PDA

View Full Version : Internet sale gone waaay bad.

cart7
11-13-05, 07:55 PM
Saw this link at another site, it's getting so many hits the forums server has slowed waaay down. Punk *** kid lists some 4x4 gears for sale on a 4x4 forum. Lists them as new and only $100. Then he changes the price after a guy already sent him a check for $100 & shipping. Then it turns out they're used.

Then the fun begins. Kid is OWNED big time. They find his cell number, high school graduation pics, girl friends picture and on and on. This is one of the hottest sites going right now. Funny.

Charlie Wenzel is a Tool (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203)

68 page thread. Warning: Site is a little slow due to heavy traffic!

sellers name is cdubzon40s
buyers name is MochaMike

trish
11-13-05, 09:26 PM
70 pages!!! :eek:

I'm only on page 7. How does it turn out?

racermike
11-13-05, 10:03 PM
this is hilarious ... I am only on page 4

fourrunner
11-13-05, 10:16 PM
Trish

from what I read, he sent a money order to Mocha for the gears ... The kid evidently was phoning Mocha & Wife, and "harrassing" them and Mocha called the cops and the cops were going to call the kid & tell him to stop

Others on the site got hold of Wenzels Year Book Photo and other personal info and started posting "Photoshops" and Real Name etc. in the thread

Scary ... but the kid told Mocha the purchaser he would send him neither the money or the gears ... Strange logic

Guess he learned a lesson about non performance of a business transaction

Went to far & others got involved who had no business being involved ... but the kid should have handled it better !

trish
11-13-05, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the summary. The kid still doesn't think he did anything wrong. And it appears that he was planning to enter the NAVY next year, but some of the guys there sent a link to the thread to them.

racer2c
11-13-05, 11:04 PM
Captivating, in a bar room brawl sort of way.

That board must be served off of someone's cell phone because it's tortuous to navigate through. Even if it is getting hit hard.

Methanolandbrats
11-13-05, 11:10 PM
Man, those guys are worse than a bunch of old hens at the beauty parlor hashing over the latest divorce. They need to step away from the keyboard for a while.

cart7
11-13-05, 11:31 PM
They started a countdown on that thread. They found out the kids phone number then listed it with a bunch of X's for the numbers. The longer he held out the more numbers were revealed.

I've dealt in sales on other forums and Ebay and I've never had a problem. I also treat people with respect and never sell anything I haven't thoroughly described and backed up with photo's.

The sad part is the kid just doesn't seem to understand he did anything wrong.

dando
11-14-05, 12:48 AM
:eek:

Jeebus. I can't believe the mod(s) let that thread keep going like that.

-Kevin

racermike
11-14-05, 01:29 AM
LOL .... their server is overloaded

http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/6135/wenzel3ba.jpg

coolhand
11-14-05, 03:02 AM
man those people wre nasty and all over that kid for 25 bucks. Its scary they can get your personal info like that :eek:

I dont think it should be so easy to get.

but it sounds like that kid got what was comming to him.

FCYTravis
11-14-05, 07:02 AM
At the end I was laughing at how all the "original" forum people were completely pissed off that all these people came flooding into their 4x4 forum to make stupid, inane comments in a 73-page thread.

I mean, if you're going to spread how stupid this guy is around the entire Internet, you better friggin' batten down the hatches and expect that the entire friggin' Internet is going to start posting on your forum. Don't whine and bitch that you got what you asked for.

cart7
11-14-05, 08:54 AM
The thread is now locked at 73 pages. What's funny is the guy gets his money back on page 19, the other 54 pages are newbie's coming in and piling on. :laugh:

fourrunner
11-14-05, 10:06 AM
The problem originated that the kid advertised the gears at $100 + Shipping @ $15 accepted a check for $ 115.00 and DEPOSITED it .. then said he wanted $ 125.00 for it + $15.00 ... he went so far as to change his original ad to make it look like $125.00 is what he wanted all along and tried to blame the purchaser for pulling a fast one on him ... Mod changed it back to the original ad

This is a kid that just lied himself into deeper crap, and kept lying and got in deeper again ... Went so far as to tell the buyer he was going to KEEP HIS MONEY AND NOT Send him the gears either ...

If ever a Kid deserved to get punished... this is the guy

We are naive if we think that our personal stuff is private and can't be accessed by others ... those who had accesss to software that allows them access to private info and USES it for vindictive purposes are just as bad as the kid

Fun to watch a "Smart Ass" get his cumuppance, but Scary what people can do to get even too!

cart7
11-14-05, 03:37 PM
I saw something like this over the summer on 2 Florida fishing forums. It started when one forum member crossed over and started talking **** on another forum challenging them to a fishing contest. Before it was all over, the tournament was all but forgotten about in a war of jack talking and threats, one of the forums was shut down, the administrator to that forum sent a lot of threatening emails to the other forums members and his website and forum went off line, emails were sent to peoples employers, Deans at a couple colleges, etc..... ugly.

chop456
11-14-05, 03:42 PM
Fishing forums? Man, I thought racing was bad. :laugh:

Skater_36
11-14-05, 04:04 PM
Fishing forums? Man, I thought racing was bad. :laugh:

I've seen some pretty low behavior on racing forums too. I remember one incident where an IRL loyalist didn't like what a CART team member was posting in a forum so he contacted the team and attempted to get the person fired. Luckily the team had more integrity than the IRL hack and told the team member about the IRL tattle tails attempt to have him fired.