PDA

View Full Version : NFL - Week 10

Stu
11-13-05, 08:59 AM
Over half way there, This weeks matchups.

Sunday, November 13
Time(ET) Game Matchup
1:00 PM Arizona at Detroit
1:00 PM Baltimore at Jacksonville
1:00 PM Houston at Indianapolis
1:00 PM Kansas City at Buffalo
1:00 PM Minnesota at N.Y. Giants
1:00 PM New England at Miami
1:00 PM San Francisco at Chicago
4:05 PM Denver at Oakland
4:05 PM N.Y. Jets at Carolina
4:15 PM Green Bay at Atlanta
4:15 PM St. Louis at Seattle
4:15 PM Washington at Tampa Bay
8:30 PM Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Monday, November 14
Time(ET) Game Matchup
9:00 PM Dallas at Philadelphia

Looking through this schedule there is no doubt about which one is the most important. Browns visit the Steelers tonight in an epic matchup to continue one of the NFL's most historic rivalries. The Browns are fighting for every win they can in this rebuilding season. The Steelers are looking to take out the Browns and tie up with the Bengals for the AFC North.

GO BROWNS!http://www.forumeye.it/invision/html//emoticons/woohoo.gif

dando
11-13-05, 01:50 PM
Buncha stinky games this weekend. I think they mentioned on ESPN Radio this week that there is like one game b/w teams with a winning record. As Cowherd asks, is it parity or mediocrity?

Browns/Steelers epic? Not anymore. Ain't like it was back in the 70s and 80s. Neither is the Battle of Ohiya. Of course it will help once the Brownies actually field a foosball team, not a girls field hockey team. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-13-05, 03:52 PM
I'm calling 63-3 Colts over Texans :rofl:

Stu
11-13-05, 03:55 PM
I'm calling 63-7 Colts over Texans :rofl:

Fixed for you since the Texans already have 7.

Ankf00
11-13-05, 04:16 PM
good looking out :)

Ankf00
11-13-05, 08:19 PM
Chris Simms :cool:

$$$

dando
11-13-05, 09:57 PM
Highlights of da Bears/9ers are fricking hilarious. The FG kicks look like some of my best golf shots. :gomer: :D Nothing like playing foosball in a 40mph breeze.

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
11-14-05, 12:01 AM
dat's 108 record yards of missed field goal return hilarity, my friend - Da Bears! :thumbup:

IlliniRacer
11-14-05, 10:42 AM
:shakehead Jeff Wilkins running the football :shakehead

Time for College Basketball.

Lizzerd
11-15-05, 01:17 AM
Colts, 9 - 0

The Stampeding Herd thundering into, over, and out of the kitty litter next Sunday.

dando and nrc => wimps not to make a bet.

That is all.

dando
11-15-05, 01:28 AM
dat's 108 record yards of missed field goal return hilarity, my friend - Da Bears! :thumbup:
Panthers, Bucs, Steelers, Falcons...oh my! Get back to us after week 17. :gomer:

Bengals = Bears pwned :D

-Kevin

dando
11-15-05, 01:30 AM
Colts, 9 - 0

The Stampeding Herd thundering into, over, and out of the kitty litter next Sunday.

That is all.
Who Dey!

:D

-Kevin

Lizzerd
11-15-05, 03:11 AM
Still no bet offer...

Cluck, cluck, cluck, chicken. :D

devilmaster
11-15-05, 10:49 AM
Still no bet offer...

Oh please bruce. Its easy to yap when your favorite team is 9-0. :rolleyes:

Its like me asking everyone if they want to bet against my harlem globetrotters.....

;)

Stu
11-15-05, 11:54 AM

Its like me asking everyone if they want to bet against my harlem globetrotters.....

;)

I'll take the Bengals +4.5 over the Colts

Al Czervik
11-15-05, 11:58 AM
Give these Colts & Bengals fans a break. 5-6 years ago the only thing that would be important about a Colts/Bengals game in November would be who would get the first draft pick next year :D

Sean O'Gorman
11-15-05, 12:14 PM

;)

Bill: Let me get this straight: you took all the money you made franchising your name and bet it against the Harlem Globetrotters?
Krusty: Oh, I thought the Generals were due! He's spinning the ball on his finger! Just take it, take the ball. That game was fixed. They were using a freakin' ladder, for gods' sakes.

Stu
11-15-05, 12:34 PM

;)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/2000/11/13/spartans_globetrotters_ap/

Lizzerd
11-15-05, 11:53 PM

;)

Hey! They are the ones saying they will kick the Colt's horse butts. I'm just saying to put up or shut up! :D

nrc
11-16-05, 12:28 AM
Colts, 9 - 0

That is all.

If I knew who was going to win I wouldn't be paying to see the game.

Sorry to disappoint by not being a chest thumping fan-boy. The Bengals are a young team trying to learn how to be championship contenders. I'm enjoying watching it. I was there when they took their first big step by beating the Chiefs two years ago and I'm hopeful that they can take their next big step this weekend. We'll see. Ultimately the Bengals' "Patriots" are the Steelers and a win against the Colts may not mean much until they can get that monkey off their back.

I've been "betting" on the Bengals for 15 years at season ticket time. I've got plenty of skin in the game.

nrc
11-16-05, 12:30 AM
Hey! They are the ones saying they will kick the Colt's horse butts. I'm just saying to put up or shut up! :D

Where did I say any such thing? I may have said that they could beat the Colts, but I've never said that they would beat the Colts. You're making stuff up.

Lizzerd
11-16-05, 12:56 AM
Where did I say any such thing? I may have said that they could beat the Colts, but I've never said that they would beat the Colts. You're making stuff up.

Okay, Boss. I do remember some chest thumping from a couple Bengal fans, though. I figgerd you were one of 'em, I guess.

As for me, for now, I am a chest thumper. I'm more than ready for a Super Bowl appearance after a half dozen years of knocking on the door. It's about our turn now and I'd love to see it happen.

I'll shut up for now... until Monday, when I'll either still be thumping or eating crow.

racermike
11-16-05, 05:11 AM
The way things are starting to shape up, the Seattle/Indianapolis game on Christmas Eve is gonna be a dandy.

I am working at getting tix for this game sometime soon.

dando
11-16-05, 01:15 PM
Okay, Boss. I do remember some chest thumping from a couple Bengal fans, though. I figgerd you were one of 'em, I guess.

As for me, for now, I am a chest thumper. I'm more than ready for a Super Bowl appearance after a half dozen years of knocking on the door. It's about our turn now and I'd love to see it happen.

I'll shut up for now... until Monday, when I'll either still be thumping or eating crow.
I've talked smack about this game, but I haven't made any guarantees. I do firmly believe that the Bengals match up better with the Colts than the Steelers (much like they did with the Pats last season). Clearly the Bengals need to win this week or in two weeks @ Pittsburgh to be considered a top tier team. If they don't do that, they are simply an above average team.

Who Dey!

-Kevin

dando
11-16-05, 01:19 PM
The way things are starting to shape up, the Seattle/Indianapolis game on Christmas Eve is gonna be a dandy.

I am working at getting tix for this game sometime soon.
Potential Super Bowl preview. If Indy is to run the table, they ae going to earn it the next 6 weeks:

11 Sun, Nov 20 at Cincinnati
12 Mon, Nov 28 Pittsburgh
14 Sun, Dec 11 at Jacksonville
15 Sun, Dec 18 San Diego
16 Sat, Dec 24 at Seattle

-Kevin

skaven
11-16-05, 01:47 PM
If I knewI was there when they took their first big step by beating the Chiefs two years ago and I'm hopeful that they can take their next big step this weekend.

Last year's win vs. the Denver Donkeys was another tiger step.

Fantasy F00sball Aside - I'm not a Denver homer, but I had some players on bye and saw a juicy matchup - started Plummer, Droughns and DEN defense while my opponent had Chad Johnson who outscored my trio facing Champ "shut down corner my ***" Bailey. I was in a hotel room in Chicago that Monday night and cleaned out all the alcohol from the fridge I was so pissed. :thumdown:

Stu
11-16-05, 01:48 PM
Still no bet offer...

I hate the Bengals.

But they are gonna win on Sunday.

dando
11-16-05, 01:49 PM
I was in a hotel room in Chicago that Monday night and cleaned out all the alcohol from the fridge I was so pissed. :thumdown:
:rofl:

-Kevin

Lizzerd
11-17-05, 02:48 AM
Potential Super Bowl preview. If Indy is to run the table, they ae going to earn it the next 6 weeks:

11 Sun, Nov 20 at Cincinnati
12 Mon, Nov 28 Pittsburgh
14 Sun, Dec 11 at Jacksonville
15 Sun, Dec 18 San Diego
16 Sat, Dec 24 at Seattle

-Kevin

Yep.

Second half much tougher than the first. But, I gotta believe, you know?

dando
11-17-05, 12:38 PM
Yep.

Second half much tougher than the first. But, I gotta believe, you know?
Aye. If I were in yer shoes, I'd be confident, too. BTW, Dr. Z's NFL power rankings included a rundown on Indy's stretch run, and he had them stumbling against Diego. Frankly, I'd be less concerned with the perfect season than I would about being healthy going into the playoffs. Luckily for the Colts their final game is effectively a bye week against 'zona.

-Kevin

dando
11-17-05, 03:31 PM
John Clayton's the Who Dey showdown:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=/firstandten/week11

And this tidbit:

The Colts are 9-0, while the Bengals are 7-2. While the Bengals have to take some criticism for an easy schedule -- they've beaten only one winning team (the Chicago Bears) -- the Colts have played an easier schedule. The undefeated Colts have played against teams with a combined winning percentage of .321, while the Bengals' opponents have a combined winning percentage of .407.

-Kevin

Stu
11-17-05, 03:53 PM
John Clayton's the Who Dey showdown:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=/firstandten/week11

And this tidbit:

-Kevin

Comparing oppenents winning % is only fair if both teams were 7-2. Indy is 9-0, they cannot be any better. Cincy is 7-2, they have room for improvement.

dando
11-17-05, 07:17 PM
Comparing oppenents winning % is only fair if both teams were 7-2. Indy is 9-0, they cannot be any better. Cincy is 7-2, they have room for improvement.
It's perfectly fair to compare the compare the opp. winnings %. I did not draw a conclusion, I just found that factoid interesting considering how the BenGals are much maligned about the record of their opponents. Heck, it's not their fault that get stuck playing the Brownies and Ravens twice. :gomer:

-Kevin