Big Twinkie. The polls bear that out. LSU is not as good as their ranking. Auburn is the best team in the SEC, but like the Hogs, their kicker let down against LSU.

-Kevin

coolhand
11-26-05, 08:52 PM
The SEC is a deeper conference that the PAC 10 or Big Twinkie. The polls bear that out. LSU is not as good as their ranking. Auburn is the best team in the SEC, but like the Hogs, their kicker let down against LSU.

-Kevin

Auburn got crushed two consecutive years by SC, once in Auburn. It was so embarassing that Auburn did not take up USC's offer on another two year stint. So we got Arkansas this year instead.

Ankf00
11-26-05, 09:29 PM
wtf is this talk during the UF-FSU game about Arkie wanting into the Big 12 and Mizzou out the door? Mizzou has 100 years of history with the league's origins... and Arkie sucks donkey balls :saywhat:

coolhand
11-26-05, 09:31 PM
wtf is this talk during the UF-FSU game about Arkie wanting into the Big 12 and Mizzou out the door? Mizzou has 100 years of history with the league's origins... and Arkie sucks donkey balls :saywhat:

Thats only because they are in the SEC. They would be undefeated if they were not in that conference :gomer:

dando
11-26-05, 09:46 PM
Auburn got crushed two consecutive years by SC, once in Auburn. It was so embarassing that Auburn did not take up USC's offer on another two year stint. So we got Arkansas this year instead.
:yawn:

Why are you bringing up games from 2 and 3 years ago? The fact is SC dint play AU when they should have last season in the BC$ championship...it's called history, move on. I'm not sure WTF comments about past games has anything to do with my comments about THIS SEASON. SEC > PAC 10. Period. I suppose you want to use UCLA > OU as proof that the PAC 10 is > Big Twinkie? I suspect we'll no more about dat after 1/4/06, jack.

-Kevin

dando
11-26-05, 09:47 PM
Conference roulette, holmes. It's all the rage these daze. :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
11-26-05, 09:51 PM
Goters > Free Shoes. :laugh: :D

Papa Bowden is too old talk to comence in 3, 2, 1... :)

-Kevin

dando
11-26-05, 09:55 PM
Oh, and Fresno St getting whupped by Nevada speaks volumes about SC's D, eh? :gomer:

-Kevin

coolhand
11-27-05, 03:09 AM
Oh, and Fresno St getting whupped by Nevada speaks volumes about SC's D, eh? :gomer:

-Kevin

yeap. and Standford running all over Notre Dame speaks volumes about the Depth of the Pac-10.

Ankf00
11-27-05, 04:38 AM
Stanford had negative 11 rushing yards, they running all over what exactly? Notre Dame shot themselves in the foot with the botched XP, 2 stupid picks, and the 2 shanked FG's and that's the only reason it was even a game. They outgained Stanford 2-1 in yardage, 660 to 330.

Yet you're trying to somehow construe this as a testament to Stanford's strength?

This is the Stanford that lost to a division TWO team.

great logic there chief. :gomer:

Ankf00
11-27-05, 04:44 AM
:yawn:

Why are you bringing up games from 2 and 3 years ago? The fact is SC dint play AU when they should have last season in the BC$ championship...it's called history, move on. I'm not sure WTF comments about past games has anything to do with my comments about THIS SEASON. SEC > PAC 10. Period. I suppose you want to use UCLA > OU as proof that the PAC 10 is > Big Twinkie? I suspect we'll no more about dat after 1/4/06, jack.

-Kevin

regarding the game from 3 years ago, I didn't know that scoring something like 23 points in 60 minutes is commonly regarded as "crushing" your opponent. Learn something new every day :gomer: ;)

Ankf00
11-27-05, 05:43 AM
what happens when you road-trip it to Knoxville to see The Great Pumpkin leading day-glo prison bitch orange players in action.

http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/the_ut_weekend.phtml#285

I had heard about "dry" counties before, but they were still an abstract and foreign concept to me. I thought of them as silly anachronisms from a long distant prohibitionist past, something only found in the pages of National Geographic. I was wrong. Evidently, every county along I-75 from Richmond, KY to the Tennessee border is dry. THIS INFURIATED ME. I almost got into a fight with the redneck checkout woman when she told me I have 40 more miles to go before I could buy liquor.

:rofl:

dando
11-27-05, 06:05 PM
OSU's stunning victory over Idle U results in OSU > ND in the latest USA Today and AP polls. That is all. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-27-05, 06:18 PM
yeap. and Standford running all over Notre Dame speaks volumes about the Depth of the Pac-10.
:shrugs:

My momma told me not to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.... :p :gomer:

5 ranked teams vs. 3 kinda tells ya all ya need to know:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

5 SEC
5 ACC
5 Big Ten
2 bIg tWinkie
3 Pac 10
3 Other
1 Big lEast
1 ND

UCLA will be >15 come 12/4.

-Kevin

coolhand
11-27-05, 07:52 PM
Stanford had negative 11 rushing yards, they running all over what exactly? Notre Dame shot themselves in the foot with the botched XP, 2 stupid picks, and the 2 shanked FG's and that's the only reason it was even a game. They outgained Stanford 2-1 in yardage, 660 to 330.

Yet you're trying to somehow construe this as a testament to Stanford's strength?

This is the Stanford that lost to a division TWO team.

great logic there chief. :gomer:

1-AA bud/

Ankf00
11-27-05, 10:48 PM
1-AA bud/

:rofl: you showed us, those 1-AA teams are f'ing MEAN. WAC and CUSA got nothing on the mighty Aggies of UC Davis :laugh: The Ukraine is not weak, the Ukraine is STRONG!

Ankf00
11-28-05, 12:10 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2238850

Len Dale White out w/ shoulder?

coolhand
11-28-05, 05:55 AM

just a ploy for more plays for bush for that last heisman push :gomer:

dando
11-29-05, 12:07 AM

Just a bruise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2239968

Nothing to see here, move along.

-Kevin

skaven
11-29-05, 02:34 AM

Haven't heard this one... I wouldn't mind losing Arkie though. They belong with the Texas schools for shore. :gomer:

skaven
11-29-05, 02:42 AM
Goters > Free Shoes. :laugh: :D

Very, very nice win even if Free Shoes is having a pathetic year. I'm so giddy I'm almost excited about the Liberty Bowl... especially if we get Nebraska.

Anyone have a good list of possible bowl matchups... it can't be too early to speculate, can it?

Ankf00
11-29-05, 03:37 AM
Haven't heard this one... I wouldn't mind losing Arkie though. They belong with the Texas schools for shore. :gomer:

Na, they saw their inbred kin-folk over in gainesville, knoxville, and tuscaloosa and knew where their true home laid all these years, the SEC :gomer:

dando
11-29-05, 10:23 AM
Very, very nice win even if Free Shoes is having a pathetic year. I'm so giddy I'm almost excited about the Liberty Bowl... especially if we get Nebraska.

Anyone have a good list of possible bowl matchups... it can't be too early to speculate, can it?
Some guesses by the guys @ ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2194032

I saw some speculation on SI.com yesterday as well, and my FIL mentioned a USAToday article yesterday that compared OSU, ND, and Ugly Uni U (Duckies).

-Kevin

skaven
11-29-05, 12:25 PM
Dang it all Dando, your link leads me to believe we'll be playing either Iowa State or Missouri - neither of which I care a lick about. Nebraska woulda been fun though. Revenge for the Fiesta Bowl. :flame:

Thanks for the info though.

skaven
11-29-05, 12:31 PM
Na, they saw their inbred kin-folk over in gainesville, knoxville, and tuscaloosa and knew where their true home laid all these years, the SEC :gomer:

Whatev... if Oklahoma belongs in your conference, then Arkie does too. That :gomer: picture you post of the Okie fan looks just like the average Arkie fan. That, my friend, is the big-twinkie demographic. Sweet Boulder girls excepted.

Texarkana is the epicenter of Texas-Arkie crossbreeding... and it is scary. :eek:

Besides, Arkie and SW Conference were once together. Kin can run, but they can't hide. :p

Lastly, if Missouri leaves the Big 12, does that mean they'd go to the Big 10?

dando
11-29-05, 01:22 PM
Dang it all Dando, your link leads me to believe we'll be playing either Iowa State or Missouri - neither of which I care a lick about. Nebraska woulda been fun though. Revenge for the Fiesta Bowl. :flame:

Thanks for the info though.
Well, keep in mind that opinions are like @ssholes....everyone has one, and they usually stink. :) YMMV. For what those two think, there's likely 100 diff'rent scenarios out there. Bring on the black shirts. :)

-Kevin

dando
11-29-05, 01:26 PM
Lastly, if Missouri leaves the Big 12, does that mean they'd go to the Big 10?
That's been mentioned previously, but IMHO it's unlikely. The Big 10+ has a hard on for the Domers. They are likely the only school the powers that be would add. So far ND has rebuffed the offers to join. Pitt and WVU have also been mentioned in the past.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-29-05, 02:04 PM
Texarkana is the epicenter of Texas-Arkie crossbreeding... and it is scary. :eek:

and Texarkana Texas High is the home of next year's #1 QB recruit Ryan Mallet :cool:

btw, Jevan Snead decommited from y'all and commited to us :p

dando
11-29-05, 02:45 PM
'tis the season...to make guesses on bowl matchups. More guessing game fun:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/11/28/bowl.projections/index.html

The Fiesta Debate (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/john_walters/11/28/the.blitz/index.html)

USA Today's take (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bowls.htm)

USA Today compares ND, OSU, and OU (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2005-11-27-bcs-upsets_x.htm)

Best argument for Ducks to go to Tempe:

better TV ratings than OSU in last Fiesta

:laugh: Ya, that stunning matchup of K State and the Bucks was gonna draw a bunch of eyeballs, especially when it was anticipated that UT would face off against the Bucks until Okie chokied in the Dr. Pepper Bowl.

I guarantee that if the Domers and Bucks face off, the rating for that game will be higher than any other bowl game other than the Rose Bowl.

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-29-05, 03:28 PM
:laugh: Ya, that stunning matchup of K State and the Bucks was gonna draw a bunch of eyeballs, especially when it was anticipated that UT would face off against the Bucks until Okie chokied in the Dr. Pepper Bowl.

I guarantee that if the Domers and Bucks face off, the rating for that game will be higher than any other bowl game other than the Rose Bowl.

-Kevin

Oregon lost by more points in their one loss than the combined losses of penn st, OSU, ND, and Auburn...

but anywho, OSU's AD used to be at ASU and used to be on the Fiesta Bowl committee, so I'd say OSU has that bid wrapped up ;)

let the Pac-10/Oregon :cry: about "it's not fair!!!!!" begin :gomer:

dando
11-29-05, 03:56 PM
but anywho, OSU's AD used to be at ASU and used to be on the Fiesta Bowl committee, so I'd say OSU has that bid wrapped up ;)

let the Pac-10/Oregon :cry: about "it's not fair!!!!!" begin :gomer:
Plus Mr. Smith is a Domer alum. If this happens, I'll be giddy. :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-29-05, 04:54 PM
from last Friday in Collie Station...

Dishonorable mention No. 2 to a John Richmond Sullivan, a member of something called the Parsons Mounted Cavalry Unit at Texas A&M. According to The Bryan-College Station Eagle, Mr. Sullivan decided it was a good idea to shovel horse manure onto members of the Texas marching band before the game Friday. The newspaper story goes on to say the Parsons unit "was formed in 1973 to revive the legacy of A&M's horse-drawn artillery program. It remains the only collegiate military cavalry unit in the nation." The Dash is comforted to know that we have such a cavalry outfit in place, should we suddenly find ourselves fighting Santa Ana again at the Alamo. What the hell?)

:rofl: win one for Old Army! :laugh: Less than 20% of those Corps douche rockets actually serve when they graduate...

dando
11-29-05, 04:59 PM
from last Friday in Collie Station...

:rofl: win one for Old Army! :laugh: Less than 20% of those Corps douche rockets actually serve when they graduate...
Gee, kinda goes along with the bottles of urine tossed @ TBDITL members while marching to the Lions Den in Happy Valley. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-29-05, 05:05 PM
I'll see your costa rican footie style urine bombs, and raise you thrown batteries at Boulder :D

dando
11-29-05, 05:13 PM
raise you thrown batteries at Boulder :D
Sounds like a night in the OF @ the old Commercialstick Field, sans fireworks being tossed @ players. Friggin' Gints fans. Do you think it was coincidence they used an SF fan for the movie The Fan? :saywhat:

-Kevin

cartman
11-29-05, 05:38 PM
I was wondering how many Pac 10 Conference championship games USC has won? Oh...nevermind, the Pac 10 doesn't have a conference championship game. Bunch of wussies.

coolhand
11-29-05, 07:36 PM
I was wondering how many Pac 10 Conference championship games USC has won? Oh...nevermind, the Pac 10 doesn't have a conference championship game. Bunch of wussies.

USC is playing as many games as any other schools. There are rules about max number of games you can play buddy.

plus, the conference 1 and 2 or 3 are meeting this weekend. whats the point of playing each other agian.

You are talking up the SEC? USC destroyed Arkansas, and has also beat Auburn twice in the past 4 years. Remember SC going down to Auburn and shutting down their offense so bad Auburn was afraid to take up another 2 years with SC