PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Foyt Futility NASCAR thread

jcollins28
11-12-05, 01:04 PM
Well little IV is all growns up now and on his own without "Papa" to guide his career. He managed to qualify and not knock down the wall. IV will start...hmm well somewhere in the back and most certainly will bring out the first caution.

theunions
11-12-05, 05:08 PM
IV will start...hmm well somewhere in the back and most certainly will bring out the first caution.

Is that you, Miss Cleo? ;)

EDwardo
11-12-05, 06:50 PM
He might just suprise everyone.

Nah, thats just crazy............. :rolleyes:

TKGAngel
11-12-05, 07:33 PM
At what point will Foyt realize he's not all that and a bag of skittles and hang it up, before he does himself/others serious harm?

Dr. Corkski
11-12-05, 07:37 PM
Racists.

:gomer:

Al Czervik
11-12-05, 07:37 PM
At what point will Foyt realize he's not all that and a bag of skittles and hang it up, before he does himself/others serious harm?

Already too late for that. :flame:

EDwardo
11-13-05, 12:45 AM
Managed 14 laps before finding the wall.

The official Foyt racing site hasn't caught up with his new career.

http://www.champcarfanatics.com/gallery/data//1/foytjoke.jpg

I did find this pearl at nascar.com though!

""There are a lot of differences that I noticed between the IRL IndyCar and the Busch car," said Foyt, who at age 19 in 2003 became the youngest driver to start in the Indianapolis 500. "With the Busch car, you have to back out of the throttle earlier going into the corner and you have to use the entire racetrack to get the most out of your car."

:rofl:

Ozarkian
11-13-05, 04:26 AM
Managed 14 laps before finding the wall.

The official Foyt racing site hasn't caught up with his new career.

http://www.champcarfanatics.com/gallery/data//1/foytjoke.jpg

I did find this pearl at nascar.com though!

""There are a lot of differences that I noticed between the IRL IndyCar and the Busch car," said Foyt, who at age 19 in 2003 became the youngest driver to start in the Indianapolis 500. "With the Busch car, you have to back out of the throttle earlier going into the corner and you have to use the entire racetrack to get the most out of your car."

:rofl:

I hope he can make the adjustment. That's a lot for him to keep track of.

Methanolandbrats
11-13-05, 10:09 AM
GReat Clips :rofl: Nice sponsor, they'll need a lot of clips!

Rogue Leader
11-13-05, 11:26 AM
That car is a revolving door, he will be replaced in a month..........

cart7
11-13-05, 12:25 PM
I was just watching that Nascar today on Speed. They're talking about Floyd extending Mears contract. changes next year, blah, blah, blah.

Then fat boy Spencer starts singing chippies praises

"Back when Chip was successful in CART, he made personnal changes with the drivers. He added that Zanelli guy............ :saywhat:

Wheel-Nut
11-14-05, 10:50 AM
That car is a revolving door, he will be replaced in a month..........

Yep, I hear the crew back at the shop are "the pinnacle" in the world of sheet metal fabrication!!

Lizzerd
11-15-05, 12:33 AM
I was just watching that Nascar today on Speed. They're talking about Floyd extending Mears contract. changes next year, blah, blah, blah.

Then fat boy Spencer starts singing chippies praises

"Back when Chip was successful in CART, he made personnal changes with the drivers. He added that Zanelli guy............ :saywhat:

I don't know if that ignorant statement reflects worse on SPEED for hiring the idiot, Spencer himself, or NASCAR in general considering he is representing the series (in a way).

Methanolandbrats
11-15-05, 12:39 AM
I don't know if that ignorant statement reflects worse on SPEED for hiring the idiot, Spencer himself, or NASCAR in general considering he is representing the series (in a way).Spencer was a history major and knows very little motorsports.

Accipiter
11-15-05, 10:51 AM
Hey, y'all. Be sure to watch NBS 24-7 on Speed, for "Foyt Futility: The Documentary."