PDA

View Full Version : Its Official: Moreno to Herdez

devilmaster
01-04-03, 01:48 PM
Check out CART.com (http://www.cart.com)

Welcome back Roberto!

[edit] Has anyone else noticed that the articles are coming almost daily now from CART? swwwwweeeeeeeeeeetttttttt.

Steve

Classic Apex
01-04-03, 02:27 PM
PUUUUUUUUUUUPO!!!

That just makes my whole day. I really enjoy seeing Robertos energey, humor and enthusiasm in the paddock.

Welcome back, Roberto.

:D :D

damiandoan
01-04-03, 02:41 PM
http://bobcrews.homestead.com/files/Red_Spot_Dancing__Transparent__URL.gif http://bobcrews.homestead.com/files/Red_Spot_Dancing__Transparent__URL.gif http://bobcrews.homestead.com/files/Red_Spot_Dancing__Transparent__URL.gif http://bobcrews.homestead.com/files/Red_Spot_Dancing__Transparent__URL.gif

DD

Railbird
01-04-03, 03:32 PM
two weeks from today we will be discussing bumping at St Pete.

Welcome back Pupo!

JSR
01-04-03, 05:41 PM
:cool:

nrc
01-04-03, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
two weeks from today we will be discussing bumping at St Pete.

They may even have to resort to qualifying races. ;)

mnkywrch
01-04-03, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by nrc
They may even have to resort to qualifying races. ;)

Will they have enough push trucks?

Sorry, wrong series.....

patm
01-04-03, 11:45 PM
Moreno is a very likeable guy, drives decent, I could do with just a little less girly emotion when he wins. Seems the number of sobbers was growing, Moreno, Papis, E pass me under yellow, and while I am glad they got their wins, a little perspective please.

Otherwise he should be a good addition to the team. Go Pupo.

patm

FortyOneFord
01-05-03, 12:57 AM
Brown Robert will be a great addition to Herdez competition. His technical knowledge will help bring Dominguez and the rest of the team up a notch.

RacinM3
01-05-03, 04:19 AM
:cool:

tantra
01-05-03, 12:01 PM
Concerning a winner's expression of emotions, including tearful displays of happiness, perhaps we you need to understand men from the culture of Brazil a bit better.

I even remember some American guy, all choked up with emotion, saying something about you just don't know what Indy means.

IMO, the days of being the strong, silent, macho-man were painful to me and I'm pleased to see that more young men can express themselves in a natural manner.

pchall
01-05-03, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by patm
Moreno is a very likeable guy, drives decent, I could do with just a little less girly emotion when he wins....

patm

It's not like he now climbs the fence every time on the orders of the TV network or anything...

devilmaster
01-05-03, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by tantra
I even remember some American guy, all choked up with emotion, saying something about you just don't know what Indy means.

Sure it wasn't alcohol withdrawl? ;)

Steve

rabbit
01-05-03, 08:02 PM
I'm so happy, I think I'm going to cry. :cry: :) :cry:

TrueBrit
01-05-03, 10:07 PM
Another "good guy" gets a seat...Having met the man I have nothing but nice things to say about him...He's a hell of a racer too..

Welcome back!!

TB

patm
01-06-03, 07:34 PM
I didn't mean to imply any man that sheds a tear or two is girly. It's the completely choked up I can't breathe and might die on the spot sobbing that seems over the top.

patm

Turn7
01-06-03, 09:43 PM
I agree with patm...I remeber the race he won in 2001, I was in Florida on vacation and only caught the last of the race. When pupo started bellering my wife looked at me an we both started laughing.

I really felt embarassed for the guy.

Napoleon
01-06-03, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
II remeber the race he won in 2001

So do I, it was Cleveland and on saturday I got his signature, and told him he would win. It hangs on my stepsons wall.

tantra
01-06-03, 11:06 PM
Ok, none of us has ever won a race in CART, and for Roberto, after so many years of trying so hard but missing out on opportunities through no fault of my own, his drive and win at Cleveland was the finish line of a long intense journey for him.

His emotions were real and understandable if you know anything about his years of work in the sport.

IMO, most fans just don't understand what it's all about. Perhaps that's one great reason there are so many more fans than racers.

Turn7
01-06-03, 11:46 PM
Emotional or not....when you have a sponsor that has paid a ton of money for advertising and then they finally get some of the exposure they have paid for only to have all of it ruined by a 40 year old man sobbing like a pansy is not good.

The drivers must remember that they are there to promote a company as well as drive the car. It requires that he makes an appropriate appearance any time he is sporting the companies name. I don't think that Visteon had that award ceremony in mind when they signed on the dotted line.

cart7
01-07-03, 04:54 AM
:D Alrighty then. More great news!! I just hate it when a series is dying like this don't you?? :rofl:

tantra
01-07-03, 11:27 AM
Perhaps by age 41, some men have come to express their intense feelings of joy, validation, and sense of vindication with tearful moments.

Perhaps some men have not, and will never allow themselves such "pansy" or "girly" expression of emotions.

If the CART interviews weren't done as the driver is stepping out of the car, perhaps we wouldn't have to be 'embarrassed' by such shows from those Brazilians, Italians, and other fuuny fellows.

However, I doubt that when the iron-willed F1 champ (the stoic German man) broke down in sobs (at the press conference held several minutes after winning), his team, owners, and sponsors were disappointed with his performance. I don't think Michael suddendly turned into some kind of sobbing, pansy, girly, less-than-manly man. I don't think other men who cry have either.

molive
01-11-03, 10:06 AM
My 1st post on this forum! :)

...and it had to be in this thread! :cool:

I'll be very happy if the Moreno deal goes ahead (afaik it's not confirmed yet).

He's one of the finest guys out there. His passion for motosports goes a long way and is quite genuine. You guys complaining of his "girlie" emotion display, should realise he's a Brazilian, very blood-minded and emotional by nature. He didn't fake any of that, it was just pure joy. Very much like Barrichello's tears when he won his 1st race at Germany. These guys know how tough it was for them to reach that place in the podium.

cheers!

WickerBill
01-11-03, 10:11 AM
Good to have you, molive.

It's a cultural thing. We aren't used to it *at all* here.

WB

Gurneyflap
01-11-03, 12:29 PM
Yeah, some of you guys just don't know what CART means!...and the "choked-up, can't breathe" emotion? You mean Jeffie's first 'CAB title at the Waldorf? Now THAT was funny!!