PDA

View Full Version : Bourdais on Letterman Tuesday 11/15

Anteater
11-14-05, 11:31 PM
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/index.shtml

Glad that Letterman still acknowledges the Champ Car champ, even if he does have a team in the wrong series.

Methanolandbrats
11-15-05, 12:03 AM
Letterman will start some Gomer **** about Indy.......same as FRP on Windbag last night...those oldtimers just don't what Indy MEANT. F em all.

Anteater
11-15-05, 10:17 AM
More info here:
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9846

You don't have to watch the show if you don't like Bourdais or Letterman. ;)

jonovision_man
11-15-05, 11:12 AM
Letterman will start some Gomer **** about Indy.......same as FRP on Windbag last night...those oldtimers just don't what Indy MEANT. F em all.

I doubt it. Letterman invited Bourdais on because (gasp!) he's a race fan.

jono

Methanolandbrats
11-15-05, 11:29 AM
I doubt it. Letterman invited Bourdais on because (gasp!) he's a race fan.

jono We'll see.

tllips
11-15-05, 11:50 AM
Seabass was on Letterman last year, too. I seem to remember Dave behaving himself and even showed a number of clips from the season. I don't remember any IRL promotion on Dave's part. (That doesn't mean it didn't happen. It may just mean that I have terrible memory retention.)

Plus, SeaBass was in the Indy 497.5 this year, so Dave will probably promote that, somehow.

jonovision_man
11-15-05, 11:59 AM
Has Dave ever really got his hands dirty in "the split"? I certain cannot recall him ever saying anything negative about any of the drivers.

IMO he's a class act who loves the sport.

jono

jonovision_man
11-15-05, 12:00 PM
BTW - wasn't Junky on Letterman too?

swift
11-15-05, 12:50 PM
The only time i remember seeing junky on Letterman was a clip of the monterrey race. They showed the clip at the end of a Paul Newman interview.

tllips
11-15-05, 01:41 PM
Has Dave ever really got his hands dirty in "the split"? I certain cannot recall him ever saying anything negative about any of the drivers.

jono

Shortly after the split, I remember Dave making fun of the Flag man starting Indy. He was making fun of how feebly the guy was waving the green (or checker, I'm not too sure), then cut to a CART race with the starter (Swintall?) waving the flag with gusto. This may even have been the US 500 back in '96.

Methanolandbrats
11-15-05, 01:45 PM

jono Then why does'nt he tell Rahole to stuff it and form a Champcar Team with someone else?

Answer: Because he loves Indy more than the sport, just like the rest of the Gomers.

Lux Interior
11-15-05, 01:57 PM
Isn't Dave from Muncie Indiana? I know he went to Ball State.

jonovision_man
11-15-05, 02:01 PM
Then why does'nt he tell Rahole to stuff it and form a Champcar Team with someone else?

Answer: Because he loves Indy more than the sport, just like the rest of the Gomers.

Yeesh. The guy likes what he likes, he loves Indy, he loves racing, and he likes CCWS enough to invite Bourdais on. Good enough for me.

Find me one quote where he trashed CC. Or a driver.

He's a class act.

jono

cameraman
11-15-05, 02:25 PM
If Letterman is okay by Paul Newman then that is good enough for me.
Newman actually knows the man.

dando
11-15-05, 02:27 PM
Isn't Dave from Muncie Indiana? I know he went to Ball State.
He's from Indy, but went to Ball State:

http://www.who2.com/davidletterman.html

-Kevin

nrc
11-15-05, 02:41 PM
From JB's account of Paul Newman on Letterman...

Dave: Your team is also, this year, racing at the Indianapolis 500.
Paul: Yup.
Dave: And, will you be present?
Paul: At the race? Probably not. I have a problem with the management - but I guess that's uh... I mean, its fairly well know.
Dave (laughing): Everyone has a problem with the management, Paul. But we're still gonna take his money!

I think Dave knows the score on the Speedway but he still has a soft spot for it. He complained bitterly when they started running stock cars there so I would guess that he's a traditionalist.

It's a shame that he doesn't seem to recognize that supporting the event as it now exists and allowing his partner to stab champ car and it's fans in the back has only perpetuated the decline of a once great event.

Fio1
11-16-05, 12:29 AM

b.s! i seem to remember letterman and newman saying something about not liking the managemeny when newman was on the show in may. the mangement being tony g... :cool:

Ankf00
11-16-05, 01:17 AM
and the comedy is on :D

ugh, he's pimping Danica...

Lizzerd
11-16-05, 01:26 AM
Dave asks SB about Danimal...

SB: "blah, blah... and she was on our side before you took her from us."

Dave changes subject.

:rofl: :thumbup:

G.
11-16-05, 01:31 AM
Pleasepleaseplease, give a synopsis! Damn, g's. Coughing out lungs, UTI's general crankiness. Missed it.

Can someone fill me in on everything before (paraphrasing) "My girlfriend can't drive well, but she doesn't have to touch the steering wheel." " Thank you. Sebastien Bourdais, ladies and gentlemen. Goodnight, everybody!"

Haters: Yes, Dave has an incurable case of Indyitis. Sad. :(

Dave had Seebass on his show tonight. :thumbup:

Did the other LateNite talkshow host? The car guy dude?

Props to Dave. :)

Lizzerd
11-16-05, 01:40 AM
Synopsis:

It was a short segment. Congrats for the Vanderbilt cup, fourth repeat winner. SB remembered Gil, Dave mentioned Rahole as another. I guess they both forgot Alex Z. Run ins with PT. Not much comment from SB. Short clip of Las Vegas. SB says Race Control blamed it on PT, explained the four wheels under the white line thing. No more about other PT - SB clashes. Offseason - driving Baja 1000 with girlfriend (navigator?). That's about all.

Did I forget anything, anybody else who saw it?

Sean O'Gorman
11-16-05, 01:55 AM
Synopsis:

It was a short segment. Congrats for the Vanderbilt cup, fourth repeat winner. SB remembered Gil, Dave mentioned Rahole as another. I guess they both forgot Alex Z. Run ins with PT. Not much comment from SB. Short clip of Las Vegas. SB says Race Control blamed it on PT, explained the four wheels under the white line thing. No more about other PT - SB clashes. Offseason - driving Baja 1000 with girlfriend (navigator?). That's about all.

Did I forget anything, anybody else who saw it?

You missed the Danica mention.

Lizzerd
11-16-05, 03:36 AM
You missed the Danica mention.

Dave changes subject.

Read all the posts, grasshopper.

mueber
11-16-05, 08:57 AM
The Danica thing was lame, and the segment was short, but Sebastian did well.

Jervis Tetch 1
11-16-05, 12:00 PM
Sorry I missed it, but I had to get my beauty sleep. :gomer:

RusH
11-16-05, 12:26 PM

Dave changes subject.

:rofl: :thumbup:

Too bad most of his audience and TV viewers really did not understand that statement.
But at least Dave did.