PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Kirby article

RichK
11-10-05, 01:30 PM
Great article on Champcar's site (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9838)

After greeting each other, Floyd wasted no time in expressing his enthusiasm for Champ Car's turnaround. "You know Gordon," he observed. "It's great to see this series going forward. I mean, it's definitely on a big upswing."
I said it was good to hear that from him, but cautioned that there was still a lot of work to be done on many fronts.

"I'm sure you're right," Floyd responded. "But you're looking at it from the inside. From the outside everybody sees that this thing is on the move. It's going forward."

KLang
11-10-05, 01:36 PM
Interesting to read that they are trying to establish a friendly relationship with NASCAR.

Also a very interesting comment from cheep:
"It doesn't make good business sense to do it next year." Chip himself said. "'07 would be more likely."

G.
11-10-05, 02:49 PM
Wow. Read this article!

Pretty exciting stuff, and plenty of talk about 3 day festivals for the D&G crowd (guess that's including me, always wanted to go to MO, and wanted to continue my annual trek to RA with g.).

Seriously, though, read this.

Anteater
11-10-05, 07:40 PM
Good article! Floyd is smarter than his kid, too.

coolhand
11-10-05, 08:34 PM
Chip enjoyed himself during the weekend, hanging out for a while at the RuSPORT, PKV and Newman/Haas motor homes.

RuSports Buffet was cleaned out, move on to PKV and then clear out NHR :gomer:

coolhand
11-10-05, 08:43 PM
"In my opinion if people want to watch oval racing they're going to want to watch NASCAR. How do you compete with the spectacle of forty stock cars charging around an oval track? It's a spectacle, but it's not a festival."

when i hear festivals my first thought is bonfires and drum circles :rolleyes:

Kiwifan
11-11-05, 01:30 AM
Thanks Rich, I woulda missed that. :thumbup:

Cheers, Rusty.

jonovision_man
11-11-05, 09:21 AM
"It doesn't make good business sense to do it next year." Chip himself said. "'07 would be more likely."

That's cool :thumbup: Some truth to these rumours, not just internet speculation.