PDA

View Full Version : Future fooseball skeds

coolhand
11-11-05, 04:36 PM
http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/usc-m-footbl-futurescheds.html

Ohio State, Nebraska, CSU among the perenial Notre Dame match up (which will be very tough the next few years.

coolhand
11-11-05, 04:38 PM
http://www.dailytrojan.com/media/paper679/news/2005/11/11/Sports/Cbs-And.Bcs.Are.One.And.The.Same-1054563.shtml?norewrite&sourcedomain=www.dailytrojan.com

Texas is a good football team, as in, as good as Oklahoma the past few seasons. Vince Young is a good quarterback, as in, as good as Kordell Stewart.

He took the word right out of my mouth :D

anyway, I am headed up to Bezerkly this weekend :thumbup:

Ankf00
11-11-05, 05:35 PM
wow, Nebraska and Colorado State, those are gonna be ones to write home about :rolleyes: at least it's an upgrade from the sisters of the poor sched you've got now.

USpoiledChildren is a prolific team, like the 95 Gators were a prolific team. USpoiledChildren is a stout defense, like the 95 Gators were a stout defense.

Wait, how do you spell Lawrence Phillips again? :gomer:
-Ank

p.s. if that article is an indication of the acumen on your student rag's sports staff, then that's pretty sad :gomer:

skaven
11-11-05, 07:32 PM
My little town made the big-timey college daily. War Eagle. :gomer:

Have fun at the game. :thumbup:

Here's a little gem about Ole Ball Coach vs. Gators in ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2220741) and how Gator fans are all conflicted.

"South Carolina's 6-3 and everyone's ecstatic," Bianchi said. "Florida's 7-2 and everyone's miserable."

coolhand
11-11-05, 11:51 PM
p.s. if that article is an indication of the acumen on your student rag's sports staff, then that's pretty sad :gomer:

look at how many awards that "rag" has one reletive to other schools

racermike
11-12-05, 03:32 AM
Ducks sched'

06 - Oklahoma, UCLA, USC
07 - Michigan, USC
08 - Purdue
09 - Purdue
10 - rumors of Texas, Michigan, Penn St, or Notre Dame

coolhand
11-12-05, 04:06 AM
Ducks sched'

06 - Oklahoma, UCLA, USC
07 - Michigan, USC
08 - Purdue
09 - Purdue

good, then the ducks can beat those teams and shut up pac-10 bashers for s split second

skaven
11-12-05, 11:48 AM
...Nebraska...

Needs to fire their AD.

Ankf00
11-12-05, 01:35 PM
look at how many awards that "rag" has one reletive to other schools

maybe they've won something too :gomer:

and there will be no Oregon Texas in 2010...

Texas @ UCLA 2010
return game 2011
Texas @ BC 2012
return game 2013

:gomer:

good, then the ducks can beat those teams and shut up pac-10 bashers for s split second
hey, how'd that Holiday Bowl work out for y'all last year? oh right, you didn't even remember it ;)

Ankf00
11-12-05, 01:49 PM
Needs to fire their AD.

and Aggy needs to fire the AD they hired away from Nebraska :rofl:

coolhand
11-13-05, 02:50 PM
maybe they've won something too :gomer:

and there will be no Oregon Texas in 2010...

Texas @ UCLA 2010
return game 2011
Texas @ BC 2012
return game 2013

hey, how'd that Holiday Bowl work out for y'all last year? oh right, you didn't even remember it ;)

I thought last year did not matter ank, you cannnot have it both ways.

How did the orange bowl go? oh yeah, Texas Tech lost yesterday.

Ankf00
11-13-05, 03:43 PM
I thought last year did not matter ank, you cannnot have it both ways.

How did the orange bowl go? oh yeah, Texas Tech lost yesterday.

the point is you keep pointing to the orange bowl whupping as the definitive evidence of how good the pac-10 is. this is the pont YOU've repeatedly made. I merely bring up the counter-point that your #2 team last year that was supposedly jobbed from a BCS berth was rolled by an above average big 12 team.

obviously this doesn't hold for this year. but while you keep pointing to that orange bowl, i'll keep pointing to the holiday bowl. funny how that works :gomer:

coolhand
11-13-05, 03:56 PM
the point is you keep pointing to the orange bowl whupping as the definitive evidence of how good the pac-10 is. this is the pont YOU've repeatedly made. I merely bring up the counter-point that your #2 team last year that was supposedly jobbed from a BCS berth was rolled by an above average big 12 team.

obviously this doesn't hold for this year. but while you keep pointing to that orange bowl, i'll keep pointing to the holiday bowl. funny how that works :gomer:

anyway, Your only other ranked b-12 team lost to OSU. :gomer:

Ankf00
11-13-05, 03:58 PM
*shrug* :)

VY == Heisman :p

coolhand
11-13-05, 04:00 PM
*shrug* :)

VY == Heisman :p

he will never be an NFL QB, so at that part he fails to be the next Kordell stewart.

Only people in Austin and the USC bashers in the media are making the case for VY.

you cannot use states to knock on Bush or Leinert because they actually play on a balanced offense with a bunch of talented people. Their teams don't have to rely on them, but that does not mean that they could be the greatest player in colege football

Ankf00
11-13-05, 04:14 PM
:cry:
Heisman winners put up big #'s and score TDs. Jason White played on balanced offenses, so did Carson Palmer and Chris Weinke.

he will never be an NFL QB, so at that part he fails to be the next Kordell stewart. All NFL scouts would disagree with you, whether or not he'll ever be successfull remains to be seen, he will be drafted at QB, however. Regardless, I'm enjoying seeing him live in person and his NFL prospects don't bother me in the least.

Only people in Austin and the USC bashers in the media are making the case for VY.
people at ESPN must be USC bashers then :gomer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/

Vince leading Reggie ;) Reggie with big red downward pointing arrow next to his name too...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_4220893,00.html

The RMN heisman tracking poll, VY leads that one too...

For the 19th consecutive year, the News is conducting a Heisman poll each week of the college football season.

• There are 10 voters - two from each of five regions in the country - who vote for five players each week. The tabulations are made on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis, with five points for a first-place vote, four for a second-place vote, etc.
looks like lots of USC haters out there...

it's Leinart vs. VY now.

coolhand
11-13-05, 04:29 PM
VY will be in the NFL, but could be a corner, safty or Reciever (he could be very good there).

White and Palmer are QB's!!!!!!!!!!!! Reggie is not last i heard, so it is out of his controll to put up big numbers and people who know football know that

Ankf00
11-13-05, 04:56 PM
VY will be in the NFL, but could be a corner, safty or Reciever (he could be very good there). :rofl: you won't find 5 let alone 2 NFL scouts that don't think VY will be drafted at QB, but again he's tearing it up right now and will be back next year for my sports watching enjoyment, and that's what counts :)

White and Palmer are QB's!!!!!!!!!!!! Reggie is not last i heard, so it is out of his controll to put up big numbers and people who know football know that
:rofl:

coolhand
11-13-05, 06:47 PM
So pete caroll should keep him in the whole game and run up the score like Texas does? for the "stats"?

People who know the game know how very different a situation Reggie is in compared to Vince Young. And that will be taken into account in the voting

Ankf00
11-13-05, 08:16 PM
I know it makes you feel better by spewing B.S., but...

Texas never ran up the score. Try watching games not involving USC sometime, it's fun

midway in the 3rd quarter, Ark @ USC, Score 55-10

2nd and 3 at ARK 22 Matt Leinart pass complete to David Kirtman for 22 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

last play of 3rd Q, Stan @ USC, Score 44-14

1st and 10 at USC 21 Reggie Bush rush for 5 yards to the USC 26.
previous drive midway in 3rd Leinart's throwing

2nd and 5 at USC 37 Matt Leinart pass incomplete to Chris McFoy.

end of 3rd Q vs. Wazzou, score 48-6

3rd-3, WAST5 Leinart incomplete pass to the right

end of 3rd Q vs. U Dub, score 44-24

2nd-10, WASH21 M. Leinart incomplete pass to the left

Those games were all REALLY close. Leinart was only throwing because the game was on the line :rolleyes:

no USC wasn't running up the score, USC was playing their conference schedule the way everyone does, it's called football, perhaps you've heard of this sport. Your starters play in the 3rd q regardless. It's conference play, you don't let up until the final quarter comes around.

Young left the games vs. Kansas and Baylor in the 3rd quarter just like every other QB in most every other program at that point in the game is withdrawn during or at the end of the 3rd.

USC and all other programs do not do things any differently, nor should they

You can cry all you want about fairness, but Bush isn't getting any less touches than he was at the start of the season. In fact he's averaged more touches the past 3 weeks than the 3 weeks during which he put himself in the front of the Heisman race.

Fact: Bush is getting same amount of touches per game, 15 touches vs. 14 touches avg, his strech of best 5 games from ark through ND, vs. last 4 games
Fact: Bush is only getting 60% his previous rushing production, 135/game vs. 86/game
Fact: Bush has only 2 rushing TD's the past 4 games
Fact: Bush's production is MARKEDLY down
Fact: Bush, Leinart, and VY play 3 quarters just like every other starter in games like theirs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/bush1.jpg

15 touches, 135 yards, 1.5 TD per game

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Ankf00/bush2.jpg

14 touches, 86 yards, .6 TD per game

Fact: Reggie Bush is one of the top 5 athletes in college football today
Fact: Reggie Bush will most likely be a successful pro
Fact: Matt Leinart is one of the top 5 QB's in college football today
Fact: Matt Leinart has the potential to be a successful pro, but you never know with QB's

but hey, keep knocking VY as a bad QB and Mack as classless, your delusion is amusing :)

dando
11-13-05, 08:29 PM
Ducks sched'

06 - Oklahoma, UCLA, USC
07 - Michigan, USC
08 - Purdue
09 - Purdue
Not sure I'd trust anything on the Ducks schedule. Yer boyz were supposed to come out to play OSU east in The Shoe last season or the season before last and bailed out. :saywhat:

-Kevin

coolhand
11-13-05, 08:34 PM
fact: you spent alot of time on that post.

fact: Reggie shares time with another very good RB, He also returns kicks and lines up as a reciever.
fact: He is on a team with a reigning Heisman winning QB who like to throw the ball to his other reviecers sometimes.
fact: VY is involed with every play and Reggie is not. apples and oranges.

Ankf00
11-13-05, 08:41 PM
:cry:

coolhand
11-13-05, 09:15 PM
:mad:
:p