PDA

View Full Version : Screw Fox

Ankf00
11-13-05, 09:10 PM
they cancelled Family Guy
they cancelled Futurama
they cancelled Undeclared
now they're cancelling Arrested Development and replacing it with reruns of Prison Break...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117932759?cs=1&s=h&p=0

May Rupert Murdoch end up in a cold, unmarked grave. :mad:

I bet NBC kills off The Office or Scrubs next :mad:

Rogue Leader
11-13-05, 09:28 PM
family guy is back on again

Stu
11-14-05, 10:48 AM
they cancelled Family Guy
they cancelled Futurama
they cancelled Undeclared
now they're cancelling Arrested Development and replacing it with reruns of Prison Break...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117932759?cs=1&s=h&p=0

I bet NBC kills off The Office or Scrubs next :mad:

Fox:

As mentioned, DVD sales brought back Family Guy.

Futurama would have lasted had they not put it on so early. NFL games kept preempting them and people just stopped watching.

Undeclared was hilarious and got what, 4 episodes before they axed it?

As for Arrested Development, I know there are people out there that love it, but I just cant stand that show. I just dont get it. Ive tried to watch and cant figure out why people like it. But oh well. Prison Break rules so no big deal.

NBC:

Scrubs is on hiatus til one of their new shows gets cancelled. It should be a mid season replacement and run straight through with no reruns. Which is nice.

The Office is one show that somehow gets funnier every single week. I don't know how they do it, but every episode I see I say to myself, this is the funniest episode yet. NBC has ordered more episodes already, so thats safe for this year. Same with My Name is Earl, which is downright hilarious.

skaven
11-14-05, 11:04 AM
Some of this reads like my DVD collection. My uncle (has his weekly column in the TV Guide) sends me DVD's of shows he likes (he gets them for free). We watched some Futurama last night, loved the British version of the Office (haven't seen the American version) and we are staunch supporters of Arrested Development.

AD really pushes the envelope. Like when Tobias tries to join the Blue Man Group and paints himself blue. However, he always refers to painting himself blue as, "I blue myself...", "after I blue myself...", "I blue myself for nothing." :rofl:

Cooking weed into brownies leads to miscommunication construed as anal sex. "I'll put it in her brownie...", etc.

I'm amazed at the subtle and crass jokes in Arrested Development's 1st season. Whew.... :D

Jervis Tetch 1
11-14-05, 01:36 PM
Can "The Simpsons" be far behind?

JoeBob
11-14-05, 01:43 PM
Arrested Development is a groundbreaking show. The first show ever written for the TiVo generation.

Of course, Nielsen hasn't caught up with that yet, and DVRs don't count in ratings. So it appears that nobody watches the show.

Yet the DVD sales have been outstanding. Why so many sales of a show that nobody watches?

They've made a huge mistake.

Stu
11-14-05, 03:35 PM
Can "The Simpsons" be far behind?

yea the simpsons are very very far behind from being cancelled.

oddlycalm
11-14-05, 04:49 PM
Long rant: With most of the strong creative efforts on HBO, FX, Comedy Central, USA, Showtime, SciFi, etc., etc., the big networks are becoming the A.J. Foyts of television; fat and slow outfits whose glory days are in the distant past.

The network people seem lost in the 1960's with their prime time programming at a moment when the cable and satellite delivery companies are transitioning to on-demand programming, and they are getting their asses handed to them. Good shows that are smartly written can get buried fast because those in charge have no idea how to develop an audience for a show today. If it doesn't find an audience in the first month it's toast. That might have made sense in 1965 when there were 3 channels, but today there are 200 channels. Fox got it's start by sticking with shows that would not have been allowed the time to develop an audience on the majors, but instead of sticking to it's successful model it's become one of them.

Another aspect is the culture wars. Entourage, The Shield, Over There, Nip/Tuck, Arrested Development, The Wire, Drawn Together, Sopranos, Rescue Me, Deadwood, Southpark, L Word, Out Of Order, etc., etc., might offend Aunt Tillie in Kansas, so the majors can't touch them. So, the viewer age for the most popular network shows has risen to the 57-58 range. Pretty soon the major network audience will be in the cemetary. Then what?

oc

emjaya
11-14-05, 07:42 PM

He deserves a much worse fate,for far greater crimes.

Imho.

:)

eiregosod
11-14-05, 11:28 PM
Another aspect is the culture wars. Entourage, The Shield, Over There, Nip/Tuck, Arrested Development, The Wire, Drawn Together, Sopranos, Rescue Me, Deadwood, Southpark, L Word, Out Of Order, etc., etc., might offend Aunt Tillie in Kansas, so the majors can't touch them. So, the viewer age for the most popular network shows has risen to the 57-58 range. Pretty soon the major network audience will be in the cemetary. Then what?

oc

those FCC rules are ensuring that the boring and bland TV is kept to a handful of TV stations.

the frequency spectrum that the 'networks' occupy will be prime real-estate for mobile phones.

nrc
11-14-05, 11:39 PM

Imho.

Like buying DirecTV and dropping TiVo support. Bastard.

coolhand
11-14-05, 11:45 PM

Imho.

:rolleyes:

and one more time
:rolleyes:

Ankf00
11-14-05, 11:48 PM

Imho.

...like buying the Dodgers. and then there's his virtual monopoly on crappy footie coverage :mad:

coolhand
11-14-05, 11:57 PM
That was one of his greatest achievments, messing with that phoney "futball" game and casuing trouble in europe

eiregosod
11-15-05, 12:00 AM
...like buying the Dodgers. and then there's his virtual monopoly on crappy footie coverage :mad:

Just like he bought up English Soccer. The average English subject loves spending $50/month to see the Premiership. All the footballers 'earn' more wages than a boda fide bling bling rapper, and still the average fan thinks that lifestyle is awaiting him around the corner. :gomer:

extramundane
11-15-05, 01:00 PM
those FCC rules are ensuring that the boring and bland TV is kept to a handful of TV stations.

Trouble is, a movement is afoot to extend those FCC rules to cable & satellite stations as well.

Ankf00
11-15-05, 01:30 PM
Trouble is, a movement is afoot to extend those FCC rules to cable & satellite stations as well.

Howard Stern is corrupting our children with his debauchery and pagan ways all the way from outer space! He must be stopped!!

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?!

eiregosod
11-15-05, 05:52 PM
Sex Couldron, I thought they closed that place down! :D

Bad Facts make bad laws.