RTKar
03-19-03, 10:37 PM
mms://lv-msnbc.msnbc.com/msnbc7

rabbit
03-19-03, 11:02 PM
Say a prayer for the good guys.:(

rocket
03-19-03, 11:47 PM
Yesterday, I spoke with my friend and co-worker Jim, who I have known for 10 years. He is Air Force reserve, and does medical aero-vac. flying into combat zones to pick up the injured. When he called it was 6 am where he was in Kuwait, and they were packing and getting ready to move up. His wife called us a while later, and after speaking with her, I was practically in tears. She sent this email to their friends and family . I am posting it here to share with you.

To All of Our Family and Friends,
For those of you who I have not gotten around to calling with our family’s news, please forgive me. Just wanted to let everybody know that Jim was called to Active Duty on Monday, 24 Feb 03 (Lauren’s 3rd Birthday!) He was to report to his unit at Scott Air Force Base within 24 hours. He worked there in preparation to go overseas through Sunday, 2 Mar 03. They were allowed 2 days off to be with their families on Mon, 3 Mar and Tues, 4 Mar,
but they were not allowed to leave the area. So Katie, Lauren and I drove 8 hours (many stops with 1 driver and 2 little girls) to be with him. It was a very emotional few days. What do you say to the love of your life in those last few moments? Then, us 3 girls drove safely home Wed, 5 Mar 03. Jim left Scott Air Force
Base on Sat, 8 Mar and flew for 18+ hours to Kuwait City. They were allowed to sleep and shower in Kuwait City. I was thankful to be able to talk to him on Mon, 10 Mar 03. Then when I spoke with him on Tues, 11 Mar he was in the country of Oman. He’s been there ever since, waiting… He’s in a good place at the moment where he can call home, have access to e-mail, take a shower while living in tents. But when IT happens, he will be moved to the barren desert with none of the comforts described above. Please pray for his safe return back home. Meanwhile, I’ve been working hard on getting our Elgin town home ready to
sell. The walls have been painted and we have new hardwood flooring covering the first floor. My greatest challenge is deciding what to do with 16 years worth of accumulation of STUFF! So I’ve been moving a lot of it into storage or out for donations. Before Jim left to go overseas, I asked him what he wanted me to do with all of his clothes in our town home that he left behind. He said I can pack up and save the clothes that I think he might like to keep and then I can donate the rest of his clothes. So as I go through his clothes I just cry and cry because it feels to me as if he’s died. This verse from the Bible helps to give me strength:
But the people will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle inthe sky; they will run and not need rest; they will walk and not becometired. Isaiah 40:31
I know that God is giving me the strength to go on for the sake of Katie andLauren. They are such precious gifts from God and I know God will help methrough all of this for them. Please pray with us that God will continue to provide me with the strength I need to go on, the wisdom to know what are the right things to do for our family, and the courage to JUST DO IT! Jim may not have time to answer all of his e-mails and soon he may not have
Internet access, but here are his overseas e-mail addresses:

I'm not sticking the email add. for obvious reasons, and I'm not trying to make any anti or pro war statements. I'm just sharing something that hits close to home. They were both over there during Desert Storm too, but didn't have the kids yet.

I am going to contact his wife o see if she needs any help doing anything to get their townhome ready to sell.

My prayers are with them, and everyone else involved with this...

JT265
03-20-03, 10:03 AM
Amen rocket. Lets hope they are back home safe, and soon too.