PDA

View Full Version : San Jose track revision announced

cameraman
11-09-05, 06:18 PM
On Speedtv.com

http://www.speedtv.com/_assets/library/img/large/87932_sjg.jpg

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/20671/

Chief among the modifications will be the widening of the track surface on crucial corners, in an aim to improve passing opportunities - a virtual impossibility in the ’05 event - and the smoothening of the railroad tracks at the Almaden Blvd. and Market St. straights, which sent the Lola-Fords airborne in a way Paul Tracy likened to WRC jumps last July.

FCYTravis
11-09-05, 07:27 PM
Yeeaaaay, still 1.4 miles of phun and eggcitement :thumdown:

Methanolandbrats
11-09-05, 07:32 PM
THe good news is just snowballing ;)

Dr. Corkski
11-09-05, 07:54 PM
Yeah, improving the view is going to do a lot when you take out the only things remotely exciting about it. :laugh:

cart7
11-09-05, 08:50 PM
Couldn't they have lengthened it any? I'm sure there are some alley ways in the area that could've been utilized.

Ankf00
11-09-05, 10:52 PM
Champ Kart World Series.

Don Quixote
11-10-05, 11:15 AM
Remember when the previous regime always used to make improvements to the street courses to make the racing better? Remember how they used to review the races every year and identify problems with the courses and try to make adjustments where possible. Remember? Didn't think so. :)

Dr. Corkski
11-10-05, 03:15 PM
Remember when the previous regime always used to make improvements to the street courses to make the racing better? Remember how they used to review the races every year and identify problems with the courses and try to make adjustments where possible. Remember? Didn't think so. :)I remember the previous regime going to real race tracks. :gomer:

RacinM3
11-10-05, 03:30 PM
What, no loop al la' my old hot wheels set?

pferrf1
11-10-05, 03:44 PM
I remember the previous regime going to real race tracks. :gomer:

I remember the previous regime going bankrupt going to real race tracks.

San Jose = access to high tech community which hopefully = sponsors.

Dirty Sanchez
11-10-05, 03:51 PM
so its not about the product then. its about how many sponsors they can get for a weaker product :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
11-10-05, 03:53 PM
I remember the previous regime going bankrupt going to real race tracks.

San Jose = access to high tech community which hopefully = sponsors. The previous regime went broke because that f'n retard Tony George split openwheel racing and many fans said to hell with it. They wanted to go to the races, not a political debate.

pferrf1
11-10-05, 06:00 PM
I really doubt that attendance at Road America was split in half because people found a racing politics debate going on. Regardless, the past has become irrelevant. The split, the reasons for it., etc are irrelevant. The only way to fix the sport is to move forward now.

Past well attended races at RA, MidO and Laguna are irrelevant because it was not happening today, and quite frankly, CCWS doesn't have the time to wait for it to happen again. They can't sell the sport to sponsors saying, "we know that we have 20 races, Yes, we know 5 of them are attendance busts, but they take place on great tracks!" Perception is reality to sponsors and sports marketing types. The aura of success breeds more success. This year is evidence enough. CCWS are able to go to sponsors for next year and factually say that they had a double digit increase in average attendance at their events. That is huge in creating positive momentum and bringing dollars into the series. Dollars that will one day bring fields up to 24 + cars and help get rid of ride-buyers. Dollars that will get all the races on to network TV.

Sponsors are the key because without sponsor money, the sport will dissappear. CCWS cannot afford to be idealistic at this point.

Perhaps one day great road cousres can come back. I really hope road america comes back. But it won't be anytime soon though.

Don Quixote
11-10-05, 06:10 PM
I remember the previous regime going to real race tracks. :gomer:
So you think the goofballs at MO and RA are ready to step up and host another champcar race? Lots of luck with that one. If you like the previous regime so much, you can watch them race here: Raholes new home (http://www.indyracing.com/home.php)

Dr. Corkski
11-10-05, 08:10 PM
So you think the goofballs at MO and RA are ready to step up and host another champcar race? Lots of luck with that one. If you like the previous regime so much, you can watch them race here: Raholes new home (http://www.indyracing.com/home.php)So you think Champ Car is ready to step up and become more than a niche sport? Lots of luck with that one. If you like street racing so much, you should just buy this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008MZ0N.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:gomer:

Don Quixote
11-11-05, 09:53 AM
So you think Champ Car is ready to step up and become more than a niche sport? Lots of luck with that one. If you like street racing so much, you should just buy this:
:gomer:
Gee, maybe you can talk Bernie and Max into coming over and fixin things for us event goers.

mueber
11-11-05, 12:44 PM
GrandAm goes to real race tracks; nobody watches them at those "real" race tracks either.

If people won't come to the product, Champ Car has no choice but to bring the product to the people. Hopefully, with strength, the "real" race tracks will come back. Anyone how doesn't think that is a good idea is more than welcome to put up their millions to race in front of empty Road America, Mid-Ohio and Laguna Seca until you turn things around doing it your way.